>rebels are evil
>humans are evil
>your parents were the bad guys
>you are half human half inbred
>and you're the bad guy too
>there is no good or evil, there is only edge

How about
>angels are mysterious weirdos, no one knows what they want
>demons are mysterious weirdos, no one knows what they want, but it probably isn't good
>people generally agree on what is good and evil, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of cosmic element to it

>it's the tryhard subverting a trope just for the sake of subversion episode!

I feel your pain.

>angels are bad guys
>demons are bad guys
>god is a bad guy
>satan is a bad guy
>church is evil
>empire is evil
>rebels are evil
>humans are evil
>your parents were the bad guys
>you are half human half inbred
>and you're the bad guy too
>there is no good or evil, there is only edge
WELCOME TO BERSERK!
I WILL BE YOUR GUIDE!

The ideal is:
>Angels just follow their deity's law - so if the deity is good, then they are good
>Demons are constantly evil, even if they help you or do something that seems good, it's only for an evil goal further down the line, and they will backstab you even if you're helping them
>Good and Evil exist but people are mainly grey with a few extremes that are either completely evil or completely good

I like it!

Depends on setting.

Name three examples.

>Angels are horny
>Demons are horny
>Both have sex

Is this Berserk?

>the offspring is humanity

>Fuck DMs who use this setting...
You're in one.

Evil and good are childish concepts.
The true dichotomy is between order and chaos.

>the offspring is humanity
Diablo backstory.

Demons are often funnier than angels, like if they were the teenager/adult part opposed to kid/old.

>Non-good deities having angels

No

Where did you get the data for "often funnier"?

No no no, humanity is what happens when a angel goes down on a rising ape.

A neutral entity can have angels, and they wouldn't be good.

If there's no true good and evil, how can you tell that angels are evil and demons are good?

So you want inevitables vs slaad?

Not that user, but can you picture angels cracking jokes?

Like, METATRON doing stand-up comdey or something?

>angels
>protect law, enjoy light and flowers
>demons
>like sex, drugs, happy with things gone wrong
gee I wonder

Contrary to what you may think, the concept of religion in fantasy is open to expression. A dungeon master may choose to have only angels, or the man may choose to have only demons, or he can choose to have both. It all depends on what best fits his desired setting and the tone he wants to induce on his players.

evil and good are state of mind, habits
fuck off with the nuances of grey tendencies

when you're young, you're innocent and discovering the world, liking it whatever the fuck it is, you're an angel
when you grow up, you confront your parents, you take drugs, you do bad things, you chase freedom, you're a demon

when you leave adulthood, you realize new generation manage the cake for you and you don't have any responsibilities or huge moral choice to make, you come back to an angel state where you enjoy things like they are

the adage "the elder, kids and women before" is wrong, because women follow that pattern too, and mature women are often way more demonic (intuitive, chaotic) than men (less powerful intuition)

as for the almighty concept of nuances of grey, it's shit, a reduction
it comes from a shit movie for mature women wanting to feel more chaotic so more in control of their lives (adulthood)
you're only grey when you move from angel to demon, or otherwise, it's a temporal state, a transition, a transformation

>Angels hate you
>Demons hate you
>Nobody has ever seen God
>Everyone blames humans for him being silent and absent
Have fun monkeys.

>No one has ever seen an angel
>For all we know, we ARE the demons
>The aliens don't know either
>What, did you think the fey would give you a straight answer?
>The mole men know nothing
>Summoning the ghosts of the dinosaurs reveals no additional information, mostly because they don't speak mammal
>Even Santa doesn't know, it's part of why he takes his job so seriously - for all he knows, he's the only thing protecting the innocence and joy of the young

>>angels are bad guys
>>demons are bad guys
>>god is a bad guy
>>satan is a bad guy
I see no problem with these first things.

>there is no true good or evil, mainly gray
>dude, I just want to turn my brain off lmao why can’t enemies be color coded so I know who to hit?

Order and chaos are childish concepts. The true dichotomy is between responsibility and lack thereof. Order is just an illusion that people hide behind when they're terrified at the thought of being held responsible for their actions. Good is a value judgement applied to order.

I love persona! It has such great themes

>le ebin supernatural setting
juvenile and atrocious

>uses 278 characters to say nothing

How about

>Morality is fucking subjective
>Your enemy is going to paint you as the bad guy because to them you are
>The whole concept of "irredeemably evil empire" is fucking stupid and redundant and bland and uninteresting

Fuck, go watch Sperg Wars if you're so incapable of drawing moral comparisons that you need to have a definitive side that's "evil" and "good".

Why are christians such whiny babies about everything?

>Supernatural outsiders are the same as humans

Moral dichotomies are childish concepts. They are occasionally useful cognitive shortcuts, nothing more.

I've a GM who's doing this through a homebrew hybridization of Spirit of '77....

We just started it but I'm not optimistic.

>fantay setting has no deities, fae, or otherworldly outsider type creatures.

>half human half inbred

>not being able to comprehend the difference between what propagandist humans call good and evil and what is ACTUALLY good and evil
>failing to realize that an action is inherently good or evil even if every (imperfect) human who witnesses it disagrees with the truth, or even if nobody witnesses it at all

It's like you don't even Abolition of Man