Worldbuilding Thread

>A religious sect gathers up female orphans and young girls at nunneries and convents.
>This Sect Trains these girls in the ways of war, and wielding God's Love/The Light/The Cosmic Power of the Uterus.
>With about a thousand members and more being trained every day, This Sect produces the largest amount of Paladins in the region.

What could you add to this? Do you think it'd work in your setting?

Are the gods in the setting real? A cool idea of mine is that different god's have different paladins and have then fight/aggressively evangelize with each-other for territory/believers. This would happens outside the normal conflicts and kept mostly a secret since if any particular church seems to be overly violent it would cost the gods believers and therefore power.

I'd say that this region is relatively monotheistic, whereas everyone else is polytheistic.

Like the 8 million gods of japan, but all of a sudden the Catholic Jesuits are coming in to ruin everyone's fun.

>Unfortunately, despite the rigorous training, most of the girl-paladins that the school produces end up being easily defeated and raped in battle by huge-dicked Orc warriors, and they are promptly carried off to serve as breeding machines for the Orc horde.

It would work in my setting (something like that already works in my setting), but I think that 1000 is too large a number. I'd cut it down to a couple of hundreds at most, maybe even a few dozen only.

Anything that would be a "Sizable Number" probably would work. Then you've have Schrodinger's Femadins

>the fempaladins are viciously raped by monsters all the time like in the hentai

what could go wrong

This is my fetish.

>What could you add to this?
A lot.
>Do you think it'd work in your setting?
Well, since the main power in this part of the world we're campaigning in is a theocratic matriarchy, with the head being a Queen-Priestess, it totally could work.

It wasn't funny the first time, it sure as hell isn't funny now

Based orc poster

>a lot

Any examples?

>A religious sect gathers up loli orphans and lolis at nunneries and convents.
>This Sect Trains these lolis in the ways of war, and wielding God's Love/The Light/The Cosmic Power of the Uterus.
>With about a thousand members and more being trained every day, This Sect produces the largest amount of loli Paladins in the region.

What could you add to this? Do you think it'd work in your setting?

Fetish faggotry isn't worldbuilding.

have it so that the Lolis grow up into amazons.

It worked for Games Workshop. It can work for this thread.

Um, that's pretty much exactly what OP suggested. Of course, they aren't lolis any more upon graduation.

It worked for a great deal of literature and games. But brace yourself for insecure faggots who will try to ruin the thread.

>Code of Princess

I forgot about you. Maybe I should redownload and actually finish that game.

Yeah, no. This is retarded. Go peddle your magical realm elsewhere
>How does it effect your setting xDD
Well obviously it becomes an anime doujin full of memes and cute girls and sex! Wow what an amazing thread this is!

Sure, see nothing wrong here
Gods are fairly active and willing to take on more mortal champions if they keep the faith

What hell have you gone through to make you so jaded sir?

Well, here's one take:

let's base our deity loosely off Inanna, who was a goddess of both fertility and war.

>common peasants/ laypeople are taught her fertility aspect, told to be fruitful and multiply, to have their crops and farms and fields and beasts be fruitful, etc
>If they're not fruitful, the goddess has shunned them.
>women are drafted into the military regularly.
>"men can be heroic, but only women can be exceptional".
>Any church saints or champions are all women
>You could use the moon, an orchid, a lily, or whatever other "feminine" iconography for your holy symbol.

I'm not even trying very hard here, bro.

This guy has it right OP, PC classes are fairly rare and I don't think there'd be that many, probably plenty of militant priestess though

Thanks man! you're a gentleman and a scholar.

Been pretty burnt out lately cause a game fell apart due to scheduling issues and lack of inspiration.

here's some shit I used:

>In front of the fireplace was a low table with a trio of statuettes of the Golden Lady in her aspects: The Lily of Spring, which depicted a nude but faceless woman draped languidly, almost sensually over a lily, cradling a cornucopia overflowing with food against her lower belly; the Defender, an armored woman wearing full plate armor including an obscuring faceplate, carrying a large heater shield with two sheathed swords attached to the shield itself; and finally, the Kneeling Woman, another faceless woman that knelt on one knee, hands together in prayer, hair drawn up into a bun at the nape of her neck.

Lily: fertility aspect and administrative arm of the church
Defender: war aspect and militant arm of the Church.
Kneeling woman: Healing/ Singing/ Teaching aspect of the church.

>cosmic power of the uterus

It was the plan from the strt

i love it.

Ok, now that girl is just begging to be defiled by an Orc. You knew that as soon as you posted her.

Well i haven't heard anything about celibacy yet. so its possible to have an Orc boyfriend. Though Doctrine demands that they bring her flowers and a dinner date first.

>Flowers and a dinner date
I swear Veeky Forums has some of the sappiest people when it comes to how romance should work.
Then again it also seems like half of Veeky Forums are overly prudish.

Would it really be possible to fit an Orcish cock in that pussy willingly? Most pussies are left absolutely annihilated by Orc dicks.

Also do girls in this universe like Orcs? Have all the centuries of Orc rape left them with a secret craving for Orc cock?

Not that poster, but if I were to guess, I'd say most likely a bunch of retards crowdsourcing their magical realms under the label of """Worldbuilding"""

It'd make anyone not here to beat off jaded.

In a stone-age campaign I ran, the resident goddess was represented by a triangle.
Two boobs and a pussy.
the Vee of pubic hair.
Birth, life, death.
land, sea, and sky.
such and so forth.

In an eastern-themed campaign I ran, the local goddess was represented by the silkworm. Only priests and priestesses could wear silks, and every woman in the nation had to spend at least a year weaving silk for the temples before she was allowed to take a husband.

In one campaign I was a part of, corn was the goddess' holy symbol. spreading the corn husks carried a labia reference, the cornsilk pubic hair.
Every year, the women of the village would hold corn-husking parties, and present the men with corn as a reward/ encouragement for virility.

One idea I've been half-assed toying with is the apple:
Slice it down one way, and the pattern of seeds in the pit looks somewhat labial. Slice it another way, and it's a star. Divinity and fertility in one fruit.

Yeah I looked at those threads. And while they are pretty blatant, cool shit is in it so they're not total write offs.

Not nearly as bad as the vore people that show up in every thread about giants

t. stupid orc

t. faggot that lost his brain to cock.

Orks should be a female only race, why are you fags making your orks men?

hate orcs

Could work. But Paladins are decidedly more like the origin of the name than god powered holy warriors since it's relatively lower magic.

I just have them keep their numbers up by being parthenogenic

So I talked about this in a previous thread and I got 1-2 responses and now I want to develop it into a more complete concept. Since I've recently been given the all clear to start getting a new campaign ready I want to make this one really special.

I've been thinking of doing a city guard/tax collector/inquisitor game that takes place primarily in one major city in a fantasy setting. The basic idea that I'm going for is "agents of an empire that play out their role as a small cog in a humongous machine". I'm not looking for the players to go on some world altering quests, just looking for them to play (or subvert) their roles in the world.

The city that I've been thinking of having the game take place in would be a metropolis built entirely within the confines of a very narrow (a few hundred feet max) passageway that stretches dozens of miles. The city would be completely packed from wall to wall as millions of people try to live/prosper/survive inside. The passage goes on for so long that many people born inside the middle sections never get to see outside of the two massive granite walls on either side of them. Throughout the different sections, various choke points where the walls get within a few feet of each other separate the city into various states that are controlled by trade princes and various councils.

The only authority that transcends the various states would be the jobs of the PC's in their quests to track down tax evaders, rogue mages, and dangerous criminals. Their jobs would be to go into the slummiest parts of the city and drag out those that they've been sent after.

So yeah, that's what I've been thinking of running for the foreseeable future. I wanted to ask you for some ideas/criticism/complaints about what you think for the game. I want to know how I can turn this game into something memorable for my players.

One would think people would dig into the walls

I'm not really a huge fan of Paladins in general, but why not?

That's not true. Unless you are in some type of special snowflake realm where the PCs are masters of the universe from day 1.

Larger groups are natural and include the players into a whole system and hierarchy. There would be tiers and ranks, and obviously a very visible ladder of power. Even if the group/class isn't organized, these differences would still be visible and it wouldn't be uncommon enough to find another.

Unless you are playing something demonstrably against the curve of society, generally sorcerors/warlocks/necromancers the like, then that's fine if you want to be rather solitary. But this is the military arm of a sect, and while the term does detonate a certain scale to it, that scale is not yet told. A sect could control/maintain many monasteries, hermitages, and shrines, as long as they are not the most prominent faith.

A 1000 is a perfectly fine number to myself and only having it be a dozen, to which the PC would be apart of, would be disingenuous if they were starting at a low level. Unless you want your campaign to be very local, I don't see it being very engaging nor satisfying from a player or worldbuilding perspective.

You realize that anything over 10' would be proportionally inhuman and unable to procreate with normal humanoids? This is demonstrable in our populations. Those people are called mutants.

And even further, if they did have average sizes of a human male, that would actually allow them to breed with smaller humanoids and be attracted to them, they'd be pathetically small compared to the bodies you so lavish over?

All I'm saying is, if you are so horny for green dick, you can go be a faggot elsewhere.

I just have one piece of advice to you, do not make your setting claustrophobic. Even if you confine the whole story to one city in one canyon, it should be suggested that the known world is much more vast than that and that the city has some outside connections.

One region has two goddesses of war who hate each other, one being aggressive and bloodthirsty and the other strategic and who seeks justice. I feel like both could end up doing it.

However the majority wouldn't be paladins, or thaumaturges as they are in my setting. They could at most be knights who may have a spell or two up their sleeve, except for the first goddess who also likes to kill mages.

Greeks had agressive and bloodthirsty Enyo and strategic Athena. Though they rarely interacted, but Athena did have that sort of antagonism with Ares, who was also bloodthirsty and agressive too.

I love you, and you are doing gods work my friend.

So like Petra then?

So how many species worship these matronistic gods, and thus live in a materialistic society? All of them? Just the human ones? Is it everyone in that species, or just societies within them? How does this affect relations?

Also- Orc Ladyknights, and Giant Ladyknights FTW.

>Orc Ladyknights

>>This Sect Trains these girls in the ways of war, and wielding God's Love/The Light/The Cosmic Power of the Uterus.

That's essentially where I inspired myself with those two

Personally, I'd throw the whole idea into the bin because it sounds like pointless fetish fuel. The concept of a paladin is frankly already stupid and overused enough, making an exclusively female paladin order is really just pushing it into the realms of absurdity.
That said, if you insist in these kinds of fetishes, I'd say you actually need to add a god damn backstory to this - actual reasons for this happening, the history of the order, detail the religious beliefs that lead to such organization, at least give a SEMBLANCE of explanation why such an illogical thing would exist, and why the fuck would they not just collect boys instead.
You could also actually provide some kind of political context, their relationship to other institutions. Maybe explore the subject of predjudice or resistance to the idea among more traditionally-minded members of the population.

>Do you think it'd work in your setting?
No, plain and simple. I don't have paladins in my world, and there is absolutely no reason why anyone would form a female only warrior guild. It just does not add up.

>So how many species worship these matronistic gods, and thus live in a materialistic society
Matronistic?
Materialistic?
I think I'm completely confused here.

Does anyone have any good worldbuilding templates?

I have a world in my head, I've wrriten notes down but want to write a proper encyclopaedia for it but the problem is the layout, and putting things into sections.

>Write a 50 pages document detailing my homebrew setting
>Delete it all in a fit of anger because I hate everything I've written and because my players don't care about the world beyond what's attacking them or who's paying them

Rate my blog.

>creating a world for your players
>not creating a world for yourself

Romance is a slippery slope. Bringing flowers and dinner to your wife is romantic and she would love it, but not the girl you're trying to date.

People fall in love because they want to have sex with each other, there is literally no other reason. Once you have sex a few times THEN you start to appreciate the little things.

I started creating it as a glossary for my players then I decided to create it for myself, but then I realized that I don't like what I've written at all and wiped it off.

I've done this several times before. Everything I create disappoints me and I throw it away. I wish I knew how to stop being an asshole.

Stop wiping it off mate, each time you make a world you get better at it, it's practise, but there's no point raging and deleting it.

>there is literally no other reason
You clearly don't go out very often.

Sorry, typo, I meant maternalistic.

Well you can either start small and move outwards, or start Big and move inwards. But in terms of making something for others to read, you should start with the big stuff, and contain things within categories- hear are the major concepts, major nations, etc.

What about Asexuals?

Bite the bullet, and show the trash to someone who’s not the internet. Keep focused on the positive feedback, and ignore the impulse to think they’re lying and that you suck. Keep doing this until you’ve convinced yourselves your friends aren’t lying to you, and that you are half-decent at what you do.

World-building question.
I'm trying to think of a reason why players would try and stop an evil King from ending 10 years of peace to start a war with a neighboring country.

they'll be concripted to fight in that war if they dont.

I don’t know about why they’d stop him, but maybe play up the drama of what’s worse- the presence of a powerful terrible man who is a competent politician, or his absence?

Maternalistic is still an odd choice of word. Didn't you mean Matriarchal? As in: governed and ruled primarily by women?
If so, it's well worth mentioning that "Matriarchy" is actually only a theoretical, and academically discredited concept. There is no actual evidence of such society ever existing - the "theory of matriarchy" is an outdated and disproven pseudo-scientific theory belonging in the late 19th century "evolutionary" anthropology, based largely on utter misunderstanding of existing cultural evidence and some really wild speculation.

Well this pretty much gives us the base for the Sisters of Battle, so through in a bit more fire and I'd reckon they'd work pretty well.

And this is the point where people say that women can't lead, and everyone gets up in arms arguing and thus the bait was successful.

Thank you for clarifying the term for the user, but kindly get the hell out of here.

They've been asked by the King of the neighbouring country to go into the evil King's territory to sabotage the impending war.

It's not really an issue of leadership actually, the problem lies a lot deeper than that. But yeah. I mean in fantasy world you can pull any bullshit out of your ass, but if you wan't your settings to make at least some kind of sense and be generally relatable, it's a good idea not to completely ignore real-life reality. Speculation is part of world-building, and understanding reality is part of speculation, even if you plan to present an alternate version of it and change it's rules somewhat.

Was thinking that there'd be there death of millions.
Which isn't much of an issue for some. So I want there to be something more cataclysmic as a result. Something that the king is doing that supercedes the trivial actions of man.

A. Yes, maybe matriarchal is a better term.
B. Okay... and?

>The Cosmic Power of the Uterus
I'd say, some feminazi aspects, like women are better than men
men are all evil
men are only keeped looked as spermdonors, and such
sorry if I sound too much like /pol/ now, but I am too much tainted with pol now currently

Perhaps he wants to usurp godhood, or somesuch?

There he goes! He's doing it again! I admire your dedication to try to fuck up this many threads. I'm starting to wonder when you sleep.

You were in every single thread about women warriors this past week. Isn't about time you hung it up?

Defeats the purpose user. It’d work in 40k, but Ladyknights are for noble.

Well, see You asked if a mainly female-diety worshiping culture would not naturally develop a matriarchy. The answer to that - as far as any human real-world experience - is no.
So if you want a justification for matriarchy, you probably will have to come up with a better explanation. In other words, matriarchy is not a logical conclusion of a female-diety centric cult.

Ignore this guy. its perfectly logical, and i doubt any real player would bat an eye.

ok, this wouldn't really work in 40k then (except if you tweak the fluff a bit)
but damn, I came up with an interesting idea now

>lifting for women

now becomes

>worldbuilding for the players

I can get behind this

It's interesting how incredibly insecure and sensitive about this subject you people are. That really isn't very healthy. Get a grip and grow some balls, kids.

Anyone with an elementary school education is actually going to bat a lot more than an eye. Most likely he'll bat the GM.
Look, if you want matriarchy in your settings, go for it. That is not the real issue. However, don't ignore common sense and basic human understanding of social reality. A matriarchy society is probably going to develop pantheon that will largely reflect it's political hierarchies: E.g. it's likely that matriarchy may worship primarily female dieties and place them into dominant positions, much like most (though not all) main dominant and rulling gods in our pantheons are male in image. Ignoring a WHOLE MASS of various issues about intuitive associations and religious patterns in real world religions (which tend to associate in general feminity with chaos and nature, and masculinity with order and culture), it makes a lot of sense for a female dominant culture to imagine their Rulers among Gods to resemble their rulers among men.

However, it's plain fucking silly to claim that the religion will lead to matriarchal society. Anyone with half a fucking brain will actually question that shit.

>large amounts of valuable equipment guarded only by virgin women (also valuable)
hmmmm what would happen

>Get a grip and grow some balls, kids

Except they wouldn't. Just because You would, doesn't mean everyone thinks like you would.

Actually not what I was asking.

I was asking about if other races (orcs, giants, Hobbits etc.) could worship female deities that give blessings and miracles to women (explaining the Ladyknights thing) and if so, if those women would then live in a maternalistic society, but only insomuch as real life society has been paternalistic (women fight, men take care of the House).

See this

Ignore this idiot

Well that really depends on the scope of deities in the universe you're applying this to.

If say that the Gods that apply the blessings and miracles to women are only worshiped by one nation and all others worship gods and goddesses that do not/are egalitarian in their blessings. Then i would say no, it would not.

Really it depends on the pantheon in question. Or if there's even a pantheon.