Things that really grind your gears

>"Pathfinder is just more fun than 5e"

"[system] is objectively worse than [other system] and you're bad for having fun wrong!"

Grapple rules.

I too dislike it when soyboys tell me to stop making off-topic politically-themed shitposts on the elfgames board.

Both of you need to get fucking killed

Why do 5e players get so butthurt about other people liking other games?

Memes in game.
Laptops at the table.
People who want to play tieflings.
People who want to play drow.
People who hate pathfinder but do the same shit in 5e.
People who hate 5e while powergaming in pathfinder.
People who make anime references in games.
People who play "builds"
People who ask to use homebrew in games.
People who whine about playing martials (even in 3.5).

People who try to use my game as their theorycrafting sandbox.

This but unironically. Kind of off topic though, isn't it? Let's stick to the subject and not how liberals ruin anything they get their panrainbowfluidgemder hands on.

Too bad we have all the guns fuccboi.

I hate those people who CANNOT stop minmaxing.

Never being able to have players do crazy Sandwich and Friends, or Noh shit.

kill yourself pedshit

shes in her third year in high school and doesn't even look like a loli.

My local machinist, generally to specifications

>"bro stop taking the game seriously"
>"lmao this is like the movie about the rings n shit"
>"haha I rape the queen xdd"
>"i want to kill the bartender. Why? Dunno, kinda bored"
>"man the game's lore is too long. Im not gonna read it lel"
>"why am i being arrested for killing someone? Its just a game"
>"just turn off your brain man"

People who go on their phones at the table.
People who deliberately derail the story. Especially when they do it for no reason or some reason that doesn't make any sense in character.

You grind my gears

This is a regular thread though with an appropriate OP image. Go channel your autism more positively.

>Whining about anime pictures
>On Veeky Forums

Lesbian PCs. Shit is never good.

>"caster supremacy doesn't exist"
>"caster supremacy exists but it's realistic"
>said by the same person
I thought cognitive dissonance was supposed to create feelings of discomfort in the person experiencing it. I wish I could be as comfortable with it as this douchefuck.

>Discussing things with the DM
>he admits to having trouble with my character concept and backstory
>Tell him without venom I can alter the backstory or re-roll completely before session
>.... [DM-kun is Away]
I've been in enough E-drama as a kid to know that uncertainty plus silence means "I'm ghosting you until I've talked myself into booting you" and I do not need this anxiety

Well, you're the one experiencing it. He isn't.

Oh fuck off

>muh anime imageboard

Veeky Forums wasn't ever really an anime imageboard

Early on, the site was supposed to be an english version of 2chan, and was primarily intended for fans of japanese culture

However, the site wasn't nessisarily for discussing anime, or even japanese culture. It was a general purpose imageboard that was aimed at the type of people who like japanese culture

>5e is confusing because it doesn't have enough rules
>You know those class features you had in my custom system? I made them into feats instead so now you have to pick them up with the feat you get every other level instead of 1 of the 4 points you get every level
>Well it doesn't say I don't get all the skills if I multiclass, how was I supposed to know?
>So in order to be good at using a weapon, you need to have at least 5 ranks in the relevant skill and two feats.

You are never good

>non-human race
>it's tall human/short human/human with animal ears

bruv what is this revisionism, the first two boards were anime/random and anime/general

Either draph dicks are tiny or draph women are bigger on the inside.

>doing a one shot
>everyone is a girl
>everyone is too busy making out like a bunch of schoolgirls at a slumber party instead of doing anything

I don't care if they want to be lesbians but there's a time and a place. Keep it in your pants until then you fucking dogs.

>People drinking past their buzzed limit
>People not eating the dinner I made them
>Using your phone for longer than a couple of minutes

Off the top of my head

Threads made by pedophiles with things that didn't happen in greentext.

It's the post-/pol/ revisionism, they can't have "their" site polluted by being founded on degenerate jap shit.

>Monster blatantly based on the gorgon
>Call it a medusa
Might as well call a vampires draculas or demons satans.

You seem to be fun at parties

>People who go on their phones at the table.
I will murder them with a trowel.

Man, this pisses me off to no end.

When my DM gets so high he has trouble stringing a sentence together.

My suggestion is to look for a GM who is less of a dick. Then again, you use DM as an acronym, so you are a bit of a tool yourself.

>medusa and gorgon are separate monsters

Gorgon is the name of the "species". Medusa was a gorgon, together with her sisters Stheno and Euryale.
The poison bull monster was properly called a Catoblepas.
Then came D&D and arbitrarily decided that a medusa is a snake woman, a gorgon is a Colchis Bull and a catoblepas is a retarded sauropod with a warthog head.

Alternatively, neither.

Grapple rules would be good if the writers knew more about the subject than awkwardly clinching with their skinny friends in middle school.

>he calls Draculas "vampires"

People who just don't take any action. Like, fuck, I don't even care what you do, but combat is supposed to be quick, high-stakes action. You taking 9 minutes to say, "I hold my actions to defend" is fucking annoying. Hit it, cast a spell, cock-slap it for all i care, but just DO something.

>People who go on their phones at the table.

I'm on my phone all the time, usually looking up rules on the SRD. Now people who are on Facebook and not paying attention, that I can understand.

Mill decks.

>People who make anime references in games.
>gm and I make low key references to Slayers, Lodoss Wars, Rurouni Kenshin, Orphen, and Escaflowne because we both love them
Get bent.

One of the house rules in one of the games I'm in is the 10-second rule. If you don't take an action within 10 seconds, you forfeit your turn.

Show them pic related, to me it did the trick

whats wrong with the dinner?

It is

>Serious moment of character development for one player
>Another player cuts in with a joke

>People drinking past their buzzed limit
I’m really sorry about this. I promise I won’t do it again

I just feel bad about eating other people’s food. Especially since I’m too poor to buy people stuff very often

>Using your phone for longer than a couple of minutes
This is a bad habit I need to rectify. I’ll try not to do it again

holy fuck kill yourself you beta bitch

Actually, draph females have a second "fake" vagina hidden inbetween their breasts. This is why they all have such huge tits, to keep that vagina hidden and protected.

The males fuck the cleavage -which is always lubricated, even when they're not aroused- and when they're about to cum they simply bury the cockhead as deep in it as they can.

>This is an LGBT, SJW-friendly game and people of those are welcome
What the fuck does this even mean? Why even put it out there? Are you expecting like, a gay person to show up and the whole party of players and DM suddenly goes "OH FUCK A FAG WE DON'T PLAY WITH FAGS!"? It's like the dumbest shit I ever see when I read an advertisement for a game and someone puts this up as a feature of the group.

>that faggot who just really wants to break the game and plays for combat
Yeah man, the DM gave us one free feat so obviously I'm going to play a Human Variant with Polearm Mastery and Heavy Armor Master and once I reach level 4 I'm going to grab Great Weapon Mastery. Also in another game I played a Hexblade with a SAD Cha dump who also happens to be a Paladin multiclass that smites shit with holy powers even though my character got pact features like Devil's Sight where I cast Darkness on myself and enemies can't even touch me because they can't see in the darkness. Next game I'm thinking of Druid and summoning faeries where they can turn the entire party in to T-rexes

>D&D in future sci-fi setting
Why. Just why. Go play Shadowrun or Starfinder or some shit.

>hey user, let's form a party and go on adventures. hopefully our goals align
>well uhh I'm a loner, brooding character and I absolutely have no interest in joining up with any of you, but I'll do it because I have nothing better to do. btw in future social interactions I'm going to sit in the corner and smoke my pipe because that's what my loner character does.

Is that mfking Tomie?

Said people were not raised right, this is common respectfulness

You wanna know why I didn't eat your dinner motherfucker? It's because your dinner was a sick joke. You don't make a pizza crust out of fucking Bisquick and spaghetti sauce isn't the same thing as pizza sauce. A fucking pancake with spaghetti sauce on it isn't a pizza you weirdo.

>complaining about minmaxing in D&D
You only have yourself to blame for your plights.

You sir/madam, are a scholar and man of culture!

>sir/madam
Fuck you.

*slow claps*

*suck my dick*

It has something to do with people flipping the fuck out over Pepes. People thinking, "Now that we won a victory over frogposting, let's destroy the real enemy!" or, "They took away my pepes, now I'll take away [their] anime!" I'm not sure which, but it follows the frogpost trigger pattern.

>people who play chaotic neutral and then act like jackasses

>Paladins who say they're lawful good, but act like vile people who kill and betray others because they can, because "I'm lawful good, therefore me doing this thing in the name of good is good."

>people who derail the story by willingly and continuously shitting on NPCs because their character is simply a fucking retard and "I can't help if my character is a fucking retard."

>Players who play characters who are honest to the point of transparency. To the point where you are forced to keep a secret from an NPC and that character comes up and reveals the secret with a :3 face

I'm new to playing D&D by a few months, but even I'm fucking sick of this shit. I don't think I have it quite as bad as most people here with their "That Guy" stories, but I definitely have considered killing one party member who kept beating up on a kid NPC we were trying to interrogate, and another for jokingly-but-not-so-jokingly saying they wanted to release the big bad witch that was being imprisoned in Area 51 fantasy prison. I don't mean to put too much stock in alignments, but even though I'm supposed to be neutral good, if a teammate thought it was a good idea to act like a jackass ingame "because I'm bored," I'm going to kill them.

How?

Your group sounds terrible

Maybe you should try to find a better group

It's only the two, and our group is large enough where we rotate teams when the next "batch" of quests comes up. Thankfully we're done with ours and i won't have to interact with their characters again for at least some time.

I suppose I wouldn't outright kill them as a first kneejerk response as opposed to just PvP them if they act out of line. I had to use an incapacitating spell on one of them one time when they were trying to act without consulting the rest of the group on their actions. Sometimes that's all you need to do. But other times, if it really comes to it, sometimes you just have to stab the cunt.

The true answer is D&D alignment is both total pants as well as total balls.

The complex answer is that neutral good is the Ends Justify the Means alignment. They act for the end goal; sacrificing a kid to acheive a greater good is fine. Lawful is more about maintaining the status quo; beating a kid will corrupt you, even if it achieves the right outcome. Chaos is more about the here and now being all that matters because anything could happen in the future; beating this kid is only one way to solve the problem, you don't necessarily have to take that route.

I understand what you're saying, however I didn't quite word it correctly.
See, the character beating up on a kid, and us trying to get an answer from him, were two separate things.
The character was not beating up the NPC because we were interrogating him, but for a different reason altogether.

They were, but that doesn't mean that the site was intended to be an anime website

It's really hard to explain to someone who didn't come to Veeky Forums from SA

Veeky Forums had anime boards, yes, but being an anime site wasn't really the goal

It was intended to allow english speakers to experience 2chan

Patently wrong, /pol/ views anime as more traditional and pure with strong male characters and heroic archetypes when compared to (((Hollywood))) filth.

ANIME TITTIES WHAT DO threads

But nobody won against frogposting, the meme just became more specialized.

>Vile people

Please don't be one of those "you can't be good if you're anything but a rainbow progressive" faggots. Hopefully I'm wrong but this post smacks of it.

>having fun wrong
I hate weak links that get the party killed by dying

Why?

>t. Paidrone who doesn't even know what the actual cancer choices are in his own system.
Fine, I'll just play a Human Wizard and rape your campaign then

All seriousness though, I get if someone isn't hungry or isn't very hungry, it's fine, we play late and if you ate at home already that's fine.

Just, ya know, don't stack your fuckin' plate with the food I spent an hour and a half on and let 99.9999999% of the food you left on the plate go cold, forcing me to scrape off the remains.

I don't care about human wizards. At least they aren't snowflake freaks.
Also please explain how you will "rape" my campaign.

Well almost a full day has passed since my post. No reply yet. Another player tells me this is normal. I remain on-edge. Also what in the fuck. You gonna tell me DM is "Reddit language" now?

its that DM is an exclusive d&d term, and if you spend enough time on this board you'll notice d&d is rather controversial.

The penis of a Gorilla is only between 1-2 inches long. A chimpanzee's penis is between 3-7 inches long.

Oh, that's all. Then sure, call me a tool because I'm not going to pander to the grognard sensibility. D/GM are in my mind interchangeable terms

Had a DM in high school that was bad about this. Got high and started a game with, "Okay you guys are on a quest to like, get a magic hammer that can forge magic items, man!" followed by talking about how cool weed was for ten or twenty minutes before I lost interest.

I really hate it when a player deliberately misinterprets a rule among many other misinterpreted rules the whole game and then accusses you of rules lawyering and comes back next week to misinterpret the same rules don't do this please.

People who scream about "snowflake" characters. If you don't want people to play a Tiefling or a Drow or whatever then run a game that doesn't have them, because the target audience of the one you've chosen to run is people who think those things are cool.

People who kneejerk about magical realm stuff. I'm not about to have a wank at the table just because some N/PC is wearing boobplate or showing off some skin. I'm an adult who can control myself in public.

The other gorgons were nothing like medusa. They didn't have snake hair nor a petrifying gaze.
Calling something a Gorgon would simply mean she's an immortal minor goddess, one of them being cursed to be very ugly and impossible to watch by anyone.

Hey, fuck you. I'm dollar-poor but creatively rich. And it's the spices, cheeses, and toppings that make a pizza out of a pancake with spaghetti sauce.

DMs who take away player agency because they apparently know your character better than you

Do you find this happening to you a lot, person who just posted a magical realm fetish picture? Everybody else must be crazy.

>>/reddit/
>>/neogaf/

Exact same image name?

Same reasons 4e players did - it kills their fanbase and reduces money to their game, which eventually kills their game.

>Player who also is a DAM
>They only run premade campaigns
>They shit on people's Homebrews as if they're a master of world building

Believe it or not its never happened to me because I am an adult capable of moderating myself. But I see so many people here who catch the autism and suddenly can't function as soon as they see something that looks vaguely like a woman. But nobody bats an eye when the barbarian is wearing nothing but a loincloth and the bard is actively attempting to seduce everything sentient.