Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Tell me about your character's true love.

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1CcryN61L70c90srG6OEUgGjyawoeKIxNVsDxsr1Swbs/edit
forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Heralds_of_Faerûn
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/shifter/archetypes/oozemorph-shifter-archetype/
youtube.com/watch?v=kx4i4CfGAMI
youtube.com/watch?v=p8UqJKY_HVU
youtube.com/watch?v=RVkcmx2l3WA
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100370/skyfall
youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Asking again here

It has been awhile since Ultimate Wilderness released. Has anyone made a written guide for the Shifter class yet?

inb4 best way to play Shifter is to not play Shifter

Is there much in the way of save or die/save or suck effects in Psionics? What about Spheres of Power? How do they compare to 1PP magic in this specific regard? We're all starting to get tired of single spells just completely shutting someone down and locking them out of a fight in my group.

Dump WIS as a Druid.

Confirmed, druid with 9 wis is better than a shifter in just about every way.

Pathfinder has too many snakemen, so I'm getting rid of all but one for my setting. The question is, who stays? Nagaji, Vishkanyas, Ophiduans or something else? Which is your favorite?

Take two levels in oozemorph shifter, fall and go play a chained rogue
Grats, you're now better than vanilla both

None of these have any flavor that makes them stand out compared to each other in my mind, so they might as well all be the same thing to me.

I did play a vishkanya once though so I guess that gets my vote.

What's the best shifter multiclass build? What's the best race for these kinds of shenanigans?
Oozemorph 2/Unchained Rogue 3/???

Childhood sweetheart from the rundown city he called home. She recently went missing and he's worried sick about her. However, he's in no position to go looking for her.

what's the benefit of ooze-morph. like, at all? Except for being meme-y?

So I am going to guess that is a no to a written guide. The only reason I ask is because in a bubble, a guide shows which options are good or bad for the class and how to make the best build for the class as possible and if there are variant builds. Compared to everything else the shifter is shit. But from what I remember, the kineticist is also shit but there are guides to make the best of a bad situation.

I think there was more interest in the Kineticist both because of Avatar fans and because it at least did something new. Shifter is just a worse version of multiple things that already exist.

There were rumors that Paizo was gonna make a hotfix/errata for the shifter. Did anything come out of that?

I've been playing 2 beastsoul monk + X bushi stalker for quite a while now and was pretty excited to have some 1pp support with shifter, but I don't think anything in this hobby (including players) has disappointed me as much as shifter.

Yeah, they nerfed it. Seriously.

They nerfed Shifter's Edge

Compression, stackable natural attacks with interchangeable damage type, speak with oozes kinda-SLA-but-Ex-instead-of-Su, high DR for only 2 levels of dip

It should be noted that any DM with half a brain will veto all the shit claims you'll get. This is a reddit meme, guys, let's not sink to that level of RAWtism.

I mean, it's DR/slashing, isn't it? I think like 90% of the physical things I fight against in our games deals slashing damage. Speak with oozes also seems hella situational.

I'll fold on the natural attacks though. Compression can be flavourful too.

Alright, what do you folk drink when you are making your pcs or crafting a campaign?
I prefer the english bitter or winter ale from my local craft brewery, or a good gin, such as the Hendricks I'm sipping on right now.

Water.

The tears of my players.

Nothing wrong with that, user.
Do you have a local spring, bottle, or tap?
>Hard as Iron comes up on my playlist, time to bring in some golems

What happened to that user hinting he was going to run a lewd game?

Hell, when is Vult going to run another game?

>Hell, when is Vult going to run another game?
After PLD broke up a few months back his heart really hasn't been in it at all.

The last character I made, I made under the influence of cinnamon-infused tequila after ripping my Path of Exile hc character, if that counts.

The best thing to get drunk on.
Currently, half the party is about to be arrested for murder. They will be mad as fuck, and it will be their reward for wandering into the woods and killing a fake necromancer everyone told them to leave alone.

>cinnamon-infused tequila
You have my interest, user, what was it like?
Got a name?

Jose Queervo

I did my guide because I liked the concept of the kineticist, plus it was a nice place to do reviews for my content.

There's someone who did a really basic guide to the shifter, here it is:

docs.google.com/document/d/1CcryN61L70c90srG6OEUgGjyawoeKIxNVsDxsr1Swbs/edit

Hopefully once it comes out, someone will do a guide for the legendary shifter.

His true love is himself.

And he believes that everyone's true, first love should be themselves.

I mean, you can also not fall and still keep all the things i listed, so you can shove your argument up your ass since this is exactly what the book says you get
It's still a good amount, but yeah, YMMV

Yuan-ti

This isn't true though.

The princess of the kingdom they serve. Perhaps with enough great deeds, they'll one day be worthy of her love.

Thanks Jolly, what have you been up to?

Me and Jose have an odd history, I'll give it a look.

Do they have good wingmen to aid them in their quest?

>I mean, you can also not fall and still keep all the things i listed, so you can shove your argument up your ass since this is exactly what the book says you get
Sorry, I jumped the gun and assumed that you were pushing the idiocy of the oozemorph shifter 2 and then fall meme.

I don't drink. Too many bad stories about drunks in my family

I've been working on the Leg Shifter, looking around for new projects, finishing up other misc stuff, and trying to find as much info as I can to possibly publish something myself of larger scope.

I drink whatever is available. Rum, whiskey, vodka, tequila...as long as it gives me a buzz.

This shit. As said it sounds gay as fuck, but literally everyone I know loves it and whenever I bring it to parties people want it like crack cocaine.

It basically tastes mostly like cinnamon, that's all there is to it, really.

>tfw only good member of an entirely evil party
>tfw the party conspire to get rid of me
>they don't know I not only heard them but have been eavesdropping for a long time (my animal companion understands language and they spoke in front of it)
>they plan on having me die in an accident
>plan on turning on them when they try and kill me
>tell GM about this on how it will be a cool moment/boss fight with me as the enemy
>the moment comes, they're about to betray me
>I reveal I know everything and turn on them first
>kill the sorcerer with my initial full attack before he can get away or disable me
>turns into 2 v 1
>manage to best all three of them
>didn't even kill them, just knocked them out
>tie them up and wake them up
>tell them this is what happens when they seek to snuff out good
>the asmodean inquisitor prays
>tell him not to pray to any god other than me

So how did your guy's last session go? Also any advice on where to go from here? Also a reminder to never tell anyone your horse can talk.

Fuck off, Slow.

My character fucked around with a lewd deck of many things and was transformed into a kitsune. I shit you not.

>>tfw only good member of an entirely evil party
Shit group. Why the fuck do people allow this.

I was thinking about converting them for Pathfinder, maybe also with an option for Shulassakar or however you spell it (Eberron's feathered, Couatl-like Yuan-ti) as a playable race.

One of my players wants to combine the Sworn Protector and Ordained Defender archetypes for Warder from Path of War. the only thing that prevents them is replacing bonus feats at level 3. Would it be reasonable to have him forgo his 3rd level feat to let him combine the two?

I don't agree, but you are your own man, do what is best for you, user.
Have a care, broski, the drink can cut you badly. I fell into that hole, and god bless, climbed out of it.
So it's like fireball?
user, kill them.
It may be a douchebag thing to do, but they started the fight, they had the blessed choice to be above the petty shit. They asked for this path, now walk them to the end and pray for their souls.
Tut tut, user.

>No should will fault you for dumping Int.
Heh.

Exactly this. This is the very reason I ban all good alignments at my table.

Is a feat for +1 attack/damage worthwhile from an optimizing pov?

Just kill them. Time to reroll as good guys.

Probably not, unless you really don't have anything better to spend a feat on. Maybe if you're playing something like a Rogue that has trouble keeping up on attack bonuses.

Well it's better than Weapon Focus at least.

Because they fight back when the party tries to kill them off?

that's a cute toobs

>so it's like fireball?

Probably yeah, never had fireball but it sounds like it's the same, just with whiskey instead of tequila.

A lot of people pick weapon focus at some point. This is essentially weapon focus++.

So yeah, good but boring feat.

I don't really have anything better, it's a floating feat that doesn't tie into any chains.

It is actually quite true, and quite a heartbreaking tale. You see the players ended up in a fight that seemed unwinnable yet again, but out of nowhere Glorianna's puppies appeared and vanquished the manticore. The players stood slackjawed as this had never happened before. Instead the light in the area increased until it was bright as day for the first time ever in this realm. Stood before the characters was Vult himself. The pasty white, lumpy DM stood before them completely bare, at the players' every whim. They knew not what to say or do, and instead choose to walk off into the distance, logging off one at a time never to return until all that remained was Vult: vulnerable and exposed for the first time ever and left completely alone. Just a sad, weeping pile of manchild. The players have never returned and Vult has grown listless, not even having the energy to raise a finger to decry those who speak ill of him.

No, this dungeon is just fucking Namek

Falling in love is the reason he cannot go home. He won't make that mistake again.

I'll admit. I chuckled.

/pgg/, what are your experiences with Veeky Forums players? Veeky Forums GMs?

Can you share some of your best and worst ones with us?

People pick Weapon Focus because it's a gateway feat for more interesting things, not for the +1 itself.

They're people, it's a mixed bag, saying otherwise is dumb

Strangely enough, I've had better experiences with Veeky Forums players than other online groups.

>playing with group from Gamefinder
>we're level 6
>This Guy is playing a Warder
>we encounter like 15 enemies with guns
>they all focus fire on the Warder
>Warder uses an ability that negates all damage that round
>only way he could've possibly survived that firing squad
>GM loses her shit, immediately ends the campaign and bans all 3pp forevermore

Another one:
>join Iron Gods campaign, again from Gamefinder
>make character I'm excited to play
>half-giant Zealot who was raised by halflings
>first couple sessions go great
>suddenly GM tells us something something about his job and he won't be able to run anymore
If you can't commit to running a game why did you decide to run one?

I'm in yet another game from Veeky Forums now, but I don't want to talk shit in case the GM/other players see it.

>Extended Defense: Upon reaching 5th level, the warder becomes ever more skilled at adapting to the flow of combat. Once per day, the warder may activate Extended Defense as an immediate action. When she does, the character chooses a counter she has readied; she may initiate that counter as a free action (even on another’s turn) at will until the beginning of her next turn. At the beginning of her next turn, the chosen counter is expended.

It's essentially just an opposed roll to avoid, I've had warders use it in my game and it's really not that bad; just have the others attackers realize the warder is doing whatever and shoot someone else. He can't do it more than once a day for a single round (at that level).

But PoW in an otherwise no PoW party/setting can definitely be shitty.

A Vigilant of the High Heralds of Faerun.

>forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Heralds_of_Faerûn

It only sounds impressive. She volunteers to observe heraldry around the Old Empires and report it. Other than that, she works in the same adventuring band as my character. Dates include going to high society parties to check heraldry, crashing funerals to check heraldry, and discovering new artistic talent first. She sometimes helps break into crypts to check their heraldry. It's serious business.

Mulan human (female) Battle Scion (Skald).

>But PoW in an otherwise no PoW party/setting can definitely be shitty.
It wasn't, I was playing a Harbinger and I think the other PCs were a Warlord and an Oracle.

/that/ DM then I guess.

Overall I'm actually not a huge fan of most counters anymore. You usually have enough AC to only get hit on a high roll, and then you need to beat that high roll yourself with an equally high roll; it's like a 25% or less chance to avoid damage. I personally stopped using opposed counters on my chars because it never really seemed to work out.

Why do you need to fall? Am I missing something? Can't you just multiclass and not give a fuck?

Something about having all of the benefits of a shifter without a lot of the drawbacks by falling.

>d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/shifter/archetypes/oozemorph-shifter-archetype/
Falling makes you lose all SU and SP class abilities, while retaining EX ones. The only Ex ability the oozemorph archetype grants you is "Being stuck as an ooze unless you pass fort checks every hour", so if you fall you get to keep everything while still being humanoid

Currection, the only Supernatural ability granted is the shitty one, not the other way around

Oh lordy, that's so dumb. Someone at pathfinder wasn't proofreading. I think any sane DM is gonna say "fuck you, you lose all your stupid ooze shit"

Otherwise, what, you're an ordinary human that can spontaneously grow tentacles and compress yourself?

No, I’m an (Ex)tordinary human who can.

Made me chuckle, but also fuck you.

I have to admit, for all the shit that shifter gets (and rightfully so) for being garbage, I kinda wanna play an oozemorph straight up. At low levels it seems kinda cancerous since you can't wear anything while you're in your stupid blobform, but it seems so silly and ridiculous that it might actually be fun.

My familiar died to a x4 crit that had my name on it. Also we lost big money when our bounty mark teleported away. But it's okay, because the Bloodrager got one hit on him before that, and I took a blood sample off his weapon after that to keep handy for later scry & fry.

>lewd deck of many things

What else is in the deck? How did you guys even get it? Why have so many people been talking about Decks of Many Things lately?

One thing you might want to consider asking your DM is if you can gain the benefits of ABP while playing an Oozemorph shifter, if you are literally incapable of carrying any items anyway, why not at least not be complete garbage while you're at it?

The deck in question was found in the bottom of some pit along with some other items.

Also, this isn't the first time I've messed with a deck of many things. It's pretty much tradition with one of my other groups.

I need your best final boss battle music, /pgg/.

>So how did your guy's last session go?
Sessions have been getting cancelled for so long that it's hard to remember, but I think we just fought some wyverns and manticores. One of the other players wants to run Black Crusade when this campaign ends, and I wish the GM would just get on with it so we could move on to that.

youtube.com/watch?v=kx4i4CfGAMI

Finished up the last part of Vengeance Book 2, we lost two party members, my Necromancer lost all of his skelemens except for like, two (including his Corpse Companion as an Undead Lord), and we were all about one hit away each from dying to Oppian when the DM made him go all "this isn't even my final form" after dropping him off the tower and resurrecting as an archon with stats like the one you killed earlier.

It was INTENSE, all things considered, but the real treat was all of the RP we did after winning and describing what we did in the intervening month between books 2 and 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=p8UqJKY_HVU

Say what you will about FF8 but The Extreme is pretty awesome:
youtube.com/watch?v=RVkcmx2l3WA

Hey, look! A new lewd game is recruiting!

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100370/skyfall

Would Narrow Frame on a horse allow me to ride it into caves, or would I need the 3.5 feat Tunnel Riding for that?

>ocean's
told me everything I needed to know

youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0

Same party, got it at the bottom of the pit in front of the Trial of the Starstone. It wasn't an entirely lewd one; the GM cut together a standard deck with a Deck of Transformation and a lot of characters just got kinda fortunate with rolls.

We've got 7 wishes between two party members now. They're both kinda freaking out at the responsibility.

But user, he's not the final boss.

Shifters and their archetypes are functionally an NPC class; in that they can make for a memorable encounter but they're weak enough that you wouldn't want a player to be using them.

I want to like the oozemorph because it's actually pretty okay at levels 1-6 (especially with it being relatively strong against ranged attacks), but there's so many fucking things wrong with it by RAW, and the cap on the number of natural attacks you get makes it a poor dip outside of early levels.

Ditto.