Rivals of Ixalan Story

As you may know, RIX's story will be determined by fans, through online polls and geocaching. Whichever faction gets the most miles and the most votes will win the Golden City. Wizard's twitter is doing the first of many votes.

twitter.com/wizards_magic

But there's something fuckey. Just this Saturday, the geocaching website had these numbers for each faction.

Dinos: 5,507 miles
Pirates: 8,732 miles
Merfolk: 25,099 miles
Vampires: 50,750 miles

Compare that to the newest posting. geocaching.com/promotions/promo/magic/

Vampires and merfolk somehow lost miles while pirates jumped ahead an insane amount. I'm smelling some corporate sabotage; so how about we push for vamps on twitter?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-storyline/778130-ixalan-general-discussion?page=63
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No goy, people just LURV them pirates!!!

I really want Vampires to win. They're by far the best faction.

I only have you word as to the numbers from the other day. You could easily be trying to push an agenda, something that is infesting the Magic community right now. Please provide some kind of factual data that proves your point has merit so that we can have an educated discussion as to how to proceed. Otherwise, I will assume you're pushing an anti-WotC agenda and ignore you accordingly.

Sorry user, I didn't screenshot the page. I can't blame you for being suspicious, given how much /pol/ infests this board, as proven by The only other proof I got beyond my numbers is from MTGSalvation, the guys there noticed it too.

mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-storyline/778130-ixalan-general-discussion?page=63

I'm more pissy that the merfolk got neutered so much, they were my back up plans if vamps didn't win.

>I-it's /pol/!!
No, it's playing since at least nu-phyrexia since the same happened there.

Mirrodin Pure was a possible name for the set to keep the conflict from being spoiled, it was never going to be an actual event. They never promised players would have any influence on it, that was just assumed by the audience.

Rivals is easier on them since they don't actually have to worry about the logistics of the aftermath until the return set.

Again, I can ensure you pirates will "win" probably by cheating, everyone seen it from a mile away.

As much as I like Dinosaurs the most interesting faction is the Vampires. And pirates are the least interesting, and honestly suck the most and never should have been.

I can see why they'd do it: pirates have no city beyond High and Dry, while the Sun Empire has multiple cities, Vamps have an entire continent, and Merfolk are nomadic anyways.

I just don't see the point in having the competition in the first place if they're just gonna try and rig it anyways. At that point just do it like New Phyrexia; encourage players to pick a faction, but don't let them think they can actually influence things.

The Sun Empire is fucking amazing visually, I love their armor designs.

I just don't get what people like about vamps, their lore seems very boring to me.( still better then pirates, but that's not worth much)

Atleast so far it looks like the pirates are beings outmemed by dinos. while not the best timeline, i do believe we still have a chance of making things nicer by bucking the trend theyre trying to push.

For me, it's the fact they view vampirism as a curse, a necessary sacrifice to aid them in their search for the Immortal Sun. That, and other minor details, like how they use undead shades to cover their giant cathedral ships in darkness to hide for enemies, the fact they have giant cathedral ships, and how they crossbreed their horses with demons to create war mounts.

Is that what the poll on twitter shows? I don't have an account so I can't see it.

Yeah, please post screenshot for the non normies.

>/pol/ infests
You mistyped improves

The trips of truth.

Fuck the filthy natives and scumbag pirates. Long live the glorious church and state.

No honey, pirates are epic for the win, so pirates will win :)

Go back to stealing fish herpes and plundering dinosaur anus you godless pirate whore.

Fuck off shill.

>/pol/ improves
You mistyped compleats

>no option to vote for Bolas
This is the biggest travesty.

Mhm no sweetie.
>Vamps
nazi fashies also spanish which is a no-no.
>Dinos
Dinos are epic, I'll admit to them for quite for teh win, but the humies are like super fashy nationalists, it's ok since they're kinda brown tho
>Pirates
Epic, just like, for teh win! they have le epic old lady too!
>merfolk
We need a UG colors for reasons.

>Vote
>Bolas
?
Gods aren't voted into power.

Disregard obvious cocksucker

>fashy

Congratulations this word just made my list of words that anger me
Beyond reason. Choke on a long hard turd.

And said twice, no less. Prog brainlets never know when to stop.

Even though I know you are roleplaying your post still angers me.

>pirates suddenly jump to 35,000

There’s clearly some tampering going on here.

Vampire should win. The fans want them to win.

But they won’t, because Magic stopped caring about their fans a long time ago.

>pirates jumped ahead an insane amount
Who would've thought? It's not like Creative's bias is fucking ridiculous.

You are the agenda. And we notice.

>Someone asks for evidence
>Immediately call him a shill and someone with an agenda

Sure is Tumblr in here. Don't you have call out posts to be reblogging?

>I just don't see the point in having the competition in the first place if they're just gonna try and rig it anyways.
You're not experienced with marketing and PR people. WotC wants the brand to lean some way and they will make it lean that way, and they will modify any market data and consummer feedback they get to fit that direction all the time claiming it was the people who asked for the New Coke.

Marketing firms are not contracted to educate stockholders about their brand and how to improve it, we're contracted by executives to masquerade research so that it makes it seem what the executive wants is the only way for the brand to grow even if it's completely opposite to the truth.

This competition has three victories and a coup, anyone else can win so long as Pirates lose.

I would concede the possibility that normies are just that retarded if it wasn't because as pointed above by OP and MTGS, Vampires LOST miles after being heads and shoulders ahead, which clearly indicates tampering.

>which clearly indicates tampering.
t.brainlet

>Competitive pedometry
>The "villains" mysteriously lose miles after they were winning by far
Sounds legit.

Bolas wins regardless, he's getting the Sun thanks to Tezzeret.

The number tampering is immortalized in the MTGSalvation post, wouldn't the fact that the company is rigging it hurt their PR?

>vamps
>villains
Aren't they just getting back their shit?

>The number tampering is immortalized in the MTGSalvation post, wouldn't the fact that the company is rigging it hurt their PR?
Wouldn't be the first time WotC soves their whole damn leg down their mouth and then pretends everything is normal. It took at least three social media crucifictions for Helene Bergeot to finally be fired.

Who?

Are you actually autistic irl or you just cannot tell parody from reality?

compared to the progressive pirates they are def vamp villains. Also the tampering is obvious, go to mtgsalvation as that guy posted, if it was a lie someone would've called it already.

But the pirates are LITERAL robbers and murderers.
At least make the sun empire the good goyim.

Who?

yeah, but pirates have strong women.

>But the pirates are LITERAL robbers and murderers.
Never understood fascination with pirates, not even as a kid, though I suppose naval battles are always interesting, but I would rather root for the navy then some stinking bilge rats.

How it's a parody if it's inconsistent as fuck.
>Calling fashy
>Spanish no, no
>Sweety
>ok since they're kinda brown
Unless you mean crappy parody. Then it sucks for a whole other reasons.

>not grasping the levels of parody it is on

>Hurt their PR

Why? They essentially have the same relationship to their fans as crack dealers have to their junkies. The Judge Program literally has convicted child molesters working for them.

They could start executing people and their fans will still support them because they NEED that cardboard crack even if it’s printed on flimsy shit.

There have been signs that ever since Battle for Zendikar, their market presence hasn't been growing as much as it has been before.

I wouldn't be surprised if its stagnating in the States, or if they're being propped up by mostly whales by now.

Former Organized Play director, marketing manager and PR disaster.

Mexicans aren't PC compliant so they don't count as people of color, just like asians.

They're propped up by a base that's totally, utterly whipped into subservience.

They will never die. Magic is probably going to shrink but it'll continue to be them sticking their foot in the face of fans and the fans paying to kiss it. It's going to be like that for decades.

There will be no revival. There will be no course correction. This is Magic, now and onto forever.

They are evil white invaders who are stealing from the natives and want to colonise their land.

I'm not really exaggerating that either. The lore for this set is fucking stupid. Don't even get me started on the mary-sue Pirate Captain lady.

Too complex for me.

>Creative doesn't give a fuck about the Vamps
>make Vona, the mustache twirling evil dick, the POV character for vampires instead of Mavren Fein
>Vampires still end up the most interesting of the Ixalan factions
>Vampirism in their culture can be compared to Christianity with the whole "We are ashamed of our natural biological urges but we will sacrifice our humanity for queen, country and church" angle
>can also make the comparison of real life conquistadors being like vampires for what they did to the new world

I really want them to win but I know Wizards will never allow it

You're probably right but they did let the phyrexians win.

>conquistadors being like vampires for what they did to the new world
Stoping human sacrifices?

I was curious because of all the vampires conspiracy posters if reddit was in a reverse state, hating on vampires for being evil conquistadores, it seems the general perception of them is neutral to normal villains. (also fun fact i saw some peopel saying they wanted pirates, but dinos would win because of randumb dino lovers) It seems to me vamps could safely win and wizzies has no reason to fudge the poll for perception purposes.

>RIX's story will be determined by fans, through online polls and geocaching
This can't be real. The public NEVER knows what it's best.

That being said non-whites vampires must win just to spite wotc.

Someone give me the tl;dr of the Ixalan storyline, I haven't read anything.

Also, bringing culture, technology, our lord and savior Jesus Christ, stopping canibalism and defective children living burials.
t.Dirty Latin American

I want the sun, for queen, church and country!
t. Vamps
I want the sun for dino, gods and empire!
t. Sun empire
I want to acquire the sun to ensure our survival.
t. Merfolk
BIX NOOD ME WANTS DE SHINNY THINGY
t. Pirates

I liked you better when you were constantly posting in Numenera threads about how Monte Cook ate a penis.

I want jace dick
t. Vraska

The Sun wasnt theres it was Azor's they just cargo cultted it.

They also commited genocide acroos the whole old worlds. Orcs are nearly extinct.

>implying sun empire doesn’t have strong women like Huatli.

Mexicans don't count.

Killing Orcs is like killing Pirates. They are a bunch of thieves, murders, and rapists. Killing them is a good thing.

it's all rigged by wotc anyway, they just give fans the illusion of choice. Truth is

Jace: 0 miles

case closed.

This shit is fixed as fuck, they stole miles from Vampires and Merfolk again.

>A bunch of things in Niggertina where nobody plays.
>None in Mexico that has 32 LGS in a single city.
Genius, WotC.