Who's the coolest big conqueror to base an NPC on?

Who's the coolest big conqueror to base an NPC on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J7GY1Xg6X20
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Genghis Khan

Charlie Chaplin

Marcus Aurelius

Agreed

She's really grown on me since she's one of my only two SSRs.

Fatefags are fucking cancer

Alexander III of Macedon.
(Alexander the Great)

Diogenes was better desu

THE coolest? In what way?
Bloodiest? Noblest? Bravest?

I'm in.

youtube.com/watch?v=J7GY1Xg6X20

Charles XII. He lived and ultimately died on the front lines in a bid to make his kingdom great.

saladin or if you ask me.

yurop dirt babies taking each other's clay isn't really as interesting and the only one with anything cool about them is that alexander the great liked to fuck homies to keep military bonds strong.

Isabel I the catholic> Saladin "moro mierda"

This. Absolutely. Remember, the moustache is essential.

The good (Pig) Iron Head wasn't much of a conqieror - he set off to defend his realm, not to enlarge it. But - i think Charles (and Peter) would be fun to include in a game
Was there a better pair of rivals?..

To expand on that

One was a military man through and through - another was jack of all trades (shipwright, drummer, dentist, carpenter)
One was small - another a veritable giant
One lived Spartan way, without excess - another, while sharing discomfort with soldiers on campaign, was big on eating and drinking, even making it mandatory during assemblies
One had best education possible - another was taught by a drunk and some random foreigners
One's best support was his sister (ok, that may be a stretch) - another's sister was his most dangerous rival pfor power
One was asexual - another had wife andmistresses, eventually marrying for a second time to a hand-down camp follower without any ancestry
One was steadfastly brave - another prone to bouts of panic
One was all serious all the time - another turned life around him into a kind of theatrical performance

that can probably be expanded

One of the Chinese conquerors, like Qin Shi Huang

Genghis horde was terrifying and is perfect as a menace from a far land. I even played a game where I was one of a orc warlord bodyguard, and betrayed my party to fight for him once more.

This guy.

Fpbp

/thread

>TFW you'll never love in a barrel and jerk off in public all day
>"Get out of my sun desu"

>a whole coalition of countries entirely surrounding Sweden all join forces and attack since they see the king is young and inexperienced
>15 yo holds them off with his armies
>continues to push back for 20 fucking years
>his entire life was devoted to war

You mean purely in behavior? Any of them would do honestly. In terms of making them a larger-than-life figure in your campaign including the setting I'd rank them as follows.

>Top Tier
Big Charlie. He has the advantage of being a medieval figure and the guy who more or less defined feudalism. He's the big daddy of the game.

>Great Tier
GAIUS. JULIUS. CAESAR. Opportunistic conquering politician, what's not to like? He might be a war criminal but you know what you say, you can't make an omelette without genociding a few tribes.

Big Alex. Nibba wanted to conquer the known world and was worshipped a a god even in his lifteime. Pretty intredasting potential if you want to play a paladin who literally worships him.

>Good Tier
Suleiman and Genghis are pretty okay here, there's some interesting things you can do here.

>Bad Tier
Napoopan. Top tier lad, but his time period is just very boring in terms of fantasy. It doesn't have the romance associated with chivalry and swordfighting, yet this is also at least a century before gunpowder fighting gets "cool" and "interesting" with combined arms, specialized roles, trenches, infiltration et cetera. If you play in Napoleon's France you get to be either cavalry, the guy with the musket, the guy with the musket, the guy with the musket or most interesting of all: the guy with the musket.

Imagine having to adress someone as "Mr. Von Doom" and keep a straight face.