Bright Worldbuilding thread

I’m sick and tired of all the Bright threads that turn out to be 90% /v/ posters leaking their shit into our board, and a few people actually talking about the setting.

So ITT, discuss worldbuilding for the Bright world, things that seem like they could plausibly exist based on what we’ve seen in the movie and promo material

I don’t have much to add because we don’t have enough to do much more then make random shot in the dark guesses, but I will say that you are a brave user for piling the kindling under you and lighting a match with your opening post.

Might as well just post a picture of a bullseye on your back instead of the demographics chart.

>Brezzik
>Panahu

Brezzik are apparently Lizardmen. I hope the next movie features a heroic Brezzik.

I'll dump all of the available race infographs.

This shouldn't be necessary, because there's allegedly a defunct game similar to Shadowrun that the movie was based on to begin with. Good luck trying to find it, by the way, Google doesn't turn up a thing.

The icon for panahu looks like they have mustaches. Or insect eyes and fangs.

Yeah, it never really hit the mainstream.

what was it called?

Literally just play shadowrun in a modern setting.

Bright. Duh.

Shadowrun isn't fun to actually play mechanically.

What the fuck are panahu?

This question, every fucking Bright thread. It doesn't matter if the question is answered. It just keeps on being asked. What are you, some kind of Alzheimer's case?

>Common stereotypes:
>Half-man, half-horse

Wow they're really staking out a daring position here.

In all seriousness, the infographic approach to race info for fantasy settings is a great idea.

>Wow they're really staking out a daring position here.
I might be missing you're point entirely but it's legitimately an in-setting stereotype that centaurs are just half-man and half-horse. Max Landis made replied to someone who said that with something like "Centaurs are actually [insert some kind of species family here that I can't remember, something in Latin], check your species privilege!".

Funnily enough, I can't actually find the reply he made. The post is still up, but the replies he made clarifying things aren't visible. Either they've been deleted or I'm ass at navigating Twitter. Both are entirely possible.

Wow fuck me, I mangled that post.

Cool answer retard

>Bright USA is only 44 % white

Uh-oh.

Elves are überwhites

shoo shoo

I mean why the do you think the sound is as shitty as it is?

Pretty sure they're more like uberjews, but even so, that will only get it to 47%.

Maybe racial differences are flattened though, and "humans" are interchangeable. That would make the existence of the same nations and history as OTL even more confusing, but it would probably narratively suit touching on the fantastical versions of racial tensions Bright touches on.

Sound?

>Maybe racial differences are flattened though, and "humans" are interchangeable.
Maybe, but the Sheriff mentions that Mexicans still get shit for the Alamo and crips are a thing, so who knows. I imagine the other races probably don't care as much about the races with the human race.

>Some Other Race

No, they're typical WASP's, although the difference between them and the Jews may be blurry for the foreigners

>uberjews
Only in a pol memes way, the movie made it pretty clear the Elves were uberwhites, except they were in control the entire time and it wasn’t even some secret conspiracy. Their towns are literally militarized zones gated off from everyone else and it’s widely known that elves have all the power

>the movie made it pretty clear the Elves were uberwhites
To you, maybe.

The elves were jewier jews. They killed the Illuminati.

Just google it for fucks sake.

Jews aren't even really in control of anything, they're just media clowns who keep the plebs distracted and entertained and serve as convenient scapegoats, while the corporations are owned on a share basis by faceless Harvard graduates with zero media presence. But try explaining that to the Euros.

I mean biologically, not socially. I would expect racism and occasional ethnic strife(e.g. mexicans still get shit for the alamo) to still exist, even in a world where people are fundamentally the same.

They certainly aren't the puppet masters pol makes them out to be, but not in control of anything is a stretch.

Is this all there is for info its cool bit sticking the brezzik and panahu files just out of shot is infuriating

Hey, not that user, just a helpful message that you aren't really helpful cause the closest thing that comes up when you google and wiki it is Panama.

Yeah those are it, for now.

There are other screen caps though.