Quality SKYCOIN thread

This is the most ambitious crypto project I've ever seen, nothing can compare in that regard.

I'm going to try and educate you plebs about it. The infrastructure is made of 4 main things:

1. SKYCOIN: A coin that is technically superior to any alt there is. Transactions with zero fees that take approximately two seconds, unlimited transaction rate, no need for miners and block rewards, low power usage, ALL of the bitcoin's technical vulnerabilities fixed, a consensus mechanism superior to anything that exists, resistant to all conceivable threats (government censorship, community infighting, cyber/nuclear/conventional warfare, etc).

- Once coinjoin is implemented and the network is running over skywire, it will have a higher level of privacy than any other coin (more anonymous than zcash/monero and without the overhead). Wannabe drug lords should switch from monero/dash to skycoin after the CXO browser and skywire are available, because all of the ecosystem components are integrated with each other. You could have a decentralized silkroad on skywire and pay seamlessly with the same coin you use to pay for your utilities.

- Numerous peer reviewed whitepapers.

- Skycoin is being developed by legit engineering geniuses, for years (predating Bitcoin’s boom).

- Holding Skycoins generates income in the form of Coin Hours (like NEO’s GAS). There will be a marketplace where Coin Hours are traded and Coin Hours will be used for services within the Skycoin ecosystem.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bounty0x/
youtube.com/watch?v=5NolXWUOalQ
blog.skycoin.net/statement/skycoin-distribution/
discord.gg/uBmDCM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how big is the bag that crashed on you

yes

been a while

mfw when I bought under 1 dollar

2. SKYWIRE: A decentralized ISP where you earn coins for forwarding traffic/bandwidth (like Tor but faster, not backdoored by NSA and you are getting paid to run a node), that will give everyone nearly free internet access and will get a lot of users and actually be useful. Different networking protocol than TCP/IP, designed to be immune from literally all currently known network based attacks.

- Uses public keys instead of IP addresses, with all of the traffic encrypted by default, making man in the middle attacks impossible.
- Nodes forwarding the traffic can only see the previous and next hop, not origin or destination, making it extremely private.
- Latency is superior to TCP/IP because ISPs use hot potato routing, while Skywire doesnt.
- Speed is superior because bandwidth aggregation is possible, making it possible to share the unused bandwidth of your neighbours.
- Immune to ISP control tactics, such as throttling, censorship, outages, etc.
- Designed to be ran on skycoin's own open source hardware infrastructure.
- Works as an overlay over the current internet as of now, but will be completely independant as soon as the network backhaul is in place.
- Incentivized for the first 14 years, you get paid for running a node and transferring packets for the network.

I have a feeling this will follow XRB in enter the top 20 soon.... in 2 months biz will be all over it .

Why is this shitcoin dumping?

Ive been gone all weekend and its my only coin not mooning

Need to start shilling this on reddit, highlight the feeless & instant transactions, and ride raiblock's coattails.

I can count the number of feeless txn coins on one hand and most have already mooned. But no one knows about skycoin and their website is way too technical for the average person to understand.

>people taking profit in a new fiscal year is both horrifying and unpredictable

Nigga Ive been waiting for this since christmas

the new website will launch this month

3. SKYLEDGER: A platform that’s their version of Ethereum’s ERC20, but with Ethereum's technical limitations fixed. Every coin is given their own blockchain and the platform runs on top of the skywire infrastructure. Coins have already started doing ICOs on skyledger (Solarbankers.com, SPACO, etc). About 30 coins lined up so far. There’s a programming language (CX) and it’s not limited to just "smart contracts". Developers of each chain can hardcode whatever they want to do. For example full video games could be embedded on the blockchain, if anyone would want that.

Ethereum is using javascript for front-end. Skycoin is using CX and CX is completely memory sandboxed and uses affordances to box applications and APIs in, so stuff like the parity hack can never happen in skycoin. Skycoin is using affordances and a genode style resource/permission system. So there's an easy way to write security policies - like "the frontend should not be able to access my coins unless something gave it permission to do so". Where as ethereum cannot enforce constraints like this, so they are just duck taping over the problems and hoping they go away.

Skycoin is designed to make these problems impossible through good architecture.

They will all be left behind

Where do you get this info?

Circulating Supply
6,825,522 SKY

Total Supply
25,000,000 SKY

Max Supply
100,000,000 SKY

I'm kind of new to this, but isn't this a problem, only 7% of all token being released so far?

4. Then there’s the massive ecosystem of stuff being built on top of the previous three things. Like the sky-messenger, the file sharing/dropbox functionality, distributed social media (sort of like Steemit but running on skycoin’s infrastructure and platform), DEX and OTC markets for the whole skyledger family. There’s about 15 development teams working on different projects within skycoin’s ecosystem. And unlike shitty erc20 tokens promising similar things, most of this stuff is already being developed, you can check the github to see the progress.

This is a twice-in-a-lifetime opportunity (The first opportunity was with Bitcoin's price rise). You need to hold these coins for a year or two, and not be greedy with day-trading. That is the most ultimate lesson I can ever teach you.

Basically if you choose ignore all of this, you're a fucking retard.

okay pay attention..this is not the one to miss. BNTY and PRL have proven in the last week that anything that touches Kucoin is going to surge. Kucoin's daily trading volume is sitting at a tiny $32m compared to Binance's $2.8b and Binance is only 5 months old. Kucoin has grown 800% in the last 60 days and it's aggressive listing of new unknown coins such as BNTY is going to be a major contributor to this growth. We're at a point now where normies are seeing this coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bounty0x/ and scrambling to get onboard with the moon mission.

How do you take advantage of Kucoin's growth? KuCoin Shares.

user, what the fuck are KuCoin Shares?

KuCoin is dead serious about being a major force in the exchange world. They want growth and they want it fast - to facilitate this they're offering dividends in the form of trading fees to their investors. 50% of the entire trading fee revenue on the Kucoin platform will be shared daily with those holding KCS on their exchange. This is a two-fold investment with ridiculous growth potential as a result, you buy KCS, the exchange grows, your KCS rises in price, and the amount of dividends you are generating grows with it.

Details: youtube.com/watch?v=5NolXWUOalQ

My current plan is to ride our Veeky Forums shitcoin profit and reinvest into KCS. See you in 2020 when I'm still holding and living off my dividends, I hope you are there with me.

Kucoin's referral system is genius too; you are rewarded some % of the trading fees that your invitees take on. If I shilled you into this godcoin please consider using my referral code when signing up if you don't have a Kucoin account yet: 1tsrs
1tsrs
1tsrs

Whale here
This shit’ll be dead in 3 months
I advise people to use it for a small pump and dump.

Everybody saying he is a whale on Veeky Forums does not even own 1 BTC.

blog.skycoin.net/statement/skycoin-distribution/

I know that's what the numbers look like on the surface (stopped me from buying in at $2 actually--bought in at $18), but the truth is actually the opposite. They have a better distribution plan than original BTC even.

Dont listen to op he is part of pump n dump group

they are targeting Sky

discord.gg/uBmDCM
see for yourself

>discord.gg/uBmDCM
so it's gonna get pumped soon?

I went on the discord and searched for skycoin - no mentions at all. What kind of fud is this?

SKYCHAN IS BEST WAIFU

you cannot deny this.

Literally better than raiblocks. It's funny how all of biz thinks they saw raiblocks coming but didn't do anything, then they completely ignore sky.

Just DYOR anons, this project has been going for years and is only just started being marketed, it is mostly only shilled on biz atm and it has gone 3x in a month, imagine when it is actually marketed.

Bunch of brainlets fudding the good coins as always and soon they will be opening those threads themselves.

What do skychans pantsu smell like?

like salty coins and milk

How high should this take off to?

Only 8 million coins. Less normie adoption. They want penny coins no matter the coin supply.

fucking normie brains

Not early enough now and too much speculation.

they can buy my coin hours then

1/10 fud, no normies are going to be buying any coins outside rank 50 (where the big gains are) regardless, once it steamrolls to the top 10 they will still fomo in, see eth/btc

All the smart money 'speculates', you cant trade based on public news if you want to make it. Just DYOR on the coins specs and the development progress.

For me personally the biggest evidence that it will take off is how much it took off from Veeky Forums shilling alone, this is literally not being shilled elsewhere, this is still early adoption.