/kdm/ Kingdom Death: Monster (KD:M)

A look into the best looking armour beefore we get it.

Coup De GrĂ¢ce >What is Kingdom Death: Monster?
Prologue Narration: youtu.be/FNLc8dHv0Ac

Monster is a board game about surviving in the darkness. You play a bunch of cavemen stuck inside the world of the Kingdom Death, a setting full of freaky (and sometimes psycho-sexual) monsters. The current version is 1.5.

Your goal is to arm your survivors and grow your settlement over 20-30 'lantern years', overcoming the odds that are against you. The game has 3 phases:
1. Hunt: You hunt down monsters for resources
2. Showdown: Fight them
3. Settlement: Return with the goods

A maximum of 20-30 sessions are expected for a successful campaign. Shorter campaigns will be available in 2019-2020.

>tl;dr
It's basically Warhammer Quest meets Monster Hunter meets Berserk.

>Official Sites
kingdomdeath.com/
twitter.com/kingdomdeath

>1.5 Rulebook photographs (yet to be fully scanned)
sendspace.com/file/gcd7jz

>Official FAQ and Living Glossary
kingdomdeath.com/faq/
kingdomdeath.com/wp/living-glossary/

>Other
Official build guides: build.kingdomdeath.com/
Upgrade 1.3 to 1.5 guide: kingdomdeath.com/wp/upgrade-to-1-5-edition/
Unofficial lore and miniature build guides: vibrantlantern.com/
1.5 Core Game and 1.3 expansion miniature info image: i.imgur.com/t0clW3a.jpg
Gambler's Chest (coming in 2nd half of 2018) miniature info image: i.imgur.com/A64r2Ar.jpg

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/raw/L0zFRLsx

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HIrKSqb4H4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for waiting for MAGE

if i activate bloodpaint for my 2 scrap swords
and attack the kingsman
then i trigger battle tempo with sword 1 and get knocked down
can a survivor encourage me so i can attack with the other sword?
since you can encourage at any time.

it might be happening

I'm going to go against the grain and say that while I mostly agree with , I have an odd fondness for Silver city Gas Mask Girl. Or, at least, for that component of her design. The shoulderpads and to a lesser extent the headdress are kind of absurd, but the core of the design feels like something strange and a little bit crazy for the freakish environment of the Silver City.

I just wish it was in Armor Kit mode so that I'd have four survivors/two per gender worth of stuff and could build one fully over designed and one with a more sleek "Core set" sort of look.

Is that armor set also acquired by beating up a Son Goku reference?

>If a survivor is knocked down in the middle of their attack, the remainder of that attack is canceled.

>doesnt know how bloodpaint works

bloodpaint is 2 seperate attacks.

Exactly what I implied.

so you say you can encourage between the 2 seperate attacks? meaning you can get 2 tries on the kingstep table if you have bloodpaint.

>Got a date, /kdm/?

Do you guys think a KD (or KD-esque) pen and paper RPG would be fun? Quick character generation and high lethality expected. You're more concerned with the survival of your village / community, and not your individual characters.

I think there is a boardgame just like what you re describing

Played a Pathfinder game like this before where our dm basically made like 20 character sheets that were all trash and we just recycled and used them at random as people died. It was basically supposed to be the crew of a ship off on some expedition into a very love craftian setting with us getting picked off left and right.

Shit tons of fun.

I think it'd be pretty neat. Do we know much about the setting enough to run something beyond "Jesus Christ it's another nightmare penis beast. Better get my knife"

I think it'd probably work better if you played someone a bit higher up on the food chain than your average survivor, like a twilight knight or something

Make it so that there are raiders from another lantern hoard, a city with nobles a depravity, a haven of safety next to the twilight knight sword forges

Problem would unique entities like FK or whatever other unique monster there is.

I mean, to an extent, you could run just about anything OSR like that. Probably best having the players manage a mercenary company rather than a town, but if the setting is KD-level hostile (or anywhere close) town could work too.

>Do we know much about the setting
We actually know a surprising lot about the setting, but there's a lot of it for which you kind of have to do the work filling in the blanks. We have all this information on the Great City, the Holy Lands, the Twilight Knights, the White Speakers, the Lions, the Entities, and so on, but it's so scattered that we can't even reach a consenses on how what we DO have connects... Which in some ways makes it perfect for RPG running since every game, much less every GM, can be different without contradicting "core canon"

alright fuck rules. just give me your personal opnion. how would you play this out?
encourage and attack with the second weapon or if you are knocked down the other activation falls off?

I'd probably look it up, but if I had to keep a game going smoothly I'd have to say "No" -- you were knocked down, that trashed your act. You can still surge once encouraged, though (this is where Rule of Death actually applies)

there is no looking up. else i would have known the answer.
all i have is.
>knockdown stops the rest of that 1 attack
so you could still do other stuff
>encourage at any time
there is no limit to the time you can encourage
>blood paint creates 2 separate attacks
giving us a window to use encourage.

These 2 being released soon?

Fighter is old hat. Good luck getting one unless you shop in china or buy a scalped run.

The bees are 2 odd years away. Wave 4 xpac.

fuck. I just want cute resin girls.

from what I've heard the DK campain is better than the sunstalker campain but the sunstalker fight is more fun. Is this correct?

Yes

Can somebody edit a Chad survival of the fittest and a Virgin protect the young

I ordered a mage out of China ran me like 8 bucks and is pretty decent quality. Just showed up today so it's not built but I can take pictures of the recasts if you want.

I'd appreciate that user thank you.
Although my autism dictates I need all the official goodies that come with said model.

Well can't help you on the autism but here you go.

I have a feeling I know the answer, but: I am an occasional lurker genuinely intrigued by most concepts of the game, but have never been into painting miniatures. How much of a waste would it be checking this game out if it ever becomes less of a limited run?

Well now that I look at that on my computer it looks significantly worse than it does in person.

You could always flip the miniatures to make back a chunk of the cost and its not that limited you can just go buy it off the site right now.

>if it ever becomes less of a limited run
It's not really a limited run right now, it's just primarily available from the creator's own site rather than major retailers.

Blog time, finally got to the sex stage with girl, literally called out "HACK CITY" as I slapped my erect dick on her ass. She was confused initially, but then just standard disappointed as I lasted only about ten minutes...

I don't care if this is real or not, I'm stealing the idea, it's amusing.

smoking weed and cardio helps

t. guy who can fuck for 4 hours straight

Hope you also confirmed to her that you were using your monster grease

Sure thing, sex god.

I think you mean fecal salve...

I believe the term you are looking for is santorum.

Pretty weak dude. It can take me like 20-30 mins to jerk off sometimes. I don't consider myself all that high stamina either.

Man, if Poots repoens the pledge manager again I feel like I won't be able to stop myself from buying all of the future expacs. God help me when he does his next Kickstarter.

>You will never hunt lions with extremely thicc women

>not making a bee pun
>being wrong
man you just fucked up all round user

if it takes you 20 minutes to jack off without trying to take that long, you are really bad at it.

>It can take me like 20-30 mins to jerk off sometimes.
This is not a good thing.

>armour beefore we get it.
he did tho

I don't know wasp up with your post.

See:

how can those fucking cheaters even think they beat the phoenix? they literally never moved it whenever he did disdain.

they get ambushed by phoenix, and just by luck the 2 ai cards are only targetting people with age token or disdain.

cant make that shit up

yeah but besides them getting perfect hits and crits constantly plus free +2 survival and other bullshit. they just straight up ignore the movement from disdain and the fact that monster will ignore terrain.

also perfect damage distribution on their armor

i didnt bother watching the start of the hunt phase. fast forwarded to start of the showdown
as much as the guys from twistgaming are cringy and try to sell their stupid shit at least they suffer death, and respect the rules

Twist guys have an annoying gamemode on the otherhand. But they have developers of the game watching them that give them banter if they fuck up too.
Ya, Twist are better.

yep but i dont see the point of their game mode
they just ask the chat to roll dice while they controle every survivor.
it s not really a chance to play the game if i wanted to roll dice i d play dnd.

In all fairness, that BoW phoenix hunt was their 3 hunt they recorded in one day of filming. Mistakes were going to happen.

mistakes such as fudging rolls and creating the proper ai deck.. mkay

Thats plenty good for 8 bux m8. May require some work but definately good to go.

Elaborate.

As the spiky haired fag in the BoW videos (who doesn't work for them or KD) all the rolls made on camera are not fudged nor are the decks. And running a game like this for 3 hunts in the space of 6 hours or so, and with two players who hadn't touched the game in over six months, is not easy. So go take your elitist autism elsewhere.

So you did cheat/fuck up the disdain movement though?

Who sets up the AI deck?

Hey man I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your videos. Your videos have some issues, yes, but these faggots are exaggerating.
Keep it up and don't let them get under your skin.

Oh yeah I freely admit I fucked up the disdain movement (but also forgot it ended the turn so it got in Zeal when it shouldn't)

I setup the decks and randomise it all. This is why you will see how surprised I genuinely am on fights because those are actual rolls and draws. Warren can be a lucky fucker

The only part I cringed about was Hooded Knight
>Mighty Strike for 3 resource? Great deal, let's throw away our Scraps and Iron
next settlement phase:
>oh noes, we totally need Scraps and Iron

Also
>YL7
>no Zanbato

Well you may have noted I was slightly tight lipped about making scrap daggers etc. I know what the King's Man is weak to but not the other two. The amount of times I am trying to guide but not spoil shit for Warren and Justin is crazy.

You know what they say give a man a meme and he'll have cancer for day, teach a man to meme and he'll need chemo.

It's an indicator of desensitization, and potentially other problems during sex. I'm no doctor so take this with a grain of salt, but I would recommend taking a no-fap period.

Oh shit I usually edge for around an hour and the last time I was with a girl I could barely feel anything.

what are the better 1.5 play throughs? either tts or live play

People need to realize that setting man on fire also keeps him warm for the rest of his life.

If you want to make OC do it yourself as it always as been done, lazy fuck.

is it just me or is it always either one of these?

either you get protect the young and cannibalize or you get survival of the fittest and graves?

i dont see either one taking the other principle of dead

Has anyone ordered the game from the website and not from Kickstarter? How long did it take to arrive? Just ordered it from their store.

Do you also grip it tightly when you jack? That could also be another problem

Am I just not seeing some kind of combo here or what, but is there a good reason to take protect the young? Survival of the fittest just seems too good to not take everytime

went poty and grave
got sage early
getting lvl2 newborn with 3 understanding from the start gives you insane amount of endaevour.
next campaign i ll got SotF and cannibalise to try

He actually paid full price, the absolute madman!

Also
>youtube.com/watch?v=HIrKSqb4H4A

what was sage?

I don't know if it would be considered tight, but I jack off very fast and hard, and the girl was doing it really slowly and gently and didn't use her hands at all.

Missed the Kickstarter and I have money to spare

now i am just saying that when you take protect the young you always take cannibalize.

also saviors are pretty good. pty is not that bad if you just burn them. we have 3 saviors the past 5 years just blowing their loads to get us our resources and surviving nemesis

He means saga

saga***
the innovation that give 2 Xp 2courage 2understanding

at least he didn't pay scalpers price

How do the once per lifetime rerolls work for the settlement? Poots said that anyone present for the roll. So could you have a bunch of people use rerolls to get something good or can it only be the returning survivors?

so is there any way to get any of the previous expansions at this point? Is my only hope to scour ebay or will we ever see them again on the store?

Anyone at all.

Yeah man go no-fap.

>but is there a good reason to take protect the young
It makes getting twins and saviors a lot easier. I typically choose based on how many survivors I have left. A bunch? More benefit from SotF. Less? Take PtY

PTY+Collective Toil can make some truly absurd settlements where you have a zillion endeavors and so much meat for the grinder that you can just sort of throw bodies at any "Bad shit happens or get an upgrade" scenario and leave the cripples and maniacs to soak -1 Population while you build the lottery winners into your A-Team.

Survival of the Fittest is (ironically) about caring for your individual survivors. You procreate when necessary, take steps to skew the random in your favor, and be sure to have those lifetime rerolls to save a life from a botched die. Your reward is having an elite crew that's also protected against some of the worst horrors of the Hunt phase

Makes total sense. ty

Man I wish I had more space for this huge shit. It's either remove the game and set up the paint station to paint or remove the paint station and set up the game to play.

I remember everything but the core game being on the store and now its flipped. It's weird though, I could have sworn some of the figures that were there had a bunch of copies left and then suddenly just disappeared when some more new models came in around the holidays (unless everything spontaneously sold out)

On top of this, you might be desensitizing your dopamine receptors - meaning you need longer-, more Action potentials to reach the same levels of arousal/ejaculation (two different nervous systems - the parasympathetic and the sympathetic). Yeah, a period of not doing anything to your dong should help.

>tfw just ordered this and am currently student teaching, so I'm going to have zero time to play with it

Anyone get the Paladin sleeves before and know how different the double matte sleeves are from their regular sleeves? At an extra dollar more they better be worth it.

What version of TTS is the best to run/play KD in?

The scripted one.