What the FUCK was his problem???

(you)

Autism

dONT TALK SHIT ABOUT ROWBOAT GOLDILOCKS

Chaos fan boys are writing books fleshing out the main figures of the Imperium.

douchebag sons
>JUST DO WHAT I TELL YOU AND STOP ASKING SO MANY QUESTIONS OR I'LL PUT YOU BACK IN YOUR TEST TUBE

Chaos, apparently.

He was a human weapon from the Dark Age of Technology out of control.

I just spent minutes trying to put it into better words than that, but nope. That's the best way to put it. Dude had the 'tism.

>implying he was a problem
Chaosfags out in full force again.

also this

I used to be a loyal citizen of Imperium because I thought he cared about humanity. Then I learned he was really an Arschloch that was just usin them.
This faggot deserved what he got. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

He cares about humanity, just not about (You) in particular.

He never had to really try for most of his life. He was just so amazingly powerful that he never had to deal with anyone even close to him until the primarchs, and like anyone who is doing something for the first time, he fucked up from lack of experience.

So he strives and fights for the... Greater Good?

not the greater good, he fights for humanity's best interest

He failed at that while claiming that he loves Humanity, he never really came close to understanding it in major scale, as a race, as for why are we so closely tied to chaos, why does our history look like it looks, and in minor scale of single human being that were primarchs.He just has literally no idea how to handle it. He is borderline totalitarian, arrogant, displaying strong superiority and self righteousness complex, lacking any interest about others' opinnion and choices, and lacking foresight fool, to engrossed in his ideas that proved completely uneffective and contrary to human nature. He was around for few 10ks years and he learned nothing about humans. Most of the shit we now have is result of his mistakes.

He had a monumental task & no peers

Imagine you have to save a bunch of dogs from a giant dog-eating robot snake. Like, the entire population of whatever town you live in is the number of dogs you must rangle. But no one is there to help you. No one has ever saved dogs from a giant robot snake before. You are completely alone in doing this. The best you can do is try to make some flawed copies of your self in the hopes of herding this massive pack of dogs. You can be everywhere at once. You get an idea in your head & in increasing frustration you yell at the flawed little mini-yous to just do what you fucking say. You idea might not even be the best, because there is no one to brainstorm with, no one to help proofread your shit.

>have a bunch of sons, a lot of them scarred from whatever planet they come
>I know, lets take a giant shit on them, then they will behave
>my favorite son why arent you adoring me

He's the central figure of a large scale tragedy (in the definition attributed to plays), so his noble aims are undone by his own character flaws, in this case a lack of understanding of people (such as severely punishing and humiliating Lorgar, then leaving him in full control of his legion of Super Soldiers and expecting he'd just fall back into line). This also applies essentially all the primarchs apart from the ones like the Khan who don't really take focus.

I seriously dont get how people think 30k has characters who actually did nothing wrong when the entire narrative revolves around fuck ups and flaws from all parties

Who only turned into douchebags (and not even all of them) because the Chaos gods are twats.

They had serious issues even before Chaos. Like that time Horus ordered most of the Raven Guard to certain death just to piss of Corax because he disliked how he was leading them, then Perturbo came along to rub their brutal deaths in Corax's face.

>wow this guy united humanity, united this unimaginable mass of humanity, but was subverted by literal gods who turned even his most loyal followers
>sooo flawed
>guys listen I would totally do a better job trust me
really cooked my noodle senpai

>who actually did nothing wrong
its a meme yah dip

he loved mankind too much

and he sorta thought his kids were underage for chaos-knowledge purposes

Shitty fathers make shitty fathers. He didn't have a father figure or he was so far beyond the need for one that he probably wasn't raised properly because you can't realistically father an infant god outside of Jesus/Superman. So when he makes little mini-emps & they view him as a dad & he thinks of them as clone-servants, it becomes one of his biggest problems. He doesn't know how to raise a son. No one taught him. He is effectively a sociopath because of his godhood. He has no peers.

Literal gods he made a deal with because he thought he could outsmart them.

And also his idea of Eradicating All Xenos has fucked humanity over in the long term, which even Girlyman seems to be realizing.

>which even Girlyman seems to be realizing
Ghilliesuit is just trying to figure out how he can change the empire in such a way its a-OK to marry his eldar waifu. If that means teaming up with all the other eldar or at least a truce he will take it.

He's ten thousand ancient psykers stacked in a coat. There's a good chance no individual mind within him ever spoke to the same person twice.

Has to rely on mind powers to overcompensate for his god-like autism and detachment from people.

I giggled. Thanks user.

Like six different writers, at least one of which hated the idea of him.

It doesn't matter now. I've given myself up to Khorne. I will enjoy dismembering the Corpse Emperor's pawns.

He didn't have the balls to discipline (kill) his son when it really mattered. The lesson was you can't build a perfect system with imperfect materials (yes, so basically autism). When Emprah left them because he wasn't 100% invested in their stupid hobby, the Primarchs thought they were going to kill xenos as a family forever and sperged out

this

Angron literally did nothing wrong
>raised to be a blood thirsty savage in a pit
>brain nails making him super crazy while killing him
>finally manage to break free and try survive with some friends
>dad shows up
>instead of helping him, E teleports him away and leaves all his friends to die
>forced to be the leader of an army, basically just going from one type of killer to another type of killer
>brothers show more compassion to him than his dad ever has
>eventually turned into a demon by another brother that just wanted to save his life

>also made his own version of the nails and puts them in his legion
Listen he's a good tragic character but he's not free of fault.

An inability to properly communicate with others to ensure his plans don't get fucked up because no one really knows what the fuck is going on? An ego larger than slaanesh and nurgle's STD list that prevents him from assuming people he works with might actually need to know shit every now and then rather than just going with it because he said so? The lack of foresight to see that despite his no gods rule people would inevitably come to worship the giant immortal golden magic man as a fucking god and start twisting the religion that formed around him? The common sense to sit his kids down and explain to them what chaos and the warp are and why they're serious business like most fathers do when they talk to their kids about drugs or gun safety? An unhealthy obsession with gold? Leg day? Take your pick dude, but do notice that several of the choices before you all stem from a failure to communicate.

It's not so much an inability as it is him thinking he doesn't need to due to the aforementioned ego. Why should he bother explaining things to such puny beings?

>Literal gods he made a deal with because he thought he could outsmart them.
Said the gods and chaosboos, not him.

If anything all he probably did was just siphon raw warp energy which the chaos gods viewed as a "deal".

>Said the gods and chaosboos, not him.

Well of course he didn't say anything. He doesn't tell anyone anything!

Malcador did

So the Horus heresy is pretty much one big wake up call for him then, yeah? Do you think that in the moments before his soul was shattered across the cosmos Big E actually paused to think "Wow, I was kind of a fucking dickhead. It's a miracle this didn't happen sooner"?

high functioning autism and a lot of physical and psychical power isn't a good combination user

>"-Imagine what it must be like to be so singular a creature... ...knowing that you are alone and that there will never be more of you. ...These beasts were not driven by hunger, they were insane, driven to madness by their own uniqueness."

The lion again with the right of it

Once AGAIN Angron might have told his legion to do it. But they had every right, every reason and every ability to tell their twitching gene-sire to fuck off. But instead they relented. Not out of duty, not because he "forced" them. But because the world eaters wanted more then anything to forge some kind of connection to their primarch, the only one so utterly removed from them. Even Curze hated his legion, even Perterabo felt -something-

But angron? Angron felt only pain and so his sons Mimicked that pain, and hoped it would at last be enough

Going by what Gooleymuhn said, he's learned nothing. When he went to talk to E, he described E as looking at him with the joy a prisoner might look at a key to his cell with.

Black Library auth-
Nevermind, was beat to it.

I'd imagine if a World Eater said no to getting the nails then Angry Ron would just kill them for disrespecting him.

Speaking of, I never got how the nails were such amazing and such old tech that nobody could understand or remove then yet Angron of all people could easily make and duplicate them. I'm guessing it's explained somewhere in a book I've missed maybe?

wow Ron Weasley got hardcore in 30k.

actually the Butcher's Nails in the others are just really bad rip offs. I think Fabulous Bill is mentioned to have tried to reverse engineer them himself at some point.

This. But I suspect that the "autism" as portrayed is more the result of shitty BL writing. Because mother of fuck, they are awful. HH was a mistake.

the ones he made were Chinese boot legged. imagine if today I took a tank and persevered it then 300,000 years later a man finds it and wants to make more for his army, so he takes a ford van, strapped extra sheet metal to it, put two extra engines inside and mounted a belt fed pirate cannon on top that fired glass balls of gun powder and nitro with two browning machine guns out the middle windows. you could still use it and would fuck up an asshole on a scooter, bike, or car however will never come close to the tank

As others said. The legions nails where the crude apeing that angron has his tech-priest-slaves reverse engineer well beyond daddy E's reach and while yes, he could and probably did kill hundreds of men for refusing. Had the order come down from Kharn or another respected War Hound pre-primarch leader there's a very good chance the legion would have refused. Forcing angron to try and kill them all- then die in the attempt.

Lastly I expect emps would have tolerated angron's death. a primarch for all its power is still less then a whole, sane and functional legion

I mean when they were abducted as infants.

Overconfidence born of having gone largely unchallenged for thousands of years.

Consider Michael Wittmann, held up as a "panzer ace" by Nazi propaganda. He killed a bunch of tanks in his career, but it should be noted that he got most of those from the relative safety of a Tiger tank during a time in which the allies had very little that could actually threaten a Tiger. As a result, he developed quite a few bad habits after a year of being able to parade around the battlefield ignoring the basics of tank tactics. Then, when he finally did go up against something actually capable of hurting a Tiger, he died like a chump making a rookie mistake that he should have known better than to make given the amount of time he had spent commanding tanks.