Dnd speech

>My armour is like ten-fold shields, my teeth are sword, my claws are spears the shock of my tail a thunderbolt! my wings are hurricanes, and my breath death

I want to create a similar speech for my dragon but i'm having trouble. Any help?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Or8G_jDcLNo?t=38s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Really depends on the type of dragon you have, you got to give more details than just "its a Dragon"

This. Give me details of your dragon and I will write something up before I get off work. I just started so that gives us 8 hours

Play it up. Be arrogant, haughty, and larger than life. Because that's what dragons are, especially intelligent ones. Ideally he shouldn't speak at all to the PCs, because why would he deign to speak to something so low? They are absolutely not his equals. Hell, they're not even fit to serve his greatness. They are insects. Maggots. Vermin. And if he chooses to speak with them at all, he should make it known just how much better he is than them.

Appeals to a sense of superiority, whether real or imagined. Benjamin Disraeli has a couple such sayings on the record that can be easily reworked for a dragon.

>The oldest and strongest emotion is fear. The oldest and strongest fear is of my kind. Yet you dare stand before me? Your ignorance is a mercy; a placid island in the black seas of infinity. Will you piece together the true nature of your existence? Has the revelation already driven you mad, I wonder? The cosmos was not made to serve the likes of [i]you[/i]
laughs
>The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind and all of my other cattle.

“My armor is-“
“I attack!”

This. My group is so murderhobo-y that they killed the antagonist for being rude to them.

"Filthy, mewling, two-legged vermin. When the great-grandfather of your kingdoms founder was still trying to learn to open his eyes, I Ruled the skies unopposed. When your beloved churches were no more than deranged cultists meeting in the woods, and your gods were less than Day dreams, I looked down upon all creation and bent it to my will. When the first Fey tentatively crawled from the forest, I taught it to harness Magics that I had long since mastered. Live to be a hundred times your current age, and you would still be less than Vermin to me."

Interlopers. Again? -Intense Sigh- Ah, all I've ever asked for in my life is a challenge. Something that would give me a reason to pause, and ask myself whether to fight or flee. I've sat in this (insert location) for years upon years, decades and centuries, longer than even I can remember, and yet I cannot remember one worthy challenger. Very well. Let us see if you can at least amuse me, before I cast your bodies from this (insert location). Perhaps then these fools that call themselves "warriors" will think twice about blundering into my domain.

Well MY group is so murderhobo-y that they killed the questgiver because they thought he was being rude to them (he wasn't).

Next time they come up with a plan in the middle of a fight, announce that whomever their enemies are start attacking them while they chitchat.

Quite liked both of these. Good work lads

I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

le cringe

I, on behalf of the Cult of Cthulhu, wish to officially inform you that the strongest fear of mankind is actually fear of the unknown.
With respect, Ifo#pq9f74edvejiwnfeia of kogrsod%4s

>le
You stop that

>When you are dead, your deity will ask why you would be so arrogant as to challenge me.

"...reactive", he gloats to their knocked-down asses

I had a great wyrm red dragon as a 1 -20 campaign big bad once. We through the whole thing one summer in college.

All campaign, I threw speech giving underlings at them. Piecing together it's master plan, slowly undermining and dismantling it's long staged machinations. Until finally, the dragon's (who's name was something crazy long like Ragosmaggustixixus) plan to establish a religion around itself to achieve godhood crumbled away.

They went bad to there home city, spent a week doing the final gear up to storm what they though was going to be an epic multi night super dungeon and final confrontation.

What I actually did was as soon as they stepped out of the tavern to to there seeing off party, this great wyrm, who was the nearly the size of an aircraft carrier, made itself visible and landed right in the middle of the city square, crushing several blocks. All it said was BURN! and then it instantly ashed the town in a conflagration. The PCs, all being level 20 superhuman's that they were, had quickened defenses so they managed to tank at least that, but there first official round of action was them standing all together, there friends, there mounts, their beloved town all reduced to ciders in a instant, with the great single mortal power in the whole plane towering over them.

>>They went back to their*

>My teeth are sword
Uh... you mean swords?
>No, just the one.

>The PCs, all being level 20 superhuman's that they were, had quickened defenses so they managed to tank at least that, but there first official round of action was them standing all together, there friends, there mounts, their beloved town all reduced to ciders in a instant, with the great single mortal power in the whole plane towering over them.
>reduced to ciders in a instant, with the great single mortal power in the whole plane towering over them.
>Cider
And their armor was so heavy that they failed their swim checks and drowned in the blood of fruit

That's what you get for fighting a magical, aircraft-carrier sized napalm-thrower in a populated area.

Cinders I mean. It'd didn't really bother them since they all had ways to fly, but the ground was hindering terrain because all the cobblestone was semi molten from the heat.

Nice, keep em guessing

youtu.be/Or8G_jDcLNo?t=38s (start at 38s) rankin/bass is best smaug speech

As for your dragons speech OP, we would require some context of the dragon, IE; type, setting, age, style, personallity

Kinda surprised nobody's posted Grigori yet.

Think bigger.

>You may call me Legion
>but truth the name is small
>I am pr-ince of earth
>The skies, the seas and all

>I lie within your house
>I'm put inside your den
>__ Watch and be afraid
>You write me with your pen

>I am sacred warfare
>who mocks the prince of peace
>I am stolen money