Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

When was the last time your group executed a complicated plan? How did it end up working out?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/98182/ruins-of-azlant-ap-by-sq
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100007/student-council-of-thieves
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100370/skyfall
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100268/the-skies-of-avalon
docs.google.com/document/d/1Lt8UNucfUoHM0BasjfLple54IG91B1xd97cZ8p4LQeg/edit?usp=sharing
youtu.be/_CkUl5WbTKk
youtube.com/watch?v=941z56i7QJE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reply_of_the_Zaporozhian_Cossacks
d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/martial-class-templates/hussar-template/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Off-topic but:

Are there any gifs of people (in a film or anime or cartoon, w/e) that kick or punch someone (or something) so hard, that their blows take limbs off?

I need it as a description of what my pugilist can do with called shots

Recruiting:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/98182/ruins-of-azlant-ap-by-sq

>AP
Wow its literally nothing

Nothing wrong with APs, user.

>nothing wrong with a strict railroad full of trash combat and badly designed encounters
Okay.

GMs can adjust things, you know.

You forgot some games there.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100007/student-council-of-thieves
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100370/skyfall
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100268/the-skies-of-avalon

>nothing wrong with an inflexible path that isn't balanced for the players or tweaked or personalized for them in any way, and completely devoid of any fun uniqueness like a homebrew setting with mature themes like racism, imperialism, orwellian thought control and religion
Okay.

Yep. I would much rather play that setting in a different system.

I assure you I didn't.

Name one

Oh right you can't because the system doesn't matter when the GM and the players are good

If it doesn't matter, why not play a simpler system?

Because we like Pathfinder and find it fun _______________________________

Get off your high horse, user. The biggest game here, RotJR, was a tweaked Adventure Path.

And we all know how well that went

>The biggest game here
Does it look like I care?
By that logic, Critical Role must be a masterpeice of a game

It's still running a year later, so yeah, we do know.

It looks like you're not in the right general if you're whining about APs when a lot of people like them.

>a lot of people like them
Again, I don't care what "most people think"
Give me an actual reason why APs are superior to real games

Because they weren't written by you for one.

Fuck off, Disk.

Behold
The kind of person who likes APs

Shoo, shoo, you vile beasts. Either make valid points or leave the premises.

>tweaked or personalized for them in any way
You realize the APs are designed with campaign traits in mind, and campaign traits are supposed to tie you to the AP. You're supposed to create characters who are invested in the conflict. If you don't that is your own fault.

>completely devoid of any fun uniqueness like a homebrew setting with mature themes like racism, imperialism, orwellian thought control and religion
Literally all of these themes are tackled in APs. Have you not even read them?

>Give me an actual reason why APs are superior to real games
With the garbage the average GM puts out the better written APs stand above them in quality.

Campaign Run By A Good GM > Any Gm Running A Good AP > Campaign Run By A Bad GM

APs up the quality bad GMs can output.

>Literally all of these themes are tackled in APs.
All in the same setting, dude.
That's the beauty of regular games, infinitely complex.

That's fair, they're a crutch for bad GMs

>That's the beauty of regular games, infinitely complex.
I refuse to believe you'd say this with a straight face.

Because, despite how legitimately shit Paizo is, I still trust them more than I would most of the people who post in this thread. All I need to do is look at 90% the applications to know you guys are absolute garbage at writing.

>All in the same setting, dude.
You realize all APs are in the same setting, right?

Literally all the themes you mentioned are tackled in the same AP as well. Serpent's Skull does all of them.

>That's the beauty of regular games, infinitely complex.
I'm starting to think you're just trolling.

Anons I need oni covered in electricity as art, i'm trawling boorus and i can't find any

Man, you have retardedly high standards if you think /pfg/ is "garbage" at writing. Most of /pfg/ is honestly okay. But post some of your own shit if you're so damn confident in your own abilities.

Wasn't my party, but another game that my GM ran that I got to spectate. Basically they were playing young mages at a training academy (totallynothogwarts), and one of their classes involved combat magic. For that class, they were tasked with dispatching a bunch of low CR, unintelligent creatures without using any combat oriented spells, and got some time to prepare. One of the mages pulled out a picture of a dragon, and proposed that they focus their efforts on "animating" it; they would all use prestidigitation to project a rough image of it, create a rudimentary roar, the works. They agreed to it, so the instructor released the beasts. My GM had the group cast concentration checks to determine its effectiveness, along with rolling will saves for the beasts. After a couple of close calls, they were able to force the beasts to flee in terror. The birds wound up running directly into one of the school's wardens (a PC martial fighter), who promptly put them down.

Garbage was perhaps a bit of hyperbole, but they still lean way to heavily into fishing for memes or aping their favorite anime character to be considered good. As for my own qualifications, I've gotten into every /pfg/ game I've applied to usually with characters I slapped together at the last minute.

Then identify yourself because unless you do you’re just LARPing for effect mate.

Those who matter know my bonafides, I don't need to prove myself for nobodies.

Ok so you’re just trolling because you’re desperate for validation, got it.

Tell us oh great writer who in /pfg/ is a good writer?

Well if your really worth a shit the thread will waifu your character and defend you even as you hold them in contempt. So go ahead and say who the fuck you are if you aren't talking out of your asshole.

Oh no! A couple of nobodies who are still traumatized by the fact that I "stole their spot" have lost faith in me. However should I go on?

>Tell us oh great writer who in /pfg/ is a good writer?
If you're looking for somebody to emulate, read over DHBs characters for a decent primer.

I am DHB and think you’re just acting like as asshat at this point.

Aren't you at work?

Oh great, it's the nobody DHB dick sucker trying to bait the thread.
>Oh no! A couple of nobodies who are still traumatized by the fact that I "stole their spot" have lost faith in me
Nigger, I don't even apply to /pfg/ games.
>lost faith
That implies I don't think you'er bullshitting in the first place. Either provide proof or shut the fuck up.

Champions of the Spheres, where is the pdf?

Can we emulate your characters? Tell us about them. If you really slap them together at the last minute than you should have a technique others should follow.

I’m on my lunch break.

In all honesty, I just put together whatever little things enter my mind. I'm by no means a masterful writer, I'm just better than most of this rabble.

>no games
>thread is fine
>games
>suddenly MUH PROSE PROVE WHO YOU ARE autism
And people act like these things aren't the most cancerous shit in the thread. Fuck you, /pfg/ DMs. Seriously, fuck you.

>He thinks the trolling isn't 100% done by anti-games autists

Nah, it's the pro-game autists and attention whores that are obsessed with jerking off over who's fantasy scholock and waifu shit is the best.

>I just put together whatever little things enter my mind

That's worthless advice, user. "Do whatever comes to mind" is the advice equivalent of "just be yourself." Tell us about one of your characters and how you made them.

I wasn't giving advice, I was just describing what I do. I read over the setting information given and write out the first story that comes to mind.

I'm sure that your nihilistic, wicked sense of humor makes you a WONDERFUL GM, user. Oh wait, have you even GM'd anything here? Have you GM'd Pathfinder at all? Or anything, for that matter?

Why do you need the PDF? All of it is up on the Spheres Wiki.

>pfg gets games agains
>thread immediately becomes fun again
Yaaaas

Maybe he has a bad art fetish?

Hey all, the Legendary Shifter playtest now has two new archetypes up; oozeling and metamorph master.

...metamorph genius. I keep messing that up.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Lt8UNucfUoHM0BasjfLple54IG91B1xd97cZ8p4LQeg/edit?usp=sharing

Just tell us about how you came up with the idea of one of your characters off the top of your head. If you can't even do that, you're full of shit user.

Fine. In a game about an artifact being stolen I had the funny thought of "I wonder whose job it is to explain that to their boss." As a result the divine beaurocrat turned fixer was born and sent on his quest to reclaim the relic.

That’s actually really cliche.

And yet it was enough to get me into the game. What's your excuse?

All this talk of APs somehow being bad and railroad-ey, meanwhile we had an entire section of the last thread where people were talking about how their Vengeance games were apparently going amazing. From the sound of it their GMs also were the "go with the flow" types, so that makes me think that maybe APs have much less to do with the quality of a campaign and much more heavily rely on the quality of GM and players.

Not bothering to apply?
GM having low standards that I didn't want to lower myself to?
Not wanting to play with a self-righteous cunt like yourself?

All of these are valid replies.

People bitch about APs because it's not an "Original Story," when APs typically empower player backstories while offering really fun adventures.

I guess people would rather have SKY PIRATES.

Would you guys think it is a reasonable houserule that a monkey/baboon/ape with 7 int could learn to speak human languages?

Not just understand but vocalize the language.

Which game mate?

There's humans with less intelligence who are able to speak so yeah. Though an ape can't speak simply because their vocal chords and whatnot are built for it, but that hasn't stopped them in any other form of fantasy so that point is moot.

Monkeys/apes aren't physically capable of actually speaking but shit, this is fantasy, go for it.

Sure, if they got an INT that high there has to have been magic involved so I don't see why the magic also couldn't give them vocal chords.

>hough an ape can't speak simply because their vocal chords and whatnot are built for it
This is actually untrue and has been disproven. They would be capable of vocalization, but most animals do not have the part of the brain humans have that allows us to learn new sounds. It's basically just humans and some birds that can do that. If an ape could learn new sounds they could vocalize, albeit in a rather strange voice.

Given the fact my ape has 8 int I was thinking I could justify the fact he has a far different mind than a normal ape.

Reference to the story on this:
>youtu.be/_CkUl5WbTKk

First sentence on Alchemy references Alchemical Scoundrel instead of Metamorph Genius. First sentence of Speed Sipper says extra instead of extract.

To be honest, I just don’t know you folks well enough to offer running my custom setting. With an AP, I can throw in some custom items and characters without sweating everything else.

Plus, I’ve learned my lesson about online people. I thought it was a joke and a meme about them, but AI was painfully wrong

Storytime?

Any good spell against outsiders (oni)? I'm playing an Inquisitor in the Jade Regent AP, and I want to have the upper hand against the tons of oni we're going to fight.

Is there much in the way of save or die/save or suck effects in Psionics? What about Spheres of Power? How do they compare to 1PP magic in this specific regard? We're all starting to get tired of single spells just completely shutting someone down and locking them out of a fight in my group.

Anything that just flat good against outsiders. Problem is that the Oni are all Outsider (Shapechanger, Native) and not a lot of things aim for those. They are also pretty universally LE with I think 3 or 4 that are NE or CE, so anything that hits evil characters also works.

Nothing you wouldn’t see in the /v/ Steamfriends thread. I have to worry about using Discord and I’ve become way too familiar with talking people out of suicide now

And this is what happens when I copy/paste in order to get the wording uniform; changed now.

Compared to your fucking AP trash? Fuck off paizofag.

Tell us about your setting and custom adventure, broheim

How do I build a true slavic superman with a glorious moustache, a cossack?

It involves you killing yourself, which means it already makes the world a better place than an AP.

I wish you would've made a shifter that can turn into all kinds of creatures like 3.5's Master of Many Forms, instead of making players take an archetype just to turn into one type of creature.

I'm one of those people who was talking about their Hell's Vengeance game last thread.

My DM is actually pretty by the book for the most part and only veers from what the book suggests when the book is being retarded. But then, that's what really gives an AP the potential to be good or even great, isn't it? People who complain that an AP can't give you an experience tailor made for your group are missing the fact that the DM running an AP can tweak it to fit the group however they want/need.

That is the most horrific sound I have heard so far this year.

>instead of making players take an archetype just to turn into one type of creature
It's funny because none of those archetypes remotely do "only have one alternate form" as well as just having the SoP transformation feats. It gives me conniptions, because "one main form you customize" would be great, but the one based on emulating an eidolon is comically the most fluid one there.

>party fighting enemies they know use hit and run ambush tactics, dickish traps, and demoralization tactics
>get really angry when doing shit without planning is making them basically slog it out at a massive disadvantage

The enemy keeps waking up the party when they set up camp by playing horns in the jungle/lighting fires/doing fake ambushes.

From Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.
youtube.com/watch?v=941z56i7QJE

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reply_of_the_Zaporozhian_Cossacks
Dwarven Hussars (Warlords)

>d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/martial-class-templates/hussar-template/

Someone give me a name for an idol obsessed yakuza pilot

Shoji, but his buddies call him anime-kun.

you know the rules

I can't find the webm.

>ever posting the webm

and so do I

actually no I don't think I do, what reference are you making?