Exalted General - /exg/

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp

>House Tepet Preview
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Something to start off the thread: apparently Minton has written a properly statted Third Circle Demon for the antagonist thingy. What do you guys hope to see? What kind of things should 3CDs be able to do?

>What do you guys hope to see?
Something absolutely terrifying, but in a non-combat way. Boss monsters are fun, and I fully expect it to be hard to take down in a fight, but we have some powerful combat-focused spirits already. I want to see what a third circle tier threat looks like when its primary goal isn't murder.

>What kind of things should 3CDs be able to do?
I have no idea. I'm pretty sure they've never gotten stats before, but have we gotten examples of their power in the past?

>I'm pretty sure they've never gotten stats before, but have we gotten examples of their power in the past?
Nothing concrete, I think. Previously the powers of 3CDs have mostly been plot evice level things whose exact nature has been left for the ST to determine.

Evidently Vance wrote up a high-end behemoth for the book, too. I'm very curious to see that.

It has me hoping Mata-Yadh will be rewritten for the final release, though, since it would be nice to have solid examples of behemoths towards both the top and bottom of the scale (assuming Mata-Yadh is too powerful for what it's supposed to be, like it seems). I don't know what the chances are of seeing anything changed, though.

Why do people say Mata Yadh is too powerful? A behemoth ought to be, no?

Exalted isn't about combat anyway.

A behemoth should be, but Mata-Yadh is described as a larval behemoth and an example of the weaker kind that Fair Folk might ride into battle, when its stats make it look like one of the most powerful opponents currently in the game. It has Fakharu's soak, Ahlat's parry, comparable health levels to either of them (on top of no wound penalties and legendary size, which they don't have), better base attacks than either, and defensive Charms that punish you for attacking it or even getting close.

If a Storyteller threw it in with an army of Fair Folk like it's described, they might get a full party wipe rather than the decent challenge they're expecting. It might make for a good major battle on its own for an experienced circle, but it seems too much for how it's described.

...That's what I've heard, anyway. I haven't done any actual combat tests with the thing myself. It looks nasty, at least.

I haven't read through the rest of the antagonists in the book yet, but they seem better at a glance. There are some odd parts here and there (Why does the Fang-Blossom, a dangerous but not unique killer plant, have 6 parry? And aren't Zicnal's 60 health levels a bit excessive, especially compared to the other giant things we've seen?) but overall later entries seem better balanced for what they're supposed to be.

Turns out I have some good behemoth pictures saved from somewhere.

The more difficult ones may want a PC to really have a warstrider to help even things I bet.

I don't know how they are in combat against smaller opponents, but they seem like a great help against giant monsters, yeah. It's hard to imagine getting through the health levels of something with Legendary Size without a way to negate it.

Can someone post its stats? I don't know where to find them.
O U

How does Fleet Dreaming Image work? It seems like it was written in ignorance of the Disengage rules, like they were changed afterwards.

For the record, the "New NPCs and a Behemoth rework" contains links to the plaintext of the monthlies.

Here's Mata-Yadh:
pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL

What's not to get, you can disengage from short range instead of close.

Can you combine Fists of Iron Technique with Martial Arts that use unarmed attacks or no because it's Brawl

You can not combine it with Martial Arts charms in an attack, but you may activate it outside your turn when parrying to parry with your bare hands. (And you can't combo it with MA charms that emhance your parry.)

I presume you do it for reflexive movement when people close from medium to short. Keeps people in the ideal range for ranged attacks.

It's completely redundant. You use Disengage to move from close range to short range, from which you can use normal Move actions. Am I going crazy?

You gain the reflexive movement and can maintain a larger gap.

Normal Disengage. Disengage from close to short, next time someone moves to you, move back another range band keeping them at short range.

Fleet Dreaming Image Disengage. Disengage from short to medium, next time someone moves to you, move back another range band keeping them at medium.

This could be important if you want to maintain a range of Medium to them to prevent them from launching a ranged attack since Medium range requires an aim action which cannot be done on the same turn as a move.

It also prevents people from Rushing you since Rush requires them to be at short range from you.

What's the "behemoth rework" part of that about?

No, you use Fleet Dreaming image to go from Short Range to Medium Range, which is exactly the kind of charm you want if you use, say, Archery in combat or you just need to put space between you ad your oponent for ny reason.

Outside of Legendary Size creatures, is the Greenmaw the best in terms of stats for a combat survival familiar?

I think the pastebin itself is a rework. IIRC, the last one we had was made anonynously, and couldn't be updated when new monthlies came out.

>Why do people say Mata Yadh is too powerful? A behemoth ought to be, no?
It's an Essence 3 creature. That's the issue. Essence ratings have never been really comparable between different types of creatures, but they should mean *something". Mata-Yadh is in a completely different class from any other Essence 3 creature, more comparable to entities with twice the Essence. It's nuts.

>What's the "behemoth rework" part of that about?
IIRC Mata-Yadh was in the leak, with saner stats. It was cut from the final release, but was reworked into nonsensical garbage for the antagonist thing.

Foe-Vaulting Method requires you to build initiative to 6+ in order to reset it, if you use Ebon Shadow Form and have a base of 6 do you automatically reset it?

Well it's a behemoth. You said it, essence is only really a rating without the same class of being.But we'll see what the "high end" behemoth coming down is. Maybe an Ess 3 Behemoth is supposed to already an insane threat.

>IIRC Mata-Yadh was in the leak, with saner stats.
Oh, hey, it was. I completely forgot about that. Interesting.

Looks like the original is pretty similar, with fewer motes and a few less dice on some things. The main difference is that it's lacking all those defensive Charms, which are pretty powerful. The original is still pretty tough, but I think I'd be more comfortable sending it against a party (though honestly I'd be more likely to steal from both and make my own).

But maybe you're right, yeah. I'm looking forward to seeing the new one so we have something to compare it to.

I'd say so, as long as you land a decisive attack first, as it says. Alternatively, the Storyteller could rule that you have to gain Initiative somehow before it counts as "building Initiative".

No idea what this is supposed to be, but it looks cool so I'll post it anyway. Maybe someone will get some ideas out of it.

>mata-yadh has insane stats
Imagine what the stats for the things in these images would be, and compare them to hers, when she's a fraction of the size of any of them. I think you're supposed to be heavily incentivized to use Warstriders to fight them.

REMOVE GARLICTRON