Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

How to eat Soup in five ways Edition

Previous Thread: Discussion: Never trust a Stormcast.
malignportents.com/story/story-two/

Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

D A W I

There are 4 types of soup there

U lied 2 me OP

Seraphon are not for lewd

>reposting
so these are ideas to remove the shitty SCE breastplates
left is a sculpted tabard, mid are filed down muscles, right is unaltered
I don't know which of these 3 would look best, or if another idea would be even better.
someone help please

Seraphon are for cute only

this triggers the autistic midgets

blep

I mean, I guess the second one. No offense intended but you'd have to be better at sculpting to get your thing the way you want it.

yeh I know I suck at sculpting :)

Also, it's technically untrue. Dark Elves and Wood Elves got Allegiance abilities in GHB17. With the Wood Elves actually being pretty memetastic.

Repostan the shit germanon translated so far.

Command Traits

Rotbringers
1- Move the Cycle of Corruption one step in any direction once per battle.
2 - Roll a die for each enemy unit within 1" of your general. On a 4+ you get a infection point and they take a mortal wound.
3 - +1 to wound in melee
4 - Roll a die for each unsaved wound, on a 4+ the enemy gets a mortal wound.
5 - +2 to run and charge rolls
6 - 6+ FnP

Daemons
2 - Roll a die for each enemy unit within 1" of your general. On a 4+ you get a infection point and they take a mortal wound.
3 - +1 to wound in melee
4 - Pick a terrain piece within 3" of the general each turn. That terrain gets the mortal wound rule of the Feculent Gnarlmaw for the rest of the battle.
5 - d3 mortal wounds to a unit within 3" once per battle.
6 - Pick enemy unit within 6" of the general and roll a die for each model within 6". Each 5+ causes a mortal wound.

Mortals
3 - +1 to wound in melee
4 - -2Bravery to enemies within 3"
5 - Hit rolls of 6´+ against your general in melee must be rerolled.
6 - Improve the Rend value of all attacks made be the general in melee by 1.

3. Learn to sculpt before doing these kinds of mods.

dark elves a best

Everybody gets Rancid Renewal
Cast on 7+, instantly set the Cycle of Corruption wheel to any one spot.

>Rotbringer spells
>1/2
Blades of Putresence(sp?)
Cast on 7+, range 14". Hit rolls of 6+ cause a mortal wound in addition to all other damage.

Disgusting Visitations
Cast on 6+, range 3". Unit suffers a mortal wound for every model within 3" of the wizard.

Gift of Contamination
cast on 6+, range 18". Target enemy unit and roll a d6.
1-2 -1 to hit in melee
3-4 -1 to wound in melee
5-6 -1 to saves.

>2/2
Daemon spells.
Beloved Pox
Cast on 7+. Range 14". -1 to all hit, wound and save rolls until the wizard moves, casts or is killed.

Glorioes Suffering
cast on 5+, range 21". Half unit's Move value and all run and charge results until your next hero phase. Loses Fly if it has it.

Awesome Pestilence
Cast on a 6+. All enemy units within 7" suffer a Mortal Wound. units with more than 5 models suffer d3 mortal wounds instead.

Mortal spells
Lovely Boils
Cast on a 7", pick enemy hero within 21". Hero suffers a mortal wound and subtracts -1 from all hit, cast and unbind rolls until next hero phase.

Plague Rain
Cast on a 6+. Roll 7 dice, each six causes d3 mortal wounds to a unit of your choice. A unit can only be picked once to suffer that damage per turn.

Repulsive Morass
Cast on a 5+, range 14". Roll a die and compare the result to the target enemy unit's save. If you rolled above or equal to the save the unit suffers d6 mortal wounds.

Cutest army.

Reposting here since I hit the back of the thread.

Why do Chaos Dwarf rules kinda look like 'what if we made Dispossessed actually good' as far as being primarily a defensive gun line with hard hitting melee when it needs to.

Also the models are really cool.

Dispossessed are good. You just need to read everything and retain it so you can notice good combos and synergies.

And here are the untranslated relics.

Re-posting, since it seems like the Rumour Engine for today is like an Octopus.
Credibility increased?

scourge privateers is gay

malekith Uglu shadow aelves is where its at

Guys, what do you think about this Moonclan Army?

giv mommy Morathi

Sculpting is hard, filing is long
Fill the gap, acquire monoboobplate

>allegiance rules for a pathetic handful of min-faction units

when someone pisses in your face it isnt raining

Solid list. Personally would have 60/20/20 grot units though. throw your buffs on the big one and launch it forward to tie stuff down whilst the manglers wreck face. Could also swap one mangler for cave squigs as you can only buff one glass cannon mangler per turn. .

>Morathi
this might be acceptable

will do after i ripped of the tabard

Ideally the monoboobplate would be pointed and not flat, but that would depend on your confidence in greenstuff

The only unit with anything cool for rules are Longbeards. Whereas most of the Chaos Dwarfs all have special shit on each unit. And all of their war machines are like 10x better than the Ironweld ones.

It's all kinda silly and smells of FW fuckery

>GW shit our a nice solid turd for you and you gladly thank them for it

Remember when they did retarded shit and people called them out on it?

central hardline could work too

good work, anyway, I strongly believe in your work, user, I want to see a proper stormcast force done!

>no light aelves

what now? mommy-rathi cucks everyone of slaanesh and malerion hunts for her with his deep sea "things" while tyrion goes crying from his blind eyes in a corner waiting for teclis to give him an army?

>Remember when they did retarded shit and people called them out on it?
that would be every day of the week on /tg
god-bless anonymity

can I still use my FW GUO at GW shops, or will they tell me to fuck off and buy the plastic version?

Same guy said Morathi might have a snake form too
So the Rumour Engine people thought was Fulgrim, probably wasn't Fulgrim.

>no light aelves
they are coming eventually

I'll think about that, thanks!

Maybe not everyone thinks it's retarded. Sperg.

>confidence in greenstuff
thats not that high
but ill post filling soon

MORATHI
NEW
SLAANESH

also scourge privateers, order serpentis, daughters of khaine and daemonettes confirmed for becoming soup

>this triggers the autistic midgets
They need to elaborate more on Sigmars pantheon.
Also would like to see who became a god, who became a demigod, who new emerged as a god/demigod. Also would like to know more about zodiacal monsters.

so what happens to all the existing GUOs?

as long as I can stick her on top of a balewind vortex and shove fistfulls of moral wounds down peoples throats like I used to do then Ill be a happy camper.

Soon

>Also would like to see who became a god,
read the End Times Khaine book. Everyone in that book that got a wind of magic bound to them ends up a god of the new mortal realms.

>implying a faction's centerpiece will not be xboxhueg

>tfw Balthazar Gelt doesn’t become a metal god of Chamon
>Instead Stormcast take his awesome mask and make it the most dull and boring thing ever

I read that book though.

The dwarves got no winds, yes ungrim had fire for a short time but then he died and some elf dude took it. Thorgrim had lore of metal but then he died and it went to belthazar or however you spell his name.
So no dwarf gods?

Also who became demigods and zodiacal monsters, were some newly created?

Except the ones who died before the vortex got to suck up everything
>ungrimm replaced by grimnir
>balthasar/thorgrim replaced by grugni
>grimgor replaced by gorkamorka

unless gorkamorka is actually grimgor who grew 2 heads to replace the one he lost

Hey guys, I found the retard

*Soop

>read the End Times Khaine book
No they need to elaborate more on it rather then just read a end times book. I was a "new times" book that explains it.

1 shitty boobplate coming up
this might be my favorite one so far, should I full up the abs aswell to make it look like an undershirt?

>Be proud dorf empire.
>Get fucked by Chaos.
>Try to reclaim your homelands.
>Sigmar says "Fuck you" and forces you to build cities for the rest of his slaves to live in.
Why is Sigmar a good guy again?

alarielle got life magic
tyrion got light magic
teclis is tyrion's sidekick demi-god
malekith got shadow magic
morathi should be dead but somehow isnt
sigmar got heaven magic
wind of beasts is unaccounted for seems to have been lost or had no god representative in the new setting
lore of fire was a dwarf who died, the an elf who died, and now seems lost and has no representative god in the new setting
nagash obviously got the wind of death
wind of metal should have been Gelt but seems like that didnt happen (didnt he die before getting sucked into the warp? cant remember) maybe thats why he isnt the god for it in the new setting.

maybe im forgetting some

the zodiac beasts are just super random and dont seem to be connected to anything from the old setting.

Do I have to take from this that all factions and subfactions of aelfs that migrated to azyr from all over the realms with the age of chaos, were indigenous of azyr before moving out to colonise the realms during the age of myth?

So no dwarf gods, just elves n nagash...

No good amount of demigods, just teclis and maybe morathi.

Mannfred killed him right as he was about to save the Old World from Chaos.

He isn't.
He is a thief of souls that don't belong to him.

I don't think that's needed, just painting them as leather (or the same colour of the cloth between their legs) should avoid them getting too much attention.

Good start.

Pretty sure metal is Grungni based on his descriptions in the fluff.
>Crying molton lead.
>Master smith.

in the original lore all the elves were dead and completely gone
malekith, teclis, and tyrion searched every realm including the realm of heaven and none were ever found.

GW decided in its infinite wisdom that wasnt a great way to sell your elf models on store shelves so did a little hand waving and shit out some really weak fluff about them appearing out of thin air for no apparent reason with no backstory.

You prolly won't be able to do that and have it look good at your skill level. Feel free to try, but judging by the smoothness of your filling I can see that you've prolly got a ways to go until your able to tackle thought GS work. Pick up some sculpting tools/dental tools of Amazon, or worst case scenario use a rounded off pencil eraser(preferably with a harder white eraser instead of a soft pink one) dipped in a bit of water for lubrication. I found that pencil trick really helped when i first started filling gaps and smoothing surfaces with GS

speaking about cloth, I had the idea of smoothing out the transition between the undercloth and the upper arm/leg-plates, and paint them in cloth too, to make it look more like a "light"-armored knight, or would that be shit?

God List.

Uncommitted user from the previous here.
Don't panic - I'm not gonna spam here like the dwarf user but I would be really grateful for a brief summary of each army from Nighthaunt and Spiderfang players to help me decide. I'm also thinking about BCR but I imo the BCR-user has taught us everything that can be learnt about them already. Thank you Huskard-san

I tried to brew up a 1000pts list for each army and some kind of purchase plan. Not gonna lie - I'm on a tight budget so I want to milk those boxes dry.
Any chance that with those lists I will not get tabled in the first turn? I don't want to play competitive but being a slightly challenging opponent at least will make casual games even more fun imo.

Yeah and I thought Grimnir was fire before he got splintered into a million pieces of urgold.

Tirion and Teclis seem to be co-Gods of Light or something

>lore of fire was a dwarf who died, the an elf who died, and now seems lost and has no representative god in the new setting
It was Grimnir
He died in the Age of Myth fighting Vulcatrix

>wind of metal should have been Gelt
Grungni is the god of Metal. He helps Sigmar forge the Stormcast.

I thought gorkamorka was the beasts aspect/god

There were Aelves in Azyr only at the beginning of the Age of Myth(probably another manifestation of Mallus' hatred). It's presumed these originally Azyrite Aelves migrated to the other realms.

They need more gods and demigods

>Mannfred killed him right as he was about to save the Old World from Chaos

oh yeah thats right, Gelt and the other incarnates were all channeling the winds to close the unstable old ones webway portal when Manfred decided it was a good time to stab Gelt in the back with a knife. Then Tyrion tried to also channel metal along with the other ones he was channeling and the overload made him explode and then the whole attempt failed and everyone got sucked into the warp rift.

>So no dwarf gods
Grugni is the cripple god of metal, forging, citybuilding, craftmanship and everything related to making; had a large part in making the stormcast if I remember correctly.
Grimnir the god of fire, grimnir exploded killing vulkatrix, with his remnants being the ur-gold the fyreslayers collect both to get powers and to rebuild their god.
There are dwarfs who worship a dwarf god of the dead, but all gods of the dead were consumed by nagash, so they either worship a dead god (which they don't seem to mind admitting saying death for a god is a small thing) or it still exist in some shape in one of nagash forms, like it happens for morr, former human god protector of the death.

Spiderfaggot. Just play BCR, dude. It's better in every regard. Easier on the wallet, easier to transport them, and they're simple enough to learn to play. The GHB17 nerf was rough, but they're still playable.

Otherwise, Spiderfang is ultimately just a Big Boss, between 1-3 Big A's, and enough Spider Riders to fill the gaps. I slot in some allied Rock Lobbers, but it's not really necessary in 1000 pt games.

At 1000 pts, you're going to be running a Big Boss, a Big A with Shaman, and 30 Spider Riders. That's will always be it because there's really no room for innovation when we've just got the three units. Once you get larger, that's when you've got a chance to play around with your spider riders, your number of Big As, and the possibility of allies.

I'm interested in starting a Moonclan army. What's a good centerpiece model/unit for them? Do they have one?

Gods yeah. Demigods definitely. I think the only Demigod we know so far is Archaon, despite the first books saying that many were part of the Pantheon.

There are probably more gods that aren't there because they are only called Ur-animal which might or might not be Godbeasts.

The only thing more retarded than AoS "lore" is end times shit.

Cool, so dwarves got 2 gods.
So the other guy was wrong because the winds of magic didnt end with thorgrim and ungrim, they went onto a elf and belthazar before the world ended.

If you're open to Forge World, Colossal Squig or Squig Gobba. If not, Mangler Squigs.

Nope unless you get the forgeworld colossal squig. They have no tanky monster or hero. Just hordes and glass cannon units.

Can someone please post somee Moonclan Grots reaction faces?

He's not wrong about End Times being shit.

Spiderfang are pretty fragile at 1k, but get really scary once your up past 2k. I almost always take the shrine over the lobber as I find having an extra few wizards really help. I have a lot of fun with mine but I wish I'd picked an army with more available units as it makes list building kind of boring. That said you can easily convert most grot units using spiderfang bits, I've seen doom divers using the lobber and the shaman which look rad af, as well as wolf pelts from space Wolves upgrade packs attached to spider riders for wolf riders. Also narrative play lists can be pretty cheese as the shrines unique spell can stack and be cast multiple times leading to exponential mortal wounds.

The lines are too rigid to be cloth, it wouldn't feel right, I say.

One thing you could have for a similar effect would be to paint certain plates of a different colour: prominent plates get a shining silver, the ones under them or near the cloth get a more toned down brownish bronze (but it being metallic colour you may end up creating an undesired contrast) or a "dirty" darker metallic grey.

Ally spiderfang and take arachnorocks

If you can curve them back into the joints then sure, that way they'll look like puffy pieces or perhaps a gambeson. But I wouldn't paint them outright, it'll look off.

So far it goes like this it seems.

Dispossessed primarily worship Grungni.
Fyreslayers primarily worship Grimnir.
Overlords don't usually worship anyone because they are sky pirates in it for themselves. fucking athiests.

>the lines are too girid to be cloth
thats why I though about just filing them down a bit, don't know if the overal concept would be bad tho

I am good with those 3 factions, kind of goes together really well. All the dwarves need is for the dispossessed get redone and have their own battletomb

They're British.
So they just worship the Dorf gods the same as the other but claim they have their own church

Honestly, the loss of the Venom Mob hurt like a motherfucker. Just the ability to toy around with our battleshock was incredibly useful at making Spider Riders stick a little better, and with nothing to really fill the void, they can definitely seem more fragile. Since it feels like a tired chore at this point, I'll go ahead and post homebrew Spiderfang Allegiance abilities that you can see if your local scene would be fine with you playing. It's certainly done wonders to make me enjoy playing the skittering swarm a little more in the loss of actual cheese.

>battletomb
Freudian slip?