Warhammer 40000 general - /wh40kg/

C.S. Goto was the best writer Black Library ever had edition

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/09/tactical-toolbox-judging-dreadnoughtsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=QFHrvBGSFYg

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and Such
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

first for bolter bitches

I want to build a Kill-Marine for my Deathwatch. Would it fight more to use the rules for an Eversor or Vindicare?

White Custodes best Custodes.

Slaanesh

>When you hate chaos so much you gain pysker powers

Are Soul Grinders worth taking now?

Das raysis

Trips of truth.

Eversor usually. But you could probably use the Vindicaire if you wanted.

Question: if I advance a unit after its move, and it ends it within 1 inch of an enemy unit, I can order it with "Fix Bayonets" to fight immediately, correct?

you cannot end your move within 1" of an enemy unit, so...no.

>When you're so faithful you fuse with your Sisters and become the Empress of Mankind and blast a Culexus with your psychic might

Need help with my list.

Super Heavy Auxiliary Detachment
Mortarion

Super Heavy Auxiliary Detachment
Magnus

Chaos Deamons Battalion - ???

What should I put in my Battalion? It has to be Chaos Deamons so I can deep strike both primarchs, but the troops and other units should be fast and able to clear screens to pave the way.

fuck me I need to read the daemonifuge.

How about the Imperial Space Marine?

If I choose to advance but don't move a support platform does it count as moving and can it fire?

Have you considered throwing them in the dumpster you pathetic waacfag?

(you)

The only way you can get within 1" of an enemy is via a charge or being a cheaty Tau.

How do you guys fill seams on infantry models?.

Did the MODEL move?

liquid greenstuff

Sorry. And Pile-ins of course.

>Chaos Deamons Battalion

Silly retard! YOU TAKE A SUPREME COMMAND DETACHMENT AND GREATER DEMONS OUT THE ASS! ONE FOR EACH GOD!

holy shit were is this from?

if the model didn't move, it didn't move.

What did the assassins do to become such jobbers

I require more of this

Be NPCs.

that's ephrael stern, the daemonifuge.

from the daemonifuge novel/comic

Daemonifuge, a convent of Sisters is trapped inside a chaos artifact by a Slaaneshi marine but one Sister manages to escape the contraption except now she's fused all the souls into her own, she becomes the thrice born (because she has died 3 times and being born as if nothing happened, like perpetuals before they were a thing) and the Inquisition hunts her down because of her newfound powers, she escapes into the Black Library to learn more of herself and how to fuck Chaos up its ass.

Ephrael Stern is the Empress of Mankind.

would you rather assassin romance?

maybe with eldar?

Advancing is a bit different as it affects the entire unit.

Which HQs though?

Not quite what I'd like out of a Kill-Marine. I think if I'm going to do this I'd go with the Eversor

ohhhh shit right, nevermind i was getting excited

I mean the white with the gold just looks way better than gold statue Custodes

You are like a little babby

R8 n h8 my first ever janky ass conversion

Tips for the future?

>List of NPC factions in 40k
>Imperials
>Space Marines
>Chaos
>Orks
>Eldar
>Tau
>Necrons

Did I miss anyone? Is anyone not NPCs?

They just want to give hugs.
In all of your orifices.

The plasma coil in the middle of the gun is going to be a problem

So I've been randomly looking at Thousand Suns for some sort of future army far on down the road and I've got two questions.

First, Tzaangors, you don't want to take them in large units because they'll do a lot of running from Moral checks right?
Base units of 10 to serve as fodder/charge eaters?

Second, does anyone use blocks of 20 Ruberic?
It sounds nice but looks expensive points-wise and I don't see an obvious benefit other than 'More Dudes' and suffering the same weakness to large casualty blocks that all big squads have

I'd take anything from old Veeky Forums over whatever the fuck neo-Veeky Forums has become.

Really? This is the image I was working off of

I meant more of being a pain to paint

Superglue and a file.

I haven't bought liquid GS yet and hate warming up water to use normal GS.

i finshed dis last night.

pls r8
no h8
no b8

>magazine feeding the bolter through a plasma coil

i mean, it's table-top wysiwyg so i'd be fine with it

Plasma guns get so hot that they can kill a space marine in armor that can withstand re-entry from low orbit. The plasma coil vents this heat. Think about it.

I heard Dante beat down a Swarmlord solo. How shit is Calgar then?

>Badyear tires
My sides.

>wysiwyg
But that's a plasma pistol ;^)

well I mean, GW did it too.

fucking hell britbongs

is it safe to use normal super glue?, I haven't done it before.

Nope anything but Games Workshop brand super glue will melt your minis.

No shit normal super glue will work user, use your god damn brain. There's nothing special about GW brand supplies.[/spoilers]

NOICE

No, it's prone to spontaneously combust.

Hah well the goal is to equip some sergeant with the thing at some point, figured I might as well get some practice converting all these spare bolters and plasma pistols I have

I would recommend getting a Nurgle Battalion filled with Nurglings and Nurgle DPs to prevent the enemy from denying you good deepstrike range. Also take another LoW for deepstrike all in the tripple LoW detachment. Happy wargaming buddy!

Should I get a Leviathan?
Is forgeworld generally accepted in pick up games?

>implying anyone here plays Daemons

I always thought the coils charged the plasma and that the slits at the end were the vents for heat

Also that the coils just exploded because they were overcharged

forgeworld yes

leviathan probably not.

As long as you give your opponent a heads up so they know what to expect I'd be ok with it

Not really unless you already have the model, then maybe in a "for-fun" list

I do. All Chaos all day erry day, baby.

Calgar soloed too.
Got rekt the first time cause he got mobbed by Swarms Guard too. Swarmy can't 1v1

Returning from yesterday. Got some advice on my earlier list, it was apparently just so shit that i should've been ashamed of myself. I still have 57points to spare. Idea is to make marine fortress and force the enemy to come to me. Each intercessor has 3 attacks because of Pedro so they should be able to give some punishment.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [95 PL, 1693pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Crimson Fists

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 170pts]: Armorium Cherub
. Space Marine Sergeant
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Lascannon

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Plasma incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Plasma incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword

. 4x Intercessor

. 4x Intercessor

. 4x Intercessor

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad [10 PL, 135pts]: Assault bolter, 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant

Inceptor Squad [10 PL, 135pts]: Assault bolter, 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant

+ HQ +

Pedro Kantor [9 PL, 170pts]

Primaris Lieutenants [5 PL, 74pts]
. Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle

Primaris Lieutenants [5 PL, 74pts]
. Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle

+ Elites +

Primaris Ancient [4 PL, 69pts]

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 156pts]: Twin autocannon, Twin autocannon

++ Total: [95 PL, 1693pts] ++

Should Tzeentch still be running Exalted Flamers over burning chariots?

Why? Is it OP or something?

>make a marine fortress
>lose on objectives
Solid plan, user.

Doesn't make its way into the tournament scene, but on paper it screams OP.

Seeing as you want to bunker down maybe drop the power swords and buy an aegis defense line? That way you know for sure no matter what you have a firebase

Not really, but people on /40kg/ are whiny CAACfags that's all. If they can't beat your army with whatever retarded composition of models that they love, they will complain and refuse games.

Yeah
Could be a bit much for casuals. But nothing crazy OP

Nah, 4+invulnerable save is its biggest defence and its longest range gun is only 24" so most conventional anti-tank in the game can handle it.

Sorry, I'm new to game. But shouldn't it be semi viable because I have deep striking units and opponent won't be able to get into cover because of the fist tactics? So in some cases I can turn the game to be played on my terms.

Didn't even think about that. I just thought that those powerswords might keep the enemy away since each sergeant has 4 attacks with rerolls to hit and wound.

>Make a marine fortress
>Don't actually use a fortress
Dorn knows his sons can do better. Try again

Add 5 bolter scouts

Different user but latching onto this:
Can an army of mostly Tzaangor spam and vehicles work? I'm jazzed about birdmen but less so about the actual rubric marines.

Ravenguard bunker down better.

They are worse than cultists and more expensive so why bother? Other than that, it would be fine.

yeah, your boys can still leave the base and cap if they need too and those inceptors are great anyway so I'd say you should be fine.

I've seen people use birdmen as sorcs.

Cadian Gunline with 4 infantry and 3 Russ in a fortification plus two scion teams, a command team and a prime to suicide drop on objectives. Is this viable at all at 2k?

Not so OP that it enters tournaments, like ever. But it's a huge scary model that tends to scare newbs shitless. It's a ~400 point model that can instantaneously erase nearly any unit in the entire game.

A smart player can use it to delete a lynchpin unit, and thus exploit an army thats poorly made. But a well-made army with a *reasonable* amount of anti-tank should have no trouble killing the Leviathan. Unfortunately it's also terribly inefficient due to the extreme degree of Overkill that it provides. Remember that anything the Leviathan could do except for the double-grav, could be done just as well for a fully equipped contemptor for half of the cost.

You can take whatever guardshit you like from the codex and be just fine ouside of maximum waac games.

>He thinks hiding is bunkering down

Raven Guard wouldnt know the right side of a bunker even if they were born in it.

Yeah, and there are some bird-mutant options in the Exalted Sorcerer kit, and I think there's gonna be a Tzaangor character in the new codex (though it'll probably be an Elite rather than HQ, like Kroot Shapers or all the Death Guard support characters, I'm guessing).

So it can't shoot?

How does mixing units in a detachment work? Can I put an Assassin in a Space Marine detachment without losing chapter tactics on the Space Marines?

How would you paint these face shields as blood angels Im going to do one squad with and one without

The ones without Im just gonna do yellow , but with these im not sure it will work as well just yellow

maybe just a yellow stripe?

how do you counter bjorn hiding behind 2 space wolves dreadnaughts with frost shields

in mirror matches there is literally no reason to use buildings

You cannot. All of them need the space marine keyword.