projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/libertad/stats-for-jesus/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NPC. Technically a god

>lay on hands
>cure disease
>raise dead
>water walk

The answer is yes. Also, DMPC.

A cleric because he gets his powers from a god. However being a god himself means that he's powered by himself therefore making him a paladin

With a smile like that? Bard.

He's a multiclass cleric/bard (oratory), most likely. Like most figures he doesn't really line up with D&D archetypes and abilities very well so you'd end up with more of a Jesus themed character than a faithful representation

Depends on what splatgospels your DM allows. If you're sticking to core, you're probably going to want to go cleric, but some of the material in Complete Gnostic could be used for a bit more of a hardline paladin build.

Cleric. He doesn’t have any combat or armor skills, just fancy miracles.

Arguably, wouldn't the answer be sorcerer?
>charismatic
>gains supernatural ability from his ancestry
>didn't own a magic book
>probably awful in a fight

in terms of lore, hes more of a cleric. but the miracles he preformed are very similar to paladin spells and abilitys.

He's a solar disguised as a human and told to keep his SLA in check

Hell, didn't 5E just publish Divine Soul sorcerer?

That's Gandalf. Unless you're claiming that Jesus is Gandalf, which...I'm actually pretty okay with.

Christian son-of-God Jesus would be an outright divine avatar not confined to a class, gnostic hippie Jesus would be a monk/bard.

15th Level Multiclass Cleric / Mary Sue

A delusional peasant or a criminal/charlatan with very high charisma ?

Watch the edge, buddy.

Lich / Cleric

Aasimar /Divine soul sorcerer.

Level 13 cleric with water domain

Favored soul or a Divine Bloodline Sorceror of some kind.

>That's Gandalf. Unless you're claiming that Jesus is Gandalf, which...I'm actually pretty okay with.
Considering how religious Tolkien was and that Gandalf died fighting a devil to return from the dead changed, I guess that would be an accurate assessment.

>Tommy's actions towards Dil in The Rugrats Movie parallel the Sacrifice of Isaac
Is this real?

If we are going by him just being a rabbi who believed that all people were the sons and daughters of God (the Son of God speak), and that the miracles he supposedly performed were real, then cleric. In addition, he isnt some ridiculous super powered cleric either, but rather low level. All his miracles can be replicated by a below 10th level cleric, and a bit of exaggeration in the retelling, a common thing in that day and age.

If actually God, well then he's a divine avatar whose stats don't matter, but likely has levels in cleric to reinforce the theme.

If real Jesus he didn't exist, much of what is verifiable by archeology and reference to texts other than the bible paints him as a legend crafted by a gentile convert to a Hellenistic Judaic mystery cult, which worshipped a celestial martyr who sacrificed himself in Heaven, to absolve humanity of its sins

but during the harrowing of hell, he's gonna fuck shit up

>That's Gandalf. Unless you're claiming that Jesus is Gandalf, which...I'm actually pretty okay with.
The wizards in Middle Earth are angels, not Jesus. And angels are notoriously hard to kill.

Yes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism_in_Rugrats

Jesus was a bard.

Jesus was an unfocused support Nova that didn't go for the obviously superior toolbox build Quantum Construct.

Depends on the Translation

>Necromancer

Literally raises dead, and promises eternal life

Wasn't it the opposite way?

Jesus? Cleric, Evangelist, and the Risen Martyr Prestige Class

>"If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also"
>Paladin
OP got to be baiting.

Niether because he's not real

T I P S
I
P
S

Divine Avatar with levels in Carpenter

Dudes, he was clearly a Favored Soul.

How has nobody brought up the possibility that he was a (weird home brewed) deity-themed variant Druid who trades in Wildshape and the Animal Companion for a full Caster progression and Domain Spells in particular?

>Wis Based
>More Caster then a Cleric
>No Fighting

I mean, he'd probably only be like level 5 or so...

>probably awful in a fight
he did wreck shit that one time in the temple

carpenter

He did that 'Feign Death' thing he is famous for, animated dead a few times, spent a lot of time arguing with priests, as well as predicted a mass ressurection of everyone and the end of the world. Maybe he was a Necromancer? His symbol is a dead corpse, after all.

He also has that 'eat my flesh and drink my blood' thing going in his ceremonies, link to ghouls and vampirism.

Would you say this partaking of the blood and flesh of Christ is a sacred ritual or simply a display of one's faith?

Divine Soul Sorcerer
youtube.com/watch?v=OhWa-U0a6-g

Actually that's a somewhat paladin like thing to do. It's not about non violence, its about forcing someone to respect you. If someone backhands you (which was the proper way to strike someone below your station), you turn the other cheek and force them to either break protocol and use their left hand, or strike you with the other side of their hand like an equal. A lot of JCs stuff that gets interpreted as goody goody niceness was actually passive aggressive ways to resist Roman mistreatment. Give the shirt off your back or going the extra mile weren't meant to be acts of kindness, they were meant to be going beyond the pale to embarrass the other guy

He did, but flipping tables and smacking around a few commoners doesn't take much combat proficiency

>1 vs a mob
>still won

isnt there roman documents that talk about a certain yeshua of nazareth though?

>Who would win?
>A temple full of beasts and money changers
>One angry son of God

Nope. Nazareth isnt mentioned till the second century at the earliest. This is for a very good reason, the current city is literally the creation of a messianic christos cult that took over a jewish graveyard on the side of a valley, situated between two cities that are actually mentioned in ancient maps. One is ruins you can go visit within Nazareth, and the other is a suburb.

Josephus and Tacitus differ from you. and are sorces taken in account by scholars.

When you take the Theophanies and Revelations into account it would have to be a lot more than just cleric and paladin. DMPC with all stats "I win"

He's a divine avatar.

Nope. Paladins gain their powers from being incredibly holy, and don't even need to necessarily follow a god (except in 4e, which is also the edition where they stopped having to be Good, so they changed their power source from "actually living up to standards of holiness" to "their god/church").

Technically in 3.5 Clerics didn't need to follow a god *either*, as you had "clerics of a cause/philosophy", but it was never really explained how that was supposed to work the way it was with paladins.

>If real Jesus he didn't exist
No matter what you think of his teachings, he did exist. He was a real person.

But clerics wear heavy armor and go around smashing people with maces.

The crucifixion of a Jewish rebel named Yeshua by the Romans in the 1st century is one of the most concretely verified facts in that entire period of history
>If real Jesus he didn't exist

Its one of the peaks of development in history of mankind and yet there are still people dumb enough to fall to zeitgeist memevie

t. watched zeitgeist

Favoured soul. It's a 3.5 class that's basically sorcerer but divine.

5e now too

Yeah, if nothing else the dude was real and had a following. How much we actually know about his teachings and how much is just things added later I don't know, but the guy was definitely a guy

he unce used a whip to smak bitches up

projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/libertad/stats-for-jesus/

>The crucifixion of a Jewish rebel named Yeshua by the Romans in the 1st century is one of the most concretely verified facts in that entire period of history
Jesus is mentioned a few times by roman sources, but there's nothing that speaks about his crucifixion outside Christians themselves - and THOSE sources only speak about it second or third hand, there aren't any that were written by someone who was actually present at the crucifixion.

>If real Jesus
He existed. His existence has been independently verified by multiple sources:

>Virtually all New Testament scholars and Near East historians, applying the standard criteria of historical investigation, find that the historicity of Jesus is effectively certain[4][5][6][7][nb 1][nb 2][nb 3][nb 4] although they differ about the beliefs and teachings of Jesus as well as the accuracy of the details of his life that have been described in the gospels.[nb 5][13][nb 6][15]:168–173 While scholars have criticized Jesus scholarship for religious bias and lack of methodological soundness,[nb 7] with very few exceptions such critics generally do support the historicity of Jesus and reject the Christ myth theory that Jesus never existed.[17][nb 8][19][20][21]

>inb4 hur hur hur wikipedia.

Look, I'm not a Muslim, but I don't go running around denying that Muhammad actually existed. I don't know if you are or not, but you can be an atheist without turning into the equivalent of a moon landing denier.

Godling

>necromancer is a class
>not a type of wizard/cleric

Where did this meme come from?

Cleric, because half the spell list was base on him well before Paladins were even a thing.

Invoker and then Demigod Epic Destiny.