Chapter Strength: Rolled 6 (1d10), Normal Strength
Chapter Relationships: Rolled 72 (1d100), Imperial Guard
Main Enemies: Rolled 91 (1d100), Dark Eldar
Minor Xenos Species: Rolled 82 (1d100), Loxatl

So far the only name suggested has been Death Devourers,

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/273790-the-bc-painters/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ferrovores, maybe, since they're all about the armor. or Steel Jaws.

Iron Devourers would be better, but considering we agreed to roll for it it should stay

I like the idea, but now we gotta figure out Homeworld n shit
Who agreed?

Besides, the Death Devourers lets us pull in that biblical Book of Job shit we were talking about at the end of the last thread. Flesh eating plagues and apocalyptic planar history seems pretty cool to me.

>that desert drab scheme
Fucking top notch, but what the fuck are the kneecaps?

Job 18:13 (KJV) : "It shall devour the strength of his skin: even the firstborn of death shall devour his strength."
That one? aren't we machine eating cannibals?
>tfw not enough iron in diet so we eat the techpriests to kill 2 birds in one stone

I dunno man, didn't want to leave them as white is all, if you've got a better idea feel free to suggest it

Anything but that god awful mustard shit, maybe just the brown that the other parts of his suit are. Fuck it could even be the green and brown checkered

I figured the biblical stuff and post-apocalyptic feral world could work well together. Maybe the homeworld's cultural mythology sees the chapter as the "firstborn of death", giants who appear from the sky and sandstorms and tear apart entire villages, kidnapping some and eating those who stand in their way.

Actually that could be a whole thing with their own mythology, where the initiation rites for the Death Devourers is to sever a limb of an initiate and have them feast upon it, so that they may imbibe all the latent strength their body could posses, while also preparing them for cybernetic modification?

Literally eating babies, gross.

>the Death Devourers is to sever a limb of an initiate and have them feast upon it, so that they may imbibe all the latent strength their body could posses, while also preparing them for cybernetic modification
Yes. So much yes.
>instead of tendies the mechanically augmented NEETs scream for limbies
You've set my mind into writefaggotry

my take on the scheme, ignore the fact it's a primaris it's just the only template I had.
I don't like Death Devourers as a name, the alliteration bothers me. I think Iron Devourers is a better choice

>the DD's
>DD's show up to a Forge World
>DD's start eating the techpriests
>DD GET OUT OF MY LAB
how is this a bad thing m8?

>Figure of legend: Chief Librarian
>Special Restriction: No Librarians

u wot lad

Rather than a limb off an initiate, what if the way initiates finally prove themselves/begin the process of becoming a Marine is a fight to the death, where they have to eat the losers heart, thereby combining the strength of both men

The idea in the last thread was that the Chapter honors the legendary figure by refusing to use any psykers because he blew himself up with his mind or something
Why not make them both eat an artificial limb and whoever finishes last gets eaten by the rest of the Neophytes?

That makes them all the more legendary. A chapter completely without psykers, and they manage to get one who completely BTFO'd a bunch of orks.

My first thought for him is to give him kind of Antlion themes, what with the hungry desert stuff and all, and his legendary deed that probably also led to his death was stopping an Ork invasion by turning an entire desert into a giant whirling maw of glass and sand.

>tfw the Iron Hands successor is so bitter about losing a librarian they don't train them anymore
pottery.

Know what? Im gonna channel some of that good rogue trader era naming convention. here we go.

Rust Eaters
Oxide Sons
Marines Metallic

>Rust Eaters
>Oxide Sons
I like these

his body was lost, so they couldn't remove the geneseed and eat his corpse. Since then none of their initiates have been pyskers. The superstitious chapter believes it's because they lost his essence, which is why they eat all of their dead, so they do not lose anymore great powers.

Every marine has their teeth replaced with adamantine ones. The most common cybernetic enhancement is a cyberjaw or gob. Their traditional weapon is the hook/bone hook.

The chapter believes that what they eat, they take in the knowledge, bravery, and power of. This is somewhat enforced by their own space marine physiology, which lets them absorb memories by eating brains. They've also probably crossed path with Kroot before and nod knowingly.

These marines tend to be somewhat larger, more brutish, and lumpen than most. Some suggest that were gravity higher, the people on this world would have devolved into Ogryns.

The cannibalistic culture comes from living on a desert world where meat and moisture are valuable commodities, so eating the dead of a tribe is normal, as is eating foods raw due to a low amount of fissile materials (wood, coal, etc).

The librarians deed of legend was summoning up a great sand vortex/sink hole, the most dangerous natural hazard on the planet. The massive, churning vortex swallowed the librarian himself and an entire Ork Waagh. It still churns to this day, a great maw of sand endlessly swallowing a valley. The chapter believes the librarian yet lives on inside the maw. Enemies who are not eaten, prisoners, cursed relics, and anything the Marines want to be rid of are thrown into the maw, where they disappear forever, stripped to grit by the endlessly swirling jagged shards of silica

Their traditional weapon is the hooked or gutting knife, an indispensable tool and weapon every tribesman carries. Their own versions are massive, equal in size to a tactical combat knife, with the same razorsharp mono-molecular edge that never dulls

Idea about the desert world: What if the world originally was a forge world, way back in the DAoT, and got immediately fucked the moment that problems started happening. The natural desert retook a majority of the landscape, but for as much sand, there is also rust particles and buried forge-tombs, with huge portions of the planet glassed during the Age of Strife.

Also hell yeah, this is all great.

Despite how base and primitive they seem to be at first glance, the chapter is actually highly advanced technologically, and maintains extensive orbital forges and close ties to Mars befitting successors of the Iron Hands.

Because of this, and the difficult terrain of their homeworld, they maintain a fleet of all terrain and skimmer vehicles. The silica and grit, which gets everywhere and can scrape the finish off a valkyrie in the fast desert winds, makes aerial craft impractical

It is rare for brothers to be interred in dreadnoughts - typically, the honorable dead or crippled are eaten so their strength might rejoin the chapter. A marine in a dreadnought is forever isolated, unable to eat his enemies, and unable to be eaten by his brothers; he adds nothing to the Chapters spirit. Thus in a quite unusual turn, being interred is reserved for those who are dishonored in some way. The entombed brothers are stripped of their names and allowed to wipe away the stain of their dishonor through service. When they finally fall in battle, their sarcophagus is opened and they are consumed by their brothers with full honors.

Idea: the sand/silicae covering the world itself is not natural, it is refined silicae, and is the result of some ancient archaeotech deep within the planet that is manufacturing the dust (broken terraforming? literally global glass factory?). 'Glass Lung' is a common and early cause of death for inhabitants.

Large ancient forge tombs are buried all over the world, and when the sands reveal one the admech descends in a frenzy to study it before the desert reclaims whatever lost secrets are there. The Marines typically function as honor guard on these expedition.

Since we've got a unique organization and don't care about the codex at all I'd like to suggest that usually the chapter travels around in one big horde usually with small scouting/outlier groups out and about in the galaxy.
Also instead of a chapter master and captains there's just like 3-4 'warlords' who're in charge of running things

Would we use the Codes size limit or should we be like BT/Angry Marines? I would think a chapter that places Emprah above all and are psycho technocannibalistic autists wouldn't give a shit about such things, but maybe they just employ their IG allies as serfs and recruits? That and they could wage an eternal crusade against the loxatl, considering no one knows their home planet

This sounds fucking awesome. Would it be too turboautist to add giant Dune Worms as beasts of burden?

Maybe they could have burrowing networks underneath, that way we would have an easy way for them to stay cool and retain secrecy/technology? Maybe some loxatl residences as well to spice things up and as a possible food source

Well, instead of Dune Worms, what about some sort of tunneling vehicles? Admech has those.

Colours proposal - Mechrite Red (body), Bleached Bone (trim), Chaos Black (soft), Burnished Gold (eyes), Desert Sand (robe)

PS: also pitching a name

the Iron Maw

Maybe just some improvised/custom burrowers called Dune Worms or Crawlers, and I like the colors, but maybe invert it so the main color is that sick bleached bone? Maybe have a red cawl too. Iron Maw is pretty neat, but I still think we should stick with Death Devourerers cos we rolled it

I'll do an inverted version after I finish these and then the thread can decide. Didn't know Death Devourers was rolled, go with that then, dice gods spoke

The scout version looks fuckin great. I'm being full autist right now and suggesting bright blue eyes as a mutation and a mild worm piss fetish

>I hate sand. It gets everywhere.jpg

I actually did make his eyes bright blue, though it doesn't show

Will try inverted next. is very good too

Lookin good brosky. Also that other one looks too much like Slywalker fot my taste

I aim to please.
I like these ideas.

I went with bleached bone as primary color and mechrite red for the soft armor/under armor so it would look like exposed muscle. I imagine the Imperial Eagle wings could actually be Rib Bones in their version, like the old Roman execution method where they would split your rib cage open into an aquila

Alternate

I just can't get that aquilla looking good to me

Also, regarding subterranean vehicles!

>Termite - The Termite is used by the Adeptus Mechanicus as a subterranean transport vehicle. The Termite is the smallest of the tunnellers. It carries two squads of Imperial Guard troops and the various Termites are organised into squadrons for tactical purposes. Termite squadrons all use the same tunnel, each following behind the other and branching to the surface only at the last moment. The Termite, the Mole and the Hellbore use a phase-field generator to burrow through the ground, whereas the Hades Breaching Drill uses a more "brute-force" approach that applies physical drills.

>Mole - The Mole is used by the Adeptus Mechanicus as a subterranean transport vehicle, and is the intermediate sized tunneller, carrying a single platoon of Imperial Guard tactical troops. All Moles carry special communications equipment which allows them to relay orders to the troops they carry.

>Hellbore - The Hellbore is the largest of the tunnelling troop transports utilised by the Adeptus Mechanicus known collectively as tunnellers or miners.

This. I like this.
Can you post the link to this site? I've got an idea

Maybe like this?

Negro that is a different red than
looks decent though
What do you think their attitude should be towards the Imperium?

>attitude towards the Imperium?
I mean, so far this chapter sounds like a bunch of recluses, so I think maybe disdainful towards what it's become? That and the fact they munch on people would pretty much make the Imperium currently and all you can eat buffet that has guaranteed food poisoning written all over it

>disdainful
Nah, these guys love the Emprah, so I think they'd at least like the Imperium, considering they get free snacks and brothers from the feral world they live on, it could just be they have a hard time getting into contact with anyone

You don't have to love the Imperium to love the Big E user

>"Venerable Dreadnought Antilochus, where do my little brothers come from?"
>"Ahh, well sit down, Captain, I'll tell you. Now, the way an Astartes is born, at least for us, is we get a strange urge inside. Ancient Terrans who were addicted to strange narcotics once called this "the munchies." Now, when we got these "munchies," we would go down to our home planet, and invite the mortals to dinner."
>"That sounds great Antilochus! What happens next?"
>"Alright alright, be patient. Now when we have our mortals over for dinner, usually a few of them stand out amidst the screams... of delight at being invited to dinner with the chapter of course. Now these little ones are so nice thay eventually they give us a really nice meal, and if it's very tasty, they become one of us after only twenty years!"
>"Well gosh Antilochus! That sounds like a great time! Oh man, my stomach is making funny noises now! What does that mean uncle A? Does that mean I have the munchies too?"
>"ha ha ha, yes, my little captain. Yes it does. What say you and I go have the mortals of our world over for dinner?"
>"oh gee uncle A! Do ya mean it?"
>"I sure do, kiddo. I sure do."

While its funny, I think we can go down an even more exciting road considering their parent chapter.

As a spin on cannabalism, instead of eating other people, or their fallen, they eat themselves. Thats right. Themselves. Each good battle, each victory worthy of note, they replace a small part of their flesh with cybernetics, and consume their own discarded flesh. By small, I mean something like a finger, slowly working the way up to a full arm, etc.

I suppose you could stack that on top of everything else too.

They might be horrifying under their armor, well to everyone but the admech, who would recognize a good servant of the machine. I'm talking no vocalization available, instead of rolling with librarians they have excess tech marines. Mouths are full of cutting tools and rotary drums for grinding ceramite and bone, essentially a servo skull with flesh on it for a head.

why not other loyalists? Anyone got a hankering for the rest of the Inceptors?
In all seriousness, I don't think they should solely eat themselves, only in times of starvation as a survival technique, and each squad divides themselves amongst themselves in order to make reasonable rations for a little while

cybernetics are too rare to justify. Lets not meme ourselves into a corner. Cannibalism is a PART of them, but lets not turn ourselves into the Space Wolves of eating people.

Limit it to dead brethren, and the hearts of their enemies, says I

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/273790-the-bc-painters/

Agreed with dead brethren, but dismembered enemy limbs would also make for a succulent morsel. and they should be capable of making their own cybernetics since they're scions and make their own shit anyway

I think playing up the desert scavenger mad max stuff should be the way to go. Maybe sandstorm generators attached to large craft to mask their presence on their homeworld when they go to pick up recruits?

If color suggestions are still up for Death Devourers heres my take