Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Actual Dorfs Edition

Previous Thread: Discussion: Never trust a Stormcast.
malignportents.com/story/story-two/

Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t09fu880d90
youtube.com/watch?v=4ahHWROn8M0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First we phase out the Dispossessed from /aosg/, then we phase them out of AoS.

What are you working on /aosg/?

I am starting to work on the Longbeards for my DOA Dispossessed army.

Beastclaw Raiders and soon to be Seraphon.

Also if anyone could give me guidance on how to paint the flat fucking panels on Frost Sabres so that they turn out like GW's I'd be grateful.

Reposting from the dead thread.

How's this look for a starting up slayer list?

Allegiance: Fyreslayers
Auric Runefather (80)
- General
- Trait: Fury of the Fyreslayers
- Artefact: Obsidian Coronet
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Runic Iron
Auric Runesmiter on Magmadroth (200)
- Forge Key
30 x Vulkite Berzerkers (330)
- War-Picks & Slingshields
10 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (200)
- Poleaxes
5 x Auric Hearthguard (100)

Total: 990 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 68

I can get most of the models out of the Fyreslayer Army deal, and then just get two more Vulkite boxes and one more Hearthguard boxes. Grab the Doomseeker model for my Runesmiter on foot with the Iron. Basically identical.

Admittedly this sounds kinda expensive, but i've been told Fyreslayers aren't exactly cheap to start up. Is $300 bucks around normal for an 1000pt list or no?

What the hell do I do to get to 2000? More magmadroths? Forge brethren battalion?

Building some Spirit Hosts. On the third right now.

11/10 weapon design. Wooden Axe.

It's obsidian.
youtube.com/watch?v=t09fu880d90

Figuring out a ww1 color scheme for my Kharadron.

Drabs, Forest greens, brass and the like.

Are soul grinders worth the points? How good are they? I cant decide if I should include them in my Khorne list

Wr, you are gay, so I guess money isn't a problem when you have to buy new dragon dildo.

>Obsidian

More like brownish magical metal (or wood), probably the worst color to depict a weapon.

Still the design of the ax head is pretty bad, The normal Berzerker have a decent ax design, The Grimwrath ax had too many curve and no visible edge, make it look weak.

How does that ax work if you hit them with the lower half?

True Dawi!

It would still hurt. I mean, it'd be more a club but yes, it'd work

It looks like it could hook you shoulder or neck and wreck your shit

Aye

Runesmiter on Magmadroth is shit, replace with a Runeson on Magmadroth.
At 2k I'd recommend two more mounted Runesons, another unit of Vulkites and upping the Auric Hearthguard to 10 dorfs.

>shoulder or neck
You realize you are talking about dwarves right?
They hit quite a bit lower. I'd expect dwarves to hack away at knees, groins or bellies most of the time.

Are you forgetting that the middle bit is hollow and full of fire? A blunt portion of the blade is the least of that weapon's issues.

nobody cares about your bitter alcoholic midget faction.

Kharadron are the least Brainlet of all dwarf factions

If you don't care why are you posting at us you fucking brainlet

>he's never heard of triple dawi tower of power

Lmao beardlings

Ah, most places I've seen say Magmasmiters are the best since they're only 200pts and the whole 're-roll wounds' part. I'm guessing you put javelins on the runeson and chuck him at meaty targets? And so my 1000pt list would be the Runeson and which: a Runesmiter, or a Footfather? Either put me at 950.

Does anyone know of a good way to make a cloak or cape type thing that looks like it's made out of leaves/ vines/ plant matter that's treelord sized?

Question: In that new video, they don't mention the God Beasts. Have they been retconned?

Which video?

The one explaining how the realms worked. The God Beasts were supposed to play a part in the formation of the landmasses in the realms but they never got mentioned.

>full of fire

Now that's just fucking stupid. If you're going to have flaming weapons, the flaming bit should be the edge surely. . .

Welcome to the autism that is AoS

Age of Sigmar Soundtack time!
What music best fits the armies of Age of Sigmar?

Dispossessed: youtube.com/watch?v=4ahHWROn8M0

What the fuck does a flaming weapon do anyway?

Fire doesn't leap from place to place like electricity, and hitting a target with a torch is not likely to set them on fire unless its distributing some sort of flammable material which can attach to the target.

Imagine getting hit with a searing hot pan but its sharp.

Yeah I imagine the sharpness and the mass will be what matters . . . (just because you can cook a steak with it doesn't mean the heat will carry through a gambeson or armour).

Fuck imagine what else you could do with it?

It all honestly it could be used as a psychological weapon as well.

I prob should have posted the one that does not have the hounds cleaving the guy in two.

Cauterize wounds and melting or deform armour I assume, if it's hot enough.

Why attach flails to your axes or wield a halberd weapon that's 3 times taller than you it's what I ask?

How do people even fight with axes?

Brute force.

So this is what I came up with. Think it looks pretty good. Son's command ability is better than the Father's for sure.

Now to think of a realm they live in. Any bright ideas that isn't just 'Fire'?

Would help if i posted the list

Allegiance: Fyreslayers
Auric Runeson on Magmadroth (240)
- General
- Ancestral War-axe
- Trait: Fury of the Fyreslayers
- Artefact: Obsidian Coronet
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
30 x Vulkite Berzerkers (330)
- War-Picks & Slingshields
10 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (200)
- Poleaxes
5 x Auric Hearthguard (100)

Total: 950 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 62

After participating in an axe throwing competition i respected the axe as a weapon.

Who even throws his fucking shield?

Dwarfs really are the Mexicans of aos. Not only are they only good as servants to actual factions, mainly as builders, but nobody wants you here.

Plus, their the fallen and pathetic remnants of what was once a mighty and respected faction until they got fucked into irrelevance by a Brit.

Therese some fluff in their battletomes about some fyreslayers that live in the realm of life and use Tree sap to make their Mohawks.

what the fuck is going on with these miniatures?

They look like absolute dogshit.

I fucking tried to like at least one thing at the Games Workshop by my house. I bought 8th edition 40k starter box.. its all crap.

im old and gay I guess. Just went and bought more 1989 vintage metals and dusted off my 2ed 40k and my rogue trader book. "flat panels"

digital sculpting figures to make injection molds easier and cheaper to make.

gay as fuck

Fyrefaggots

>Now to think of a realm they live in. Any bright ideas that isn't just 'Fire'?
Chinese hotsprings of death on the verdant pillar mountains: the lands
now with 20% more access to the sea and with geyser-powered forges.

Captain America?

Yeah I was actually thinking of Life for their realm. Color their weapons a shiny jade color. Dunno where the hell wood would fit but Ironbark is a thing right? Hm. What would their hair color be?

Very low quality post

There is a nice jade guide in the "How to paint Lizardmen" on a saurus guard alternative scheme.

Temple guard blue, Coelia greenshade and then drybrush/highlight/random lines with Ulthuan grey.

Black with occasional violet strands for contrast to green?

DAWI

Does the Slaughterbrute only come with the one pose?
If so, any alternative models for running multiples?

I'll keep that in mind. Very nice.

Hmm maybe. So jade weapons, wooden hafts with dark gold detailing. Blackish purple hair.

Skin color? I could have them so they're a force that broke off of another shard of Fyreslayers from the realm of Shadow and paint them with grey skin. I think that might look kinda cool.

What do you guys think of using non-magmadroth models for their magmadroths? Like, an Arachnarok or Alarielle's bigass beetle maybe? That's more Ghyran centric, I think.

That's where my Dispossessed are from.

Which Death army will you play?

Nagash Soup
Neferata Soup
Arkhan the Black Soup
Mannfred the Hack Soup
Generico the Skeleton Soup

Sorry, Thunderhawk blue, temple guard.

>tfw potato soulblights elite dish

I really hope the Dark Elves get this treatment, having my cold one knights, assassins, and regular troops in three different armies sucks ass.

>the Soulblight fuckers get a fucking mention and new rules in LoN

Oh I was gonna go something even brighter than that, but that's a good baseline to go from for sure.

Looks like wetblending between ulthuan gray and fenrisian gray, or something like that. Look up some tutorials for wetblending user.

>Not having your Dawi be from the legedary lost hold of Karak Zorn

Its like you guys arent even trying?

Draka Drak is the only hold i can respect, based on Total War experiences.

Damn I love the idea of jade weapons on the lizards. Might have to borrow that idea and scheme for my new ones! :3

Kraka Drak is best mod. Hard Mode to redefine the term, but best mod

But user, it was destroyed when the fucking world blew up.

Bah! Sounds like elf talk to me! As if it were the first time beardlings ran around saying "ooooooh, but it's gone forever!" A true Dawi would never let a trifle like the end of the world stop them.

This is the kind of Dwarf posting we need.

>implying dwarven work could just blow up
there's a reason it's called hold; it means it's still holding its pieces together, somewhere.

Or how about

GW releases a mixed army battletome AND fleshes out the smaller factions with more models and their own books as well

Everyone wins

It's crazy how gimped you are as khorne if you choose not to take the Gore Pilgrims battalion. Shit is so good.

Just have it so my throng got warp sphinctered on their way to the southern warp gate to kick some demon ass during the end times and wham! I got my old Dawi still.

Fuck you GW.

ive seen some nurgle leaks, any battallions revealed yet?
i also have no nurgle reaction faces

Shave your fucking beards, manlets.

No, I said the TRUE Dawi.

>pic

Perfection.

>dawi zharr

>chaos
>true

DWARVES/DAWI/DUARDIN/MANLETS ARE FUCKING SHIT

You mean like... Having an army called the Dark elves?
Fucking this

KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK KAZUK

Would any redsharts or storekin get into a tizzy over me painting my Beastclaw Raiders with a more temperate colour scheme? I'm opting for basing them with Martian Ironearth, and using loads of warmer colours.

No one cares how you paint your dudes.

Good, then I will proceed with my plans.

They're propably ok with it as long as you use the Games Workshop Horsehair Finebrush alongside Games Workshop Octagonal Modelholder and paint it using Games Workshop Truelike Warriorpaints

>your BCR army is so fast, they actually adapt to the climate of their jungle environment before the frost curse hits them

There you go

Zhufbar's people made it through the end times, so anything is possible.

You have no power here during REAL DAWI HOURS.

>Auric Runeson on Magmadroth
>General
No. Bad. Abort.
Take a Runefather on foot as your general. Always. He's too good not to take and most of the reason we can get away with 30 dudes in a unit despite shitty 1" range weapons. And once you do, give him the Obsidian Coronet, that one is also more or less mandatory.
Ditch five Hearthguard if you must.
Magmadroths are your cavalry and distraction. Never make them anything but expendable. Don't waste relics on them unless you have a surplus of them and never, ever make them your general.

>javelins on the runeson
No, the javelins are a trap. You want the Magmadroth in melee asap and the axe is strictly better there.
If you want to use the javelins take a Runeson on foot and give him the relic throwing axe to double up on ranged damage while having him take cover behind another unit. It's not perfect, but it's probably the only way to use the javelin guy in anything resembling a constructive manner.

Is there any reason not to take two handed weapons and shields on Dispossessed troops?

Nope. Unless you wanna hit better and off set the wounding with a warden king.

Never used that. I'm currently running a Skarsnik campaign, migrating up there at the start. The goal was to make Kraka Drak and Hellpit my income base, but I got distracted by Erengrad on the way and took that instead. Erengrad + Hellpit + Kraka Drak should be a solid defendable money factory, safe from my main enemies (I'll ally with Chaos).

post em lad, here are mine.

EVERY race basically made it through the endtimes though. Its all still in the game. Even goblins and beastmen and all the low-intelligence races managed to migrate through space to a new world.

except lizards, they all ded, for reasons