/swg/ Shipping and Commerce Edition

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

T55b: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Legion battlefield setup preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/5/battlefield-recon/

Armada MC75 Profundity preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/3/profundity/
Armada Chimaera Imperial Star Destroyer preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/8/chimaera/

Australia's distributor has Legion in stock. What does that say about the likely release date?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1taT9gkyI9AD8YbRLRhkhh5FLWA-56kz5A71hC5yDyjU/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah well at Endor Wedge Antilles gets a clean tracking kill on a TIE Interceptor. Not an LN, a fucking Interceptor.

They're using some old ass ships to move 'em.

What's the point of Armada and Xwing if the ships are not to scale?

Is anyone really fooled by what FFG says?

Same question here, just had to ask it right as the thread ended didn't I.

planning on getting the MC 75 for armada
what should i learn about it before i pre-order it?
people in the other thread recommend to use it like an MC80

What did he mean by this?

Actually your question made me realize the thread was about to end (page 10), didn't want you to be lost in the void between threads if it took somebody an hour to re-up

That was specifically for a fleet where you had one MC80 and one MC75. That'll act mostly like a 2x MC80 fleet.

It's real different from an MC80 normally. Flies like a Star Destroyer, dice all over, loads of upgrade slots, weak defense tokens but good HP.

essential stuff
how do the dice work
how does combat work
how does skills work
what are the important words

stuff thats nice to know
most statistics
what star wars is
a lot of non-combat stuff

> I'm worried I'll break game balance with XP rewards
balance goes out the window at 300-400xp, but game says 5xp per mission is recommended

>or with how I'll set up enemies.
B1s for easy fights, most die in one hit from a rifle, and you can find their stats in EotE

B2s for a challenge, if they are anything like a stormtrooper then a squad of 4 will wipe a party if they arent ready
no official stats, so ask around

droideka for a real boss
in canon, they can force superior numbers of clones or even an equal number of jedi back
with no hope of winning, you can make it into a puzzle boss like "drop rocks to bypass shield" to teach your players that there are alternatives to fighting
go ask around for stats, there arent any official ones to my knowledge

I find than Battle star galactica colonial space ships and rendili aesthetics mesh well together, perhaps I will homebrew some minor battle stars for some d6 game as local fleets.
>Tfw when not Scum/regional fleets for Armada.
It hurts but I know they can do like with x-wing.

Huh. So he does. And that TIE/IN wasn't already on somebody else either. That said, this is still Wedge Antilles at the height of his canon skill, so what this honestly says about the X-Wing...I dunno.

Is "sith" a race or a job?

Sith in EU where a race, the lores of the Sith was the job.

Both.

A race, culture and religion. The latter is overused but the other 2 are the coolest fucking things in Star Wars.

Both. Pureblood Sith were a race back in the Old Republic Era. They eventually got bred out fo existence and the moniker "Sith" got transferred to generic dark side users instead of a race that had a affinity for the dark side

So the race part is now fanfic, and the job part is Disney's corporate truth that we will see in all future SW stuff?

This has been going on before Disney though, you dingus

>Tfw when not Scum/regional fleets for Armada.
>It hurts but I know they can do like with x-wing
It's a factor of sales. Adding scum means adding an entire development, production, and logistics line to the two existing factions (or else slowing those two down and alienating all your existing players).

X-Wing exploded in popularity and still only has 3 factions.

Job was the original canon, then it was expanded into "well, it used to be a race", then that was retracted.

Vader was a sith and Luke wasn't, so...

>Vader was a sith

No, he was a Jedi, that switched sides. He didn't do the Sith initiation shit. He is a traitor Jedi.

Dark Jedi>Sith

>Dark Lord of the Sith

I'm going purely off the OT here, user; Vader was referred to as a Sith in the officially published screenplay

>the wiki said so!
Use your senses, you know this to be false.
He wasn't raised the way a sith is raised, he didn't act in pursuit of power, he was not a sith. He was a jedi that got vassalized by a sith.

Official Star Wars games sanction Wookieepedia, you dipshit.

And just because he wasn't born into it doesn't mean he's not. He was given the title of Darth, a Sith title.

For most of both orders' history, the Sith recruited most of their members from Jedi or people who had once been Jedi. Being raised as a Sith is no requirement for becoming one later within your lifetime.
Palpatine himself only became a Sith after he met Plagueis while he studied at Theed University.

FUCKING RESURGENCE AND RADDUS CLASS FOR ARMADA WHEN?

>Darth, a Sith title
Actually the title of Darth is not an ethnic Sith title, the proper name would be Jen'ari.

>Darth fucking Vader isn't a Sith
I'm not sure what you're on but you've had too much.

>FUCKING RESURGENCE
twice the size of an ISD?
that thing will be an insane thing to price in dollars
not to mention say goodbye to your fleet, this thing looks like it will be the fleet

> RADDUS CLASS
im down for that, give the rebels yet another doom pickle

They could do one the same or slightly larger than an ISD and it'd be fine.
The game already uses a sliding scale.

We should be due for wave 8 announcement in a month or two.

>Raddus
>3500m long behemoth
>54 weapon emplacements

>Resurgent-class
>3000m long juggernaut
>more than 1500 weapon emplacements

Why can't Star Wars authors into scale? Do they ever even read the stats of other ships before they make up their stupid fucking numbers?

What other Rpg/games/series whatever Stars ships do you steal for you games Veeky Forums?

Maybe the resurgent has around 100 'good' emplacements, and the rest are just random crewmembers given a rifle and kicked out the airlock with a tether.

soon

Clone Wars expansion for Armada when?

The Sith being a race was a retarded idea and I'm glad its gone.

so this is what I've got for a homebrew so far

docs.google.com/document/d/1taT9gkyI9AD8YbRLRhkhh5FLWA-56kz5A71hC5yDyjU/edit?usp=sharing

its mostly cannibalized from X-wing TMG rules with some other stuff thrown in

thoughts?

I can't believe there's someone with taste this shit.

This. A Force User with Sith powers is fine, even if he's a dick. An actual Sith though is a chaotic edgelord.

X-Wing is the higher selling system, if something's gonna have more factions it's that.

Asking again-

I'm trying to make a full art X-wing card of the Rho Squadron Veteran. Would someone be able to help me find this image in a better size? All I can find it under is the wiki page for Rho squadron, but it uad to have came from somewhere.

Remember kids always sign #euiscanon when tweeting at Pablo Hidalgo

I keep forgetting to attach.

EU is less ridiculous than Nu canon.

depend on which part you take from

That's the good part, though.

Is that Leia using the force to shoot laser beams out of her eyes?

That's a droid made to look like Leia.

Both, you can be a Sith lord as an evil force user or you can be an ethnic Sith, you can also be both.

Not sure if that's better or worse.

EU is silly

What I'd change about the Sequels

>The New Republic are anti-villains, think the British in Pirates of the Caribbean
>Old Imperials have found themselves in positions of war in it
>they use 'nicer' Imperial tech, things like this and the Nebula-class from Legends
>The bad guys are a dark force cult, maybe even Sith
>they use really old gear, like CIS and Old Republic (Lucrehulks and Venators) and act as an insurgency force
>Fighting them is a private military force ran by Leia who alongside Luke sees the threat seriously
>Poe is a pilot in this private military, Rey is already a Jedi in Luke's Order, Finn is in the New Republic and sometimes helps out the good guys against the bad guys

Prove me wrong.

I still find it funny how this thing reminds me more of a star wars ship than a star trek ship.

Looks oddly like a MonCal-Kuat hybrid.

Still less ridiculous than the Empire and the Alliance both deinflate so the new (but even more shitty some how) resistence and FO donut steel factions can recreate the empire vs the rebels, again, even more ridiculous with extra Big and nonsenical space ships for the first order or the even more rag tag Resitence, than is down to 20 or so members (and not an ally in sight). Like the Jedi New order, puff it doesn't exist anymore. Or thirty years with NOTHING happening apart of some minor skirmishes. Your example is one obscure comic than afects no one, the later are the Big movies than should have started a new wave of shit coming based on it like with the prequels.

Battlestars. They work perfectly as Rendili-designed ships.

if you haven't written an entire screenplay, your sequel idea doesn't matter

(it doesn't matter either way, but at least if you've written a 90-120 page script I can read it and laugh at or praise you)

Here you can see it with its unaltered hull materials on.

its almost like average viewers dont care about the political situation, and how real or unrealistic the disarmament program was

and i will take emprie vs rebels again over the vong

I went to the cinema with the most normiest of normies possible. They all fucking hated TLJ for not explaining what the fuck all that shit was in TFA and also about how they're doing Rebels vs Empire again.

Without me saying a word or revealing my powerlevel at all.

>they use really old gear, like CIS and Old Republic (Lucrehulks and Venators) and act as an insurgency force
Or they could actually come up with something new and add to the setting.

>I went to the cinema with the most normiest of normies possible. Rebels vs Empire again.
the ones i went to mostly loved it, so there is some level of disconnect between the people in our cinemas

The vong at least shaked things up, and only afect part of the time line. They where out of tone and made in a shitty way, and destroyed too much shit with they fuckery, at least was something new.

>that bulge

Is this dumber than a planet sized gun?
Or that when the first one didn't work, you start building a second?
Or that when your organization was destroyed, and you are a small force desperate for unity, you start building a third, this time inside a planet?

I take it you're American.

>at least was something new.
still from the depths of hell that even the prequels would consider shameful territory

People have lots of different opionions about the films. My cousins, than are more normie than me but still with a respetable power level, one hated more than me the movie, other was meh, and the other was in the good but flawed side.

For me TFA got mixed reactions, but everyone universally hated TLJ.

What I'd change about the sequels:
>decide if you are a grown up movie about space geopolitics or a kids movie about space wizards
>go full on whichever you decided, so at least you have an audience

In my one people were pretty on board with TLJ. They laughed at most of the jokes and more or less went exactly where the movie wanted them to go.

PLAY DESTINY

>What's the point of Armada and Xwing if the ships are not to scale?

The point is to play a game

He's neither.

He was a jedi who believed he was doing the right thing at the time and by the time he began to question what he was actually doing he was way WAY too deep to go back.
Once he calmed the fuck down and realized what exactly he'd been doing he saw the only thing he could do was damage control. Palpatine held literally all the cards by that point. Even his cyborg body was designed in such a way to make him vulnerable to Palpatine should the need arise.

I'd love to. It's a fun game, shame no one plays it.

I'm just glad I have a locals for it. TTS has been great so far for testing my dumb ideas

The Quarrians did space ships too no? I can see a mix of Separatist remnants and Rebel hard liners using ships like this as a splinter New Republic faction.

Would they use red or green lasers?

Blue.
Cute ship.

PLAY ARMADA

please

how many people play armada?

Lucky. I wanna buy the Boba Fett starter deck but I can't justify the purchase when there's like one person locally who plays it.

I see you are a man of taste as well. Rendili best ship maker.
I-is rendili still canon?

I've got a pretty healthy local scene.

I'd put Armada in tier 2, where tier 1 is X-Wing or 40k, and tier 3 is, like Battletech or Infinity, and tier 4 is like Guildball or Frostgrave or Firestorm Armada.

>all these games
>own FLGS only has Magic and 40k

You lucky son of a bitch.

My LGS covers a ton of stuff. They just make things biweekly or monthly

Tier 1 is tier 1.

I've only ever seen as far down as tier 3 played locally, and only on occasion.

My FLGS are card games (Magic, Yugioh, Pokémon, Destiny, a few others) and 40k, followed by X-Wing, and then Armada. I think some people somewhere play WM/H, too. I've seen the Battletech guys once or twice, and I assume it's been the same group of players for 20 years or whatever.

Anything else I seek out or organize on my own.

I do have, like, 6 FLGS within an hour of me. But they're all in the suburbs and annoying to get to (far from highways), so they splinter the playerbase real hard.

I'm situated kinda between Cleveland and Akron, Ohio, so rents are cheap and there's nothing for people to do even if they drive downtown.

That's Wedge Antilles.

According to both Legends and NuEU he is a Sith Lord. His naming ceremony was his initiation at least from the perspective of the Legends novelization. And of course in the first NuEU Vader comic, Palpatine regards him as his Sith apprentice.

He's a sith user, idk what you're on about

>a Sith Lord
A Sith Lord?

This but unironically

Big Mando tits?

But it isn't. Sith have the same backstory as they do in Legends.

But your Mandalore is flat.
FLAT
L
A
T

Is it wrong if I want to use this as an Imperial improvement on the ARC-170? This being something from a thousand years in the past REALLY doesn't make sense to me and you just KNOW they wanted an ARC-170 ripoff so the Republic looks familiar to normies.

Take it to /co/, you two.

Is there anywhere else to get Oggdude' s character generator? Or does anyone know when his download cycle restarts? The link in the FFG forums is fucked.

Is this Clone Wars?
I still haven't seen any, is it very childish and silly or does it at least pretend to be serious?

Does anything in Episodes 1 or 2 matter? At all?

If the story had started at Episode 3, the Clone Wars in full tilt and Obi-Wan losing control over his Padawan's darker impusles, would anything have been confusing?

So? Smol chest is best chest, especially on tomboys