Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1988: NisiOisiN Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dFUlAQZB9Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=nc8DbehPwXU
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56386178/#56389216
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>OP
Emphasize the palindrome!

How fucked would you be if you were to fight a Grail War where the strongest heroes and villains of past settings were to come as Servants?

That depends on how far along you chain you are and what jumps you been to, user. It can vary massively depending.

Caster Nyarlethotep
Berserker Khorne
Lancer Reinhard

I think the setting would be fucked, including myself, the moment Berserker "Vortex Blaster" Demonbane pops out.

>Caster Nyarlathotep
>not Foreigner

That seems the kind of bullshit that would collapse vs battles forums
Now give me the rest

Ruler Mab. Who really hates Outsiders attempting to enter the War (or reality.)

>Saber Demonbane
>Lancer Zeus
>Archer Reinhard
>Caster Bernkastel
>Berserker Khorne
>Rider The Doctor
>Assassin Nyarlathotep

>How fucked would you be
I'm pretty far along in my chain so I think I'd be oka-
>where the strongest heroes
>heroes
>tfw I gave all the heroes I liked and became friends with super powers up to, but not limited to, Magical Super Sentai Saiyan Kryptonian Kamen Mecha Pilot Super Heroes.
...so this is what it feels like to dig your own grave.

But did you give them the magic graphical UNIX system that controlled Jurassic Park?

Bravoman
Henshin Hero-300
Stretch It out and Bring the Fight! free for Henshin Hero
I Believe it’s Destiny!-300 discount for Henshin Hero such a wonderful toolbox of metanarrative manipulation,
400 CP into 200 PP
A Bird!A Plane!-200 PP considering my ludicrous running speed this is pretty cool
we heart Katamari!-300 PP I am now a Duke of all cosmos apparently according to the jump maker
vehicle transformation: import EA: sword of rupture warcar-250 PP massive destruction from the best ram ever.
Wagan Shout!-50 this is decent and will synergize nicely with my Scythrophone
the plan: there's been something I've been meaning to do, something I thought would have to wait for postspark when I could return to borderlands, something only a God of time access to both dimensional travel and the ability to manipulate the metanarrative could ever possibly Do something necessary to ensure the existence of my grandson. I pull myself from the panel using my health and shield bars as a ladder and step out onto the great field of pages stretching endlessly before and after me, I begin running to the right, all the way back to Pandora there utilizing my ability to move within time stops I keep going backward to the moment before TJ first met Tina, then tugging slightly on the skin of the bow and arrow tattoo on my wrist I commit what is known as offense code 2.2.5 to the protectors of plot continuum ,just as they make eye contact, binding their destinies together and ensuring the present. Still There is so much work to be done, so many times I should have failed and fallen so many times I got something wrong. the next decade is spent doing nothing more than ensuring my current timeline, curing my epilepsy in Pokémon, debuffing my opponents in lucha underground, mana draining my opponents at key times to prevent them from using their noble phantasms in the earlier fate jumps, my chain happens because I have happened and I have ensured that it will always happen.

>Data Integration Thought Collection System [600]:
>An ‘upgrade’ to your own mind. A variant of the DITE which render assistance to yourself, though they can't affect the world directly it can observe the world through you and the local area, but that can help gather information and give advice using the accumulated data. This accounts for data that you personally observe as well as the DITCS’ observations as well.
What does this actually do?

>magic graphical UNIX system that controlled Jurassic Park

¿Que?

Sounds like it monitors your surroundings and then advises you based on what it learns, like a second opinion or set of eyes backing you up at all times.

How's that underdark jump coming along?

youtube.com/watch?v=dFUlAQZB9Ng
SGI's IRIX 3d file browser. Looked pretty. Not all that efficient for use though.

I don't have enough jumps under my belt for a full War yet. The only one so far would be:

>Caster Diantha

No cultivators because that'd just make it a Xianxia death battle. Going for an Apocryphia style war with Heroes and Villains as separate teams, each trying to kill me and the other team.
>Ruler Decade
Team Heroes
>Saber Ichigo
>Archer Oliver Queen (arrowverse)
>Lancer Goku (adult end of DB, before Z)
>Rider Domon
>Caster Sasuke
>Assassin Kylar Stern
>Berserker Revan
Team Villains
>Saber Aizen
>Archer Diend
>Lancer Lu Bu
>Rider Full Frontal
>Caster Sheev
>Assassin Eobard Thawne (arrowverse)
>Berserker Uchiha Madara I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara...

I know I won't win, I just want to try and take out as many as possible.

>>Lancer Lu Bu
I hope this is from a franchise where Lu Bu isn't just overhyped

>On the Subject of the Data Integration Thought Collection System:
>It acts as a booster to your ability to process data as well as a support network for you when you need to manipulate the data. In addition, it’s own senses are able to observe and collect data on the sub-atomic movements in it’s local sphere of influence, an approximately 75 to 100 Km wide sphere. Though it only reports things that you ask for.
Does no one read the notes that some Jumpmakers put down on stupidly complex settings? Am I the only guy who looks for these kinds of things?

>from a franchise where Lu Bu isn't just overhyped
Warriors Orochi. He will betray everyone and grow more powerful because of it.

Man kamen rider noodle heisei is weird.

Unfortunately, due to having only 14 Jumps in my chain so far- and some of them not really fitting the prompt- I had to double up on setting representation in some cases. Assuming two of each normal class and one each of Ruler and Avenger:

Hero/Villain:
Saber- Ciri/Jetstream Sam
Archer- Jack Marston/Albert Wesker
Lancer- The Chosen One (alternatively: Phyrra Nikkos)/Cinder Fall
Rider- Leon Kennedy/Jack-of-Smiles
Caster- Elizabeth/Professor Fulmigati
Assassin- Solid Snake/T-1000
Berserker- Doom Marine/Frank Horrigan
Ruler- Abraham Van Helsing
Avenger- The Good Hunter

I'm not sure who I'd end up summoning, but the real question is who would be the obligatory Saberface.

>spoiler
That would obviously be Frank Horrigan. Because it's a hilarious thought.

>Doom Marine takes off their helmet
>saberface.jpg

>spoiler
Pyrrha, duh

Those are both great ideas. I think I'm leaning towards Doom Marine, even though the idea of The Chosen One and Saberface Frank Horrigan meeting is a funny one.

The creator Chang'd his mind about doing it.

The hell am I seeing here?

a Japanese commercial youtube.com/watch?v=nc8DbehPwXU

Not that great. Real life's been all over the place for me this week so I'm having to concentrate on other things. Hopefully things will stabilize soon, but I might end up with less time to work in Jumpchain stuff overall.

I did say I wouldn't work fast. Please accept fluffy pancakes as an apology.

Anything you want to buy jumper but you just feel it would be too embarrassing or too much of a hassle? Either in jump with cp or irl?

Need restaurant to another world jump so bad.

Companions. I always want but never buy them.

Yes. Yes we do.

There's a nearly complete WIP floating around somewhere that the creator said someone else could finish if he didn't come back to it.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56386178/#56389216

Yup. That's it.

Reminder that OAA has left and WoW Jump is up for grabs.

WoW is a huge undertaking though and nobody can be bothered.

>OAA has left
I understand that he's probbaly in a huff, but left, did he actually say that?

Bar Red, I don't think anyone else could do it justice.

He said he'd continue working on it, but wouldn't post any more WIPs until he had a version he felt was ready to submit for final criticism.

Make of that what you will.

I don't see anything in that to suggest that he left. It's nice to know it's still being worked on.

Anyone would do a better job than OAA and be faster at making it to boot. How long it's been? A year? More? Since he made the claim.

OAA hasn't always comported himself with a lot of dignity but he generally makes a very good jump. What don't you like about them?

>Since he made the claim.
When was the last WIP?

According to the post above, probably mid November

>he generally makes a very good jump
What jumps has he made?

>Not a body pillow of Arturia
Urgh.

Arturia is bland.

None worth mentioning.

Hey OAA. How are you?

You just made me think about how companions would react to discovering Jumpers owning products based off of them such as your pic and figurines.

...my jumper might end up burning his hard drive when he returns home.

Sometimes you just need vanilla, user.

He did Van Helsing which is great. I mean if you want to see what a trainwreck a campy vampire movie jump can end up like look at Underworld.

There are others but I'm not very good at remembering who did what.

>OAA hasn't always comported himself with a lot of dignity
Well, that's an understatement. Were you there when he tried to get into a stupid popularity contest, or whatever you'd call what he was trying to do, with Val. He ended up leaving in a massive huff. It was hilarious.

If Artoria is plane Vanilla, does that make Artoria Lancer Vanilla Bean?

>He did Van Helsing which is grea
I can't say I agree with you user. It was kind of average as jumps go. Not bad, but not steller either.

This has gotten worse than Dirgeposting ever got. I mean, come on, guys. Really? How long do you intend to go on like this?

Didn't he also do Starcraft Zerg?
That jump got me addicted to genetic manipulation perks.

Who's Dirge?

They'll keep going until either OAA leaves due to abuse, or they find a new target out of sheer boredom. They keep doing this because they keep getting (you)s.

Now that was a good jump. I really liked that one.
If OAA made that he deserves some kudos.
Although I'm a real fan of Starcraft and the Zerg so I may be biased when I say that.

t OAA
>Stop being mean to me guys.
>By mentioning stupid things I did and not oving all my jumps without expection you're just like dirgeposting at me!

yes and it makes Santa Alter vanilla mint hot chocolate.

Just did a quick check.
It says he worked on it, but I can't be certain it wasn't a pod person disguised as him trying to get our guard down to prepare for their invasion.

Here's a (you) for you.

You guys are making my mouth water.
Anyone who thinks Vanilla is bland hasn't has real vanilla. It's just lovely.

>It says he worked on it, but I can't be certain it wasn't a pod person disguised as him trying to get our guard down to prepare for their invasion.
I... did not realise that was a possibility in the first place.
Pod!OAA come in! They're on to us. Abort! Abort!

Vanilla is probably my favorite ice cream flavor and people always look at me weird for it.

Oh yeah that was him too. Also a really good one. I mean I think he tends to be an ass in thread and he seems to fly off the handle with the slightest thing but it's funny that whenever a conversation like this comes up nobody really has a valid criticism against the jumps themselves. I mean even this:

just calls Van Helsing average which is obviously bullshit due to the sheer amount of total trainwrecks in the drive. There's always neat options, I love that brick that turns into a castle from Van Helsing and a lot of the perks are a lot of fun. The Zerg has a good amount of options, is fairly succinct and the options themselves are generally very appealing. It's not a coincidence that two of his jumps have been imaged by other people and that wouldn't have happened if people didn't like them.

You are a weirdo, the best commercially available flavor is objectively cookies 'n cream.

Vanilla is best flavor. Sweet enough to enjoy but not overpowering plus it tends to mix well with just about anything if you feel like something extra

>Van Helsing average which is obviously bullshit
You are entitled to your opinion user, but I do not share it. My opinion of it being average is not bullshit just because it doesn't match yours, kid.
>Also [Starcraft - Zerg] a really good one.
>The Zerg has a good amount of options, is fairly succinct and the options themselves are generally very appealing.
That at least we can find common ground on.

>It's not a coincidence that two of his jumps have been imaged by other people and that wouldn't have happened if people didn't like them.
Eh, I feel like this is a reasonable yet questionable assumption you're making. There are plenty of really great jumps, miles better than Starcraft - Zerg that haven't been imaged. There isn't a direct correlation between a jump being good and it being imaged.

>cookies 'n cream
It's good, but I've ran into ones where 60% of it was just a frozen chunk of Oreo cream. That made me sick fast.

Really good, high quality vanilla is like a really mild fudge. It's lovely on it's own, with another flavour and with maple syrup.
There are times I can't stand chocolate ice cream, even though I'm normally fond of it, but I'm always up for vanilla.

Then I pity you, because a strict 10-35% Oreo chunk ratio is the key is one of life's little miracles.

>Kylar Stern
Do we have a jump for that setting?

But they wouldn't have been imaged if people didn't like them as nobody would bother to put in the work. Nobody is saying that every good jump gets imaged, just that nobody is going to image a jump made by someone else if they don't like the jump.

Out of interest how would you improve Van Helsing? What are the flaws that make it seem average to you?

>ITT: Valeria continues this weird dominance display despite the fact her target hasn't been present

Tear it out and redo the whole thing, as it's garbage from the top down.

Name some bits that are garbage and tell us why you think so? Explain yourself. So far all we've gotten is "it's bad" and then after people started defending it "it's average".

>ITT: Anons continue various weird passive aggression displays despite the fact their actual targets have long leraned to ignore them, and they're just shitposting each other

>Not openly telling your companions that they were nothing more than fictional characters to you when you began your adventures
I mean, most of them are going to realize that at some point, why not just tell them?

>What are the flaws that make it seem average to you?
To be fair, it think it's average more because of the source material rather than anything. It doesn't really say that much about OAA as a jumpmaker, outside that he isn't a miracle worker.
The properties bit in the item section was nice though. I especially like how those items combo.

I don't need to explain myself to a fucking shitposter like you. If the asshole's a community pariah, then it's obvious that his content can be replaced fairly easily.

I've only ever said it's average, user.
I'm the same user as and

You know this can all be cleared up with OAA showed up, stop anonposting or lurking, and give an update to his jumps or drop them.

>Having canon companions.
Wow, how pathetic can you get?

>pic
Who is that? I'm tempted to say someone from x-men. Emma Frost maybe? One of her clones?

>You know this can all be cleared up

Oh that's fucking bullshit and you know it as well as anyone. It's just going to incentivize The Usual Autists to start going full bore again, and with him naming up again it's a clear bull's-eye. Again.

But that's what you want, isn't it?

>implying you wouldn't just shitpost him into oblivion and that this is your goal all along

You need to explain yourself if you want anyone to pay any attention at all to what you say.

We've already had people say what they like about the jump. I like the perk that makes you more heroic the more bombastic you are, this guy:

likes the properties.

What is it specifically that you don't like?

It's not shitposting if he deserves it.

>pic
I wonder if people would be less willing to put up with Goku's stuff if Jumper worked their ass off hard enough to keep up with him.

Speaking of which, why do you guys want to become strong?

Not that user, but I just find the choice of medium... weird?

Like, he didn't go for a specific IP, or a Generic idea, he went for a weird mish-mash of the two. Van Helsing stories, which means you could wind up in Marvel which has a Van Helsing, or Hugh Jackman's Van Helsing, or video games, it's just.

It's in a weird place for me.

>he says when we have multiple dragonball fanfiction jumps
Not the weirdest route anyone's gone.

Question for jumpmakers, how do you balance jumps where 'everyone' grows in power a significant amount over the course of the novel? or jumps where the main character is *significantly* stronger than the rest of the cast. (I'm thinking of attempting Everyone Else is a Returnee, but am really unsure how I would balance it)