/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General aka Custodes General

Rolled 5 (1d20)

Dorn never ever edition.

Last thread : New rulebook
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PkLIcyC_emg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

word bearers a shit

Word bearers are not for bullying.

Saturnine termies when?

Apparently this is now canonical

4th for the 4th

Sunova...

Tactical telemon armor when?

Inb4 ded game

What's a good loadout for melee veterans? I'm playing DA, and already have some of the requisite "Sniper and heavy bolter, acid to taste" vets, but I wanna cash in on that knightly vibe.

Initial thoughts are just to throw power swords on the lot, and give the sarge a calibanite warblade and a combi-GL for some stasis shenanigans. However that will just bounce off 2+ enemies, which are quite common. Maybe swap some of the swords for axes and hope that the stasis will even things up? Is it worth taking a heavy weapon, or should I try and keep the squad lean and suited for purpose?

Combi-stasis grenade launcher (now with infinite statis).

>infinite statis

Have you ever used Aquilon in zone mortalis? You may as well be cheating.

16th for the Warmaster

17th for the Warm Pastor.

>Medusa and Caliban both in the area of the Cadian Gate
>Lets pick up this one chap and blow a couple years bouncing around the galaxy before we visit the other
This list has never made sense.

I roll with a sarge with Combi-Stasis, Power Fist, and AA and the rest of the squad with a mix of power swords and axes.

>On second thought, lets not go to Caliban, tis a silly place

Maybe I'm making excuses for/buying in to crappy writing too much, but maybe he didn't pick the Lion up just because he wasn't ready yet? Every planet a primarch landed on incubated them to an extent, helping them grow into a warlord, ready for the next stage of their training into a space warlord. Emps does seem to have a knack for turning up once each primarch has subdued or otherwise risen to leadership of their home planet*, so maybe it was just that Ferrus had got Medusa sorted while the Lion was still busy hitting Caliban with a sword.

*For the major exceptions, Angron and Morty, Emps turned up just before they got themselves BTFO. But there's still a noticeable serendipity about when he arrives.

I think it's a combination of that, and that I feel like even Big E wasn't 100% sure where they had all ended up. The primarchs being sent off to different planets wasn't in his control, so while most ended up on planets that would play to their own strengths and help mould them into the leaders they would become, he wouldn't know exactly where they went.

This may sound like a stupid question, but is a Primus Medicae in Art/Power Armor really worthwhile as compared to Terminator varieties? Or is the non Terminator role just suited for the regular Apothecary detachment?

Is that somehow a problem? Its good they have a list to follow otherwise you get mistakes like in ATS with Ahriman stating Corax hated them before Magnus was found and other random shit.

- easier to put in transports with powerarmored dudes
- stands out less and thus attracts less attention and headshots
- aesthetically more pleasing when joined to powerarmor units
- less restriction in terms of gear
- cheaper

>cheaper

Depends. I mean, AA, refractor field and a power weapon cost as much a terminator suit that comes with all that plus a combi-bolter, and if you take a cataphractii, he can have 4++ save instead of 5++ from refractor/indomitus/tartaros.

Medusa's location, warp route, and technological importance was known to the Mechanicum even before the Crusade began. It was a primordial goal for the early Crusade. Finding a Primarch there was a bonus.

>That feel when your favorite legion is Word Bearers, and you look at their rules.

I have half a mind to just bite the damn bullet and go with the Taghmata Omnissiah stuff. I love everything about AdMech, and the only thing that has been stopping me has been the fact that AdMech in 30k are a purely forge world army.

Maybe I'll even get to use some of it in 40k when Fires of Cyraxus comes out in 3018

I just wish the dark brethren ROW didn't have that horrible "only one heavy support" restriction. I bloody hate that restriction, with so much of the legion list's firepower being in that slot.

>Magnus the Red
>The 9th Primarch
Huh...

Word Bearers do have nice models

Noice, that looks so cool. The early Crusade was a time full of promise.
And it's always fun to remember Horus was a Luna Wolf for more than a century, but was Warmaster for only less than 8 years.

What will Angelus bring, anons? And I'm talking about the whole 7.5 direction of this game.

Besides the primarchs, what would be some good space marine characters for a rule 63 high school AU?
Pic semi-related

You're just fucking trash, aren't you?

The First Captains and Femperor.
Hell, all the legions would be female in that scenario, as the geneseed would be incompatible with a Y chromosome
Except Malcador
Malcador gets to live the dread :^)
>Morty a redhair
Huh. I suppose it's actually nice contrast

kinda want to get Zardu and 'true scale' him to become Alpharius.

Two worlds could be right next to one another in real space, but with no accessible warp route to reach it, the one might not be discovered until many years later.

I wonder if the reprints of the earlier HH novels had fixes to fit this timeline. There's some pretty big errors if they didn;t

Only hard cover and trade paperback versions have the corrections. And they stopped making the trade paperbacks for older books after Galaxy in Flames.

>high school AU

The Gal Vorbak are some of my favourite models among any FW has released. I feel like Word Bearers kind of rely on them as a bit of a crutch. Their rules are shite, and Ashen Circle aren't great.

I also wish this thing wasn't so overcosted. It felt a bit strong at 200-ish points in the test rules, but 305 feels like way too much. I've never seen one of these make its points back. It feels maybe 50 points more expensive than it should be, if not more.

Beautiful model though. Shame it's got crap stats.

Well, I should amend that from 'crap stats' to 'crap stats for costing almost as much as a primarch'. It's terrifying in melee, and it's not terrible at a distance.

plus, he's a big boy.

When it's AUs, you can do whatever AU you want desu.
You get your teenaged bitchy highschool movie femarchs, I get mine their full 2.5 meters tall, fully armoured :^)
And Malcador gets to be the old perv grandpa comedy relief
And he's aware that's an AU, that the correct one is the one from the BL books
But he doesn't care
He doesn't care at all

>fires plasma cannon
>burns fingers
THANK KHORNES INTELLIGENT DESIGN

>tfw Russ had to be personally beaten in the head by the Emperor to go do his duty, but Curze went voluntarily, fully knowing his demise.
Makes you think

Is it not tough enough to work as a 'Distraction Carnifex'?

They are not bitchy. They are waifu tier.
WAIFU TIER, I SAY.

I'm going to politely ask you to delete this and walk away.

But both of the Lost Primarchs were gone by the time Corax first met the Emperor...

I'm going to politely decline.

I was talking about the usual highschooler stereotypes.
But, being fair, it's not as if BL's Primarchs weren't manchildren themselves.

Was about to say, BL is doing a good job of turning the HH into a highschool drama

Holy shit this is some awkward "art"

>plus, he's a big boy.

wOAH he's a big guy

ARGAL TAL
R A
G L
A
L

It's tough, but a 305-point distraction Carnifex seems like far too much of an investment. It's pretty much a Contemptor Dreadnought with +1 HP and IWND for +100 points.

The write for BL thing reminds me I'm slowly working on "Second to None: A Unit History of the 1st Centauran Cohort," which as the name suggests tracks a Solar Auxilia cohort through the Great Crusade and then the HH. It's not eligible for admission but I might as well finish it--being a historian I enjoy writing fake histories on the side.

This one made me smile.

Contemptor Dreadnoughts are so much better looking than Castaferrum-Pattern.

The real-deal OG Possessed.

It's one of the few times where I have looked at the rules/stats for a HH model and a 40k equivalent and have been able to say the HH version was honestly stronger.

Posessed are still dumpster-fire tier in 40k, even with +1 wound. Random stats is reaching Ork-tier levels of bad. They don't even hold a candle to Gal Vorbak- the models are pretty damned ugly, and they're not even good on the tabletop.

That is some pretty damn rad object source lighting, love that eerie blue glow.

>IT IS A GOOD PAIN!

>The real-deal OG Possessed.
Samus. That's the only name you'll hear.

it means the end and death.

I mean, that's not wrong, if you're a space pirate.

hey i just bought some BoP marines off ebay and they came with 32 mm bases. am i gonna get screamed at for using these or am i all g?

>BoP
Brotherhood of Piss?
Boys on Point?
Bend-o-Penis?

If they were going to make it monopose why didn’t GW go for something interesting instead of t-pose. The model is laughably bad.

its especially terrible when the new primaris snap-fit dread is so much more dynamic.

Burning of prospero

Yes it looks bad, but reposing the torso and even the legs slightly helps it a lot.

I actually like the model, not for its pose, but for its conversion potential.

32 mm is really common by now, so that should be fine. But don't have an army with mixed 32 and 25mm, it's going to look weird. Aim for consistency in my opinion.

Post some thematic music
>Mechanicum when they bring out the Ullanor : youtu.be/PkLIcyC_emg

32mm bases are standard for marines now, what's your issue.

Yo, Curzefag, I heard you are looking for someone to fangirl with over warhammer and primarchs. Wanna hang out on Discord?

You aware that curzefag is a (((female))) ?

retards you find occasionally at the lgs

even better

Funny thing, so am I. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find another girl you can fangirl over Warhammer?

If you want a post deleted itt just BTFO out of a janitor's shit opinions, it happens like magic.

>retards you find occasionally at the lgs
I always seem to forget about them.

I think it's less hard nowadays than convincing the typical pack of no-hopers in every GW store to wash themselves, in all honesty.

Gonna nametrip now :)
Also, Uzas was one of the best characters in the Night Lord omnibus.

Eh, depends on where you live. Here, it's easier to force the neckbeards to make themselves presentable than to drag a girl into the only FLGS in town.

I don't actually see fat neckbeards at my flg, but there's no gal either

Uzas was the Khorne guy right, it's been a while since I read those. Uzas was pretty tragic, as was Xarl, Cyrion was a fucker.

Basically this. I have no problems navigating in all male groups, but damn does it get tedious sometimes.
As for body smells, the FLGS basically barred entry to anyone who doesn't pass the sniffing test. Summers get really bad around here and they had to make rules. Life is good now.

Yeah, Uzas was the Khorne guy and probably the most tragic character in the book. He was also guilty for the best moment in BL books.

>Talos, now in charge, tells Uzas to paint his gauntlets red as a sinner's last oath,so that everyone knows he is living just so he can perform his duties before dying somewhere, preferably in a ditch.
>than comes this: "The door slid closed, and Uzas stood alone again. He looked down at his hands, seeing them for the last time in midnight clad. The sense of loss was real enough, cold enough, to make him shiver.
Then, with a moment of confusion, he glanced around and wondered where he was going to find red paint."
>My sides

Do you get hit on by your flg's members ? Does the extra attention bother you ? The treatment haven't changed your sexual attraction so it's probably annoying for you
i'm legit curious and couldn't be bothered by your gender as long as you play 30k

How did you get into the heresy and what legion do you play?

I think my favourite little bit was when they met the Black Legion and were chatting shit about them being untrustworthy.

>remember when we used to trust each other
>no

Or when the Genesis Chapter champion is smacking the shit out of them all

>look behind you
>do you think i would fall for such a trick
>*gets smacked by a heavy chainsword*

That duel was fucking great.

That fight did end up being pretty stupid though.
>genesis chapter champion wearing his helmet
>urzas is not
>HEADBUTTING CONTEST
>guy wearing a helmet dies first because of plot armour or something
Ridiculous.

yikes

Heh, no problem, just ask away.
Just to be clear, I'm from Europe, so I can't speak for US situation (I'm guessing you are located there), but I'm pretty certain it's not too different.

There was some hitting on me when I first started visiting, but I was pretty clear about coming there to play so the guys got the hint and stopped pretty quickly. Nowdays, whenever some new guy goes overboard, he gets told to ease it up by others.
There are of course some mothbreathers who never got the hint, but they bother everyone about something, so I'm guessing it's just them being themselves.
Generally, even they change their attitudes once they get a job and are forced to learn social norms.

I'm not a burger, but a frenchfag

>try to find cute boy who like 30k at lgs
>all of them either smell or are spergs
life is suffering

Got myself into heresy through 1d4chan lore, lurked here, decided to read some Warhammer books, ADB hooked me with Night Lords, so I'm playing them right now. Will probably start collecting Nids in the future.

Great duel and a pretty good trilogy in general.
Lots of good moments there.

No kidding. The scarcity is real.

You wanna talk with curzefag specifically ? There was a hhg discord but I don't know if it's still up

And no you've become a namefag and completed the circle of cancer. Well done.