MtG Ixalan Geocaching

Since the vampires are racing ahead in the geocaching event that was meant to decide Ixalan's fate, it seems like Wizards of the Coast has decided to play dirty. They have resorted to using social media votes to decide who will claim the city of Orazca, instead of using the geocaching event like they said they would.

twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/950487458612826112

It's a damn shame that the hard work of the Legion of Dusk geocachers is going to waste.

Other urls found in this thread:

ceddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/6zu2h3/wizards_flavor_is_on_point_with_the_vampires/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They had already removed close to 8K miles from the vampires before this.
They're being extremelly retarded and childish about this thing.

They're probably taking votes away from the vamps now

Sure smells like Storm of Chaos around here.

They are in last place. Someone cal them out on their shit

>We can't let the white people win!

Wizards are a bunch of SJW cucks.

Has a company ever been so transparently forceful about a "vote" before?
WotC is being full retard about this.

Again, as many people as possible need to call them out on this.

>not-spaniards
>White

Shame they're being babies about it too. Vampires are conquistador stand-ins, who in real world history absolutely dominated the natives.

Plus turning Ixalan into south american Innistrad sounds great.

Colonial "Not-Mexico" would be the perfect place for a Weird West set. It can continue having dinos and merfolk. Just add more cathedrals, chupacabras, bandits, cultists, frontier explorers, skinwalkers and ghosts. And it wouldn't be "problematic" because mexicans aren't self-victimizing faggots and actually like seeing their culture show up in stuff.

Spaniards are honorary whites because they are evil colonialists.

And in fantasy world they are fighting fucking dinosaurs. Also no one in the setting cares about diseases.

I want dinosaur island complete with dinosaur king who holds the magic sun. No sentients allowed.

Yea we drafted spain into the white race in the 16th century

Yeah, you can even have a plot about the exploitation of the local peoples. You can even spice it up by having the frontier colonists also being screwed over by the dudes who exploit the locals and they team up for independence.

Have you ever seen a Spaniard?

What was the point of making a poll if they were going to do what they want anyway?

Because they never figured Vampires would win.

Yes. They forced the You Make The Card that ended in Waste Not. Originally, the votes led to a land being created, but WotC decided they didn't want that and rigged the vote so that Waste Not ended up being created.

That's probably why they're backpedaling and fixing the vote so hard. The ending's been written for months, but there's only ONE, so they have to rig the thing until their meme faction wins. This is bullshit and probably the worst thing they should do right now

These were the percentages two days ago, on the very day that the contest started.

I'd be fine with this option

>DInosaur-riding vampires, merfolk and not-native americans mix into a single culture and join forces against the empire
>Independence of Ixalan
Its too good of an idea for them to do it.

Point is, outside of the United Russia bit, it's had the exact same percentages for two days straight.

Oh for fuck's sake.
They mad it so fucking Dinosaurs won?
Who gives a fuck about them?

I'd take PIRATES over fucking Dinosaurs.

They're punishing vampire players for being fit and getting more miles than everyone else COMBINED several times over. Go look at the geocaching site by the by, it STILL says that it's going to be used to determine the winner, but I guess it'll be weighted in such a way that it's like, worth nothing

>Wanting pirates over anything
Commit suicide

Vampires> Bolas> POWER GAP> Literally nothing > POWER GAP>Dinosaurs> POWER GAP> Merfolk>Pirates
United Russia > all

They made it so Vampires wouldn’t win.

Apparently they're doing 3 more regions plus taking the Geocaching into account.

>Dinosaur-riding vampires

Fuck that. No dinosaur riding.

DINOSAUR INDEPENDENT
DINOSAUR STRONK
REMOVE SENTIENTS

I'm not that torn up about it. Personally I prefer the idea of dinosaurs being their own faction and ruling that shit. Like, it would be really refreshing to have a setting where it's like "yeah, the non-tech non-sentient faction is the strongest faction."

>Sun Empire

WAIT

THE DINOSAUR FACTION ISN'T EVEN FUCKING DINOSAURS?

IT'S FUCKING PEOPLE WHO WORK WITH DINOSAURS????

0/10 WORST FUCKING SETTING

Give it a rest guys, you're getting angry over nothing. Yes, the Vampire Conquistadors are the far and away best faction in Ixalan. Yes, the Story Team has done almost nothing but shit on them.

But WHO FUCKING CARES ABOUT THE PISS YELLOW CITY? This whole fucking story is set AFTER the Vampires won, and they won so hard the collective Pirate asshole still hurts generations later.

The Sun Empire? Singlehandedly the worst faction for being the shitty, boring half of the Dinosaur Rider combo. A pale, shallow take on Mesoamerican culture that took space from the superior Dinosaurs.

The Merfolk? Did nothing until losing so hard Orazca is crawling with every faction and the Immortal Sun is off world. Also did I say Sun Empire was the worst? That's enabled by the Merfolk being the fucking BLANDEST faction by a country mile. "Wah they hide in the forest and make their mark by leaving no marks", it's almost like they could almost have not existed and very little would have changed, another space easily taken up by the superior Dinosaurs.

The Pirates? They had three (3) things going for them; the main characters happened to be among them, the Story Team was on their knees in front of them gargling on cock, and they were not the Merfolk or the Empire. Story Team tried to make the all (except that dirty offworlder Angrath) lovable rogues with hearts of gold, instead of a much more dynamic mixed bag of scoundrels. The MCs made them one of the strongest contenders rather than the underdogs they should have been. Despite all that, though, they're the only Faction on Ixalan that is merely fine.

The Vampires though? They've faced nothing but getting shit on by Story Team and the part of Wizards that faces customers. But they've still been the best faction by a fucking light year, a solid twist on a loved tribe played very well, that again fucking won constantly until the MCs/Bolas Wins Again inflicted on every faction.

>Like the winner wasn't decided months ago.

The smell you dont like in the morning.

>the shitty, boring half of the Dinosaur Rider combo

WHY DID THEY DO THIS?

THEY COULD STILL HAVE NATIVE PEOPLE IF THEY WANTED THEM THAT BADLY

JUST MAKE THE DINOSAUR FACTION ACTUALLY ABOUT DINOSAURS AND GIVE THEM CRAZY AZTEC NAMES

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT HOW COULD THEY FUCK THIS UP?

Fuck off, scalefag. Go lust after dino cloaca elsewhere.

>liking the sun empire

Hell no, they're trash. But making them actual dino-people would be worse.

>not wanting a faction that is literally just fucking dinosaurs

It was cool in Alara they could have made it even better.

>dino-people
>people

HEY

FUCKING RETARD

WHAT PART OF REMOVE SENTIENT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

That's not a faction, that's literally just wild animals, which still get representation in the block.

The geocaching is going to be like, one point. Cause there would be no way they could slice it without giving the vampires like, 15 points all at once

>wild animals can't be a faction

The imagination of our current generation is severely lacking.

Weren't the vampires here for a specific reason, looking for some holy relic that was taken from them?
I mean if anyone should have a good end it should be the faction here for an actual reason - theft.

The Immortal Sun is their holy relic.

I thought so, I haven't really been following the story that closely.
But they're here to get their relic. If they can't get it, what is wrong with them winning? Odds are they're not going to stick around, being colonial asshats because The Sun Empire and Merfolk don't have anything they need.
They'll just pack up their cathedral-ships and leave.

Not like the Pirates who are motivated by treasure and loot. And more importantly - homeless.

ceddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/6zu2h3/wizards_flavor_is_on_point_with_the_vampires/

fuck I hate reddit

fuck off pol this is a progressive board

Wait the vampires aren't even the bad guys?

Seems legit. Based on cards a lot of the vampires seem like assholes. Like, not as bad as the vamps in other sets but still pretty dick.

Imagine being this butthurt and petty towards your own consumers. WotC deserves to die as a company. Extremely arrogant despite continuously making the wrong decision time and time again.

The dinosaurs of Ixalan are literally wild animals. They do not possess the ability to form a faction.

Google "faction" first definition.

Do de vampires kno de wae bruddas?

They aren't, but they're white so it's ok to kill and hate them.

[removed by moderators] x10000
so THIS is the power of reddit...

>a small, organized, dissenting group within a larger one, especially in politics

Wizards really is SJW-ing in the stupidest way possible

>Innistrad, where vampires are absolutely bad guys
>Add a ton of random diversity vampires

>Ixalan, where the vampires are actually in the right
>They're white

They can't even make evil whitey correctly.

And how are dinosaurs not that?

I don't think they are SJWing. It's the next logical step from what they did with the vampire planeswalker in Innistrad.

Isn't Sorin the vampire planeswalker from Innistrad?

Are you saying that wizards just has a vendetta against vampires?

Go fuck yourself disgusting jew.

Unless their commanding vampire is a complete asshat and goes against their religiously ingrained bloodfasting traditions and starts to gorge themselves on anything with a pulse - the vampires aren't that bad.

I mean I can understand why both the Sun Empire and Merfolk would fight them, they're portrayed as being close to nature (Green) and probably see them as some sort of abomination. Normal people hate them cause they're the ideal conqistidor - gleaming armor, puffy shirts, extremely religious and white. And that imagery invokes some pretty strong reactions from people. Mostly negative.

I'd say the Pirates are worse, even with their sob story.

>Normal people hate them cause they're the ideal conqistidor - gleaming armor, puffy shirts, extremely religious and white. And that imagery invokes some pretty strong reactions from people. Mostly negative.
Ironically they're the most popular faction here in Mexico.

There are so many people in that thread that don't know colonization history it's fucking crazy. It's like they grab a hold of any negative thing they can about European settlers and everything positive about the Natives and hold them as fact, without even considering that there's more than just: Settlers = Bad, Natives = Good. I fucking hate reddit millenials, they're going to fucking ruin this plant and by proxy this game.

Pirates are shit

I mean heck the Ixalani vampires are arguably the best that we've seen - the practice restraint. They only drink the blood of criminals on their home continent. That's a lesson Sorin had to browbeat into his people by creating and Angel to save humans from their bloodlust.

Unless the vampires in Ixalan go crazy and start to gorge themselves on everything, or we get a story about the humans being horrifically abused by their Vampire lords I don't see people's opinion changing.

>No sentients allowed.
I can help with that..

but really I am disappoint that I have to wait till return to Ixalan before I get Aclazotz and vampire worshippers

Never stop honoring your ancestors, Mexico.

He was associated with a bunch of BW cards. I think they even came out with a couple of BW or even W vampires in Innistrad too. It makes sense for the next set to have vampires that are MAXIMUM BW.

My ancestors are smiling at me Gringo, can you say the same?

He talks too much but he would definitely agree with DINOSAUR STRONK

>vampire worshippers

I wouldn't mind this. The Ogre/Demon from Kamigawa interaction is fun and it would be cool to see Vampires portrayed as baseline OP again.

yknow, time passes and im less and less saddened i got banned from that subreddit.

As someone who has had a love of dinosaurs since childhood, I have to admit that I can't help but have the Dinosaurs be my favorite faction.

Helps, too, that they're mainly green, my favorite MTG color.

Why even ask if they are just going to tailor the results?
It just makes people who care about Vampires or who aren't bothered who wins but are looking in on the event think they're making a fool of the fans.

I think the vampires are pretty cool but get if they don't wanna go hard with them due to the vampires having Innistrad but why not just chose a faction who's won and write about them well and plan around it.

So let me get this straight. Geocache was supposed to decide the "winner". Best faction vampire swere winning by a mile, no pun intended, and WotC decided that it needed to be shut down?

Yep

>green, my favorite MTG color.
Who knew Satan was such a literal retard?

Fucking hell. I'm honestly done with them at this point. If they're going to virtue signal this hard to pander to people outside their core base, fuck em. I'll take my money somewhere else. A hobby is supposed to be fun and relaxing. Not stressful and annoying.

Our ancestors are the conquistadors. Only 2% of people in Mexico are pure native americans. There's more natives in USA than Mexico. Which makes me think you may not have to have given your indos any land if you had shagged them instead of killed them.

but then the 56% meme would be even worse...

Half-natives aren't bad. They're pretty much half-asian levels of potential intellingence but have a 25% increase in weakness to drug-addiction instead of being short and effeminate.

If mexico was 50% white 50% native it'd be a high IQ country, shamefully their "white" half came pre-tainted by african and arab blood.

>tfw 5'11" Castizo

>Not liking Aztecs on Dinosaurs

Should have been Dinosaurs and Cadillacs

>Having this much shit taste

Both the Spaniards AND the Aztecs are your ancestors
Small hint, that Day of the Dead holiday, it is not Christian

get out dillon

>instead of using the geocaching event like they said they would.
They said on Twitter that their basing the result on social media polls *and* the geocashing event.

>The ending's been written for months, but there's only ONE
The vote has nothing to do with how the story ends in this block. It affects how the world will look when we return to it.

>whites are christian
When will this meme end? We are pagans.
>Satan is a Timmy
Top fucking kek.

My guess is that if they do return to Ixalan, they've already laid out what they want the plane to look like.