Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Who's that Pokemon Edition

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/10/regimental-standard-vile-new-abhuman-strain-spotted/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=QnEanO1QT4o

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/writeforblacklibrary/
1d4chan.org/wiki/Black_Library_Submissions_Window
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for Thousand Sons before next Xenos Codex

we Warmachine now

3rd for I hope another Imperium codex comes out before a xeno one is released.

Now that a proper plastic model is out, would you still see a vanilla Great Unclean One when you look at this, or would you expect/prefer this to be the Forgeworld character?

>despite our endless beneficence in accommodating them with generous helpings of re-recycled soy-gruel

Tzaangors confirmed for soyboys

> the virgin resin
> the Chad plastic
Is this even a serious question

I like the new plastic sculpts a lot, especially Rotigus. It's just GWs flashy paint jobs that make them look bad.

How do I beat tyranids

>best shooting
>best melee
>good psychic
>best movement
>best deployment

fuck this overpowered bullshit

No, I agree, it is way better, but the thing is, that works to its disadvantage in the sense that it doesn't tie into the Nurgle daemons as well. Even the Nurgling looks different (although better) than the plastic ones that we have to use.

Hey guys, what weapons should Raputin, Chaos Lord of Slannesh have? He's with my emperor's children army, and has terminator armor.

What army do you play?

How come CSM don't have all the same stuff as their loyalists counterparts with all the raiding they do and renegade chapters they absorb into their ranks? Even for stuff they had during the HH like Whirlwinds and Land Speeders?

GW hates chaos.
It'd be as simple as giving chaos a rule "For 10% more points, You may take and convert a loyalist machine."

Can Chaos Lords equip power swords? The Emperor's Children are famed for their swordsmen.

What's better for a Deathwing army, Chaplains or Librarians?

Librarians, psykers are useful as hell.

Lightning claws or Murder Sword.

>GW hates chaos.
This is what chaosfags actually believe

Well, they hate slannesh.

Tzaangor cult with Alpha Legion operatives operating operational operational and pulling the strings from the shadows behind the curtains in the corner of the background operationally.

Good fluff concept for my possible first 8th ed army y/n

Simple. It's a two-step process.

Step 1: The game dictates the lore

Step 2: The game dictates that one army should not include everything that another army has plus more.

So to accommodate that they made chaos unable to access the coolest stuff from the loyalist book. This way everyone gets stuff just for them and nobody is playing against an objectively superior range.

As usual, they just did it in a hamfisted way.

>Take librarian with Belial.
>Cast aversion on enemy you're about to charge
>Enemy has -3 to hit Belial
>Laugh.

Can Primaris characters take The Primarch's Wrath?

Bolt Rifle is not a Boltgun so no.

>tfw Magnus and Morty in the same army
>tfw we'll soon be seeing Russ and Guilliman in the same army

>best shooting

You clearly havent seen a guard army than.

I don't know. Maybe they'll ban it, but there is that chance that they'll let it slide considering they've already put them in some photo ops together...

There a model for that? Might b cool for a female archon

I don't even use trygon tunnels or play jormungandr, and I still trounce 90% of my meta.

I'm winning with walls of warriors.

What is this feeling? I couldn't bring a single brood in past editions unless I wanted them battle-cannoned immediately off the board and now I'm considered overpowered.

Is the 1d4chan sisters tactica still reasonably useful? I have my first game with mine coming up, against tzeench demons and need to know how to not die.

Black Library are doing a thing.

warhammer-community.com/writeforblacklibrary/

>Mfw my Orks are already firing OW Basically all the time and now I can't even swing right

Epic Skarre / eSkarre / Skarre2
Her rack has its own attack profile.

No it was never good

I can give a little bit of advice if you want, but I haven't played since August.

Yeah and you will never ever get selected. It's all nepotism.

2015 I think it was, 12 people were selected out of thousands of submissions. 10 of those were either GW staff or family/friends of GW staff.

Sure, I haven't used my sisters since 7th. Is exorcists and immolators out the arse with flamers literally everywhere still the go to, or are storm bolters 'good' now?

Got any details / evidence? Would be good to know if it's genuinely a waste of time.

Cheers, not a fan upon seeing the model

Even if it wasn't, I honestly feel that unless 40k is your favorite thing in life you'd be better off channeling your artistic expression into something that you have more control over.

Well that's it. You are more likely to get a regular book published than have your work published by Black Library

not him, but that has happened before.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Black_Library_Submissions_Window
It's not really proof though.

Hilariously henry zou, who is a straylian was a BL writer, and I assume not selected for nepotism, turned out to be a plagiarist. haha.

I wouldn't bother user become a normal writer first.

head to the bolt hole dot org if you're interested in entering

what kind of statline do you degenerates think we'll see on the new cusstoads?

Alarus Terminators: T5/6 W4 4++(?)
BigManly Jetbikers: T6 W4-6 4/5+++
Hetaeron: T5 W? inv?
Trajann Valoris: T5 W7/8 3++/4++ 27A

idk

It will give you reasonable advice for the standard meta choices. Just don't take it as gospel.

Not him. But the Exorcist is out. Immolator is good with the immolation flamer. Repressors (From the Forgeworld Index) are best for Dominions. Run Melta on the girls themselves. Generally the only Flamer you might want to consider is a Heavy Flamer on BSS squads. Storm Bolters are really good. but are lower priority than Melta. Massed Melta is what lets you deal with ANYTHING in the game, so you need to cover that first.

1st for orks

ork players cant count

I2

Is there any faction who has better, good/fun Psychic Powers than Genestealer Cults?

>Mass Hypnosis, 7WC: Enemy within 18" can't overwatch, fights last and has -1 to hit till your next psychic phase.

FUCK YOUR OVERWATCH.

>Mind Control, 6WC: Roll 3 dice, if higher or equal to enemy leadership (Which is very likely), you can make a model shoot or do a single attack against others. Great for big tanks and shit like Stormravens.

MEME SHOOTING MAGIC.

>Might From Beyond, 7WC: Add 1str and attack to a unit.

5 Str 5 Genestealer attacks per model. Not bad.

tzeench fuckery with magnus the ghey

You mean Russ and Magnus

>27A
Aaaaaaaaaah

>Only prose no comics

Gosh dang it!.

Considering how hard BL is dickriding chaos I can understand GW's spite towards them

Today's PSA is:

LEARN. TO. FORMAT!

And then we'll critique! :)

Go to guns are now storm bolters, melta, and heavy bolters. Immolators with flamers are decent transports, but if you have access to repressors then take them as they are probably one of the best transports in the game due to sloppy forgeworld rules writing. Exorcists are unfortunately pretty shit this edition.

Most armies are made up of dominions and retributors, as this edition doesn't require troops. Celestine is pretty much a must take, canonesses are alright as far as hq taxes go. Seraphim go great with Celestine, but hand flamers are literally worse than the bolt pistols they replace. Acts of faith are pretty good and one or imagifiers can really boost heavy bolter retributors. We got a fantastic stratagem in chapter approved that let's us act in the opponents turns if a character is killed.

I warned you it's Warmachine.

>this edition doesn't require troops
BSS are pretty solid Post CA though. You still get three guns per five and Objective Secured is nice.

>B-but I've got an Eldar torture scene that will make Goto get an erection!

Just learn to use Excelt it took me like 5 minutes.

>tfw no unification-period terra rules
>tfw no thunder warrior rules

They're releasing a version that comes with half a boat soon.

That would be cool but not until the HH stuff is wrapped up

I've heard sisters in a repressor can shoot out when the thing's in combat. Can they shoot the guys the tank is in combat with? And is throwing diagolus at things to get the martyrdom stratagem going as hilarious as I think?

Only have one repressor at the moment, recasts take fucking forever to ship

It’s not like you fuckers will critique anything that isn’t on the picture book builder, anyway.

>I've heard sisters in a repressor can shoot out when the thing's in combat. Can they shoot the guys the tank is in combat with?

Yes to both but only with their bolt pistols.

agree how you're going to interpret the rules regarding repressors with your opponent before play

I mean i get critique on my colour full excel lists.

Does getting out of an open top tank in combat count as falling back?

Oh I DO Excel. I love Excel. But not everybody excels at excel. So we must have PSAs.

no

We don't critique shit that's ON the builder specifically because of the reasons explained on the image you replied to!

Thanks friends.

Are multi melta immolators actually worth taking, or is it all about the flamers now?

Can the passengers overwatch if the tank is charged?

While GKs themselves are pretty shitty, their psychic powers are really fun desu

>Gate of Infinity
*Teleports Behind you*
Nothin' personell, kid...

>Astral Aim
Fuck Cowards. Fuck Cover. Fuck LOS. FUCK YOU

>Vortex of Doom
Watch your Opponent go full REEEEEEEEEEE mode when he realizes he's left you the perfect spot to cast vortex and you shit out a total 15 mortal wounds in a single turn

>Sanctuary
Good luck, I'm behind a 2++ invuln, BITCH...well, not really

fuck why did GW decide GKs having a 2++ is OP, but its perfectly fine for guard?

YAY MAGIC

Troops seem alright, but for 60pts you can get 5 more scouting storm bolters instead. No right or wrong choice though, and you can get more command points with troops.

They can, but not at a unit that's attacking the repressor as they're locked in combat. However as far as I know the unit inside can still fire if the repressor has fallen back.

Dialogus can work as martyrs if you've got a few points to spare and can stand to look at the model.

I've got three based China man repressors waiting to be built, but I can't stand the idea of painting three more tanks right now.

Go away Akko. No one cares about your opinion.

Nah, Multi meltas are too expensive to really be worth the cost, would probably be fine in a powerlevel game though.

Do you care about my opinion if I post a generic GK pic?

No

don't know, probably not because they're not the same unit. Come to an agreement with your opponent

I still think I have the coolest psychic powers, though.

No much to my chagrin.

No, but some things like many fortifications let the embarked units fire at enemy units within 1".

Where is this rule located?

So I just got back from my genestealer cult's inaugural game.

BATREP TIME
>1500 points, vs greenwing-focused mostly-primaris dark angels
>I go first
>cult ambush
>roll nothing but 5's and 6's
>hell yes
>get mass hypnosis off on his aggressors
>hell YES
>anti-deepstrike stratagem lets his hellblasters wipe my banner-acolytes off the board
>fail all but my primus's charge alone into hellblasters
fantastic start to the game.

BRB, page 181 next to the weapon types category.

You know, both that and the Plastic GUO have 130mm bases, wich makes me realize the FW one is a bit smaller

It's okay psyker-friend
I think your powers are really nice.

i like how they blend in with the table. no wonder you had such good ambushes.

page 180 BRB left side bar

>snow board

>his turn, wipes out 11/12 of one purestrain squad, 10/12 of the other, does a single wound to the patriarch, and wipes out my lasgun neophytes squad entirely
>decides to charge his intercessors and chaplain into my solitary patriarch
>proceed to eat most of the intercessors and do a bunch of wounds to the chaplain despite his relic crozius

Why the fuck are all of you so terrible at taking pictures. I swear 9/10 photos posted here are a blurry mess.

There are correct rulings to most of these questions. That's an option of last resort and not a particularly helpful answer.

Ive got a question about wound allocation that I couldnt find the answer too.

Say I have a squad of three 2 wound models and they suffer three damage 1 wounds. Can I allocate one wound to each of the models therefore keeping them all alive or do all the wounds have to go to one model until it dies then move on?

Hey remember when instead of paying for power weapons against an armorless nemesis, grey knights had wargear that was actually useful for killing daemons, like guns that could ignore invulnerable saves?

That sure was something when the death watch weren't better at purging daemons than the grey knights.

that guy does really nice art

Pick a model and stay in him until he's dead or you run out if saves to make

The latter