MTG Financial Health Thread

Let's talk about our finances and investments in cardboard.

>Reserved List - How good is it still?

>Masters Sets - Still too many?

>Where do you leave your value?

>How are you buying/selling?

There's more chatter on discord too discord.gg/U5Yh4Vj - The MTGFinance Discord.

Is this for real? I support it.
What are the best cheap reserved list cards to start investing in? Lion's Eye Diamond?
How do you get graded cards in Europe?

>investing in cardboard
please don't do this

Why do you keep making these threads? The last one died with like 7 posts.

IS Rudy in the discord?

Yes, actually.

Too late. By a long shot.

Rudy from Alpha Investments?!?!?

stop trying to make this thread here and return to reddit

Another thread died for this shit. Please stop it.

The dead thread never lived, likely was just OP talking to themself. Still better than this one.

What if OP is just really lonely and anti-social and a Magic player and wants to talk to people?

I prefer threads like this than about the game.

Kill yourself

Is there a blockchain smart contact platform for buying and selling, inventory and logistics, printing and manufacturing Magic cards yet?

Would you invest?

>haven't collected magic cards for a while, no one to play with
>start working nights at my call center, loads of nerds play it here
>buy about 5 booster packs at a Walgreens on a whim and take them home
>open first pack and see pic related at the end
>think cool and keep going
>later check tcgplayer and see it's the most expensive card in the set
>mfw I have no face

>Reserved List - How good is it still?
I think it's good.

>Masters Sets - Still too many?
Don't really care.

>Where do you leave your value?
Huh?

>How are you buying/selling?
eBay, mostly.

>prints proxies

What are your feelings on the inevitability of getting reamed by Chinese counterfeits>?

Let me know when there's a more convenient way to order them. I want a few of my memedecks in paper, but they're $1000+ each for trash decks.

Firestorm. Playable in Legacy dredge and probably in any future deck that wants to bin some cards AND kill deathrite shamans.

I think there was some other 5 dollar playable cards in reserved list that people for some fucking reason don't want to buy out, but garbage sells like hot shit.

If only they were convincing some day. There is a lot of variance in WotC prints in themselves, but somehow chinashit manages to not look even close to real.

Also, if anyone ever gets actually burned by buying reserved list cards..... I don't really feel sympathy for them. It's not really a clever spot to 'invest' into, especially since the MtG seems to be steeping from the card price bubble. (As in, interest into the game is diminishing and people are getting tired of reserved list shit)

I've had some really bad fakes but I've had some really good ones. On newer cards, especially Mythics, you don't even need a loupe to tell the outline on the set symbol is fucked, although my Linvala passes fine (probably because no one expects someone with multiple genuine$100+ cards to be using a fake for a $40 card).

No, it's Rudy from Dunkin Donuts in South Boston.

alpha collector here.

about to sell over half my collection to diversify.

most of my collection are graded 8-9's.

I have a graded beta starter that's a 10 though.

I'm getting the fuck out of magic; it really isn't smart to be sitting on anything right now. unless we somehow hit a revival MTG is actually non-ironically dying.

The only way to cause a genuine spook in the price is if alpha collectors start destroying their own collections, very few people are buying at these prices, and the bubble is real.

chinese fakes are getting pretty good, so many people are buying proxies of entire sets and not even buying into things like Ice Age.

the politics with wizards right now has spooked people away from modern, but this is a dark era for magic, nothing past dragons maze has had any value at all.

What am I buying into instead of MTG? guess, anyone with a brain would know.

how much is my collection worth?
I'd say around 16k, but the chances i'd ever get that for the collection is pretty much non-existent.

>Buying Planeswalker decks JUST to crack packs earlier
>Buying Planeswalker decks to hold as an "investment"

Why are Magic players so retarded?

Add to the equation that people buying and selling cards/collection are out there to make money, so your estimated value of collection is usually always lower than the "market price". It's just not possible for everyone to be selling on profit, so someone has to take a hit in price for someone else to profit. Take into account that even revised list are most of the time in bubble and when someone pops it, the fluctuation is around 50 or so %, which is pretty damn uncertain ground already.

There is probably a mix up here. Rivals walker deck is supposed to still have them (pic) and I can confirm that the Ixalan decks did too. The picture says "duel decks" so I figure this guy got merfolk vs goblins and doesn't know what he's talking about.