Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Magnus did everything wrong edition

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/10/regimental-standard-vile-new-abhuman-strain-spotted/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=QnEanO1QT4o

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=1773115687
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for SOON.
Never.

2nd for Trazyn

>thinking that picture is vect
REEEEEEEEEEEE

reminder that space marines are the most supported faction.

so why aren't you playing them.

Why is it anytime a Shadow Sword is seen in the lore, it's usually being destroyed and accomplishes little to nothing of note, least of all an engine kill.

I prefer the looks and playstyles of the other factions that I DO play.

I answered last thread, but here you go.
I'd like to play Marines so I can make some more , but giving into Space Marines would mean more Space Marine sales, meaning GW would be less inclined to make non Space Marine kits.

Is the based user going to upload the Daemon codex over the weekend?

It's already uploaded without bookmarks though

Opinions guys.

Typhus' regular pose is pretty shit in my eyes, so I've moved his scythe to his lower hand (nobody will notice he has two right hands it's a gene defect shut up) but I'm torn as to what to put in his raised arm hand.

I'm torn between an Icon of Nurgle, the chalice from the Blood Angels Conversion Kit (just filed down to get rid of all of the blood angels insignia, stuffed with green stuff, then some nurgle's rot on top and down the side to give the impression it's just full of juice) or another model like that one other guy did. Maybe a Primaris helmet or something.

Thoughts?

What are you working on?

what? where?

Did Biggest Birds actually get cheaper in the daemons codex?

I liked user's version

his left hand

Why not one of those WACKY Nurglingsā„¢ we all know and love, user?

I think so

Space wolves should get a codex before any xenofags.

After looking at that I feel like I made a mistake just putting the hand on without actually DOING anything to make the model actually have a proper hand on the proper way around.

Space Wolves have the worst marine faction fanbase. Always attracts the autists for some reason.

You did make a mistake

I do have a nurgling with a grenade I could just have him carry in his hand that'll look just retarded enough to work.

And who do you play?

Is Ynnead Justin Trudeau?

Is your average primaris reinforced chapter's gene seed only being used in M42 to make new primaris from their scouts or are they still making new original recipe marines?

...Also do primaris only chapters have their growing initiates start as scouts still? Like, do the fulminators have a tenth company of guys going through implantation who learn scout shit?

Night Lords

It was super-late and I didn't really consider it to be noticable. Maybe I should grab a spare right hand from my blightlord kit and, y'know, actually do it properly.

GK.

Got hype about the Custodes on their way so I finished my current batch of Guardian Spear swinging bros

Finished up a trio of warbosses ive been working on

Custodian Guard squad

finishing building the Custodes I got a month ago and forgot about

Working on some listbuilding for the new dex

Outrider: Slaaneshi Daemons: 829

HQ: 198
Herald of Slaanesh on Seeker Chariot with The Forbidden Gem: 116
Herald of Slaanesh on Steed: 82

Fast Attack: 396
Hellflayer: 93
Hellflayer: 93

5 Seekers of Slaanesh with Instrument of Chaos: 105
5 Seekers of Slaanesh with Instrument of Chaos: 105

Troops: 235
30 Daemonettes with Instrument of Chaos and Daemonic Icon: 235

Reinforcement Points: 181

Reinforcement points will mostly be used by the Steed Herald to bring in Fiends of Slaanesh or maybe another squad of Daemonettes. If you can't tell, I'm mostly relying on two of the Start Collecting here. Not sure what to buy after that.

Custodes and a Knight. Also attempting to sell a Khorne Daemon army.

*171 reinforcement points, not 181

Custode boys.
Nice gits you got there.

Worf syndrome.

>mutilating a piece of art
do whatever you want, user

You're the guy who had 14 warbosses right
So you're up to 17

wow, lotta golden boys

Im waiting on a puppetswar order from like 2 months ago for a biker warboss, so ill have 18

God I hope they release a ghazzy/megaboss kit

Nah my first set were black and silver with red power weapons. Next will be some form of the white ones, not a huge fan of pure gold.

For the record, I got them when they came out. Not on the codex bandwagon

are any of the leman russ variants worth running aside from the battle tank?

I dont wanna put you down or anything but the red weapons really aren't doing it for me

Hey folks, Chart user jr. here. The Space Marine (generic) chart is done, and you can findd it here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=1773115687

Or alternatively, Space Marines tab in the doc in the OP. It doesn't include any chapter-specific units, but every generic unit in the Space Marines codex is there, with damage and point efficiency calculations. Any feedback, criticism or accusations of faggotry are welcome. Next up is Chapter-specific units (excluding BA, DA and SW, which have their own sheets albeit in need of updating). (Also fuck Sergeant Equipment.)

He's got to be messing with you. I've yet to see it.

In Know No Fear a shadowsword melted word bearers landraiders and baneblades in a rescue scene. Good stuff.

Yes.

Is there a link to where the downloads are kept?

Yeah they look like carrots now that I've finished it. I'll try fiddling with them later but it's not a huge priority at the moment.

rotting apple, its pottery

which ones? The battle tank variants are all garbage from what I could tell. Is the punisher good?

sitting infront of my painting desk looking at my massive backlog and weeping quietly to myself

your backlog < my backlog

I just finished building an entire army, mate.

Bossmob when?

Too real.

Is it a bad idea to get 2-4 squads of Rail/Ion rifle Pathfinders? I already have two squads for ML.

Genestealers would be cooler if they were attached to a different faction

I'm about to get into 40k. Can't choose between the Grey Knights and Thousand Sons. Which are easier to paint somehow passably for a complete beginner? I have zero experience with stuff like this.

Is the Thousand Sons Codex likely going to be the smallest one yet?

Are you me? i literally let someone help me paint my armies and he managed to ruin some brushes i bought 3 days after buying them. I now have no small detail brushes so i cant actually do the trim on my Bloodcrushers.

If I had a proper dedicated painting station I'd make so much progress
Now I just keep my stuff scattered around in drawers

I thoroughly disagree with that other user. Red weapons look good.

I imagine that GK would be easier
Tsons is probably gonna be a better army though

This.
GW should make some foldable painting desk or something. They'd make bank on that.

about 100 space marines
Whole tyranid army
4 malifaux crews
all 4 shadespire warbands
about 3000 points worth of dropfleet stuff
2k Chaos Dwarf army.
all in various stages of assembly, prettymuch nothing is painted some of it is undercoated

>that feel when listening to DoW voice acting
comfy

>Chaos dwarfs

My nigga

Thanks man, I like the red I just think there's too much orange.

>GW should make some foldable painting desk or something. They'd make bank on that.
these are the people that buy gw rulers

I keep mine scattered in boxes next to my desk and on my desk. I need to actually put some of my paints away at this point.i am out of room to play my keyboard and headset.

>tfw I can't say 'reaver jetbikes' without adding 'THE FASTEST INSTRUMENTS OF PAIN...and death.'

2000-3000 points of Orcs & Goblins, 2000-2750 points of Wood Elves, 1000ish points each of Orks, Eldar, Space Marines, Custodes and SoB
I think thats most of what I have going..

I had the impression that the Grey Knights would be more difficult after seeing pic related, that banner looks like a bitch to paint

what happens to the chaos gene seed?

You play your headset?

Reminder that your games should have about 12 pieces of terrain.

Yes user. I play my headset. Dont you?

The banner is piss easy, it's all molded onto it. Arguably more easy to paint than the models themselves, I mean you learn how to stay within the lines in kindergarten. Painting it very pretty might be another story, but that's always the case

>Death to all who sprayed their GK models silver and just did a single wash over the entire model

>playing with < 20 pieces of terrain

The standard I like to go by is that at least a quarter of the board space should be occupied by shit that blocks LOS

It looks like an awesome instakiller of doom with unparalleled survivability. The 40k equivalent of a Jagdtiger or something.

Thing is, look at the things it faces: Fucking Titans, with Void Sheilds and crazy-OP weapons like the Volcano Cannon acting as just one of its weapons instead of the primary. When a Shadowsword isn't fighting 'minor' war machines like Russes and Land Raiders, and facing true titans, it's role becomes comparable to that of a measly Stug III or IV: Inferior to "Proper" war machines like a Tiger or even a Proper Panzer IV, but cheaper and easier to produce and maintain. It relies on stealth (yes STEALTH, compared to a titan this monster is actually kinda stealthy) to attempt a first alpha-shot on an unsuspecting enemy because in a proper fight it's really outmatched.

I have a GW tape measure because mine exploded in the middle of a game at the store, there was no way I was gonna delay the guy long enough to go to home depot or some shit.

If such is the Emperor's will!

You roll a 1 or something?

Working on some nightlord themed renegades and heretics and I'm mixing and matching the bits from the grave guard and Cadia boxs
>how does it look

You really don't want to know

This guy is Leadbelcher-> multiple coats of thinned Drakenhof Nightshade->Ironbreaker all over, avoiding recesses->Stormhost SIlver on edges->thinned Nuln Oil Gloss/Guillman blue glaze layers near the edges. The sword alone took 3 hours, though.

I always read it as TRAYZON and I can't help but think of him as a hooded black teenager.

Kommadant Warboss is fucking godlike.

is it stupid or slaannesh related?

Those massive wings look quite silly. I like how they have a skeleton though, thats rad.

>spoopy skull heads, human hands
it works with the helmeted head because it just looks like a mask, the bare skull not so much

Also if you do have him holding someone, have them getting infested with the destroyer hive or something.

I don't really want to use the Shadowsword in game, but looking over all the variants and it's really hard to not use it. It does so much more damage than the others.

I kinda wish you could greenstuff flames for the skull dude on the right.

think he needs a hat though.