Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Journey to the North Edition
What do you bring with you when preparing to cross over the north pole?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archivesofnethys.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Vigilante Masked Maiden
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/98182/ruins-of-azlant-ap-by-sq
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100007/student-council-of-thieves
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100268/the-skies-of-avalon
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100370/skyfall
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Come play 5e nerds. We have four generals rn.

Why would you do this?

Rings of sustenance and bikinis of endure elements as you were told last thread.
Holy false flags, batman!

That's pretty good; but I'm always up to see more!

Is there a discipline in Path of War associated with natural attacks? If so where can I find it because I don't see it on the PFSRD.

Primal Fury

Chimera Soul. It's lost 'playtest but essentially complete' land. Just google it

If i wanted to add some utility into my gestalt build, is it better to get Electrokinesis Elementalist or just straight up Incanter? My other side is an Armiger

What are the best SoM spheres in terms of power and being just fun?

Fun can't be measured.

On the other hand, Swapping between two falcatas or 2 butchering axes with Armiger's pseudo full-attack/pounce routine is quite powerful.

Are there any Vigilante archetypes that give up all of their social talents?

Lancer

GA SHINDA

archivesofnethys.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Vigilante Masked Maiden
This is closest, not sure if it stacks with anything else to finish them off.

Skyfall not having a standardized app format is driving me insane

I don't understand the plot of the game based on the pitch.

MUH LEWDZ
That's it.

If you're allowed Legendary Games material, the Consumed Vigilante removes them all for some various self-sufficient benefits. If you are allowed Purple Duck Games, the Revealed Monster archetype trades them all away for bonus feats at 1, 5, 9, 13, and 17 (they can't be Combat feats, Teamwork feats, or Item Crafting feats though).

>thinking about applying to still another lewd game
I don't know why I do this to myself. Experience has taught me that "lewd" games are shit and people that willingly apply to them are shit. I've got to realize I'm never going to catch the dragon.

How likely is it that Skyfall is a fake game?

Rory/10

I don't follow /pfg/ e-celeb bullshit
What does that mean

In general I keep my magical realm to my own lewd games that I can play myself. As much as I know people who share my fetishes does not mean we are all comfortable doing it in RP

Everyone who applies to lewd games are shit? Sounds like a case of sour grapes to me.

It will likely run.

It will likely suck.

I thought I made it pretty explicit that I got the experience by getting into the games, user.

Link the roll20 and i'll tell you.

If that's the case, you must have at least one story you can share with us.

Recruiting:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/98182/ruins-of-azlant-ap-by-sq

Could someone please review these apps and show whoever's spamming this game that they're awful so they can fuck off already? I suck at reviews.

Quit pretending like there aren't more games. Fucking ungrateful.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100007/student-council-of-thieves
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100268/the-skies-of-avalon
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100370/skyfall

It's the Skyfall link, this guy posted it

Electrokinetic Elementalist or Incanter for a gestalt gish build? Mainly for utility and gish synergy

Also, a rule question, if you took Armorist(Wis) and Elementalist(Cha), so two SoP classes with different casting stats for example, can you use any of Wis or Cha for all of your sphere magic?

Based purely off the page it looks like its not a bamboozle, purely from the amount of effort put forth.

ofc it always could be, but i'd rate the risk low

If you draw a magic circle in blood and shout "thirteen pages" three times, I'm sure someone will answer.

I'd rather review the GM.

Aight senpai i'm on it.

I'll do that shit too

The guy replied to himself two threads ago.

Is there a good cheat sheet out there for Mounted Combat? This shit is like eight different places scattered throughout the core rulebook. It's ridiculous

Kind of wary of these two, honestly.

Aight so lets start with the GM

>Doesn't allow 3pp
I mean I get it, 3pp can be hard to work with.
>Core races only basically
but why tho, why would you legislate this, people all just hyooman anyways
>doesn't allow guns
oh no
>ABP
oh nooooo
>just bans summoner

Seems like this person is some kinda paizo forums shitter. I don't think they'll bamboozle but they don't read as competent.

Oh, in that case they're likely the same bamboozler that bamboozled with Iron Gods and i wouldn't trust them.

Aight i'm gonna go down the apps here and not put too much effort into them, ideally i'll take out 3-4 in a post.

its bad.

Please don't shit up the thread with "reviews".

Banning summoner is perfectly legit, especially if you're limiting the party to 1pp.

Why?

Have you tried looking at his hours versus the others?

>Seems like this person is some kinda paizo forums shitter. I don't think they'll bamboozle but they don't read as competent.

Banning summoner is fine. That class fucks action economy sideways and has the best 6/9 list in the game.

Not the Anons who asked any of that, but Cool.

Link?

Make it serious at least please, and not meme-tastic?

here we gooo

>Cacklespit
Literally a placeholder, moving on
>Some elf bitch with a long name
A generic elf thats all haughty and is also a wizard, also is a blaster, boring and generic, and doesn't even score points for execution, next
>Calixtis
Literally uses the terms 'DPS', and isn't aware of feat tax systems, at best this character is a generic grumpy person, moving on
>Ani Nailo
I appreciate the attempt at a backstory told through dialogue, it feels stilted. She's telling me this but why? Idk its just like saying things? Thats just exposition The best so far by far merely because i can read the effort.
>Long elf name, male edition
Actually a good app
>Zaira
Instantly comes off as a genetic mary-sue i'd read in someone's shitty fanfic. Complete with personality
>Kalo
Anyone that uses the word 'tank' as a role in Pathfinder deserves to have their sheet discarded
>Delvain
>DPS
wake me up inside
basically a placeholder
>Uthak Mok’rath
A goodguy orc who can't make a good impression because everyone hates orcs. Thats actually aok.
>Murphy
An irish elf bomberman? This is strange but, AOK. But i don't know why an elf gypsy is irish sounding and irish named, but honestly I'm willing to ignore it at that point because this sounds entertaining at least.
>Moulin Rouge
Pun names are painful, and this character is re-used and lazy
>Bread Elf
Adam why are you apping to this game.This is a standard /pfg/ tier app in a sea of garbage app trash.
Like in any /pfg/ game this would be a solid one, here it feels like a shoe in.

Alright more in the next post

We'll agree to disagree, I don't like banning of classes straight up. But thats just my opinion

You're talking to an idiot who doesn't understand why summoner would be banned, why would you think it'd be anything other than shallow attention whoring?

How hard do animal companions fall off if you don't focus your build around them? I'm thinking of playing a Sylvan bloodline Sorcerer but I want to do other things but just buff him, like debuffs or battlefield control.

Who is going to wear the bikini of endure elements?

Animal companions are fantastic if you get their Int past 3
They are very very bad if you don't

>Finally getting done with my excuse to make a new character the Skyfall game
>See that it actually starts at 6th level, not 5th level

>Adam
Namefag and shit player detected, so ofc he's going to get in

Better to need to add a level than take one away.

What makes getting int above 3 so important for them? Not who you are talking to, just wondering because I've got a Pegasus animal companion (Due to an archetype) and I'm wondering what it's int 10 will really help there.

When they get to int 3, they can take feats that aren't on the animal companion whitelist, and you no longer need to teach them specitic tricks

Ah, right. The whitelist, I forgot about that, still pondering what feats to take on a pegasus.

> pic
Someone would say eskimo oni. I say abasy girl.

Carrying on

>Mannius
Real solid app with lots of good stuff. There's a lot to like there. Explanations of how the character prefers to argue, a simple backstory, a bit of his ideals. I got to say this one is a fucking winner. Feels fully, thought out, i can see how this character would operate in games
>Gauss Brewer
The only part of this app that bothers me is that it doesn't explain why Cayden other than apparently that's the one. It doesn't jump out at me, but this app doesn't offend me. With a bit more work it, it could be great.
>Angela
This is a cute app of a paladin-but-not-actually-a-paladin including that the character basically sees themselves as a paladin. I like that, i wish there was a bit more beyond that to the app. Its a solid base to build upon, it needs a little more spice.

A brief aside but these later apps are sooooo much better its kind of absurd

>Luca Cazynsik
A hedonist app, that's always neat to see. This one kind of comes off ok, but he doesn't come off as a big enough douche for me to enjoy that part, and the actual 'oh but he totally is interested in spirits too' feels tacked on. This character needs to be more of a shitbag honestly, I'd buy it a lot more if he was interested in the relics for money, and found his own powers a tool for manipulating others. rather than them being something he's interested in.
>Sheera
I have a lot less to say here. This character never grabs me in any way, she's just a druid thats upset that people don't like nature as much as her. Thats really all the character is. And thats ok, I guess, but it ain't much to write home about. Just kind of a nicegirl druid naturegal, whatever
>Tengu Aasimar
This character is so bland its hard to even talk about. His story is silly, he doesn't feel interesting or impact, it just sorta is
>Santiago
This guy it just so GOOD and HELPFUL he reads like a light novel protagonist. He's just a goodguy that wants to start a business. No spice. Snore.

Moving on.

>Jaque
If the goal of this app was to annoy me, it succeeded. If that's the personality of the character its portraying, great, but that character is annoying and cloying and I hate it.
>Laufey
An overly long story with a cartoonishly evil mother, this app just feels fine, the effort is there, but its so long and most of it is uninteresting, she doesn't seek vengeance, just to keep living, and thats a really boring character most of the time. Survival is only an interest motivation when the situations one is trying to survive are in themselves, interesting.
Also 'muh gamewrecking CN' is an annoying meme. spoony was a mistake.
>Krabat
Boring 'muh oppression' tiefling lacking an interesting story or motivation. Mentor figures included in a story need to give impetus to a character when they're used like this, here its just to explain why he can do the things he does
>Julianna
Constantly saved by mom and wanting to get out from under her thumb is ok, but she's just not interesting beyond this. There's more interesting ways to do this. Especially the part where she's instantly calling out that she had it under control i thought her mom was like a ghost or something aka spiritualist but nope. Its fine, I guess, there's nothing really wrong i just thought it could be better
>Lois Margres Crawford
A backstory and personality blurb more interested in explaining ability and putting her on the island rather than giving her any personality do not an interesting character make

There, done, 4 posts reviewfagging. Considerably less shitting up of the thread. You're -welcome-.

>DMs that ban synthesist but not normal summoner

well thats just wrong

DMs that ban synth but not normal summoner have players that would be too overwhelmed by trying to handle all the paperwork and BS involved in playing a normal summoner.

At least synths still only have one body on the field outside of spells.

So basically it's a non-/pfg/ game that Adam app'd to.

That does appear to be what this is.

Is there any class that has a 'super' mode with dire consequences? The sort of thing that does Con damage equal to the number of rounds you were in it once you're out of it.

Well everyone. I could feel it coming for quite a while and it finally happened. The party dissolved into PvP. With the six of thus it was 4 vs. 2, with me on the side of the two.

My character had been getting blackmailed for six levels into betraying the party.

Anyone curious about what happened?

Kineticist.

Any where the super mode is actually good and not just on par with normal classes?

You're unlike to find something of that level but aspirant avowed has a very much super mode form.

>PvP
No. PvP stories are never fucking -ever- interesting.

I liked LeperGoblin's story.

>Anyone curious about what happened?

Of course, was this a /pfg/ campaign/

No it wasn't, it was a meatspace campaign with my buddies.

I generally soft-ban classes/archtypes that can have/summon more than one ally at a time.

It's not even about action economy or power level or player skill - it's purely based on how much time it takes to resolve 3+ different characters.

The leadership feat is off the table for the same reason - though I did allow two players of my party to get a NPC follower as long as they took the feat. (both players did not have any pet or summon capabilities)

If a player really wants to play a mass summoner or something like that, I'd think about it - but that hasn't happened yet.

Then tell me about it!

I'm the guy with the necromancer from a thread or two back that raised the bodies of his enemies with their minds still intact, and boy do I agree that playing a character with multiple bodies is a PAIN. I felt the need to apologize every time we fought in that final battle, because my turn ended up taking like, 5 times as long as everyone else's. Now, granted, all of that extra support paid off in the end since we won by the skin of our teeth, but geez it was rough actually going through it all.

Granted, the others were cool with it because we all enjoy my character so much, but I'm definitely going to limit how much backup I'm bringing to any given event based on how big of a threat we're facing.

Guys, help! I'm playing a level 17 Sorcerer/Psychic and I need to absolutely wreck the will saves of an inquisitor and a paladin to use my fun spells. What are my best moves?

Stop trying to mindrape your party.

I've gotta do it man, they're blocking my path of conquest.

You deserve death faggot

That's probably going to happen, I just want to have the most fun before I get there.

Henshin Hero.

It is and it isn't, the Summoner is OP but there's plenty of OP classes. Banning Summoner but not Wizard is PFS levels of stupid.

What classes would be good for a 2 man party?
The old summoner, barbarian aren't allowed and automatic progression is in effect.

Wizard, and Cleric or Druid. Covers every single base possible.

Druid is a two man party

Wizard and Paladin

Are any of the core races more likely to become ghosts in standard fluff?

Then tell your group you want to leave, but you want to try some out-of-campaign pvp first.

All you will accomplish in either case is getting yourself kicked out of the game, so why not cut to the chase?

Is the matter of picking between like..Sphere Magus and normal Magus mainly a matter of preference? I tried looking at all the different Spherecasters but they dont really work for what I had in mind really

There are specific rules saying female elven or half-elven bards are likely to return as Banshees.

Redpill me on oozemorph kitsunes /pfg/