Older D&D adventures which are NOT dungeon crawls

Does anyone have recommendations for good 1st and 2nd edition D&D modules which don't primarily involve killing shit and grabbing loot? Stuff that involves intrigue, investigation, politics, player agency, etc.

Edit:

Basically, an emphasis on story.

The second Ravenloft adventure, House on Gryphon Hill was SORTA like that.

Oh, so

>an evil dude just stole ur horses, are you gonna take it like a sissy?

Isn't enough intrigue?

I wont let him get away with this!

Speaker in the dreams, Standing Stone sort of.

The Great Ape Escape

Against the Cult of the Reptile God is kind of like that.
There's killing shit, but there's also intrigue and investigation galore.

There is no such thing.

Thanks user, will check these out.

Not really looking for post-TSR stuff, but I'll look into it. Thanks.

Isle of the Ape?

Anything else?

bump for interest

Best of White Dwarf Scenarios #1 has several very good AD&D adventures with meaty plot and substance. You still explore a complex and fight. I have used them repeatedly.
Vol #3 has a cool city with a complete map, and a purpose, but the building descriptions are hard to navigate.

The Sentinel, and The Gauntlet is pretty good also. Believable architecture and a real purpose.

Early Dungeon Magazines are also worth looking through.
Adapting Oriental Adventures scenarios might be worthwhile, as well. (the ones in Dungeon Magazine, the official ones are garbage.)

>Early Dungeon Magazines
Any of these stand out? I flipped through a few of them and some of the adventurers are pretty wordy and you can't really tell if they're decent until you've already read half of it.

that son of a fucking bitch

Cool. Do you...have them in PDF that you could post here?

Is this from an adventure?

No, it's from a meme.

#4 has Grog's
# 5 has matchmakers and Samurai Steel.
#10 they also serve is infiltration based.
# 11 has the wooden mouse, and Witching ways, #14 has baron's island.
#19 has Serpent's tooth
#39 has legerdemain
I also tend to modify or massively rewrite things.

I recently took #10 Threshold and tore it apart and made it for 7th level characters and it was 75% interaction 25% action.

I played or ran most of these long ago, so details are fuzzy.

Please don't post copyrighted stuff directly.
Go to Da Archive Thread - they should be there.

Wooden Mouse has a number of problems. The chimney on the first floor doesn't continue up, but that's minor. What's really bad is the tower at the end. Three pretty much unavoidable fights in a row, each of which will alert the next one. Wererat, orcs, and ogre result in dead thief.

They all have problems. I think they refused to let the cartographer ever read the scenario. I could rant on sloppy production values for ages. Just fix it. You recognize that random rectangles filled with random suicidal monsters are lame. You are way ahead of the curve. You will do fine.

You could always make the ogre drunk and oblivious.

Fuck! How will we ever catch up with him without a faster means of world travel???

Still my favorite D&D illustration of all time. Masterful.

Now I am just imagining Steve McQueen on a motorcycle being chased by gorillas on horseback.

OP here, thanks user! Not sure how easy it is to find those older issues, or anthologies collecting modules from them, but I couldn't have known about those on my own!

Hopefully enough others are also benefiting, here.

You are very welcome. They are all available on the PDF Share Thread, along with 95+% of all rpgs ever digitized.

The most recent thread is here
The first few pics are pdfs.
If you can't find what you want, wait until the new one and ask nicely.

The city beyond the gate, from Dragon #100. Adventurers jump through a portal in search of the Mace of Cuthbert, only to find themselves in modern London; murderhobos will meet a swift demise.

Escape From Pedof Isle!
Also,you are all haflings so you look like children

Didn't even know about that- thanks again!

Reading/printing stuff out as we speak.

You are now obliged to run this plot as an adventure for level 1 adventurers.

Intro: You were all happy villagers until one day the evil dude came, took everyone's horses and the cookie from the cookie jar. You all meet at the village mayor's house, where tells you

>an evil dude just stole ur horses, are you gonna take it like a sissy?

Adventure: It will take 12 days minimum to find the evil dude, no matter what. Each day you will need to roll for encounters every 1.35 hours and you will only find him once the cumulative sum of all your rolls exceeds 350. The evil dude has these stats

4th Level Human Cleric of Selvetarm
STr 12 Dex 9 Con 12 Int 12 Wis 12 Cha 12 AC 12 HP 12
Wearing leather armor
weiliding
mornign start +1 in right hand
mornign star in left hand

AFter you win you get a martriage cermony with the horese

warhammer fantasy rpg 2nd ed