/swg/ - Flying Winnebago Edition

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Legion battlefield setup preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/5/battlefield-recon/

Armada MC75 Profundity preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/3/profundity/
Armada Chimaera Imperial Star Destroyer preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/8/chimaera/

What was the silliest thing that ever happened to you or anyone else in your group during a tabletop Star Wars game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p09c0MXDxto&feature=youtu.be
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sana_Starros
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BRAAAAAPP WARS

still better than herkily-jerkily

Friendly reminder that Joe Johnston said circa 1980 that ESB is a George Lucas picture more than an Irvin Kersher picture.
And multiple sources bear this out.
(quote is from a book called "Skywalking", multiple sources are Skywalking, pic related, and me watching tons of Youtube BTS.)

When will people give up the ghost and Admit that Star Wars without Lucas (the Sequel Trilogy) is like the Krabby Patty without the secret formula?

what the fuck

>Flying Winnebago Edition

That's the state of YA fiction these days. If it's not pedo vampires, it's fart jokes in Star Wars.

friendly neighborhood armada shill just passing through, don't adjust your television sets

Is it just me, or does the ship on the middle right look kind of like it's got a scrotum?

>Is it just me, or does the ship on the middle right look kind of like it's got a scrotum?

All Nebulon-Bs do.

Anyone got some good medical droid images?

TLJ behind the scenes

youtube.com/watch?v=p09c0MXDxto&feature=youtu.be

Apparently there's four more weeks of Solo reshoots left.

At that point they'll have spent more time doing reshoots than a lot of films spend on principal photography. And it's meant to release in four months.

And there's still not even a poster or a trailer.

Is Ron Howard crashing the production with no survivors?

Nah. I have a good feeling about Solo. It's going to be a nice little movie.
>although I heard that that aren't actually basing it on Underworld scripts and that makes me nervous

I really want it to be about Han and Chewie being charming scoundrels, shooting first and ruffling the feathers of crime lords all over the outer rim.
>tfw it's going to be the Kessel Run, a Wookie life debt and not-so-subtle nods to various OT memes rather than telling an engaging story.

or its legends Han Solo Trilogy change few things and filled them up with memes and add Strong Independence

I hope we at least see how Han and Chewie meat, and that it involves Han being an Imperial and busting Chewie out or whatever the EU backstory was (never read the Han Solo trilogy but heard the synopsis and liked it).

*Strong Independent Woman who need no man

Nah, he's not met Leia yet. This is before the OT unless they utterly fuck the timeline.

But why? A lot of people share your optimism and I don't understand it.

We don't know ANYTHING about the movie except that it's had monumental production drama and excessive reshoots. That's a recipe for disaster.

It's like there's a collective bias towards the movie, and I'm worried the movie's going to release and suck but get praised anyways because of that preexisting unfounded conception.

Maybe it'll just be good. But the weight of the evidence (other nuwars films [although I liked TLJ], huge production problems, no marketing this close to release) point the other way.

Not Leia but i remember Disney canon he got a temp black waifu

no marketing this close to release? mate it's coming out in nov-dec this year?

Oh Christ help us, it's a double whammy.

Is that Luckas pushing his jungle fever fetish?

I'd be happy with them encountering some imperials, han making an offhand comment to the inevitable female lead that he smuggled Chewie out when he used to work for the Empire.
To be honest though, I'm pretty sure they'll drop the 'Han was formerly an Imp' in order to not tread on Finn's toes.

Solo has a May 25 release date

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sana_Starros

>But why?
Because Howard is a competent director for hire who owes his career to Lucas?

What's up with the fanservice boobcling hoodie? That's not how clothes work.

Seeing Han romancing another woman could be a neat way to develop his character without breaking his characterization at the start of ANH.

But it would be tricky to do right and they probably will just break his OT arc.

>What's up with the fanservice boobcling hoodie? That's not how clothes work.

Comic book artist used to drawing spandex (And used to drawing spandex like it's body paint)

I did it Chumbalaya. Your card is complete. All-text Fenn Rau.

On the bright side, it looks like it'll be so bad we'll totally forget TLJ even happened.

>The Phantom Menace
>Attack of the Crohn's
>Revenge of the Shit
>A Poo Hope
>The Empanada Strikes Back
>Reflux of the Jedi
>The Ass Awakens
>The Fart Jedi

>>The Phantom Menace
IS this being unchanged a reference to the Eopie fart scene?

I think ot just works as a "silent fart" joke.

Ah.

Okay, so this big motherfucker is supposed to be a flying HQ, Factory and, SPEWAC all rolled into one, right? Why the flying fuck is it in combat in the first place then? Why not just have this thing flying around a random uninhabited system hoovering up asteroids and just continually cranking out Star Destroyers?

Writers Combined SSD + World Devastator and what the fuck would they think next an even bigger Death Star or combine Death Star + Galaxy Gun and Center point station

Is the text in the upper left kinda sorta implying that Snoke is from another Galaxy?

What exactly are the little winglet things on the Victory II-class?

Dunno, not that I care, the ST is so boring setting wise, they can do whatever they want.
Before TLJ was out I searched a bit, he is some kind of dude from the unexplored region.

Missile racks, IIRC

Wasn't the lore supposed to be that usually that's exactly the case, but Snoke specifically brought it out for the movies' events because [plot]?

I tough them as some class of missile battery, also it looks A E S T H E T H I C .

You know, if the ST pulls extra-galactic invaders as it's final thing, I'm genuinely gonna forgive it.
If they straight up pull the Vong, I'm going to be actively in support of it because at the very least it's taking arguably the single biggest risk it could and shaking things up as much as it can.

iirc the reason for the reshoots was because the original directors were comedy guys and the film was being made like a buddy comedy, which clashes with whats-her-names vision for it

JJ's back for nine so i'd say give up now, but god dammit if the Vong showed up i'd shit my knickers.

If they are the vong, not even a original idea in the whole sequels.

No clue, honestly.

Neat. Thanks friends

Never thought i'd say this but i'd cheer and welcome our extra-galactic overlords if the big bag ends up being the Vong

If Leia had been the one to McNuke the Supremacy, then we could've seen Holdo and Poe mutually apologize to/acknowledge one another face to face, and then team up and work together in the next movie.

It feels like that didn't happen exclusively because they wanted to kill off one OT character per film and RJ couldn't tell his story about Luke and have him survive the film without gutting some of the emotional impact. (Although personally I think the same plot but ending in Luke in an anchorless meditative place would've worked too)

Yeah, one of the dumber things about this movie was that Luke dying felt unrelated to the plot.
The movie could have been exactly the same but still keep him alive.

And what's worse, they could have done other things. Have him show up doing his astral projection trick. Leia? No, she doesn't pull herself back. She's mostly untrained and so goddamned old. So she tries, and fails, and then suddenly there's fucking Luke doing the same thing for her. Other critical moments that were saved by pure deus ex machina bullshit? Luke!

And then he keels over from overexhaustion and the walrus fucks him to death or something.

Putting myself in RJ's shoes, I think he saw it as the story of Luke's death, rather than a story in which Luke dies.

And to Disney's credit, they let the man execute his vision.

But I concur that for me, it wouldn't've have mattered. The core of Luke's arc is transitioning from "I've lost my way" to realizing "no, I had just chosen being lost AS my way". Having him end the movie watching the twin sunset, deep in thought and now *actually* unmoored, would have been emotionally satisfying for me.

I don't agree with all this, though. Except the walrus raping him, which is an unfulfilled niche ever since the Revenant rumors.

>which is an unfulfilled niche ever since the Revenant rumors.
lul
That brings me back.

Pick one, then. You've got a million and one uses for Luke doing his astral projection trick that would make more sense than what actually happened. Each manifestation looks more and more exhausted until the final one, where it's revealed he is on the other side of the galaxy and dies.

If he had to die, it was a ridiculous death.

Oh c'mon, user. Separate yourself from the context of what happened around Luke's death, just for a moment - and tell me that the final scene of Luke meditating, at peace, watching the twin sunset like he was back home and finally becoming one with the force, wasn't a good way to go out. His death wasn't ridiculous, it was one of the most respectable deaths in the entire franchise.

Not him, but it has less impact when the dying part itself feels like an afterthought.

It was.

But that doesn't make the lead up any better. Removing the context to anything can remove an objection, and it was a fucking stupid way to kill him.

It was one visual even a child could have composed, surrounded by shit.

Stop fucking blaming RJ for JJ's and Kennedy's shitty mistakes/ideas

Why would a 50 year old man decide to become one with the force when he still had plenty left to do in the Galaxy. Obi-Wan had no choice and Yoda died of old age.

He wrote and directed it, it's his screaming skinless abortion of a movie.

Yeah, the man just wanted to indulge his WALRUS FETISH.

He had plenty of shit ideas that he added to the shitpile that is the ST though.
He stomped to the top of JJ's shitmound and took a nice dig dump.

One issue pervading everything around TLJ is that people talking about the quality of the film and people assigning blame for the quality of the film keep mixing in elements from the other side and everybody ends up talking past each other.

I'm not saying he SHOULD have died, I don't think he should even be in the position he's in in the movie; but again, separated from context, I think it's a really good way for Luke to go out.

When did James Joyce find the time to write a Star Wars novel?

After what they did to him and his legacy? I will not shit in how Hamill did his character, he was a fun crazy hobbo, but that Luke didn't behave like Luke, at all. Luke was all about redemtion, family and duty, to surpass yourself, to never give up to even the most wretched being in the galaxy. Neo-luke is a pitiful shadow of a man he onces was than betrayed All his principles to wallow in self pity and green milk, after one mistake.
Eh, good for you to forget all that, at least see why people hates everything about it. You can separate the final, for example I can't, I can see it separated of the whole, but because I can put him outside of the OT Luke. Than he died for the equivalent of twisting his nephew nose is underwhelming as fuck. And even saving the resistence wasn't even totally his moment, he had to share his last one with Rey levitating all those Rocks.

Hey, I'm no fan of how they portrayed Luke either. I remember seeing an interview where Hamill says something to the effect of "I [Hamill] said to Rian, 'we have to think about the fans', and he said 'no, we have to think about our movie'" - it's where that one gif of Hamill burying his head in his hands comes from. I don't think the writers and producers of this movie care for Star Wars and it's characters as much as it's fans do - as much as Hamill does, so they don't care about portraying them accurately because LOOK AT OUR NEW PROTAGS, GUYS!

I guess the best analogy I can make is the hyperspace ram scene - it has a myriad of issues leading up to and resulting from it, we've all seen the arguments and read the discussions - but it was still a cool shot. Doesn't excuse it's existence, just trying to see a little silver lining in things, however slim.

"It looked cool, so it's okay".

People aren't arguing about the cinematography here. They're arguing about literally everything else.

Ah, you are still trying to look for the good parts. You have more hearth than me. I definetely crossed the Disney new trilogy, and will be wary of paying to see any of them (I didn't do it with TLJ, for example). I will still scout for anons than like the nu canon for some jewels, but I'm very concerned about how little any of them are saying about nu canon. I'm all for getting the few diamonds, but for the moment, Nada.
Heck, any EU novel had plenty of interesting shit, like Truce at Bakura. You can like or dislike how wierd the Ssi-Ruk are, it feels Star Wars trough and trough, and for any RPG it introduce plenty of cool shit, like the Carrack or the Quasar Fire.

How many people die, or get enslaved when Mandalorians get bored?

In the EU they genocided entire species for giggles and to stole they shit, so a lot. Galaxy wide panic levels.

Isn't that the Jedi's fault though?

>"Hey Jedi come out and fight or we'll genocide these cat people."
>Jedi don't fight
>Cats die

I subscribe to the belief that Rian took a dive for all of us, I think he intentionally made the movie the way it is to make us realize what the franchise is doing. It's like a filter for people, those who are complete sheep to the power of spectacles (people who like the movie) and those he was trying to save by telling them to move on.

Rian went all an hero for us.

>blaming the jedi for what they didnt do instead of the mandos for what they did do
i know sin of omission exists, but jeez you are blaming entirely the wrong people for this

It's their fault for not genociding the mandalorians after they genocided another race.

Jedi could have stopped it, but they didn't. Mandalorians did nothing wrong, except lose.

The absolute madman

>1 mando woman for 90% of a species

not a bad trade

She wasn't Mandalorian, she didn't want to genocide space furries, so she had to die.

Mandos are the best

"We should extirpate the space furries."
"What? That's insane. Why?"
And then they shoot her, point and scream "BECAUSE THE SPACE FURRIES KILLED ONE OF OUR WOMEN".

That's the imperial Air Cruiser from Galactic Battlegrounds, isn't it?
Looks like a larger version of the Patrol Transport from Rebels.

>vision

Making it darker and killing more characters off is not a "vision" That is just fanfic tier worldbuilding.

We literally haven't seen the film yet. How exactly do you know it's going to be dark and kill off characters? All we know is they didn't like it being comedic, and judging by how hated all the Marvel quips are on this board I would think that's welcome news?

How would we get a government in Star Wars that actually cares about solving problems like slavery, corruption, smuggling? Would it have to be Emperor Vader?

>and judging by how hated all the Marvel quips are on this board
i guess i am the only person who likes them

>How would we get a government in Star Wars that actually cares about solving problems like slavery, corruption, smuggling?
well, there is a gulf of difference between cares and effectively capable of enforcing it on the outer rim

old republic wanted to end it, but too many client systems liked slavery and kept practicing it anyways and blockaded attempts to enforce it, others openly supported it and dealt under the table on so fort, and some were just too far to properly be enforced

Yeah but I don't think either the Republic or Empire ACTUALLY cared. Hutt Space for example, still exists. No one moved to do anything about it, even though it's a central sector of crime. I'm an Empirefag and I admit that Sheev didn't really give a fuck about stopping corruption as long as they supported the Empire.

What would they do about the Hutts exactly? No one "allowed" Hutt Space to exist, it was just impractical to attack them.

He is the most evil man from our universe
Donald Trump

>it was just impractical to attack them
what would it take to conquer hutt space and liberate them from being literally ruled by the space mafia

Apparently more than any galactic government was ever willing to commit. The Hutts have ruled their little empire for tens of thousands of years. They have such wide-reaching business and criminal contacts that even the massivley militarized authoritarian Empire just didn't bother trying