What is your opinion on god/goddess characters being portrayed as retards?

What is your opinion on god/goddess characters being portrayed as retards?

Other urls found in this thread:

tanasinn.info/wiki/Main_Page
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Better than being sex hounds, worse than being crossdressers.

You probably have an innate talent for performing them.

As long as they don't post anime outside of the containment board on Veeky Forums they have the wisdom of the SAGEs compared to you OP.

Worked for Azathoth

t. Kazuma

>implying it's /a/ that's a containment board and not Veeky Forums.

Depends a little on what kind of god they're supposed to be, but there are certainly some good deific paradigms where gods with atrociously poor judgement would be appropriate. I know the Greek gods got up to some shenanigans and I'm under the vague impression the Norse gods did too.

This is a pro anime site and I can post whatever I want, nerd.

This only works if you post decent anime. You deserve to be banned for this stereotypical trash.

Depends if they’re actually retarded or just fucking around, I like the secretly competent god who doesn’t like to be serious. If they’re actually retarded I don’t like them, however I’ve never seen any god portrayed this way
>pic
What I imagine you look like

Who got your panties in a twist?

My gods have different way of thinking, of course, and two of them are simpler than others.
The fire god is honest and impulsive, the poison god is aggressive and stubborn.

In a lot of settings, historical and fictional, deities are really little more than extremely powerful immortal beings but emotionally and intellectually not much different from their mortal counterparts.

Sure, often the paragon examples and upper echelons of a pantheon may be mentally exceptional, and obviously there are One-Above-Alls that are often omniscient to some degree, but for most deities being of human mental capability isn't much of a drawback in their roles.

So yeah, seems perfectly reasonable.

Gods can also be young and old. They have the omniscient watch over their people, but "maturity" can be relative.
Mines are linked to nature, so more than human behavior, they have animal instincts.

>secretly competent god who doesn't like to be serious
I had a god in a campaign act like this, being absurdly powerful and terrifying, but mostly just fucking with the players.

Gods/Goddesses of love, fertility, procreation and nature should be somewhat dumb and massive sluts.

>pro anime site
Nah

The only time they spend on the mortal realm should be spent being motherly virgin killers to little boys.

>pro-good-anime site
>anti-bad-anime site

They could help older men with their problems too, but they should be willing to give their all.

The ditzy fertility goddess archetype is great, though I don't so much care for ti when it overlaps with it being the setting's sole nature or love deity.

Would they teach godly sex techniques?

Accurate

What an amazing mythological creature. Is that a snekleo?

Not the sole one, no, just the Love Goddess of Dumb Blondes and Thots.

Or alternatively the dual-natured goddess of love and purity.

In my setting there are only five gods who were born gods - the gods of Chaos and Order (the first two and the overwhelmingly most powerful), Magic, Darkness, and Death. Every other deity is an ascended mortal.

They ascended because every millennium the extant gods have contests between each other, betting portions of their divine power and using mortals as pawns. However they have a rule that no god can go over a certain level of power, so excess divine power is instead invested in mortals to make them gods (usually the mortal pawns they were using).

The very first of these, imbued by the Chaos goddess, was Arraska, who is now the goddess of beasts, hunting, and the kill-or-be-killed aspects of nature. She was literally just an albino wolf that the goddess of Chaos noticed and thought was neat.

Since she was a nonsapient animal that was suddenly granted the intellect and power of a god, she can sometimes be pretty stupid. She's not good at long-term planning and in fact sometimes even seems to have difficulty understanding the concept of "tomorrow". She also isn't good at keeping track of her followers unless she's personally interacting with them.

Although and on the other hand, she does have a very good concept of risk verses reward, which is one of the reasons why she's in the top tier of deities, just below the original five: when the millennial game comes around, she never bets too much of her own power and is good at picking good pawns.

I dunno, I normally hate isekai but Konosuba isn't really stereotypical. Our Hero is generally portrayed as inept, for example.

I GET IT!

>goddess of fertility and love
This is roman tier of god. You really think war needs a god too?

Yes.

It makes sense that invulnerable immortal beings would not be subject to evolutionary pressures and therefore would never need to be smart.

But these two gods are clearly the popular tier of gods. You can call them barbie and machomen

>smartness != key to evolution
Eternity means memory and memory means you can resolve complex situations using past teachings. But I don't think being fair or smart is part of the deal, being a god just mean you have a lot of memory and perception over the world.

Annoying. To be considered gods they have to have some level of god-like power and immortality. Portrayed as selfish, callous, uncaring, sure, but not retards. A retarded god would be tricked into giving up their powers or transferring them to someone else too easily. The god needn't be necessarily cunning, but being stupid bars one from being an effective god

I mean these two were clearly invented by humans to control the basis of society, female make babies and cook, men makes war and protect the nation.
The best gods are the ones perceived/discovered by humans, like the old egyptians ones.

I want to bully a retarded goddess!

>Implying War God and Fertility Goddess don't fuck the hell out of each other

No, it's clearly a Lioake. The head animal goes first.

Yeah, they clearly do...on the side. Hephaestus the Cucked Hard Working-Man's God punishes them though.

>Kid looks more like a Rogue than a Bard.

>Implying he isn't multiclassed for maximum charisma cheese

Well, yeah, no duh.

"The Fuck God" and "The Kill God" are also probably the earliest, most primitive and basic of gods because they represent the most primal forces of nature in human and beast alike. Every civilization has/should have them.

>new skill
>pivot dick spin

jk aside, there was a splatbook for 3.5 regarding pretty much everything about sex.
it had sexual combat skills.
yea.

>sluts
Joy division's Belldandy. That's too on the nose.

On the nose, in the mouth, and everywhere else.

Also, sacred prostitutes, vestal virgins, holy whores, et al. where a thing in many cultures. I'm sure some of them had low IQs.

I want to fuck Aqua until she's knocked up.

>who doesn't?

>This is a pro anime site and I can post whatever I want, nerd.

No, Veeky Forums wasn't supposed to be an anime imageboard, it was supposed to be an english version of futaba which was an otaku imageboard

Anime boards were here first, sure, but the general idea behind the site was nerd culture and japanese web culture, not anime

To the ignorant, japanese web culture is anime.

Because they know nothing of japan.

>Gods started with nation building and rigid societal roles

this

And Italians don't all eat spaghetti every day?
You don't say.

they didn't, I know animism is an old belief, but empowering these two figures hardly (hathor/horus) mark a will to empower society (a simplistic/efficient society)

being heavily intuitive can be as efficient as smartness

would train

most civilization that want to grow fast and expend
that's why i talked about roman tier gods
greeks had aphrodite and ares, they weren't lovers and they weren't even top tier gods ( a sign of hedonistic society)

Ah I hear yah. Gods adapted as society started to seek roles for people. As such, they became another mechanism in which people can explain and expect others to fill societal niches.

yep, and monotheism means focused
ironically, focus is a feature of men, ancient societies were highly feminine (oral history progressively lost against written history)

>OMG I'm pregnant!

who's is this fluid druid?

(Was there an edit there?)

What are you implying?

Are you suggesting that anime isn't visibly part of japanese web culture?

If not, then go fuck yourselves.

If so, then go fuck yourselves, also you're wrong.

I want to hold hands with Aqua!

Plenty of historical mythologies did it. Wasn't aphrodite basically a massive thot?

Aqua.

She's a dumb, smug, bratty goddess in Konosuba.

She was a huge slut, yes.

So was Freya.

>hair clip is a water molecule

You may replace "smartness" with "memory" or any other quality and it still holds true. Once you're indestructible, nothing else matters. You might as well not have senses or memory anymore because nothing you'd see or remember has the ability to affect you anyway.

And if you do the thing in D&D where gods live and die based on mortals' belief in them, then there's your explanation right there for why they'd be retarded. In that case a god's mind is the average of the minds of thousands or millions of mostly-retarded humans.

Strawman

Worst girl. True patricians worship at the altar of the tiddylich.

>Belldandy
>Gods/Goddesses of love, fertility, procreation
>manipulated and lied to a dude she was summoned by and who she claims she is in love with by casting a spell on him that virtually turns him asexual so he feels no sexual desire for her

Please sauce me papi, my googlings have turned up dry

Indestructible=/=invincible or omnipotent. You still need to do things in order to accomplish goals, and the indestructible can still be imprisoned or restricted.

That's an odd nickname for Eris.

Chomusuke's got the right idea there.

Calling something a strawman doesn't make it one.

>daily reminder

Hades and dyonisos would probably agree with you when zeus and demeter wouldn't
eternity is a gift, but it's empowered by a all-mighty perception (senses, not knowledge), and extended experience/knowledge

as for you second example, would hathor only behave as a human, or would she have a cow part? was sehkmet aggressive and wild?
gods have a portions of what they represent, that's why they become interesting when they're somewhat hybrids or elementary based

I have no strong opinion on the concept itself, but I think it can be well executed if done by a good GM

The cat Eris? Long time not seeing her

You're right. He was wrong

You're just an ignorant retard that thinks that japan is just animeland

Fuck off.

But weren't a lot of Greek gods idiots? A lot of morals tricked a good bit of them.

They were. And they were petty. You tricked them or beat them? They fuck you over with fates worse than death. Know your betters, demos. You can't win against gods - they won't let you.

How many things in Greek mythology were caused by Zeus not keeping it in his toga?

Are any of the gods not massive dicks?

>This is the new retarded anti-anime argument Redditors have come up with

zeus was a symbolic way to motive and congrats the king of greece
in exchange of long debates and platonic democracy, they could fuck anyone they want

I've seen this image before. It's still fucking wrong

Veeky Forums's first boards were /a/ and /b/, both of which were dedicated to anime. That didn't mean that it was supposed to be an anime website

It was an otaku culture website. It was for people who liked japanese web culture and wanted to try and emulate it

tanasinn.info/wiki/Main_Page

And the sites it links are the closest modern things I can find that are in also in english that have what I'm talking about

Anime is a big part of Veeky Forums's culture, but it's not the core of it. Veeky Forums culture is otaku culture, not just anime otaku culture

I'm not against anime; I love anime, in fact Yu-Gi-Oh got me in to card games

It's perfectly okay to post anime reaction images, talk about anime when relevant, and even talk about anime and manga related to the subject matter of whatever board you're on

I just want people to know that Veeky Forums wasn't supposed to be an anime imageboard

By the way, does anyone have that screencap of moot complaining about weebs on SA?

Those posts say nothing anti-anime.

get a job you miserable faggot

>reddit spacing
check
>retarded opinion
check
>lack of knowledge about 4chins due to being filthy immigrant
check
>tries to pull this pilpul-shit
check

We need to petition Hiroshima Nagasaki to make "being from reddit" a bannable offence, too many shills from there.

>reddit spacing
I have yet to see an actual oldfag use this phrase. It's basically the easiest way to identify yourself as a know-nothing newfag who's trying way too hard to fit in.

Demiurge, the retard who created the universe.

this

>Maximum DMG control

You have been found out, you have been rekt and its time for you to stop pretending and just realize that your reddit shit simply isn't welcome here.

>I have yet to see an actual oldfag use this phrase
I just used earlier in the post you have replied to. Now you can go and kill yourself.

You know what's funny?

You keep saying that I'm wrong without telling me why

Make an actual argument please