That Guy

Can we all just collectively flip off That Guy?

Screw That Guy... I seriously was just hanging out at the game store today and play some MTG with a few buddies. when That Guy picks up one of my cards with his cheese encrusted fingers! While i was mid game!

Once one guy asked me to "take a look" to my game manual (i think it was wfrp 1e). The sound of the book's spine cracking wide open still haunts me. From that moment on i never take my manuals out of my house.

>An overfed chicken and a retard stable boy mop the foor with us (each in different encounters)
>GM gets buttmad that we keep declining the "save the country from the Litch", "save the country from the dragon", etc missions
>Literally rocks fall and tells us the multiverse is done because we negleted our duties
...I don't get it, how do he expect us to face epic level threats when we can't even deal with his mudane as fuck shit? Also when nobody wants to join us or help us or anything

Yeah screw those guys

OH God I heard it in my head and had to check that my books were fine.
I don't let anybody else in my group touch them because I know they're all too spergy to look after them properly, and even if they could when they knew how I liked to keep things pristine one of them would damage it "as a joke".

how would that actually even happen

happen what?

>I don't let anybody else in my group touch them because I know they're all too spergy to look after them properly, and even if they could when they knew how I liked to keep things pristine one of them would damage it "as a joke".
Why do you keep playing with these people?

Because I have no other friends :(

Couldn't you try roll20?

That same guy once picked up my open 50 dollar rulebook. By one side just hanging and holding it by a few pages and a cover. Fuck that guy.

I eat powdery finger foods with utensils like chopsticks so that I don't get that shit all over my possessions. I probably have autism.

Which card was it? What type of game was it? Standard? Commander?

Last night we had one guy roll a nat 20, scream that he killed the boss, and then walk out when the DM said the boss was hurt, but alive. I never thought such a thing would actually happen IRL, but it did and I am just flabbergasted.

I thought WFRP 1e was soft cover

Sleeve your cards.

>I have no one to play with except turbo autimo sperglords
>Have you tried roll20?

At least the spergs on roll20 can't destroy your shit for fun.

My sides weren't meant to explore space this far

>Be low powered adventurers
>Have a torch to help explore dark areas
>Drop torch to fight off a band of skeletons
>Don't explicitly mention picking the torch up again, so DM rules that we "obviously" forgot to do that and promptly stumbled into a trap in the dark as we forged ahead blindly.
>Start meticulously listing every single thing I do, down to breathing, what hands I hold items in, my character's morning shave, etc.
>user, could you stop it? You're dragging down the pace of the game.

You gotta wonder the thought processes behind GM's who do this. Like do they think that it's funny to screw over people because they weren't concerned about the exact wording?

I hate when people use my stuff and fuck with it

>bought dnd starter kit, plus monster manual and players handbook
>invite brothers friends over for a session
>one brings their much younger brother
>waiting around for his turn, kicking his brothers starter kit on the floor and ripping it open with his foot, breaking the sides
>it was actually my starter kit

I'm so fucked up

>playing fortune and glory
>It's a pulp 1920's high adventure boardgame
>no black people
>that guy complains about diversity (he's white)
>Nazis and swastikas in it
>"ha.. haha... are you sure this isn't set in Drumpfs America"
>Moves his guy into South America
>"Time to punch a nazi"

Collective groans from around table. It's a public group. I think he thinks the people I usually play with are the "cool" ones or something (we tend to play very thematic games).

The game is about fighting Nazis and has a very Indiana Jones vibe to it, but the guy basically started roleplaying as Antifa, which just pissed everyone off. We like to keep politics out of it (I'm a Trump supporter, most of the people I usually play with are not, we keep it civil because we like games and are also normal humans). This guy cannot stop spouting reddit tier comments every 30 seconds.

I'm too nice to tell him "go away normie and let us play our racist games in peace".

I should just bring along Archipelago. It's a game about enslaving an entire race of savage natives and cashing in on their slave labour. It's not portrayed in a negative way.

>I'm too nice to tell him "go away normie and let us play our racist games in peace".
>I should just bring along Archipelago.
Funny.
Or, maybe, you could communicate like a normal human being that his comments about politics are not welcome at the table, but as long as he keeps them to himself, he is.

Or keep being "nice".
Pro tip: Nice people can communicate honestly and directly too.

Yeah, man, there's a point where being nice turns into being a doormat.
Tell him to stop talking politics or leave.

What did you do?

Nothing. Like always.

You're a little bitch soyboy who got cucked by Cheesefingers Chad and all you could do was sit there and cry.

Maybe when your nuts drop you can hang with the big dogs. For now, go play your card games in your safe space.

>The game is about fighting Nazis

I never understood this "punch a Nazi" meme. Every Nazi I met has had a buck knife and a set of brass knuckles in a good situation, and all these "punchers" seem like they've never thrown a punch in their life.

I mean, it's pretty retarded to pick a defunct ideology to support, but it's equally retarded to piss off people who carve swastika into their flesh.

The guy has zero friends except a few unpassable trannys on his facebook

He uses cracked as a source to back up some dumb shit he said about trump.

Imagine the kind of person that visits reddit 12 hours a day and participates in pun chains and downvote brigading.

He needs help. He'll soon pick up that we don't laugh at his dumb plebbit jokes or anti-conservative rhetoric.

Or he won't

He has never punched anyone in his life.

And despite me crapping on him, he is fine when he isn't being a dipshit. Learns rules fast, takes his turns quick. Isn't a sore loser. I think he actually has aspergers, so I'm not quick to unleash. When he starts on his monologues, I tend to just move the game along.

>All modern nazis are badass racist retarded psychopaths
You're conflating.
I met one "nazi" in my life and he was just a pathetically socially awkward teen who mostly seemed scrawny, clueless, and sad.

> I think he actually has aspergers,
>He needs help.
>I'm not going to help him.
>I'm not going to communicate honestly with him.
>He'll soon pick up that we don't laugh at his dumb plebbit jokes or anti-conservative rhetoric despite not showing any signs of it so far.
Good plan.
Solid thinking.

user, living life terrified of confrontations is almost as unfortunate as living life as a real life redditor.
Also, a GM terrified of confrontation is shit.

I'd call it being considerate, with a splash of talent.

>I'm a trump supporter

Stopped reading there, you deserve whatever autistic sperglords you get, faggot.

well, If you read the rest of the sentence, you'd see that the only people I play with are not trump supporters, who aren't retards like yourself, because they can deal with opposing opinions.

I'm not him, but you're precisely the kind of person that makes it necessary to keep politics away from the tabletop.

>you deserve whatever autistic sperglords you get, faggot.
For supporting a politician you don't like or for thinking we give a rat's ass on which side of the line they fall?

Found the soyboy. Hows that inverted penis treating you, you mentally ill faggot?

You make a good point, but consider this:

I'm there to play a boardgame, not make everyone hate me by upsetting some bugman who thinks everyone is in agreement with him.

You know how the world works these days. Offending someone automatically makes them right in the eyes of most people.

I'm not afraid of confrontations. I have them all the time at work with the tranny who insists on telling me he is depressed

>"Maybe you're depressed because of all the hormones you're taking"
>Looks at me in disgust

Kek. Thanks, I needed that greentext.

Getting back to the topic:
>Be eternal DM. Carefully laid out plot.
>Player: Oh god, there's the ploot hook. Plot means adventure, which means risk.
>Leads party in opposite direction, every fucking time.

mfw this behaviour is spreading between players and groups.

>I'm there to play a boardgame, not make everyone hate me by upsetting some bugman who thinks everyone is in agreement with him.
>Collective groans from around table
>We like to keep politics out of it
I don't think they will hate you.
I think you are a weak willed coward.

>You know how the world works these days. Offending someone automatically makes them right in the eyes of most people.
That is not how the world works.
That is not how interacting with most people works.
That is not how a small group of friends and acquaintances works.
That is how large masses of stupid people work.

I have, however, made the mistake of thinking you were a GM, based on your suggestion of bringing another game.
You are just one of several cowards all hoping the awkward annoyance will just go away rather than deal with it, and so allowing your game to be lessened rather than risk upsetting anyone, however briefly, by making a reasonable request to keep politics out of it.
You can all lie in your shitty bed, but I apologize for thinking it was your responsibility.

Also, stop taking your coworker's hormones, they're lowering your testosterone.

Only for poorfags.
I have my german 1e hardcover.

I recommend desensitizing them to risk by running a highly lethal game. Like a suicide mission.

So we're playing a game set in late early 30's, pulp adventure about the rise of hitler and the nazi party, and trying to prevent them from getting occult artifacts.

And you expect me to say

>don't make fun of Nazis
>don't say "punch a nazi" in a game about fighting nazis
>Nazi's are good?

Shall I just go and deny the holocaust while I'm at it. In the context of the game, there wasn't anything that could be said. This is the second time I've played a game with him.

Usually he is just talking about some news that is on /r/popular and pretending like he didn't get it from reddit.

>That is not how the world works.
It is in a liberal city. Most liberal city in this country

>That is not how interacting with most people works.
Have you seen the people who play boardgames as a hobby. The ratio of SJW's to non is out of proportion

>That is not how a small group of friends and acquaintances works.
Yeah, they aren't really my friends. Out of the 20 or so, I would call 2 or 3 friends. They are the ones I game with out of the public meetup.

>That is how large masses of stupid people work.
Sounds about right.

And I have excluded people. Played a game of Dune. One guy complained the entire game that it was unbalanced (it is, and he was told it was, and to play to his race's strengths).

I've told him "last game I played with you, you complained about it the entire time. This game is very random, there are lots of dice, you will die unfairly, and I don't think you'd like it".

So he sulked away. And then this other guy showed up to play.

Are you level 1 commoners or something? How does a level 1 adventurer of any class lose to a chicken? Did the stableboy have retard strength or something?

He's talking about the real skinhead types, not the children of /pol/. The type who might not hide it in public, the type who get swastika tattoos and the like. The ones who aren't just trying to be an edgy faggot.

>So we're playing a game set in late early 30's, pulp adventure about the rise of hitler and the nazi party, and trying to prevent them from getting occult artifacts.
>>"ha.. haha... are you sure this isn't set in Drumpfs America"

>And you expect me to say "Comments about politics aren't welcome at the table. Please don't get into it."
Yes.
But I also expect you to not post idiotic extremes like:
>>don't make fun of Nazis
>>don't say "punch a nazi" in a game about fighting nazis
>>Nazi's are good?
But then, perhaps I expect too much of you.

>>That is not how the world works.
>It is in a liberal city.
Truth is truth. Don't be an asshole. Ask for your fellow players to treat each other with respect and to leave uncomfortable and unrelated topics away from the table.
Done.
No liberal was harmed in the making of this statement.

>The most liberal city in this country is how the world works.
You're silly.

The one I met was neither.
He sincerely felt the best way to break the ice with a group of strangers was to say "Sure is great to get away from all the niggers, isn't it?" as a non-sequitur greeting.
This was in the age before /pol/ was as rampant as it is now.
He wasn't trying to be edgy.
He was trying to be liked and accepted by people tailgating before a concert.

JUST
FUCKING
KICK HIM OUT
YOU SPINELESS COWARD
EVERYONE'S GETTING PISSED OFF AT THIS GUY, REMOVE HIM, HE'S DOING IT IN THE CONTEXT OF THE REAL WORLD, NOT ROLEPLAY.

WFRP 1e was hard cover VERY susceptible for cracking. Like, mishandle it once and the book falls apart within weeks.

Yes, that is an exact quote of the response of everyone that had gathered together but then quickly dispersed.

Yes that's why. As a DM I used to do it because it's fun for me.

Uhhh 20 means you HIT THE MONSTER RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL GOOD

Dire Chicken.

>You have to be liberal to hate Trump

Shouldn't you be fucking your sister right now, Jimbob?

I bought some stretchable bookbinding/cover for my books, they are washable and keeps the cover free of scratches (which I found the 5e books are quite prone to). They are thin, so if the book fall on a hard/sharp surface the cover will scuff, but it would do that anyway. You can stack a couple of covers to mitigate damage. The cover keeps greesy fingers and cheeto dust off the cover. The only downside is if you keep them all the same color it's hard to tell which book is which in dim light. Each cover is 3-5$ a-pop, buy A4 since it will fit any book within 5 cm. If you don't think it will provide enough protection, invest in some faux/fake leather, it's cheap, durable and can easily be customized and made into a book cover

Ok boys, got one for you, my very first That Guy story, and I would not have believed it if I hadn't lived it
>playing 5e, running through Tomb of Annihilation with some buddies at FLGS
>3rd session in and we're setting up to head into the jungle
>we take in randoms sometimes, the store has a pretty cool crowd and I've met some fun guys to play with there
>We're playing one day, and the store owner comes over and asks us if have space for one more, brings over That Guy
Now, I don't like to shit on people with disabilities, normally it's not an issue, but this guy...
>sits down next to me, DMs busy, so when I can I start helping him make a character, lend him my PHB
> he starts grabbing at the corner with two fingers, sorta pinching at the page to lift the corner, then flip the page, and slap it down with the other hand
But wait it gets better
>starts asking me about how to make a character, questions like "What's the most OP race. If I'm going to choose one why not the most OP one"
>everytime he rolls under a twelve(4d6 drop the lowest) complains about low rolls
>then I notice the smell, like a toddler that didn't wipe their arse properly, then stewed in it all day.

campaign didnt survive this

>you have to be cuckservitive to hate democrats
Shouldnt you be watching tyrone fuck your wife (Male)?

That guy who makes a thread about “that guy” doing something retarded while he sits and let’s it happen, quietly thinking about how he can make a thread out of this in his favourite Sub-Korean hentai board.

My thing closest to a that guy is my DM
>Been playing campaign in dnd 5e for 2 years
>Still hasn't learned rules
>Fucked up the power scaling so bad that piles of poop we fight are tougher than ancient dragons
>Gives the character spot light to guy who's super submissive
>So whenever something happens when everyone but him gets charmed, he still goes along with the suicide thing
>Lots of no save shit
>Damage values for things are wrong, a chair does 2d10 damage, a shovel 1d4
>NPCs who have no reason to be tanky have more HP than 20 con man
>World berates us wherever we go
>NPCs talk about the villian like he's a bad neighbor instead of the doom he's supposed to be
>When we finally talk to the villian, after several in game years of fucking with him, he tries to convince us to join him in attempt to stale us so some guy who's super strong can kill us
>He's not convincing
>Lots of npcs that are stronger than us for no reason
>Lots of bad guys that cannot be killed because of narrative reasons, that we can't get past on our own
>Campaign used to be super fast, now it's super fucking slow and things that should be "yeah you do that" take sessions
>DM complains that we aren't taking his world seriously
>Take his world seriously to appease him
>Get the poop monster that took 13 turns to kill
>And serious NPCs start to treat my character like a child

>used to
Let me guess, people started giving you paragraphs of description and you decided to stop being a sperg to keep the story moving or you finally grew up and realized that the only person laughing at that stupid shit was you?

My RL group told me they wanted Nat 20s and Nat 1s to matter more in my games. With "you succeed like a demigod" and "you shoot your friend" type effects. I'm miffed about the idea, this isn't really my style.

More on topic, the group's resident That Guy is a Dwarf Fighter whose tactics have included "let's set the inn on fire!" and "let's lure ALL the goblins outside, we can take them!"; next time he fucks up I won't hesitate to kill his PC. He also DMs for the other Dwarf player, and from what I hear he's pretty That DM-ish. Dickass traps and all.

While I'm complaining... the Bard is a very creative player, and he's frequently taking notes and asking about lore. One time he and the dwarves started a bar fight. The dwarves broke shit and the innkeeper was pissed, so he got the local guardsmen to intervene.

The dwarves were OK with this, but when I asked for his opinion on the session later, the Bard told me this was "unrealistic, the innkeeper should not mind bar fights." I was all,
>I can run a lighthearted campaign if you'd like, but this game is somewhat serious and that just wouldn't fit the tone.
>Besides, the down is doing bad financially [note: I had made this clear in-game], so replacing all those chairs and mugs costs GP.
>And until you drove off the local bandit gang, fights in the inn used to mean a townsman would get shanked [I had also made this clear]. Everyone's still a bit cautious.
The Bard insisted, with something like "But the innkeeper is like, totally able to get replacement stuff from the blacksmith."
...I don't think he knows what tone means.

Honestly, if all Trump supporters were like and knew to keep politics in their pants, the world would be a much nicer place. (Then we'd need for all non-Trump-supporters to do the same, and everything would be perfect.)

Not that guy, but it's possible to confront people politely yet firmly. If you play your cards right, *they'll* flip out and look like the moron. (Or they'll fix their shit, which is also nice.)
I've found that asking things like
>Why are you saying this?
>I don't understand the joke.
>I don't understand the relation with the game.
with (real or feigned) genuine confusion and curiosity often makes the meme-spouting idiot realize he's being weird.

>Soy
ohgoditsretarded.png

How long until Hiro filters this "soyboy" shit?

No I just realized it's kinda stupid to do after I did a "do you push or pull the door"

>The one I met was neither.
Come to Canada, I'll introduce you to a fuckload of them.

People who say "oh I'm a nazi, here's racism by the bucket, aren't I so cool?" aren't the problem, no one gives a shit about them or even listens to them. The people who hold militant rallies and amass firearms are the problem, and these tumblrites really shouldn't be pissing them off.

I consider myself a large guy. I did security at a country bar and met a bunch of these people. Ordinarily I'd be more than happy to fly in like fucking batman and break up a scrap between a crazed skinhead and a pink-haired fuck, but if I watched one of those stupid people throw a punch at them, I'd probably sit back, laugh, and let them enjoy their lung perforations.

>player who's house we're at does something stupid in character and gets party killed despite knowing it was a bad idea in character.
>we all sit around discussing how it could have gone differently
>as i look over my notes and numbers from the encounter it only becomes more clear that our host is at fault
>everyone starts to argue and i calmly pack my things, the game is over and I'm done running for the night
>one player calls our host a "retarded puppy"
>host tells him to "get the fuck out of my house"
>offending player nods and says, "yeah, it's your house, I'll leave." And stands up, starting to put his things in his bag quickly
>host shouts "what the fuck are you doing? I told you to leave!"
>player continues to pack his things and doesnt look up, "you did. I am. But i would like to take my things with me."
>host slams his hands on the table, "no i told you get the fuck out, so fucking leave now!"
>player looks confused and stops packing for a second
>host flips table and starts to wave fists around.
>player who was leaving looks at the mess, "that was counter productive" and goes to pick up his bag.
>host does not like that and moves towards him cocking back his fist
>swings
>another player grabs the arm, locks it and pins him
>"im calling the police you cant hurt me in my house!"
>player who was leaving finishes gatherimg his things and leaves
>everyone but me and host file out. I take my stuff to my car and turn to talk to him
>"you saw it, he was trying to steal my dice, and i was assulted unprevoked in my home!"
>fimly and quietly (dont want his neighbors to hear) tell him that i saw very childlike behavior from him today and thag he would not be playing in the games anymore. I would host them at my house and made it clear he was not invited and likely wouldnt be welcome to come play in my games again. I wished him a nice life and left.
Why is social interaction hard for our people?

or economy

Thats intense user. How old are these guys? Were they drinking?

>Player who thinks just because the game is hosted at his house he can do whatever the fuck
This activates my charcoal really fucking bad.

It was actually a terrorbird, and no we were 7th level.
The retarded stable boy was also supposed to be a serial killer, after he mopped the floor with us two dudes who belonged to the unprepared militia captured him. And yes, he had like Str 30 or something, but seems nobody acknowledged this.

My thoughts? the GM he just wants to humiliate us but got super angry when we decided to try to not fall in his BDSM game.

When you say BDSM game, do you mean, "he just wanted to fuck with you"-BDSM, or "magical realm"-BDSM?

the one who stopped the fight had been drinking heavily. i had a single...large glass of wine. they where all in their 20's or older aside from one. the one who asked the guy to leave was in it 40's maybe 50's ive never asked but am inclined to believe its mid 40's but with bad health. honestly i don't like older people in this hobby. they have this weird mentality of "its my game and MY plot." and not sharing information or working as part of a group, not even with other people who have been playing for as long as they have. they also have this strange issue of making the same mistakes over and over, never getting mad that it doesnt work but they just... keep...doing the same thing until someone comes along and says, "thats not working have you tried something else?" but dont suggest anything else, they will got so shitty about it dismissing you on the spot and claiming, "well when you've been playing as long as i have, you'll see."

First.
Though I might never know because he quit.

Yeah old dogs on their home turf tend to puff our their chest unreasonably. The type of mother fucker who would yell “AM I BEING DETAINED?” when he gets pulled over for speeding.

i've got a rant about this, stand by

I've spent the last 10 years with a number of different groups, one was largely older players with the youngest having more then 12 years under his belt. The other is a mix of older players (at least 30 years each) and younger players (no more than 3 years) and one group of players with anywhere from 5- 10 years behind them(one guy had like 20 years behind him). I've played with a number of groups in between these but these are the longest I've been with a group. I've noticed something weird about long time players, like they become stagnant, they don't try anything new, the view the game as theirs, as opposed to a group game, they dismiss anyone who isn't a long time veteran to these games, and they have trouble talking to others. It's like the longer you're in this hobby the more like this you become. It bothers me because there is so much wisdom to gain from people who have been playing that long but they don't seem interested in sharing, even going as far to mask their actions to avoid sharing.

So, what did you do with the body?

No, he is legend.

Boot that motherfucker, you're not obliged to tolerate him.

Typical liberal. This is why I cut all liberals out of my life, the quality of people I associate with has drastically improved. No more catty infighting and drama.

>The quality of people I associate with has improved.
No, the people you're around just agree with you - nothing to fight or create drama about if you're all of a similar mindset and have a common "other" rather than focusing on your own differences.
The same attitude can come from Conservatives - I'm sure Liberals who cut out the kind of people who would stop reading because someone's transgendered or supports Bernie Sanders experience far less drama too.

oh god it's real

Teehee Maccaroni is the bane of my fucking existence.

Every fucking campaign that my GM runs inevitably at some point involves running into an NPC named "Teehee Maccaroni," who the GM affectionately describes as "an epic level sorcerer who's also a retarded nudist gnome."

Teehee Maccaroni wander the countryside with a unique Rod of Wonders powered by "retard magic" shoved up his anus, and he casts the Rod of Wonders by diddling his penis. He says nothing but his own name in different inflections and the phrase "I like-a the goodberry, gimme gimme the goodberry." The GM thinks it's hilarious to have this character show up during the middle of encounters we're struggling at and start jerking off magic everywhere.

But the worst part is his chant. He wanders around chanting his name, so when he's about to show up the GM will start low;
>Tee-hee-hee, Maccaroni Maccaroni
>Tee-hee-hee, Maccaroni Maccaroni
And then get louder and louder until he's fucking shouting
>TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI!
>TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI!

And the table loves it! The other guys I play with think this is the best shit! Teehee Maccaroni has been our table's de-facto inside joke, our signature "running gag" for six years now. When that chant starts up, everyone else joins in like a ritual; the whole table is expected to start chanting "TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI" by the end, and every fucking time I refuse because this is some embarrassing circa-2002 Penguin of Doom shit, it's always the same thing; "There goes user again! No fun allowed around user! user's just a big grouch who's getting angry because we're making him touch Teehee Maccaroni's penis again! Why won't you just let us have fun with this character, he's just here for dumb fun, you stick-in-the mud!"

These motherfuckers are all over 25 years old.

Teehee Maccaroni is going to be the death of me.

You describing it, it just sounds really fucking dumb.

its a pasta

Ah.

>drop torch
>roll to see if i can pick it up

I've dealt with people like this a lot in the past. I'm sure he really appreciates you guys playing with him, even though he's being a legitimate sperg about it. Sounds like you're doing well with him, user, putting up with him even though he sounds really draining. Here's hoping he becomes a bit less of "that guy" eventually.

>Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

!Sí He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

Alright I have one from when I first started DM'ing

> Second session as DM ever (disregarding a short campaign a year and a half earlier, but I'll get to that)
> Running a party of 4 + 1 person who joined this session
> New player wants to play a gnome rogue
> Okay...
> Decide to run the forge of fury now that the party is level 2
> Things are going pretty good
> Get to room 8 where there is a locked box containing 180gp and a flask of holy water
> Paladin finds it and rogue unlocks it
> Paladin wants holy water because he's a holy man and figures the gold should split between himself and the rogue since they found it together
> Sounds fair
> Rogue isn't having of that
> "I should get more since you get the holy water"
> Paladin and rogue start arguing about how to split it
> Apparently they cant do basic math to figure out their shares
> Rogue wants more than his cut anyway
> I entertain this for a few minutes since at least I knew they were invested
> How long is this supposed to take?
> Call a snack break and the other players seem to agree
> Get back, paladin and rogue have been fighting for half an hour now
> Holy fuck, just divide the gold you idiots
> Finally they get it divided, then rogue says it
> "I wanna try to steal the paladin's gold"
> I'm pretty tired of their shit at this point but I'm a new DM and don't know better
> Roll with disadvantage
> Fails
> Skulking around behind the party
> While party is exploring rest of dungeon, rogue decides to go cut rope bridge AKA Currently the only way out of the dungeon
> The rest of the session was pretty uneventful, last session we ever did of that campaign due to scheduling
> Wanna know the worst part? When I very first hosted a game a year and a half earlier both the paladin and the rogue were in it playing THE SAME FUCKING CHARACTERS AND DOING THIS SAME SHIT. I had to take the rogue aside and tell him to cut it out and hoped this time he would behave, apparently he thinks this sort of thing is hilarious.

Every open Nazi I've met were specifically trying to get people to punch them so they could sue them and play the victim card. I have no doubt the nazis you describe exist (which is why I find it good policy to not punch anyone if they're minding their own business), but those weren't the nazis I've met.

>enjoy playing MTG with friends
>we usually get high before we play
>generally good times and bantz
>badly lost games end with shit like "oh yeah well i play three lands, scry for emrakul, fucking untap.."

>one person who hosts lives with his parents, no smoking and lots of drinking
>that person gets belligerently drunk
>simultaneously plays "seriously" but also tries to do things like redo a series of plays during a game that clearly still competitive (not just 'fuck, i just played the wrong card' but 2-3 moves back)
>says things that are outside of game related bantz that would get him into a fight playing cards with normies
>will just kind of wander off to his room if he is having a losing night and leave us awkwardly hanging in his parents livingroom with drinks in our hands while they go about being old people

Outside of that particular circumstance he is a pleasant enough person to play and I thought it was just him having a shit day or something the first time it happened. Then it happened the next two times we have played there and its the shits.

>tfw you've known someone for a decade and the only time you have ever gotten into a fight with them is over a card game they started playing six months ago

i've been playing d&d for 10 years now, with the same group (much less now, definitely on and off or maybe even two to three sessions a year) and i can agree im starting to see these qualities in my friends. We all have our niche rolls when we come to the group. I'm usually the fighter/melee character, we've got the resident cleric/paladin, go-to face/rogue, and the guy who plays whatever he thinks is funniest. It's still fun because we've all been friends since early high school, but it does feel like we've stagnated.

On the flip side of this, I joined another group last August and legit 4 of the 6 people are completely new to table top RPGs, and being with people who are experiencing it for the first time has done the opposite for me. I've rules-lawyered a few times, but its been an amazing experience. One of the newbies wanted to play a fighter and I didn't want to kill his fun by playing one too, so I ended up playing my first caster class (sorcerer) in 10 fucking years. If you're a vet, I can honestly say if you join a new game with the desire for everyone else to have fun and share in the fun you had your first times, it pays off.

soft-covers can crack too.

i remember i got a copy of the rise of david levinsky from a used bookstore, printed in 1970 and probably never read before me.

watched it go from pristine to looking like shit in one reading, like some dorian grey shit. i didn't even treat it bad

>that guy who got his DCI perma banned then decided to do something "to help the community" while screaming "look at what I am doing, it's all me doing this hey guys look how I am doing this thing!"