Monstergirls & Magical Realms

So, we all know that monstergirls are a mgical realm thing here on Veeky Forums. But, two questions:

Can you describe female demihumans and humanoids as being attractive, or is that also magical realm?

Is it magical realm to have non-traditional humanoids as anything other than Chaotic Evil meatbags? For example, orcs as non-evil warrior-shaman tribals ala Eberron, or goblins as low-class urban rogues?

And if anyone makes it this far down: I will make a legitimate stab at doing 5e PC race stats for any monstergirl you care to name, just because I can.

>Can you describe female demihumans and humanoids as being attractive, or is that also magical realm?
Just don't be explicit or otherwise harp on about it.

>Is it magical realm to have non-traditional humanoids as anything other than Chaotic Evil meatbags? For example, orcs as non-evil warrior-shaman tribals ala Eberron, or goblins as low-class urban rogues?
I don't even understand this one.

I think none of those are inherently magical realm. That said I don’t mind going magical realm as an exercise.

‘I delight in putting myself in chains, and then getting myself out of fhem.’

Since you get a lot of races with monstergirls, I find it easier to group them into subspecies categories.

Humans and demihumans.
Beastfolk.
Dragons.
Undead.
Fey.
Magical Construct.
Divine.
Demonic.

I think that’s covering the bases, but any I might be missing?

Oh, Orckin for orcs and the like, duh.

Veeky Forums'S GUIDE TO MAKING A NON-MAGICAL REALM RACE

BY ANONYMOUS, TO ANONYMOUS

1. MAKE SURE YOUR RACE HAS BOTH GENDERS. THIS INSTANTLY REDUCES FETISHISM POTENTIAN BY 35,783% -AND- INCREASES STEALTH FETISH POTENTIAL (THE GOOD ONE) BY 100%.
2. FOCUS ON INTERESTING PARTS. FOR MONSTERDUDES(-ETTES), IT'S BIOLOICAL AND MAGICAL DIFFERENCES. READ THAT CENTAUR'S WORRIES MANGO, ITS AUTHOR KNOWS HIS SHIT.
3. NOT ALL OF THEM GONNA BE SUPERMODELS. HAVING PEEPS IN WIDE RANGE FROM "HOLY SHIT" TO "HOLY FUCK YOU UGLY" IS ESSENTIAL FOR A WHOLESOME RACE. AGAIN, THIS EASY STEP REDUCS FETISH POTENTIAL BY WHOPPING 48,69875%. IT'S MATHEMATICALLY DEDUCED, DON'T EVEN TRY TO ARGUE WITH MATH.

FOLLOWING THESE EASY STEPS YOU CAN CREATE YOUR OWN RACE WITH ONLY MINIMAL CUSTOMARY BEING YELLED AT ON Veeky Forums.

user, OUT.

YOU MAY ASK "WHY ARE YOU USING CAPS LOCK?" I'M NOT. I'M HOLDING SHIFT BECAUSE I AM HARDCORE .

this guy fucks wit the non-magical realm races, A+ my dude

"Magical Realm" is in the execution, it refers to uncomfortable fetishes being forced into a game. Even mono-gender female races that are uniformly beautiful and sexually charged (looking at you, female nature spirit races) can be integrated into a game without breaking it.

Now, since you promised to stat a 5e PC monstergirl race, I'd love to see a lesser gorgon.

There's only like one kind of orc though. Better to fold them into demihumans or goblinoids. Beastfolk if you want the pig headed variety.

I prefer them being green demihumans.

Orcs for humans.
Ogres for giants.
Goblins for Halflings.

Etc.

You could also throw dark elves in there if you wanted.

> monstergirls are a mgical realm thing here on Veeky Forums

Don't use Veeky Forums as basis to decide what is or isn't correct to do on your games.
Monstergirls have been a thing in mythology forever and it's perfectly okay to use them as monsters or even NPCs.

You only enter magical realm when you add something to the setting with the specific purpose of fulfilling your fetishes, the fetish itself doens't even have to be related to sex per se -hell, the original magical realm comic is about piss, no actual sex involved-.

In the end it all depends on how you treat those elements and how you use them to interact with your players, not what those elements actually are.

TL;DR: It's only magical realm if you want it to be.

How about trying to make a real setting out of a magical realm setting? That whole breaking out of your own chains thing.

Monstergirls have become magical realm because japs pervert everything they touch

To be fair, monmusu isn’t very magical realm-y. Most of the plot revolves around the logistics involved once monster girls are introduced into modern society.

>Can you describe female demihumans and humanoids as being attractive, or is that also magical realm?
Yes. It's inevitable that humanoid creatures might share certain physical traits with humans which a regular person might find atractive.
I'd go for a "show,don't tell" strategy in that; I wouldn't say, for instance, that an orc woman "is beautiful", I'd go for something like "she's physically more pleasant looking than you would have expected an orc to be", and let people make their own picture from that.
It isn't magical realm as long as you don't exaggerate in them whatever traits any normal bloke might find arousing in real women.

Is it magical realm to have non-traditional humanoids as anything other than Chaotic Evil meatbags? For example, orcs as non-evil warrior-shaman tribals ala Eberron, or goblins as low-class urban rogues?
No. Magical realm has to do with sexual fetishes and such. Trying to give a clever twist to how monstrous humanoids are represented in RPGs isn't magical realm, just a try at originality.

They're only magical realm if you're playing with closeted perverts.
If you're playing with people from not Veeky Forums, you can use them freely.

>I wouldn't say, for instance, that an orc woman "is beautiful", I'd go for something like "she's physically more pleasant looking than you would have expected an orc to be"
These don't imply the same things though.

Yes, you're right; maybe rephrasing it as "she's far more physically pleasant looking than you would have expected an orc woman to be"?

I too, would like stats for a playable gorgon race. I fucking LOVE Gorgons.

Personally I'd just go for the way books do it. Be non-provocative and vague, while getting across the broad strokes. So something like "she's full-figured and has far more delicate and fair features than you would expect from an orc".

Cocatoo squid, notable for being nearly transparent and swimming with its tentacles pointing up, held like the crest on cocatoo birds.

God damn, it wronf thread. Was supposed to got to the deep sea thread.
Have a cute monstergirl to compensate.

What said is best, more detailed that way too

Sure, but define what you want out a gorgon first:
* Bipedal, or lamia body structure?

* Snakes for hair, or snake-tails ala MtG gorgons?

* Do you just want the gaze attack to be as close to the petrifying theme as possible? I'm planning on making a gorgon race for my setting where there are multiple subraces based on gaze attack.

Not any of those guys, but lamia and snake hair with paralytic vision is best, if not full on stone flesh.

>Can you describe female demihumans and humanoids as being attractive
If you describe them as "attractive", period, that's basically a statement about what YOU find attractive. It can easily come off as magical realm-y. If, instead, what you say is
"X is attractive to Y", where X and Y are either individual characters or groups/races, that's a statement about the world of the game. It is a far better start.

What a fun thought exercise- "What if setting had ________? I guess setting would have ________, and I'd be a fag." Really gets the old gears a-grindin.

Or you can be a no-fun wet blanket.

Unironicly that is main reason I like it, I usually skip any bits that are a bit...lewd and go to logistics part (I even seen fan fiction where they went away from any kind of relationships and just had bunch of dryads hunt down smugglers while a treant was crushing there car - it was glorious)

I agree, that is how I describe mine, I have all female tribe of lizardfolk in northern parts of the world, they are asexual and most are pretty scary, but when describing them if one comes up with OK charisma I go "Well a kobold might find them attractive"
Same with most other races, though for gnolls, because it's female ruled society it's usually the guys that are found attractive.

Honestly, as much as I like the girls, I wish they ditched the Harem aspect, and focused on a group of individual couples instead (crabman could even do identical octuplets like before).

I agree, I was considering chatting with one mate to write short story of how it would work in some other part of the world and just avoiding anything harrem related, instead exploring interesting concepts (Also somehow made a german speaking spider lady from south america with her "pet" golem she found in a junk yard)

You could easily create a duplicate setting based on just trying to pin the species to different geographic regions, such as seeing the centaurs as European, and the lamias wearing middle eastern clothing.

Well by time I finished making first bit I made setting of my own almost, with some parts of the world looking monster folk as normal people because of the history (For example I had lamias in lithuania because there in the past grass snakes were sacred animals, so I though yeah, who not have snake people that live there, in small numbers to this day)
Now I am thinking of just making few short stories with them and maybe few drawings as well.

Cute drider girl, have another

I am intrigued, tell me from whence this lil'drider came from?

Wasurenagumo, a short film you can find around the web.

Many constellations Elizagerth.

You don't say they're attractive, you describe the character. Other people will decide if the thicker than average, blue skinned undine is attractive or not. I'm not saying go into detail about her swinging breasts and her huge ass, but just give a general outline. People have preferences and if you just say that someone is attracted to someone else, it comes across as pushy and demanding, like you're forcing your hot, skanky, sassy DMPC on them. Regardless of how interesting the character might otherwise be, first impressions always matter more.

As they say, you might have the most perfect penis on earth, but jamming it down people's throats is a good way for it to get bitten off. Or something like that,

As guy who loves Gorgons, either body structure is fine, but snake-tails for hair ala MtG best. Perhaps as some sort of sensory organ of some sort. Petrification is best, but any sort of paralyzing gaze is ok.

>Can you describe female demihumans and humanoids as being attractive
Yes, but it's better to just describe the appearance. Also, different cultures have different standards of attractiveness, and you should use the standards of the culture the player characters mostly associate with.

>Is it magical realm to have non-traditional humanoids as anything other than Chaotic Evil meatbags? For example, orcs as non-evil warrior-shaman tribals ala Eberron, or goblins as low-class urban rogues?
Seriously? The magical realm paranoia is getting out of hand.

> I will make a legitimate stab at doing 5e PC race stats for any monstergirl you care to name, just because I can.
Okay, stat her.

Bipedal, please, with a gaze attack close to the petrifying theme.

I don't care for monstergirls. All I ask for is one thing: if I tell you "no way fag", please don't arbitrarily decide my character is seduced by one of them- or any kind of human for that matter.

Please and thank you

I think its been done. Funny thing, most fetish settings actually tend to be absolutely nightmarish if you remove the fetish and/or look closely. Case in point, MGE

For the gorgon stats, biped with snake hair and perhaps a slow-working gaze that eventually paralyzes or reduces to zero Dex. Needs a feat and maybe an extra round of staring to petrify, though still temporary?

Hmm... alright, this is a little tricky, but I think I can satisfy you all... hopefully.

Medusa (Gorgon?) 5e
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Charisma, +1 Constitution
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Visage of the Gorgon: You have Proficiency in Persuasion and Intimidate.
Snake Hair: You have Advantage on Perception checks made to oppose Stealth checks. You can use your Snake Hair to make a melee strike; on a hit, it inflicts 1 Piercing damage and 1d6 Poison damage.
Gaze of the Gorgon: As a bonus action, you can unleash a gaze attack against one target that you can see within 30 feet. The target must make a Dexterity save (DC 8 + your Charisma modifier + your Proficiency bonus). On a failed save, they take 1d6 Necrotic damage and are Slowed for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 round). Each round they are slowed, they must make a Constitution saving throw (same DC as the Dex save) or take a further 1d6 Necrotic damage. On a failed save, they take half damage and are not Slowed. Creatures reduced to 0 hit points by this attack are Petrified. Once you have used this ability, you must complete a short rest before you can use it again.

Optional Racial Traits:
Crown of Serpent Tails: Replaces Snake Hair racial trait. You possess a long train of prehensile tails in lieu of hair, which functions as a third arm that has a reach of 10 feet. You can wield a weapon in your hair, but only if it is a a one-handed melee weapon with the Light property. Having a weapon in your hair does not grant you an extra attack, it simply gives you an alternative weapon with which to attack, per the normal rules for dual-wielding.

Had to fit this on another post, sorry.

Serpent Body: Instead of legs, you possess an undulating tail, like the body of a giant snake. Its crushing coils are a natural weapon, which you can use to make constrict attacks as an unarmed strike. If you hit with your constrict attack, you deal bludgeoning damage equal to 1d6 + your Strength modifier, and the target is grappled (escape DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained, and you can’t constrict another target. The downside is that your unusual anatomy prevents you from using footwear-based magical items unless they have been specifically designed to fit your monopedal anatomy, or can magically reshape themselves to fit. Additionally, you must have armor custom-fitted; properly-fitted armor increases its cost by +50% (rounding up), whilst improperly fitted armor has its AC reduced by -2 points, minimum of AC 0, to represent the glaring vulnerable spots it presents. You cannot use magic armor unless it can be made to magically reshape itself for your anatomy.

Yeah, but I kind of like the grey vs. black mentality in that setting, where even most of the black guys are just doing what they’ve been misled to think is right.

Didn't forget you. Little unsure of the ability score modifiers, but it's not unprecedented.

Cecaelia
Ability Score Modifiers: +1 Strength, +1 Dexterity, +1 Intelligence
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Amphibious: You can breathe both air and water.
Writhing Tentacles: You have Advantage on Grappling checks and on Strength checks made to resist Shove attacks.
Aqua Jet: You have a Swim speed of 40 feet, and can Dash whilst swimming.
Spray Ink: As an action, you can attempt to squirt ink from concealed glands. On land, this takes the form of a 15ft long by 5ft wide cone attack; creatures caught in this cone must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw (DC 8 + your Dex modifier + your Proficiency bonus) or be Blinded until the end of your next turn. Underwater, this creates a 10ft radius sphere that grants concealment on any creature within it. The sphere is stationary and lasts for 1 minute or until disrupted by effects such as the Shape Water cantrip. Once you have used your Spray Ink trait in either fashion, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest.

Actually, I want to include MtG Ravnican-style Gorgons as a PC race in my own setting. Can anyone suggest a useful, non-overpowered way to handle their "prehensile tentacles (snake tails) for hair" racial trait?

I read that as "Can you describe female humanoid dismemberment as being attractive or is that also magical realm?"

If you have to ask, you're not capable of pulling it off well

Pretty nice, if a tad powerful for a PC race, but maybe I'm overvaluing the snake hair and coils. Either way, gorgon race!

So, on this same topic, in my planned setting, Gorgons are divided into subraces based on what kinds of eyebeams they have. Do these gaze attacks make sense?

Petrifying - As above.
Burning - 1d8 fire damage on a hit and continues burning, no extra riders.
Freezing - 1d6 damage Cold damage on a hit and slowed as per Petrifying.
Hypnotic - 1d6 Psychic damage and Charms for 1 + Cha bonus turns on a hit.
Toxic - 1d6 Poison damage and Poisoned for 1 round per point of Charisma modifier.

What about the other 15.51825%?
Can I stick my monstergirls that just want to get fat and cuddle with humans in there?

>What about the other 15.51825%

NO MATTER WHAT, YOU'RE STILL MAKING A SETTING THAT TURNS HORRIBLE ADVENTURER-EATING MONSTROSITIES INTO (SOMETIMES) CUTE HUMANOIDS. YOU CANNOT REDUCE FETISHISM FURTHER, SORRY.

Give them better than base unarmed attacks? So a gorgon can choose to make unarmed attacks do poison damage rather than physical and their base unarmed damage die is a d4 or d6 or something?

How magical realm are female centaurs?

I thought the danger was half the appeal of MGE. Or am I the only one who gets excited by the risk of bad ends (if not necessarily the bad ends themselves)?

and Spice and Wolf is just about micro-economics, right?

Hey, as long as you have feet in the settings, your have huge fetish potential.

Tarantino plz go

All I'm saying is that if you have feet in your setting, you've already tapped into an extremely large fetish market.

Yes mr. Vice President?

Sharkfolk, user. Maybe something that incorporates their more subtle traits, like electroreception?

Is this a pasta I haven't seen before?

That's not a very imaginative design for a shark humanoid. It's too mix-and-match. I'd at least give them shark skin all over, no breasts (unless they're actually some kind of a killer whale, not shark), and a shorter tail only used as a rudder because they already have arms and legs to swim with. The arms and the legs should be beefier for it to make sense, though.

Also webbed hands and feet, with some claws, and gills around the neck or sides. And if she opens her mouth, at least one row of extra teeth.

Breasts are mandatory though.

Oh, and how would they hunt? It they just bit prey with their mouths like sharks they'd need large and inhuman mouths and therefore skulls, which OP would probably prefer to avoid. One way around it is to give them a human-like mouth, just with more and sharper teeth and a powerful jaw, but also shark tooth-looking retractable claws to keep with the theme.

Perhaps dislocatable jaws to take bigger bites from prey?

That's assuming you're making a fully merged hybrid, though, rather than something more along the lines of centaurs, harpies, sphinxes, etc. You know, chimeraes where the human/monster combination is uneven and a little disjointed.

I still think the "mostly human but with huge tail"-design has potential. But you can have another shark if it makes you happy.

>Also webbed hands and feet
>some claws
>least one row of extra teeth
All good ideas.
>Breasts are mandatory though
But Flat is Justice, user (at least as far as non-mammal humanoids are concerned)! It's a pet peeve of mine, but when some setting gives the females of a humanoid species anatomy that looks like breasts with no nipples and then explains that they actually just store fat this way or something, it comes off as forced and magical realm-like. I'd say, make them mammals or artificial human hybrids instead.

I just give them nipples, and my hand wave being that all races are somehow related to humans.

But I can allow non-mammalian races being small breasted outside of magical chicanery.

It's exclusively magical realm, no exceptions. See: every single thread on the subject.

Why would they hunt like sharks? Do centaurs and minotaurs exclusively eat grass?

"Magical realm" isn't real and therefore isn't quantifiable.
Of course if you play with sex negative tumblrites who hate you anything you say will be magical realm, problematic and hurtful because they're looking for more excuses to dislike you.

If you play with well adjusted people who like to play pretend to disenfranchise with the stress of normalcy, you're most likely not being called out for describing the chiselled muscles of the minotaur of the fact that the naga is slim and toned torso abruptly widens at the hips into a massive snake's tail.

Stop playing with losers.

Good one, user. I like that pic far better.

I don't mind chimeric creatures, but for a chimera I'd still give fins on arms and legs, visible gills and similar things. I think what makes her design jarring to me is that there seems to be a single, clear dividing line between the human and the animal parts. Harpies and sphinxes have several such lines and the lines are blurred by feathers or fur.
>I just give them nipples, and my hand wave being that all races are somehow related to humans.
Also acceptable. It falls under the sort of thing I meant by "artificial human hybrids". ("An ancient wizard did it!")

It depends a lot on the style. I mean, the classical minotaur was literally just a guy with a bull head, not much blurring there. And hey, the swimsuit might be hiding a more smooth transition.

In my settings, the gods just aren’t very creative.

>It depends a lot on the style.
Can't argue with that.
>classical minotaur was literally just a guy with a bull head
I'd say the classical minotaur looks jarring on purpose. He is supposed to be an unnatural, disturbing mutant. Many fantasy settings give minotaurs hooves, and I think it actually makes them look less creepy.