/aosg/ - Age of Sigmar General

Best God of all Edition

Previous Thread: >>Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

D A W I

xth for 5 ways to choke on soup + Soulblight

"Hi ho! Hi ho! It's in the trash we go!"

how to choose army?
let /aosg/ decide?

Just play Dispossessed, they are the upcoming power house of AoS.

Play dispossessed so you can piss off all the newfags who shit themselves over an army they dont like because of autism.

You are mistaken, there are four different people who post to Le Blog Dè Kouz. The guy who has made all the amazing Slaanesh conversions is Daouide who has no connection to GW. The GW sculpter goes by Morbäck on the blog.

Those Slaanesh guys were actually for a competion on the blog. This was Pastourel's entry.

You should decide what is the most important for you.
Do you want to play competitive games, or maybe just casual?
Do you care about new releases or just want to play your dudes?
Do you want to run a swarm of 120 models or maybe something more elite?
Do you want to spend more money on your army or maybe you are on tight budget so you have to stick with start collecting boxes?

The power of trips compells you to do this:Also Dubs for more proofYou have no choice.

What y'all workin' on, /aosg/?

>tripes
>dubes
>dubes
>competitive or casual
casual
>new releases or your dudes
my dudes is alright, as long as they're plastic
>swarm or elite
elite (also not as much as BCR)
>money
budget friendly would be nice, but not needed
looks like I have no choice then

Thank you fren!!

I'm trying to work out what army should I play. I stuck in the fuckin limbo

Dispossessed.

Obviously play Khorne. You're not a pussy are you, user?

Rolling for Dispossessed

fuck you guys, im actually considering collecting a dispossessed meme army now

>Casual
Pick whatever you want (just not Greenskinz)
>my dudes is alright, as long as they're plastic
Pick whatever you want (just not Greenskinz)
>elite (also not as much as BCR)
Ironjawz, SCE, Soulblight, Nighthaunt, clan Skryre
>budget friendly would be nice, but not needed
I would say go with Ironjawz then. You can run a 1000pts army with a Start Collecting box, Skirmish warband box and a single Megaboss - about 20 models

They are fun to paint desu.

>Implying its a meme

Kicking the shit out of magic wielding poofs and limp wristed knife eared faggots ain't a meme user

No way my dudes, I already chose few armies and now I have to decide which one will be the best for me

Pick the faction you like the look and theme the most, don't plan your army on future releases, meaning don't plan to build a large force out of a barely fleshed out faction
>faction

The best meme army is a maggotkin made only of large scenic bases and unit-specific nurglings

reminder that the aelves rumors are bullshit and there is no reliable source on any of it.

Nah pick Fyreslayers

>implying

... Bar aelf-lookin Rumor engines and rumors from a guy that predicted Daemons and Custodes, there is no reliable source on any of it.

should I get a Drycha?

only for the model

>Tfw still no new Legion of Azgorh Battletome with name change into something more fitting and new rules for hobgoblins

If only FW weren’t so lazy

Fug, I wish that AoS aelves would share the aesthetic with Harlequins enough to use basic troops in both systems

I dont really play the game or have a full army, I just like painting them, so if I get it its just for the model anyway.
however you raise the question, is it so bad ingame?

FW is busy with not releasing shit for the Hobbit

I wish we'd had a renaissance of Warhammer Forge.

That was one of the few good things of WFB 8th.

>Mfw they are legit spending time and resources on the hobbit still instead of giving me my Chaos Dwarf Battletome And lore

Fucking reeeee

Good, it's the superior system

>Chaos Dwarf Battletome
shit at that point they may as well rename it Age of Hairy Midgets. The damn game is drowning in dwarf releases as it is and needs a serious break from hairy midget related content.

not -bad- just... mediocre rules
there are better investments for points for tree people

>they are legit spending time and resources on the hobbit
The problem is they are not. GW traded the Hobbit to FW for plastic Custodes but the SBG line is managed in the worse way even than AoS. 75% of Hobbit stuff is out of stock, rulebooks included. They have a single starter set, bundles with pretty no discount, basic troops are resin or even still metal etc.

>midget
the socially acceptable term is manlet

age of hairy manlets

Dwarfs and Elves have been a huge part of the game since its release. Some of Citadel's oldest shit is dwarfs. Even chaos dwarfs.

I see, thanks for clarifying

What investments?

>Elves have been a huge part of the game since its release

Aleves are the most shit on and ignored faction in the entire game system.

I want to play Seraphon so what I must do?
Whitch models are Best?

>I want to play Seraphon so what I must do?
to play the laser-lizard one must first become a laser-lizard

For now, sure. I don't get it. Did you expect new models, fluff, and everything for every single existing faction all at release or something?

Anny exaple 1000p army?

Slann, bastiodon, guards

like every fucking treeman variant is better than this bipolar bitch...
I guess kurnoth hunters are on the top of the list of sylvaneth units better than her

but the model is still awesome AND FULL OF BEES which is a great plus!

Obigatory angry Soup post

Literally just needs to be the Battletome as their only release user, their army line is already complete, I just want new fluff and rules and hobgoblin stuff/k’daii destroyer rules back

sure

Heroes:
Lazerdon - 80
Old Lazereye on Killerdude -100
Shooty McDino -220
Units:
10x Dinoman - 200
10x Dinoman - 200
5x Dinodudes - 200

hey guys, so question:
how do you think to start a spooks army?
I have already a banshee and a cairn wraith.
I read a few times of the malignaunt box and cut the mortis engine into chars and spooks

is is good? I rather want lots of spirit hosts than chars but they are so fucking expensive - even for warhammer. Is it possible to convert the ghost cohort of the mortis engine into spirit hosts?

As a KoW player first and a AoS player second, Mantic range can be really hit or miss, though they've been solidly improving over time. Everyone likes to shitpost about the orangutan sisters, but those were also made when the company was only a few years old. Even some of their releases from back then were good, but they've definitely in general raised the bar as time's progressed. Oh, and the goblins were made using a Chinese caster and tend to be kinda shitty as far as the models themselves go, but it led to them producing all of their stuff in England which really ends up as a strength moving forward.

One thing to keep in mind is that Mantic loves its Kickstarters and often uses them as a means of testing the waters for interest in various factions while also using it as a means to pump pout new miniatures. For example, their most recently Kickstarter was for a full-on Mordheim-style skirmish game called Vanguard that's actually built from the ground up to be a skirmish game instead of AoS's afterthought of a system. They then used that game as a springboard to launch their Nightstalkers army which had rules but no models for KoW previously while also using it as a way to sneak in updates to the Basilean line with new resin heroes and new hard plastic Men-At-Arms and Sisterhood units, as well as launching the Northern Alliance and releasing a hard plastic giant that's 7 inches tall.

Why are there so many dispossessed players here

There are a bunch of different ways to play them it's hard to tell people where to start. There are really defensive lists with Guards and Kroak, there's a more offensive and swarm like lists with a bunch of Skinks and Terradons with a Shadowstrike battalion, and there's also big dino lists with the Thunderquake battalion.
Just looking at the models and rules for now to see what you like most is probably the best bet.

Same here. This is my list idea

My idea how to cut this shit...

...and a pic from an user that actually tried to make spirit hosts out of the mortis engine

thank you guys

>possible
Yes, but it's also something that requires more than a bit of work. You'll see people talking about someone online doing it, and then you actually look at the blog where someone's done it, you have Cairn Wraiths that are 60% greenstuff around small bits of the Mortis Engine. There's another user in these threads that I think posted his own WIP but it just looked really sloppy to me as bulky shit randomly stuffed on models. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it definitely isn't a Babby First Conversion Project.

On a related note, I'd fucking love playing Nighthaunt with a Wild Hunt style army whose spirit hosts are primarily made up of the ghostly legions that carry the Mortis Engine.

Doesn't really surprise me. Dawi were always one of the more popular factions in WHFB in my area, they're easily memed with grudges and shit, and they're a chopped-up Legacy army so people can piss and moan about their army while still having a solidly decent army. And that's believing that half the Dawi posters are actually Dawi players.

Ok, slann or lord kroak?
And karnosaur what will you say?

>guys
Anyway, I hope that people will reply to your post - I'm thinking about NH army too but I have never met the Spooky Ghost player irl so I don't really know if I'm doing this right

Maybe 2-3 salamanders?

Should I prime shit or build today /aosg/?

Is Mazarall the butcher worth putting into an army of khorne? I think his model is cool but he costs 360 points. More than WoK thirster

>prime shit

it is unrealistic to "expect" anything.

our grievances include, but are not limited to:
1. the shattering of the complete compendiums into functionally irrelevant micro-factions;
2. the lack of releases of new fluff of any kind;
3. the absence of new and different lines of aelves models with new battletomes.

we however, expect nothing.

it wouldnt kill them to at least give us a couple novels to tide us over, sheesh

>Wild Hunt Nighthaunt
I could definitely get down with that. Probably actually build your Hexwraiths as Black Knights aside from scythes to unify the look with the Mortis Engine blobs you'd be using as Spirit Hosts. Maybe even a Wight King w/ Tomb Blade as a Banshee, which would also help unify the theme and use a model with a 1" melee weapon and a mouth open in a ghastly howl. Fuck, I actually really like this idea.

love you user, then

Do you want an honest non-shitpost answer?
For me, dorfs just exude maximum /comfy/. Their models, while some being older, have a fantastic feel to them. It's nice to imagine some of your little dudes getting off work at the mines, heading to the pub with their mates, and spending all night drinking and singing ancient songs of old while a fire roars in the back and red meat on the bone cooks above it.
I even protray this feeling in my army to a degree. My vetran in my Warrior unit holds a pint in his hand. In my personal fluff, he lets each of his warriors take a sip from the pint before the battle so as to have one last taste of mortal ale should they die on the battlefield.
I would take this over golden demigods any day.

Gay

I get that miniature wargaming is a hobby for autists but it seems like you are literally fetishizing your toy soldiers. Quite disturbing if you ask me - slaanesh fags are doing this ironically at least

this is how it's done

Wait, GW is releasing warscroll cards with no errata update on them? Is there any user with BCR warscroll cards to confirm that stone skeleton is not errated on cards?

Seraphon start collecting what do you think is it good start?

Got a question for some of you rules lawyers out there.

The Warrior Kinband battalion for Fyreslayers asks for 3 units of Vulkite Berzerkers and a Runeson. Can I use a block of 30 vulkite berzerkers as my 3 units to qualify for this battalion?

no

if you put them in a block of 30 then thats one unit, not three.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

That being said, to any fyreslayer players out there; is the warrior kinband battalion even worth it? Are battalions even worth it at 1k points?

Who wins Nagash or Nagash's weight in Gryph Hounds?

How good are Clan Enshin units? I to add in ninja rats but not if they're completely useless.

Why is the FEC lore so fucking good? It's sad that we go back to fapping to Nagash and his cronies.

I want to put some dude on them riding it.

halflings!

nah, gryffis are too majestic for manlets

we need baby groots with the next sylvaneth releases like the nurglings in the nurgle releases!

aren't there small walking treestumps with the kurnoth hunters?

here these guys

>katawa memes in aosg in current year
Can you be any more of a muh nigga

My warscroll cards have the non-updated stone skeleton.

they put quivers on bugs, that's not a baby groot!
and no, the sprites also do not count

The Warrior Kinband is only worth taking if you max it out with a Runeson on Droth and 90 berserkers. That by itself will be over half your army at 1000pts. It's decent, but not worth taking without maxing it out.

Not many battalions are worth taking at 1000pts and Fyreslayer ones are pretty points-heavy. You could try and fit a Forge brethren in there, but that's still about 500 some odd points. They're maybe worth it at 1500, but 1000 is already not very fair on Fyreslayers.

oh, how about kitbashing out of dryad parts?

Get Kharadron: You get to be a dwarf, you get to have guns while other faggots still use swords, you get airship transports that can drop in from high in the atmosphere, you get to gas the jewish gobbo horde, you kill natives, get money, and fuck bitches from across existence while you and your bros go on a cross-realm roadtrip.

>people that run 4 different armies in the same list

well, that could work