Amazon Worldbuilding

Continuation of >Amazons are/were created via an extensive alchemical enhancement procedure on women. the process when performed on men have been said to be highly lethal and debilitating if not.
>They were specifically designed to be an elite fighting force for a nation that was not officially recognized until very , by an eccentric figure whom is referred to as "The Supreme Commander."
>The Nation itself, Basileía Amazōníōn, was a former colony of some old empire
>This enhanced fighting force typically pairs its trainees with freelance mercenaries and adventurers for shadowing and on the job training.
>the more experienced ones are hired out as bodyguards for wealthy merchants and nobility. This is, of course, when they're not garrisoned at their home nation.
>both of these services are loaned out to The Nation's allies for a reduced fee. Like favorable trade rights. Elite squads of amazons are rented out to their allies to fight in foreign wars.
>The Amazon Process is a tiered process. With more and more enhancements over an extended period of time. Generally increasing size and overall physical capability.
>Due to lack of resources (at least initially), heavy armor is reserved for the more elite units of Amazon forces. The other Amazons use large shields, enchanted tattoos and woad.
>Sabers, spears and chopping weapons are the order of the day, to take advantage of their increased size, as well as bows and javelins

What is the most precious commodity in the world like this?

Gold?

Gold, spice, same old same old unless there's some new thing in said setting.

If they grow a lot of magical ingredients needed for the elixirs I can see them exporting any surplus

>What are some ideas for enhancements for amazon spellcasters?
Telepathy, hypnotic gaze, third eye for sight based magic. What kind of magic are you going for?

Alchemy was also used to produce dyes. Expensive pigments like vermilion (powdered cynnibar) can be produced in the lab. Sometimes they were worth more than gold and guarded by the imperial law. Just noting that there are other applications of developed alchemy and ways to make profits.

In order of most valuable to least valuable

Fossilized sap of the world tree.
Giant/troll extracts for ingreedients for the Amazon process.
Good steel
Silk.
Tea and Coffee
Honey
Gold

Like something tribal. Either elemental, or spiritual, or animistic.
Amazons owning the dye trade?

>Amazons owning the dye trade?
They would be ludicrously rich and fancy. Fancy clothes, fancy painted statues, fancy drawnings and mosaics.

Maybe just one or two colors? Massively profitable but not exceedingly so

Why do y'all faggots act like the Suepreme Commander is the ONLY alchemist in the whole setting

Works for Greco-Roman classical styled Amazons.

Can bois be amazons?

Knowledge of different alchemists varies greatly and the Supreme Commander seem to be one of the better ones or at least he employs capable alchemists.

Boys (female) sure.

How about bois (male).

Those aren't Amazons anymore
>HES JUST BETTERER THAN EVERYONE
Well that's boring as fuck

That's too thicc to be a mere boi

>he employs capable alchemists
>He pays the best professionals who are better than everyone
Still boring, right?

Traps are notoriously thicc.

>What is the most precious commodity in the world like this?
A ring that cancels out amazon's -4 strength.

How would he do that if he's the equivalent of North Korea?

Except the original Amazons were Greek.

>he's the equivalent of North Korea
What? Who said that?

No, they just have da booty

This is just as dumb as the first incarnation

No, they were written about BY Greeks about jungle tribals

>mad supreme commander who squanders his nations resources to feed his magical realm.
He's gotta be like a banana republic dictator at best.

Throw in Romance novels and chocolate right above honey on that list and you're probably right.

In the Mediterranean.

That was the original conceit. Some dictator fucks off to a resource poor island colony to turn it into his private magical realm.

And ice cream, don't forget about industrial quantities of ice cream in extra large buckets

>That was the original conceit
Nothing was said about him being a dictator or island or his country being poor

And now we get a cruel glimpse at the truth of amazonian society.

And it'll keep being that way until Veeky Forums learns to sage.

Yeah It was, check back a few threads.

So major exports are Dyes and 10 foot tall rentable bodyguards?

If you haven't noticed it yet, anons build whatever they want. 3 or 4 versions of the setting exist at the same time.

And silver bullion (apparently silver was commonly found in lead ore and it was profitable to dig it up for the sake of melting some silver out of it)

About steppe tribes actually. The jungle variety was invented by conquistadors who told about tribes of amazons in the jungles around that huge river in South America.

Yes, yes it did. It's all been there for multiple threads now as an excuse for why his little fetish army hasn't been roflstomped by legitimate militaries yet.

And why exactly would a rich, well-to-do nation submit themselves to a twisted, tyrannical reign full of ruthless human experimentation?

Clearly all these amazons are dehydrated.

So are your Amazons egalitarian? Do they accept other races into their folds? What are Amazonian Halflings like?

>Musclestacks
BONER BLS

>So are your Amazons egalitarian?
Not really.

>Do they accept other races into their folds?
It happens occasionally, if they prove their worth.

>What are Amazonian Halflings like?
Nonexistent.

>What is the most precious commodity in the world like this?

The ingredients of the alchemical process.

Turns out it's just shotajizz

What about males as leaders? I love the idea of a symbolic or puppet leader that is a male that lives like a king, who should not and cannot complain.

No, they're very insular. The most they'll accept are half-breeds or planetouched born to their tribes.

I think the Greco-Roman modeled Amazons should.

Plus orc Amazons.

Orc amazons are just orcs

So, we never really got to discuss what the other countries around The Amazon nation were.

There was talk about a great collapse of an Empire and the amazon nation is simply a chunk carved out of it or a former servant state.

What other things might rise from Not!Rome's ashes?

Goths, and Germanics, Arabs starting the Islamic Golden Age (with potential Mohammed Analogue still kicking), perhaps a Charlemagne starting the European Medieval period starting a Holy Roman Empire. Also plenty of tribal pagans.

Apparently fucking retards, given the inefficient quagmire of poor spending and failing infrastructure that is 'Zonlandia

>Telepathy, hypnotic gaze, third eye for sight based magic
First and third could be good for coordination and recon, second sounds a interesting as a distraction for others to get into place

>Like something tribal. Either elemental, or spiritual, or animistic.
In that case I can see things like a lot of buffing then (bear's strength, eagle's eyes, ect) and elemental blasting attacks then

Not really, as I mentioned previously I like the idea of magical transhumanism/experimentation so I probably wouldn't have her be the only one doing this or even the best, but she is the only one (currently) building a state around it

That would be me, and it was less her nation is the equivalent of N. Korea and more "Crazy dictator does her thing in her isolated "nation""

Yeah, the thought I was going for, if she exported dye's it'd be like I posted in my version, one or two colors at best, still profitable but not hugely so

Vaguely remember that from DF, though I sorta think I'd prefer if it was one or the other, I wasn't thinking it was a powerful/rich nation, just one able to stay afloat

>And why exactly would a rich, well-to-do nation submit themselves to a twisted, tyrannical reign full of ruthless human experimentation?
Was thinking it might be because there was a noticeable quality of life improvement and/or being a former adventurer, she did some things back in the day that made her an appealing looking leader for the people there

>So are your Amazons egalitarian?
For the most part yes, mass use of the lowest level of enhancement sees to that though amazons are championed as the backbone of the army

>Do they accept other races into their folds?
I'm actually still thinking it over, on one hand I'm seeing it kinda like an Elan situation where only humans can become one, but I also dislike that limitation, currently leaning towards yes but you'll need a good reason for them to do so

>What are Amazonian Halflings like?
It's an amusing thought, I'd say always shorter than other amazons, but by level 2 enhancements about average human male sized, level 3 between human level 2 and 3

I actually kinda like the idea they sell (some) of the surplus ingredients, probably not all of them though

Wouldn't fit in the set up I have in my head but I can see it working in another context, what position were you thinking of?

>What other things might rise from Not!Rome's ashes?
I like the idea it was a slow, still ongoing decline, the empire's still there surrounded by city states in various stages of not!Romanness, is good too

>quality of life improvement
Yeah, I'm sure all those child soldiers working under crackpot dictators in Africa really felt their quality of life improve. And I'm sure the current merchant and ruling political class of the nation was totally cool with an entire regime and culture upheaval, which is to say nothing of the common man who is quickly finding himself obsolete in the New World Order where only girls can be men anymore
>and/or being a former adventurer
Who gives a fuck? You think being an expert killer in a PMC nowadays would net you any sort of political favor? Do you think "ex-mercenary" looks good in ANY individual who is supposed to be loyal to your nation before material wealth?

Now you're making me wonder why the Supreme Leader isn't constantly having to put down rebellions funded by rich, displaced merchants and fantasy luddites pissed off at their wives and daughters getting pressganged into becoming abominations of nature (if the process doesn't deform or kill them) and getting replaced in all manual labor jobs by said abominations

>she is the only one (currently) building a state around it
And why is that? Why wouldn't anyone else have the idea to turn their family into Godkings and rule over the plebeian hordes?

>Yeah, I'm sure all those child soldiers working under crackpot dictators in Africa really felt their quality of life improve.
Eh, like I said before I was thinking it was mostly isolationist, not actually much fighting being done save the chokeholds that act as the easiest way into the valley the "nation" is in, actually why she thought hiring groups of amazons out as mercenaries would be a good idea, lets them get actual experience that isn't on the training ground
And as for the whole quality of life improvement, some of it's just having someone around to organize infrastructure construction, some using a bit of magic to increase the effectiveness of said improvement, and some of it's just supplying the masses with "medicine" that boosts strength, durability, and overall health, even if it only works on half the population

Well I was thinking other nations have side projects like that, she's just the only one who actually built her nation to support her research

> Why wouldn't anyone else have the idea to turn their family into Godkings and rule over the plebeian hordes?
Who says they aren't?
"Divine" right of the kings and all that, some of them may even actually have divine blood

So supreme commander is a demigod?
Perhaps Bruce or nephew to the ancient god of abs?

>So supreme commander is a demigod?
No, not yet, I was thinking that was her end goal though

This is like a way to make Female Space Marines without butting into the lore of 40k.
That's nice.

Did anyone come up with a world map for this setting yet? I take that it is set on an alternative version of Earth, and the name of the nation of origin of the Amazon mutants along with the idea of former colony strikes me as south-american.

>Did anyone come up with a world map for this setting yet?
Not really, sorta what we're thinking up right now

>I take that it is set on an alternative version of Earth, and the name of the nation of origin of the Amazon mutants along with the idea of former colony strikes me as south-american.
Current idea is having it be on the not!Iberian peninsula, though I do like the idea of the equivalent for the age of exploration to happen earlier in a fantasy world, do like the idea it's in a not south america but would need to change some things around

Probably something Mediterranean ish, though maybe you have the Amazon nation flee their ancestral homeland to the new world after a particularly bad war.

I vote to call the new world region ‘The Far West’.

That's actually an amusing idea, I like it

I’m really proud of it, since it inverts the real world Far East, while also calling into mind the Wild or Old West.

Also I think it was suggested before, but perhaps the Amazon culture, if it expands into empire territory, gets the equivelant of the Atlantic basin, absorbing various cultures and ethnicities.

Y'all are fucking cringey and autistic. Get the fuck off Veeky Forums

Sounds cool

I'm very fond of the idea that the old Empire was Atlantis which survived Bronze Age Collapse and defeated the Sea Peoples but society became more militarized to repel the invasion. They founded colonies in Americas, Africa and Europe, conquered the Iberian Peninsula, France and Italy. Not!Persia grew and waned in Asia taking on Egypt and Anatolia.

Due to combination of political struggle and natural disasters Atlantis was shattered, its main island was devastated and the Western and Eastern regions were left on their own and unable to combine their resources. Barbarian tribes invade France, Persia struggles with another barbarian horde in Greece. Around that time the Supreme Commander creates amazon corps to defend her colony, other colonies of the Old Empire join her, some defeated tribes ask her to be their leader and join her army. Two centuries later these allied tribes live in France and Western Germany ruled by amazon nobility. They do homage to the Supreme Commander and receive their alchemical enhancement in her capital which she uses to control her eastern subjects. Western Atlanteans in Americas managed to unite themselves and now view old Atlantis as a springboard for the conquest of old eastern colonies.

Something something sorcerers are behind all this

So Amazons can into HRE?

You mean Frankish amazons? I was thinking about feudal France and Carolingian Empire. There is yet to be another claimant for the tittle of the Supreme Commander (which is equal to 'emperor' by this time) since the original holder of the title is still alive and her holdings haven't fallen apart yet.

So are the western atlanteans amazons too or just the eastern ones? Or am I reading things wrong?

Only the eastern atlanteans have alchemical enhancement and amazons. Western atlanteans have several powerful sorcerers on their side who settled there before the old empire fell apart (some of them were among original settlers). They don't know all these neat alchemical inventions the Supreme Commander possesses but red elixir curing all diseases would be of great value to western sorcerers.

Obvious twist on top of that: frontier marchs and less civilized areas are full of monsters and supernatural creatures. Amazons hunt them down either to protect their subjects or to win favor with the tribes living near the border.

Alchemical "amazons" are the fucking worst idea ever.
It removes everything amazonish from amazon other than being musclegirls. All it sounds like is some shitty harem fantasy combined with cringy female space marines.
Dragons Crown has it right. Amazons are huge and stronk and born that way.

It pains me that some autist is poisoning amazons on Veeky Forums by spamming this shit over and over.

>It pains me that some autist is poisoning amazons on Veeky Forums by spamming this shit over and over
This.

What this incessant spamming will do is to make Amazons taboo and cause shitstorms as soon as they are mentioned.
If it was a novel and interesting take on Amazons being discussed it would make it easier to swallow but no, we get doped Amazons out of some autists fap fic. If I wanted to look at females on growth hormones I can go to russia.

Amazons created by alchemy is one of the better I've seen. It explains their origin, creates design space for fancy abilities, this idea can be played dozen different ways with hundred branches each. I absolutely love it since alchemy looks out of place and has no use in most fantasy settings.

>Amazons are huge and stronk and born that way.
This girl wasn't born that way, she is a daughter of noble family who was adopted by amazons and grew among them. She would be just a tall pretty young lady if her family wasn't killed.

>Amazons created by alchemy is one of the better I've seen
It turns amazons into fantasy space marinettes, detatching them from any canon or established lore or any image of what an amazon should be.
In settings where alchemy is present to the level of creating super human,pretty much any origin of the Amazons would hold the suspension of disbelief just as good. Alchemical amazons make them akin to space marine chapters with the only unifying trait being the alchemical gene seed.
Thus it is shit for amazons as it makes amazon essentially a female space marine.

>She would be just a tall pretty young lady if her family wasn't killed
That was kind of what I meant, all her gains are natural.

And what is wrong with the more traditional matriarchal society with a pronounced sexual dimorphism or an absence of males?

I'm Russian and I don't think I've ever seen a woman on growth hormones.

It's probably a jab at the old communist athlete programs.
Russia did it back in the day but the worst offenders by far was East Germany, some of their athletes looked fucking nasty.

To each their own, I find it an interesting variation personally

>>It pains me that some autist is poisoning amazons on Veeky Forums by spamming this shit over and over
I actually think that except for the last two were so threads, it's been someone trying to do just that. Though I do feel the idea has mostly lost steam at this point, with not much more to add to it unless people want to build an actual setting with them in it instead of just fluff for a nation/faction people can slot into another setting. Though either way I'll probably stick around and keep answering questions about my version of the idea as long as threads keep getting created

I like this idea for the opportunities it opens up, but I also don't feel like the original idea of amazons is out of place in anything except for a low fantasy setting

>detatching them from any canon or established lore or any image of what an amazon should be.
As long as the core idea of "Nation/race of strong, skilled warrior women, typically isolationist/xenophobic,and often regarded as somewhat barbaric by more "civilized" lands" I don't see how it drifts too far from the core concept
And you don't need to copy a pre-existing idea exactly for your settings y'know?
Also, if you want a thread like this to die it's probably not the best idea to bump it at page 9 just so you can continue telling people how bad it is

Nothing honestly, but neither is anything wrong with toying with an idea and mixing things up

I prefer a more mythical origin for Amazons, like mortal descendants of a demigod, whose daughters are blessed with unnatural size, strength, and durability.

This has since been carried down as a bloodline of both male and female descent. Only females are blessed though.

The best type of Amazon society is the ones that has to aquire males from the outside, like the Gerudo.
Kidnapping, PoWs, slaves or simply going out into the world and finding a husband using more traditional means.

>I prefer a more mythical origin for Amazons, like mortal descendants of a demigod, whose daughters are blessed with unnatural size, strength, and durability.

Isn't that pretty much the origin of the old greek Amazons? A god decided to stick his dick into something and suddenly there where amazons.

Maybe? I'd personally keep it vague, just that the first Amazon is a demigod sister to a god of war or storms or something suitably metal. She was blessed as a particular instrument of their sibling god. Her bloodline blesses the daughters of each generation.

>I like this idea for the opportunities it opens up, but I also don't feel like the original idea of amazons is out of place in anything except for a low fantasy setting
I was talking about alchemy in fantasy settings which feels completely redundant in generic fantasy where wizards can learn magic just by reading books and handwave everything. Amazons can fit in most fantasy settings no problem.

>who was adopted by amazons and grew among them
And where was the part where they forcefed her steroids because that's the only way to beat -4 str?

>I actually think that except for the last two were so threads, it's been someone trying to do just that.
Then why are these last two threads the worst of the bunch?

>detatching them from any canon or established lore
What is this canon you are talking about, user? There are many different versions of myth about amazons, sometimes mixed with more historical parts. Does the image of woman accusing her husband's son of rape because he denied her advances fits your perception of Greek amazons? It certainly doesn't fit mine but that's one of versions written by Greeks.
>In settings where alchemy is present to the level of creating super human
It merely turns them into giant tough warriors. Nothing indicates the Supreme Commander is capable to do more than that, it's basic premise of the setting.
>pretty much any origin of the Amazons would hold the suspension of disbelief just as good
Then alchemical enhancement is as good as any other origin story
>Alchemical amazons make them akin to space marine chapters
They hold little in common with space marines outside general notion of being superb augmented warriors.
>That was kind of what I meant, all her gains are natural.
If you follow Greek myths about amazons being daughters of Ares then their gains and combat prowess are no more natural than augmentations

Daily reminder that y'all are autistic and should get off the board

It is fine to bully an amazon as long as it consist of snoot booping.

Good thing I left space for Phoenician amazons in my version of the setting. Time to pat myself on the back.

>alchemy in fantasy settings
Wat?
Alchemy's just pretty much not!chemistry or magical chemistry, unless you mean FMA anime style alchemy we're talking potions and tonics and shit like that, hell craft(alchemy) is one of the listed craft skills in D&D and it (and being some sort of spellcaster) is needed to make a number of items

Isn’t that the reason the Russians have been banned from the next Winter Olympics?

i got a map for the Amazon Setting.

>What is this canon you are talking about, user
Pretty much all depictions of Amazons paint them as a matriarchal society with a strong martial tradition. Origins tend to either be scythianish or amazonian jungle tribe.
Your spacemarinettes come from a regular society where a perverted ruler decides to make a warrior harem using alchemical doping.

They are literally female space marines.
>created by injecting normal human with magick mcguffin goo
>super soldiers with fantastic abilities
>only works on one gender because reasons
>amazons can thus be of any cultural background, the only unifying factor is the super warrior goop enhancement