It is possible for a white person to roleplay a tribal warrior inspired by the Zulu impi or Native American warrior...

It is possible for a white person to roleplay a tribal warrior inspired by the Zulu impi or Native American warrior without just being shut down or called a racist? I'm looking for a fresh take on the barbarian/fighter/ranger archetypes, and I really dig the potential a character like that could have. I'm tired as fuck of the played out mountain/frigid northlands/celtic barbarian, European man-at-arms fighter, and alone-in-the-world-except-for-beasts/Drizzt-wannabe ranger shtick.

So long as you’re not being a total idiot about it, sure.

Tbh Zulus are kinda boring. Why not a Mandingo?

That depends on the players you're playing with. Given the political climate today, you probably should bring it up to everyone and explain, then ask if everyone is okay with it.

It really sucks you have to even do that, but oh well.

Yes. Whites have been inducted as members of different cultures before, conquistadors becoming leaders of the aztecs, an Irishman becoming a samurai , slave sold by vikings fighting for his caliph or slav joining the horde

No, that is a thoughtcrime.
Btw, no one is allowed to play viking-like characters anymore. We nords have decided that we are proud pocs of colour now.

This is a bait thread, but I'm gonna use it to ask something that interested me for a while.
Do people usually play characters of their own race? I live in a very monocultural country, and my only experience with dealing with other races when it comes to RPGs was playing with a malaysian chinese guy. We played two or three games together, and all three times he played different sorts of white women.

I have a genuine question. Is there any Caucasoid tribals left?

Yeah, I've done it before. Played a Fighter from Chult in Forgotten Realms. Even had a Ugandan accent.
Just don't be a retard and don't say racist shit. Why is this so hard for people to figure out? People aren't as sensitive or triggered as /pol/tards would have you believe, not that they have ever actually gone outside or interacted with actual human beings.

There was a 19th century white dude who became a Zulu chieftain. They even called him a “Hippo” which is a huge honor. Ended up single handedly fathering an entire new clan with his wives.

Pic related isn’t him (actually a white Ashanti chief), but you get the idea.

Thats awesome. I like 'hidden' history stuff like this.

>Is there any Caucasoid tribals left
It strongly depends on your definition of "caucasoid" and "tribals". There are people living on the litral Caucasus right now, who could be considered tribal - they are still living in clans.

This answer satisfies my curiosity.

Most tribal mentality is still a vestigial remnant within modern European culture (such as the famously contentious Scotsmen who still value clannish ideology).
Good friend of mine is half asian, and while I've never played in his group, his characters are normally white because it takes place in not!Europe.
On the flip side, I'm white and quite often play non-white characters, like Hill Dwarves or an asian character in a Wuxia setting.

for some reason reminds me of fantasy chinjapan in discworld where five great clans vie for power.
Hong, Tang, Fang, Sung, and McSweeney

McSweeney?

McSweeney.

Lord Byron compared Albanians to Scottish Highlanders in culture and customs

Shame was hoping there was some viking/aryan descended big titted amazon babes somewhere.

the result of mercenaries getting power and assimilating into the power structure and culture.

That was many generations back, of course

OP here. Not a bait thread. I'm actually trying to gauge how spotty of an idea this is. I'm liking the vibe of "fuck everyone else, play what you want" I'm getting, though. It's definitely nice to see that other people have had similar ideas for characters, too.

To answer your question, I don't think I've ever seen a non-white character at the table who wasn't a non-human as well.

Boy, have I got a treat for you!

Wew boi

Yes, it's possible, as long as you are not British or Dutch.

Those are gauls you damn sea-gypsy.
First you steal our northern coast, then you steal our visuals!

You fairy! You idiot!
Those are racist caricatures of us proud and oppressed svandinavians as seen in the movie "asterix and the V*IKINGS" made by the FRENCH! who are WHITE and not POX like we!

Isn't this what RPG's are for? As long as you aren't "ooga booga, where da white wimmins at?" and do a little research, only an idiot would have a problem with it.

>as long as you are not Britis
right of conquest

Dis right here

Personally, I only play characters my own race. I tried playing an orc once, but that one orc girl in our group started complaining that I'm being racist and appropriating her culture.

Oh and OP, watch "Zulu", not necessarily about them but they feature heavily in it and a movie everyone should see anyways.

This.
Just do it, feget.

Theres the Sami

Not white.

There's the wondrous land of Afghanistan.

>ooga booga, where da white wimmins at?
He's playing a Zulu, not a Basketball American, user.

Depends on the...gm and players, actually, not rhe setting. Me I'd be fine with it as long as you showed an actual effort to read up on your inspiration.

Everyone in that image looks like they'd rather be just about anywhere other than where they currently are.

???

The dog is pretty chill.

but they live in houses and have helicopters and shit. They are less tribal than the rowing packs of immigrant teenagers in those parts

Is it racist for an African to roleplay a Viking? No, of course not. Don't be an asshole with it, and you'll be fine.

As long as you put some basic research into the character's background and don't just play like some stereotypical dumb ooga-booga jungle nigger, I don't see how it would be a problem unless your group is full of SJWs that will start crying about muh cultural appropriation.

I mean, it's not like a Zulu warrior is really further removed from your daily reality than an elf wizard or an orc samurai or whatever.

Its probably dead

>Actually go and make things themselves instead of pressuring men into guilt

I love this, this is what all feminism should look like

if you dont have gay af friends then they won't care.

That was my point? Do some research and do the character justice instead of just resorting to racial stereotypes.

very old and respected family

>Sami
>White skin
>Indigenous to Europe
>Descended solely from distinct European Haplogroup
>Incredibly homogeneous
If you want to do the world a favor /pol/, dunk your face in battery acid.

Ah, I thought you were asking for tribes in general, not people who still live as they were in the stone age, I think those only exist in Africa and parts of Australia.

I mean, there's not even any sami tribes.
They are just...people. with jobs and cars and computers and hobbies like playing tennis.
Some times they dress funny and get together to complain about politics, but hey, who doesnt?

>Be 1/4 sami
>Grandma grew up in a sami reservation in finland
>Frozen comes out and tumblr types start talking about sami
>Declare that sami are not white
>Literally any one of them would call my grandma and myself white
Well it is scandinavia

>all women fuck off to their enclaves, a supermajority likely fail
>species becomes extinct, unless the segregated men and women come together for yearly breeding
I like it; good idea, user.

A tribe is just a bunch of people who recognize common ancestry, typically made up of clans or lesser tribes. Jews are a tribe.

Thats how all natives in Mexico are too and its basically a third-world country, so yeah, youll be hard pressed to find tribals as authetic as the ones in Africa anywhere else in the world.

Only african pygmies were stone age by the Roman Imperial Era

You've never met Africans have you?

My neighbors are from Guinea, and still apart of their tribe since it's a social/political structure. They have cars, houses, and air conditioning over there, because tech level isn't what defines a tribe you retard.

\tread

A lot of tribes are stone age now, in the Roman Imperial time whole continents were stone age.

isnt that just ethnicity?

lets google it

a social division in a traditional society consisting of families or communities linked by social, economic, religious, or blood ties, with a common culture and dialect, typically having a recognized leader.
"indigenous Indian tribes"
synonyms: ethnic group, people, race, nation; More

I still dont get it

I hope they're okay, the Ukraine's been fighting a Civil War right? I can't imagine they haven't been harassed.

> getting pissed over a low-effort shitpost

Grow some thicker skin user.

Wew lass

>a Civil War right?
isn't it russia they are fighting?

Look at the map of Ukraine sometime.

You don't understand, I'm not offended. I'm not Sami or anything. You just said something retarded, so I said dunk your face in battery acid. Didn't realize it would hurt your little feelings, but that's how conversations go on here, you retard.

Norsefag here, I can explain this.

The dirty reindeerfucking Lapps have historically and traditionally been considered white.
Now stop bothering me and Go preach Læstadianism in your unadorned churches.

The guy on the far left looks like his face has been photoshopped in.

>We Nords decided

You didn't do shit. Ben Franklin said during the very founding of the US that you are niggers.

You sound quite offended, unlike the guy you are responding to.

Norse, eh? quite impressive considering that the Nordics have been, well, nordic and not norse since the 1200's.

I love baiting fellow nords

Nah, I just tell people to fuck off if they say something stupid. I'm not going to argue "Umadbro" shit, I'm just going to keep saying he's retarded.

African inspiration thread? Images and information
Pic related, a photo of the last king of the Zulu

How can it be a civil war when little green men from space are actively fighting in it?

Because there sure are no russian soldiers, russian tanks and russian AA missile batteries in the Ukraine.

Dude, what if there actually was an alien invasion down there and it was being covered up?

Dude, you might wanna go to /pol/ and wait there until you're back to normal.

exactly

/pol/ is where teens with self esteem issues go and become the opposite of normal.

Say it some more. Then I'll see that you're totally calm and not offended.

he's a big guy

Depends on your group, though I have never encountered someone who'd actually get anal about this kinda shit. Just treat it with basic respect and don't go "Unga bunga! Me am Chief Wahoo Shitting Bear. Me drink firewater and smokum peace pipe!"

Say that you think the concept is cool, but if the faggots don't want a black man in the party then you will just play human fighter #892390 instead

You're not even replying to the original poster, chillax man

>Good day to you sister. What has nature's bounty brought you today?

Pretty sure that's a woman.

So how is their tribe going to last long, they going to steal husbandos or daughterus?

>hunger and irritability

Last free king of the Ashanti, sent to Seychelles

Do this and don't set out to be racist and you'll be fine. If you misstep the worst someone will do is point it out without tearing you down.

yep

>he thinks the Sami are white
>he thinks the Slavs are white
>he thinks the Greeks are white
>he thinks haplogroups mean a fucking thing
Low IQ.

>he is just another worthless /pol/fag who can't accept that reality is messy and all these groups married his pure anglo-saxon forefathers all the time.

Not on nu/tg/pol/.

As I was reading the first line of your post, and with your picture in mind, I was thinking, "wait, that's Kente cloth. All of that looks Ashanti."

Then I reached the second line.

Kidnapping healthy male specimens for snoo snoo.

Sure, as long as you're not going OOGA BOOGA WERE DA WHITE WIMMIN AT and are playing with mature adults.

Depends on your group. If your not playing it to be specifically demeaning to the group, and act with maturity, and the choice to be a minority group is actually relevant to who the character is, then I couldn’t imagine anyone but a hair-trigger pencildick getting upset about it.

Yep, I've done it before. My setting often features those that live in desert or tropical climates but with pale white skin and white features because I don't want to include any other races in my games.

Perfectly fine and fits with fantasy just fine.

Yes, don't play with overly sensitive SJW's who think cultural appropriation is a real thing.

here. Would anons be interested if I translated my article on african fantasy? It's much better researched and more readable than the notes in the link.

Average Finnish demeanor