Exactly how EVIL is your current bad guy?

Exactly how EVIL is your current bad guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oECK1dNbuho
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

probably not but he's blue and we're red and he's a gym ahead of us already

He is soo evil that he is completly aware that he is doing morally wrong and selfish, and he take great pleasure to torment innocent people either by taking away their freedom, torture them, destroy their precious thing, kill their friends and love ones, and also destroy their reason to life.

We haven't met him yet, but considering he's doing the whole "raise the dead, slay the living, add their corpses to the unstoppable undead war machine" thing, I'd wager a guess that he's pretty damn EVIL.

But considering how poorly the campaign is going it doesn't look like anyone is going to survive, so I'm starting to think we'd better pull a Shaun of the Dead on this one instead of dealing with the EVIL guy.

>Go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over.

He's a monster that rationalizes his brutality with veneers of necessity and is a selfish, cowardly individual who pretends to make "the hard choices" when in reality he simply sacrifices other people because it's convenient.
He's unaware of these flaws, and sees himself as a wise and noble man beset by ungrateful idiots he's saving from both outside threats and themselves. Those who oppose him are either willingly plotting the downfall of his people or so stubborn and hostile that it would be a fatal error to try and engage them.
In his mind, his ascension is based on merit and ultimately serves the greater good. Because, surely, once he has all the power, there will be no need to continue playing these shadow games.

She ripped a teenager's throat out and devoured his remains like she was a zombie.

Is she cute tho?

Great question. During the entire first arc, I've been hammering the players again and again about how breaking the sacred hospitality is the worst crime in their culture by far, even worse than killing your own father and then pissing on his grave, and even the worst scum will think twice before doing it. It got to the point when even my players won't break sacred hospitality, and they're complete murderhobos.

The establishing character moment of my main villain will be breaking sacred hospitality and trying to kill the PCs.

He's more crazy than evil cause the God's have been driving him mad for a larf

You should do it in a social enviornment like a party where tons of innocent npcs can incur his wrath in the crossfire

Exactly this will happen. A lot of people will die, and I plan to kill off the party too, for multiple reasons. My only trouble is figuring out if I want them to know that their deaths are not permament right after they die, or if I should wait until the next session for the afterlife adventuring.

7/10 evil id say.
He was manipulating the king of one of the two free realms(smaller of the two) so that he, a expert diplomat half orc, is making treaties with the evil sneaky elves, and plot wars against the other human empire and the other free realm. He recruited the party to kill some orcs and humans to brew hostilities, and once his organization was overthrown in the city, he killed his cousin and stole his identity, consolidating the power and assets of the ruling class.
Hes an elf who likes to watch the party suffer and make them do evil or warmongering quests. He enjoys the game of it and keeps the party happy with loot and property and titles, for now..
His redeming qualities are that he is trying to bring about a stable empire, though it is an elf only kingdom in his mind.

Nigga, no.
Don't just fucking "kill the party".
If you can kill them fair and square, yes.
If any can survive, you let them survive.

Haha they should know going in, and my advice.. is to keep it short, if theyre going to be resurected, So they dont miss out on more than a game or two worth of items and gold.. which can be upsetting, unless this is a campaign ender haha

>Don't just fucking "kill the party".
They are stepping into a trap, they're up against a massively overwhelming force, and I'm not going to just scale down the main antagonist of my game so it will be "fair".

She kicks puppies. And literally burned down the orphanage when she made her past with her patron. But she's hot though , so I'm pretty sure the party face (who's backstory is that fucking orphanage) is going to try something stupid

Yes, but is it a trap they would reasonably expect, identify and avoid, which you don't think they will because "sacred hospitality" or are you going to just do a GM fiat scenario where they'll never have a chance to get it?
Will this trap be orchestrated by one man alone, with no loose ends, or will there be multiple accomplices? Are all of them steel-willed pro poker players who give nothing away? Does nobody notice anything weird before the trap?

To put it simply: Is it a difficult puzzle they *might* succeed, or is it a "Nope, the walls are TNT and you all die"?

very

>Is she cute tho?
The GM's unofficial name for her is "Cyberthot". She's some kind of cyber-zombie who used sex appeal to lead away one of the PCs' friends and presumably ate or kidnapped him. GM usually takes time to remind us of how hot she is.

She's not looking so good after my shotgun blast to the jaw though. Still alive, since we want to figure out what happened to our friend, but this is not her finest hour.

>thot
what the fuck? is your gm a fat teenage girl?

I wanna do lewd things to EVIL

He's not, it just looks like he is because he sets people free and then they make shitty choices because they're not used to this whole responsibility thing. They'll figure it out eventually, but in the meantime it makes him an easy target for propaganda and an object of fear and contempt for those with a measure of power.

8/10
He's not inherently malevolent towards anyone. However, his goals involve potentially putting the entirety of the planes at risk of nonexistence.

1/10. He's a genuinely heroic and just Paladin, the PC just happens to be a member of the Always Chaotic Evil race of maneating monsters his order is dedicated to destroying.

The fact she's the sole anomaly that's not mindlessly evil, is mitigated heavily by the fact that she's a freakishly powerful mutant,
that's outstripped most of her race's strength in record time. He's not going to let a threat like that run unchecked, even if at the moment she's playing nice.

He'd find everyone on this pic good company, except that he'd be competing with them.

Also, before anyone says jack shit:

1) That's G1 Megatron, he was not fighting for better working conditions, he was just a bad guy from the start.

2) The Yuuzhan Vong are noncanon, and even when they weren't Palpatine was conquering the Galaxy for the sake of it and incidentally would be fighting the Yuuzhan Vong, he had no altruistic motives.

3) IT is genuinely malevolent beyond just being hungry. Read the book.

4) I liked the new Power Rangers movie, but classic Rita could have fit there just as well.

5) That's Sauron as of the end of the Third Age, where he's devolved to evil for the sake of evil, whatever his original intentions.

6) Raul Julia is there because he is Best Bison, but video game Bison would admittedly have probably been better.

7) Anyone who disagrees with Nicol Bolas being here should read the story where he tears apart the Gatewatch with full mustache-twirling villainly for shits and literal giggles (i.e., he could have been straightforward but actively chose mustache-twirling because it was more fun)

8) Dick Dastardly duly deserves his disposition on this diagram for dirty deeds of dramatic distinction and dedication even when defending against defeat.

>8
Daily dose of defiant depravity?

Definitely.

We're playing Necessary Evil right now, he's pretty evil.

>Extra-Dimensional God-King Wizard from a realm of DARKNESS
>Has no face and uses magic to attack people with DARKNESS
>Has torn up chunks of road and made statues in his likeness out the asphalt using the power of DARKNESS
>Is super scary and caused a few mooks to have heart attacks based on his visage alone and DARKNESS
>Refers to his fellow PCs as, "His Minions" despite the fact they could probably obliterate him

DARKNESS is fun.

We were paid a lot of gold pieces to stop him so we never really questioned his motives.

That...kind of sounds like my god of darkness.

>War: "So...are you - "
>Darkness: "KNOW THAT SHADOW IS INFINITE AND THAT I AM THE EBON WILL THAT RESIDES IN ALL THINGS. I AM THE NIGHTMARE THAT NEVER ENDS AND THE SOVEREIGN OF THE CEASELESS ABYSS. TO LOOK UPON ME IS TO KNOW THE END OF ALL THINGS."
>War: "So does that mean it's my turn?"
>Darkness: "YES."
>War: "Wait, how can you be the end of all things if you're the nightmare that never -
>Darkness: "THE FEEBLE MIND OF MORTALS CANNOT COMPREHEND THE VASTNESS OF MY POWER, BUT I THOUGHT YOURS A GREATER INTELLECT. WHEN CREATION WAS ANCIENT I WAS YOUNG. WHEN ORDER AND CHAOS FIRST BATTLED I WATCHED WITH NO INTEREST. WHEN DEATH MEETS HER FINAL END IT SHALL BE INTO ME THAT SHE RETREATS."
>War: "...okay..."
>Darkness: "IT'S COMPLICATED."

Orthos, the Sovereign of the Howling Dark, is known to be actively hostile towards living things. After talking to him for any length of time, one gets the sense it's only because he's trying way too hard.

Is that last one dr jekyll?

I mean he's the son of a demon infested dark queen but he has a heart in there and he's wrestling with his (literal) inner demons so prolly a 7 outa ten

Yes.

cooool

>I'll...live...inside you forever...!
>>NO!
>With SATAN HIMSELF BY MY SIDE!
>>NOOOOO!
>And I know that NOW, and FOREVER - they'll never be able to separate Jekyll from HYDE!

Man, I wish I could sing worth a damn.

youtube.com/watch?v=oECK1dNbuho

He is the spawn of a succubus and a human who was left to rot in the 9 hells (shaped by it, moulded by it). When the party found the eye of Vecna, he stole it and replaced his own eye with it. He then led an army of devils to the material plane where he laid waste to everything in his path in search of the hand of Vecna. He finds it and finishes his conquest of the realm as the supreme overlord. He believes all below him should serve or die and has no tolerance for anyone who does not fit into one of those two categories.

he doesn't use coasters

Holy SHIT, user!

How do you sleep at night playing in a campaign like that?!

He just wants his mom's corpse to stop being experimented on.

Delightful!

>read some magic tablets and went crazy
>gutted a bunch of people to turn them into cyborgs to "fight" (re: cause) the apocalypse
>deliberately ends the bloodline of a Divine Beast (weeb game) and kills his first self to become a pseudolich
>feeds off souls to sustain himself, can snuff out the souls of Divine Beast descendants to walk the earth in the flesh
>first time he possessed someone they did the same thing as him, didn't get very far
>second time he possessed someone he nearly ended the world, killed hundreds of people and cyborgized dozens of them
>was defeated by four plucky magical high school students through the power of friendship
>who he promptly killed utterly in a suicide attack - along with his host - since he's a sore loser
>third time is happening right now, one of the PCs just happened to be a DB descendant, is currently fighting to not lose their soul
>PC happens to be the most innocent and sheltered one of the party
>their struggle caused the PC to consider suicide on more than one occasion to prevent his re-entry into the world

pretty evil, in that callous, self righteous way

Patrician gif choice OP

He abducted the nice elderly librarian we were working with, turned him into a vampire, mind raped him into a feral mess, put him in a mausoleum for us to find and left a note saying "if you want to rescue your friend come here". Said librarians greatest fear was becoming undead, and the big bad laughed when he found him in the crypt.

I'd say he's evil.

My BBEG is spreading feminism. My players really really want to kill them.

>2018
>Still using bad guys
I’m lafin at u, m8

On a more serious note, I don’t actually use specific “bad guys” anymore. It’s more a systemic “there is this problem, and we need to solve it.” Or something like, “the rogue has caught ass-cancer-equivalent and needs an obscure tree root to be cured.” By this point, my group is tired of specific bad-guys-who-are-evil.

Lawful evil, but not EVIL evil. Greater good is more important than the rights of the individual, so like 4.5/10 on the evil scale?

>It’s more a systemic “there is this problem, and we need to solve it.” Or something like, “the rogue has caught ass-cancer-equivalent and needs an obscure tree root to be cured.

I want more of this in my games.

Well if it's kill all men feminism then it makes sense.

mine is the last dragon of his species after being over hunted and wants to revive a dragon God to eliminate the races that hunted them. so i guess he's semi evil?

My BBEG makes Hitler look like he did nothing wrong.

sephiroth?

inb4
>implying Hitler did anything wrong

Unintentionally less so than the PC's.

Current recurring antagonist just ambushed the party and forced the wizard (for backstory purposes) to choose between her left hand or the dragonborn paladin's horns. It was great

He's a guy making a quick buck and gaining political power. He hired bandits to ambush some rich caravans, then hires the heroes to clear out said bandits so he gets some credit for quickly dealing with the problsm.

he didn't tho

Just from the description, it sounds like the party stepped into an encounter they had no chance to win of their own doing. Either they're suicidally overconfident or stupid. Anyone with an ounce of rationality or abstract thinking could see that, you autistic monkey. Fuck off with your "lol always the GM's fault" bullshit.

Are you playing Mystery Men in the Godbound setting or something? Because that sounds like FUN!

Human lord who feared losing his land and lifestyle to a new king that emerged determined to unite the various human rulers into a new empire "for their own protection", pushed him into making a bargain with a being that proposed to give him the power to fight back, the being was full of shit and was actually trying to possess him so he could be a wolf walking amongst sheep, the noble figured he was being tricked and fought back during the ritual and the now imperfect ritual led to the first vampire, powerful but not fully able to blend in through the restrictions that come with being a vampire.

Osama Bin Laden style.
He (or she) is just an ordinary Terrorist to the pcs.

Trying to create a system spanning lotus eater hivemind. Crazy ancient AI is cray-cray.

He doesn't believe in the free market.

that bastard

That flourish at the end was top-tier

Mine isn't so much evil as much as he's going bad things for a selfish reasons. My BBG was married to a woman who was thrown into the Vault of Time, a place where anything thrown into it is erased from reality and history. No one would remember them at all. But he still feels love for something and he knows it's in the vault so he's done everything to get in the vault, including turning himself into a lich to give himself more time. Best part is because he's turned himself into a lich, he can't actually use the items in the Vault to save his wife so he's giving others the items to have them test them for himself.

She's so evil, all the toilet seats in the kingdom have razorsharp blades fitted on their undersides AND REALLY LOOSE HINGES!

LIJ bring it out

Yeah, I'm not finding who LIJ is

Los igobernables de japon a wrestling stable in Japan

Los Ingobernables de Japon, a stable in japan's top pro-wrestling promotion that took off like crazy last year.

Their members are the guy in the OP, a tall boring guy with a mohawk, a midget that spits in people's faces, a guy with an unhealthy attachment to a stuffed animal and their spanish-speaking leader.

Thanks!

He crucifies parents specifically to later eat their orphans coming to avenge them.

>being buttblasted at someone using badwrong words

>fat teenage girl

Are you?

He doesnt fight the party. He merely creates all sorts of chaos just to fuck with em. On his own, he sparked a massive elf-hate-boner in a dwarven fortress by dressing up as a slutty elf and kicking the king in the nutsack. Then he escaped to the woods and initiated a mass-dwarf-genocide by disguising himself as a dwarf and pissing off the local elven druids, by tickling their nutsacks with his fake beard, shortly followed by two nutsack kicks. Then he managed to make a human king ban all fetishes cept good ol' plug n play.