geekandsundry.com/twitch/
youtube.com/watch?v=vIGDn31bEq8

FAQ:
>Is coming back?
Yes, the entire cast will be back

>What level are they starting at?
Level 2, they played through level 1 on stream

>What is everyone playing?
No idea, Travis is possibly Cleric/Paladin and Marisha is apparently a martial (Probably Monk)

>Will there be campaign 1 spoilers?
Probably a few minor ones at first, possibly more later.

>Where/When is the campaign in relation to the first?
It takes place 30 years after the sealing of Vecna behind the Divine Gate on the continent of Wildemount. Wildemount is pretty closed off from the rest of the world. The only place they visited on that continent in the first campaign was Draconia.

Most of the fanbase (who probably don't play D&D) is in for a rude awakening when they realize the characters won't be very fleshed out for another 20 sessions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=35_vu1yakNA
youtube.com/watch?v=9eDqH-BAzXM&t=924s
youtube.com/watch?v=2JhBOeVVWKU
twitter.com/BrianWFoster/status/949009387015700480
youtu.be/CCBfJBf-t2Y?t=1h19m55s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is Marisha still going to be terrible or was it just Keyleth that was terrible?

Tonight will be the night we find out. If it's just Keyleth, rejoice. If it's Marisha, we can all hate on her together.

Disappointed the time slot hasn't changed, making it still super inconvenient for everyone outside of the US. But at least I can still watch it tomorrow, with the ability to skip the intro and break.

Still excited for the fresh atmosphere of the first few episodes/quest of the first campaign though, before it became a depressing slog. Hopefully Marisha's character won't be awful and she'll actually be willing to put effort in to understanding it and the game mechanics, and who knows, maybe she won't cheat this time around...

Travis was hinting at werewolves a bit for that last Talks. I think he's a blood hunter.

On one hand she seems ok outside of Keyleth (She is Creative Director at G&S now because there was some kind of mass exodus and they were like "lol can you pls do this Marisha"?). Her one-shot was great, she was fine on Force Grey, and very good in Sagas of Sundry (Which I'd go as far as to say was worth signing up for a free month to watch). She also claims that she dials up the angst/awkwardness for Keyleth but that could just be her talking out her ass

On the other she has done some questionable things (The "missed" concentration checks against Vecna for example) and gets annoying when she is drunk. Keyleth was obnoxious as fuck as well.

I really hope she doesn't sit next to Tal again

She can absolutely play other characters, she just has a horrible tendency to cheat and argue about rules when she doesn't get her way when playing Keyleth, because sentiment or some shit.

I hope to christ her character is an actual character and not just herself, so that she is forced to put effort in, otherwise it will be obvious to everyone if she phones it in.

Anyone know where I can watch the stream of them playing their new characters at level 1? Anyone know what class and race of each player in the new game?

Level 2, they played through level 1 on stream

>What is everyone playing?
No idea, Travis is possibly Cleric/Paladin and Marisha is apparently a martial (Probably Monk)

They each had individual short home games/quests with Matt solely for the purposes of getting into the shoes of their characters. They were not streamed or recorded, and rightly so.

There is no information on what the new characters are. The OP even said this.

They haven’t officially revealed anything.

I have a few guesses based on the silhouettes, but they’re playing things pretty close to their vests until they go live later tonight.

Well for some reason I put "They played the level 1 on stream" instead of off stream.

>Too retarded to even make an OP

>maybe she won't cheat this time around
I've been watching the old campaign over the last few weeks (watching Episode 71 as I type this). When did she cheat? I'm not very experienced with table-top games so I've not noticed anything that struck me as cheating.

On a different note, I sincerely hope Taliesin isn't a smug piece of shit trying to steal everyone's spotlight and getting pissy when people tread on his own toes this time (though it'll be a while before I get round to watching the new campaign)

>Level 2, they played through level 1 on stream

There was a significant missed concentration check from her on the last boss that she may have willfully ignored. This check ended up turning the tide of the fight

IMO the missed check was a net loss for them (Other than reading the book she allowed a bunch more damage to go out on Vecna when Vecna was 5HP from Discorperating. Also she broke the trammel)

I'm actually pretty hyped for this
really?

God I wish I could edit the OP.

Level 2, they played through level 1 off stream. THEY DID NOT RECORD THIS IN ANY WAY

Level 2, they played through level 1 off stream. THEY DID NOT RECORD THIS IN ANY WAY

is twitch gonna crash tonight?
>agdq
>ow league
>new CR
all at the same time

Why? Their constant hugging was adorable

Probably. I am going to watch it either on Alpha or Youtube

I keep forgetting to cancel my recurring sub to Alpha after Sagas of Sundry

Don't you mean cringey?

Hugging was fine. It was when he was constantly kissing her and cradling her and rocking her back and forth that creeped me the fuck out.

they have been very close friends for many years, he is at their home sometimes too as seen in streams by Matt

Predictions:

>Marisha will be annoying
>Sam will be an excellent player but continue to be Himself: the Character
>Liam is edgy
>Laura plays something way different and will be excellent
>Travis kicks major ass and becomes new party leader as his character who will be actually smart
>Ashley might as well not be there
>Talesin plays a caster and breaks the game with OPness
>And finally, Matt gives us another fun if not somewhat predictable story.

>you will never have post new campaign sex with laura as she whispers sweet nothings into you ear with her shin-chan voice

Missed you guys

>>Travis kicks major ass and becomes new party leader as his character who will be actually smart
Don't toy with my emotions like that, user.

>previous Talks Machina, Travis eluded to rolling multiple single digit stats
might just have been a troll, but if not
Dice Gods, give the guy some slack

God I hope Travis's character is smart this time

I feel it in my soul user, he's taking the reigns this time

still a very dumb/annoying decision to make the portraits not what their actual characters are

One thing I just remembered is I hope neither Liam or Taliesin try to use English accents, because theirs are terrible and all over the place.

If Travis unleashes his potential and becomes natural party leader I will cum

Is that what they did?

yeah, PR or whatever then had to constantly inform people on twitter that the portraits are not their characters

According to Matt on twitter his stats are fine and he is just jealous that Laura rolled like a God

99% sure you got trolled by Brian Foster. Even Laura made a comment that she saw people who got them all right

I feel like I am the only person in the world who seems to thing Brian Foster is fucking hilarious and I would bro with him any day

Other than Ashley of course

Which character's the one that was basically nothing but pop culture references?

Sam's, he was the Bard and he would sing parodies of modern songs when he gave inspiration.

Critical Role is what made me interested in playing Dungeons and Dragons. Sadly, I cannot afford the books and dice and such, nor do I have friends to play with, let alone who can teach me how to play.

What do I do?

end it

Pirate the books on the DnD general, and hit up Roll20 or a LFG thread for more games.

>Go to /5eg/
>Download from the trove
>Use roll20/LFG thread (The LFG on reddit is very good if you can fit into a politically correct culture)

At the very least, try and find a local game store that runs the Adventurers League.

They’ll give you a pre-generated character, put you at a table with other players, and you learn as you play.

This, just look in the trove and get all the books there

Read the Player's Handbook as for how to play, also watch Web DM's introduction videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=35_vu1yakNA
youtube.com/watch?v=9eDqH-BAzXM&t=924s

And if you are thinking of DMing:
youtube.com/watch?v=2JhBOeVVWKU

noice, webdm is good shit

>politically correct culture

It's tons of fun playing politically uncomfortable characters from campaigns you joined there, though. Family-focused fatherly rangers and deeply religious Warlocks seem to get them sweating.

>they played through level 1 on stream
wut? When was this?

They didn't, see

Nah I mean outside of game. People on reddit arent going to take well to you if your username is "trumpouttheniggers"

Marisha does some annoying shit but I would so tap dat ass.

Nah bro.

Hell, I practically have a redhead fetish, and even I wouldn’t do Marisha...

I honestly don’t know what Matt sees in her.

eh, she's too thin for me

No clue. But when I tuned into the twtich channel and randomly saw her dressed in tight spandex as Dark Phoenix I nearly messed my pants.

They didn't, OP was misguided.

For a long time I regarded him as a 'so bad he's good' kind of host. But now he's got much better. Also, following him on Twitter, I think he's pretty cool.
twitter.com/BrianWFoster/status/949009387015700480
This one of him subtly slapping down passive-agressive SJW shit got me to totally accept him

You must need a second pair of underwear when you go outside, then. Because that tight spandex shit is all the rage these days.

>I honestly don’t know what Matt sees in her.

You'd be shocked how much bullshit you're willing to put up with when the person becomes familiar.

Nah girls these days just wear black leggings and that's boring as shit.

that wasnt sjw shit, that was just being a child

>saying that someone should be fired over whether or not a question about an NPC gets asked

God, some elements of this fan base can be fucking insane...

Ah, that's true. I've just been in a few campaigns where the IC seemed to bleed into OOC, and I was wondering if that was ever going to be an issue.

Heh.
Thanks for pointing out the general. I'll have to check when I get home from work.
This may be a challenge as I'm...not a NEET, but I'm lazy as shit, and I get lost using a GPS even, but if it's my best option...

it gets much worse, the sjw side is so neurotic that it made matt cry. if you ever say anything bad about a player in twitch chat (which most of the time it's warranted because they cheat or waste time) then you'll get constant classic responses like

"it's their game, they can cheat if they want!!!"
"you guys just hate marisha because she's a girl!!!"
"we're lucky to even be watching their game, you guys have no right to complain!!"

can someone explain to me why Veeky Forums likes this show? it seems like everything Veeky Forums usually hate

there are plenty that do, you'll see people post things like "wow, this is the cancer killing Veeky Forums right here"

for me it's entertaining, good acting/voice acting with fun battles. it's my weekly dnd fix while i wait for my home games every weekend

I mean the online options can work too, but if you’re looking for a group to play with face-to-face, then I’d still say that the Adventurers League is probably a decent place to start.

Although they’ll probably encourage you to buy your own set of dice after a few sessions.

"It's there small home game that they have been generous enough to allow us to watch. Don't be a hater"

The majority of the vocal fanbase is complete and utter objective cancer. It's awful.

Matt Mercer by himself makes the entire thing entertaining.
He does great fucking voices.
I also enjoyed Sam/Scanlan the most of anyone with Travis/Grog as a second.

People who watch other people have fun in a group tend to be terrible people, who knew.

I don't think most of Veeky Forums likes it. But plenty of people come here to discuss it because it's not a fucking SJW safe zone like the rest of the fanbase and people can spew their heated controversial opinions as much as they like.

Travis is the best though? Sam second

Veeky Forums is not a hive mind. There is no one true opinion about any given subject.

That being said, a significant portion of Veeky Forums does hate Critical Role. They blame it for inviting in the normies, the casuals, and the SJWs into the RPG community.

And I’m not entirely certain that they’re wrong...

That being said, I enjoy it because I honestly enjoyed the old characters, the story being told, and the skill of the DM at weaving a cohesive story that was fun, entertaining, and incorporated the backstories of all the PCs at one point or another.

Sorry but I can't trust the opinion of someone that posts Dragonball faggotry.
I like Travis a lot I just like Sam more

Travis and Sam make the show worth watching. Being able to talk about it without hive mind safe zone nonsense. Found out about it from Laura Bailey and stayed for her

>the sjw side is so neurotic that it made matt cry
youtu.be/CCBfJBf-t2Y?t=1h19m55s
His story in the same video 45:00 and 1:10:00 about his tattoos/Burning Man/Trying drugs for the first time was very interesting

God that kills me every time. Matt is pretty liberal and his world in very inclusive in a "gay/straight/bi/asexual people are just people" way and they still flame the fuck out of him because none of the MC's are gay, or because Vax didn't marry Gilmore. or none of his players (his friends) are trans/black/muslim ect.

A lot of the community sucks massive fucking dick. Like recently Matt vented about something on twitter (No idea what, apparently he was Googling himself to see critisims of himself so he can get better.). He said something about it (To the tune of "never google yourself if you enjoy self confiidence". The fanbase went to fucking work finding someone talking trash about CR (It was a retarded tumblr post) and then attacked the creator and twitter with death threats ect. Matt ended up having to go on an apology tour to cool the flames.

Mind you Matt deleted the tweet nearly immediately, and this was t like 3am EST.

I'm only here because I was banned from the subreddit for on several occasions voicing too negative of an opinion on Marisha, overpowered items and abilities, and the hugbox nature of the community, etc. The subreddit is an utter shithole as far as honesty and integrity go, never go there expecting worthwhile and honest discussion.

of course, that's just the classic cult of personalty syndrome on normie sites, they're all hugboxes.

i also despise the people here on Veeky Forums, but i'd rather have constant cynicism than constant apologists

Don't worry everyone hates everyone else on Veeky Forums.
Ya fucking faggot.

Fuck off reddit scum.

Yeah, I was on the subreddit for a while too, but left it after realizing the exact same thing. Nothing productive comes from there.
I follow the cast on Twitter though, and also keep Critical Role Source (good fanart gallery) and Critical Role Stats (math nerds who keep track of literally everything) on my RSS feed.

>Matt ended up having to go on an apology tour to cool the flames.

Pic related.

Say what you want about The Orville, but that episode was some cutting social commentary about Internet Outrage...

Now YOU too can smell like a DM's girlfriend.

>Fuck off reddit scum.
"I, a person on Veeky Forums, is so much better than this stranger"

Get over yourself. It might help for when you grow up a bit.

Of course Veeky Forums is better than reddit.
Are ya daft, son?

That spoiler is a little bullshit, she had just has much str as grog did but she just rolled poorly. The missed concentration is one of those things that happens when the table is on your side as opposite to against you, the lvl 17 battle royal where everyone was watching her like a hawk.

>ywn cuck matt mercer

You've got about 30 minutes to make your final guesses for who is playing what! Here's my current guesses so far:

> Travis
Human Blood Hunter (probably going to go Lycan Order)

> Sam
Kobold Rogue (will probably go Swashbuckler or AT)

> Liam
Tiefling Paladin (Probably Ancients or Vengeance)

> Laura
Tiefling Cleric (I'm personally hoping for Grave Domain)

> Ashley
Human Warlock (lets her get enough utility for blaster powers, also explains her frequent departures due to her work being on East Coast)

> Taliesin
High Elf Wizard (Abjuration or Enchantment is my guess)

> Marisha
Half-Elf Monk (Probably Sun Monk)

he was clearly being satarical

what i also hate about this place is that countless people fall for obvious bait. but then again countless people also willingly and knowingly fall for obvious bait because they want to shitpost and start an argument. it's exhausting and it's why i left /v/

I think in general here people go a bit too hard on the game itself (As it is a game for the players first and foremost, and even with the flaws that we see they have fun every time it isn't a battle royale)

However it drives me up the wall the that CR Reddit shuts down ANY criticism of ANYTHING when Matt Mercer himself has said on that very same fucking subreddit at least a dozen times that
1. Everyone has a different opinion and is entitled to it
2. Disagreements and discussion are good for everyone, and he uses that to get better himself
3. Everyone on the show has thick enough skin to handle it.

But nah, you say anything even remotely negative and your gonzo.

The fuck is a blood hunter?
And I hope Liam and Laura aren't twins again. That would feel like a rehash.

Matt Mercer homebrew he made for Vin Diesel that he published

I don't think they will, but it may be hard for them to get out of that mindset at first.

keyleth will play a bard gnome name Scanlon

He made it for Vin Diesel?
Was it supposed to be a class for Vin's old Drizzt ripoff character that he did way back in the day?

>Everyone on the show has thick enough skin to handle it.
Despite all her shortcomings, I have to give it to Marisha that with the amount of shit she gets from the Internet she handles it pretty well.

I can only imagine how often they might accidentally slip back into their old voices, I only played an odd voiced character for about 6 months and I sometimes slip back into it.

Here are my guesses as well if we're doing that kind of thing:
(All are left to right]
Sam[Tiefling Wizard]

Ashely[Human Monk]

Taliesin[Half-orc Paladin]

Travis[Human Rogue]

Liam[Halfling Monk]

Laura[tiefling sorcerer]

Marisha[Human Ranger]

What this user said. It's basically a more DPS focused Ranger that gives up spellcasting for extra elemental damage on damage rolls and a few other bonuses for skills, in exchange for dealing damage to yourself to use said powers.

It's been playtested a lot by fans and he's updated it on DM's Guild several times, and nothing seems too busted outside of some severe minmaxing that no sane DM would allow, Matt included.

It will be Blanlan her original character

Jesus if she played a bard and made any attempt to sing inspirational songs, or just any race/class that does similar things (if there are any?), I'd be done with the show.

I think Marisha might go for a fighter or barbarian.

marisha is never allowed to play a socially awkward, low self esteem character ever again but she's also not allowed to play a confident, "funny" character because i know she'll be terrible at it. she'd be great as a barbarian, mostly quiet and being dumb for laughs

I swear if there's is more than one tiefling I hope they only encounter paladins

It was for a one-shot to promote a movie by the name of, "The Last Witch Hunter." Matt designed the class for him for the one-shot, then filled the name 'Witch' off and replaced it with 'Blood' to avoid any potential copyright issues.