/swg/ Best Galactic Army Edition

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Legion battlefield setup preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/5/battlefield-recon/

Armada MC75 Profundity preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/3/profundity/
Armada Chimaera Imperial Star Destroyer preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/8/chimaera/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWB5JZRGl0U
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/genesys/products/realms-terrinoth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Other reshoots involved Laura Dern’s character Admiral Holdo, who was originally way more condescending to Poe, calling him “honey” and “flyboy.” Her character and story arc remain the same, but they made her character a little bit less abrasive so that audiences could come around to her character later in the film.

second for based mark

Would've made her sacrifice cooler.
Like a redemption sort of.

I like to think Leia spent a solid five minutes chewing out Holdo for letting things get this bad while she was out cold for a few days, and now that they're back in public they're trying to convince everyone they're okay with awkward cutesy banter.

I cringed when he posted support for Oprah as president.
Otherwise he's pretty based.

>calling him “honey”

Man this would have made the hatesex ships even more real.

Hamill's one of those guys that just seems like a genuinely great guy to be around, regardless of whether you agree or disagree with him on various issues. I'm glad he was chosen to portray one of the most optimistic, hope-filled characters of popular culture in Luke Skywalker.

Did Chopper vote for Brexit?

He will always be Luke Skywalker to me.

TLJ be damned.

No, Chopper is intelligent

>Chopper is intelligent
t. Chopper

Anyone else bummed about the LCG ending? Will we see another SW LCG in the future?

I don’t find card games appealing at all, but it’s always a bummer when a well-received product dies.

Papa Mandalore, why do we always ally with the Sith?

Don't you mean Chopper's a rapefugee

Well son, we're retarded.

Because we're autistically fixated on getting good fights and there are few ways to get the Jedi to oblige.

Well son, the Jedi are the ones who seem to end up winning these conflicts, so we want to be enemies with them, because butting heads with the strongest guys in the room is kind of our thing.

Things that cause my in-laws to think about moving to Australia
>Brexit
>Muslims
>The UK government taxing anything with/without a pulse

Damn it poms get your shit together!

We'll win, this time for sure!

So what do you want out of a star wars game? Mmo or otherwise?

>Mandos is never defeated in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fighting so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!

To see the seedy side of the galaxy rendered in the glory of modern technology.

No Sequel Trilogy garbage.

Mandos of course are also famous for painting "go faster stripes" on their armour, such as around their visors.
THEY CAN'T 'IT US IF WE'RE GOIN' FAST ENUFF!

I now really want to see mando vs ork combat

my old list was hilarously outgunned, although its probably due to my inexperience handling more than 2 ships

here is my revised list
mc80, independence, dodonna
neb b, yavaris
cr90a, jaina

luke, dutch, wedge, 3 B wings

sato replaced with dodonna to save points and help with luke
all B wings instead of Y/B mix

any suggestions for upgrades and flying carrier lists?

Mandos with green paint are basically just really 'ard digganobs, right?

That's it.
I'm doing an orkish brute of a mandalore for my next game.
I'll ask if my closest friend in the group can play some sort of intelligent partner to my Lenny the Mandalore.

*Mandalorian

But fuck that he probably thinks he is the current Mandalore

>Lenny the Mandalore
>"Tell me about the Lepis, George."

Why are nightsisters so on the nose? Especially in a show about eastern mysticism it really sticks out like a sore thumb

I have actually run some really feral mandos which 'might' have borrowed a little bit from orky warghs and more than a lot borrowed from the old timey Realm of Chaos warbands.
I might have also stolen quite a fair bit from the Firefly Reavers in terms of ships...

>bricks where shit

>I cringed when he posted support for Oprah as president.

Better her than Trump

>Lenny the Mandalore

misread that and you got my hopes up for a metal as fuck space-bard
youtube.com/watch?v=pWB5JZRGl0U

I once put together a TrandoMando but got cold feet feeling it would be too sueish

I just think it'd be fun to portray mando culture as seen by a scorekeeper-worshipping lizard

Mandalore the Slow

What's wrong with them? They're just a different kind of dark force user.

I had the players come across a band of Mando mercs in my game who were their rivals/foils/excuse to have a mirror match. The two I remember most strongly were a Twi'lek who cut off her Lekku to be able to wear a Mando helmet like everyone else and a Miraluka Mando who didn't use the force because she felt it was cheating, so she relied on echo location and things like that.
Sue as fuck? Probably, but Mandos are the vehicle of choice for weird Sue-ish ideas, and they were a fun encounter whenever they showed up.

Aside from the /swg/ dream starfighter sim, a capital ship simulator that has vessels from the Clone Wars all the way through the Imperial Civil War. Maybe with co-op so you can stage a mutiny against your friends and hijack their Star Destroyers. Also, for FFG's lawyers to finally secure the rights to publish PDFs of its Star Wars RPG books.

Does Oprah remember to properly love her children?

it's coming Veeky Forums. Shitpost cards v2.

I still want the scum game we've come close to having a few times but never got. Just let me loose in Hutt Space or on Nar Shaddaa and let me go buck wild to either work with the Hutts and get rich to live in the lap of luxury, or try my damnedest to bring them down.

"Party fights their counterparts" is hands down one of my favorite tropes.

Why? She's very electable and you could do a whole lot worse

>twi-lek that cut off lekku
So she is retarded right? Because her lekku contains part of her brain you fucking dumbass GM.

Hey, actual TLJ question instead of the usual TLJ-related shitposting:

How did Kylo Ren survive attacking the fighter bay on the Raddus? The Raddus's main fighter bay is located down a launch tube of some sort. Kylo flies down it, we can tell he's well into the tube because we get a 1st person view from his cockpit and can see the exterior shield holding the atmostphere in the bay. He fires into the bay, everything explodes, etc, etc.

How did he turn around and get back *out* of the launch tube?

>sincere apologies in advance for the image quality; I have to use my friend's Plex since my ISP came down really hard on us for torrenting. Yes, I used a VPN; not everyone in my house was smart.

Not him but is that still canon? Now I gotta check the wook.

Isn't it a double-ended hangar, a bit like the Providence-class? At least that's the impression I got from the film and trailers.

The tube kinda looked to go all the way through the ship crosswise, like an internal version of an aircraft carrier or something.

Maybe he flew all the way through.

>misread the raddus as 'The Reddit'

That's what you are asking instead of why the FO didn't finish the resistance off when their ships had zero fighters to protect them? And don't give me that cover fire bs since for some reason the FO only deployed Kylo and two wingmen instead of the hundreds they had.

Hux is a huge douche and doesn't want Kylo to get credit.

Rianna Saren had one of her lekku severed and if memory serves there's a Sith or something that had a prosthetic as well. Twi'lek can survive with at least part of their lekku missing.

Than why did Kylo listen? It's obvious he could have probably soloed the resistance judgimg by how heavily armed his Silencer is.

Eh, I think he'd make for a better smuggler, a roiling blitzkrieg of laser bolts and noise so bitchin' you drop whatever you're doing and jam, only for Lemmy to make off like a bandit.

>That's what you are asking instead of why the FO didn't finish the resistance off when their ships had zero fighters to protect them

Because who gives a fuck? Humans do stupid non-optimal shit all the time. They make mistakes all the time. Yeah, the FO could have finished them, but they didn't. Just another dumb mistake in a cavalcade of dumb mistakes throughout history.

The interesting thing about is that it looks like there isn't any room for human error or stupidity here. Ren is flying down a tube that doesn't give him enough room to turn around, directly at a shield, into a sealed room that's about to explode once his torpedoes detonate. So it's a good question. How does he slow down and turn around? If he doesn't turn or slow down, where does he go? The walls of the tube seem solid in the screencap, and to my memory of the scene.

Characters do dumb shit, hey, people do dumb shit. It happens. It's not understandable when a solid object (a ship) seemingly phases though another solid object (the tube walls) without some sort of in-depth explanation of how and why it can do that.

>It's obvious he could have probably soloed the resistance judging by how heavily armed his Silencer is.
That I don't know. While the the Silencer is packing, the Raddus is a big fucking ship, and there's two more ships which could be plinking away at him. Plus some serious shields. That's a lot of whittlin', especially when you're already on the outs with the boss and the guy technically in charge of you is yelling at you.

He may also have wanted to quit the field after he thought his mom got blown up, that was kind of a big deal at the time.

>how heavily armed his Silencer is.
>heavily armed

4 laser cannons, a concussion missile launcher, and a proton torpedo launcher. That's an Xwing with a slight modification.

"Heavily armed" for a ship the size of an Xwing is a list like: x4 laser cannons, x3 ion cannons, x2 launchers which shoot concussion missiles AND proton torps, a map-pulse weapon, and a tractor beam.

>Because who gives a fuck? Humans do stupid non-optimal shit all the time.

Is this really the excuse we're going with? Cuz
>RO: empire acts like a bunch of bumbling morons because 'hey rl people can be dumb too' but the heroes are all perfect unstoppable professional demigods at literally everything and this is fine
>TLJ: fo acts like a bunch of bumbling morons but it's okay because 'hey people rl act dumb sometimes' but the heroes are blowing up entire capital ships with singular x-wings and blowing up everything like perfect professional elite demigods and this is fine

Even Rogue Squadron/Wraith Squadron had fuck-ups and losses, and they're not far off from MaRey Sue or Holdindunuffin in terms of the author Sue insertion. Newcanon is an absolute joke. Not since TFA have I ever once even thought the characters might be in danger, except the throne room scene in TLJ, where the stupidest thing that could've happened did.

>inb4 shill media sites say "WELL THAT JUST MEANS IT SUBVERTED UR EXPECTATIONS"

>the heroes are all perfect unstoppable professional demigods at literally everything
Is that why they all die?

>half a dozen average people kill a billion stormtroopers and blow up at-ats and kill bioengineered supersoldiers in droves
>it's not overpowered because they die

>Because who gives a fuck? Humans do stupid non-optimal shit all the time. They make mistakes all the time.

No they don't. Not in a war when lives are on the line. It's all about efficiency then.

There's no excuse for not making characters take the optimal action at all times and living with the consequences. To do otherwise is just bad writing.

>Newcanon is an absolute joke

Then stop fucking watching. Christ. Just LEAVE.

Nobody cares about you and we'll be happier when you're gone.

I think you're in the wrong thread man

>average people
wrong
>kill a billion stormtroopers
wrong
>blow up at-ats
literally them NOT actually doing that was the big 'oh shit' trailer moment
and these are weaker at-ats
>kill bioengineered supersoldiers in droves
mostly just with the detonator thing

I'm sick of the endless bitching about nucanon too but this isn't a nucanon only thread bruv
Shit the ACTUAL ON TOPIC CONTENT barely has anything to do with nucanon

General bitching about newcanon isn't good, I agree, but when someone makes a statement about it being good or something in it making sense for *reason*, I think it's fair for opposing opinions to come. This is an Eastern Dagestani Basketweaving board after all. We're not in a vacuum.

Post cool and obscure starships

That's all fine and dandy, and I absolutely welcome that.
But needing every statement of such punctuated with just how much you jack your hateboner over Rian Johnson until the skin peels gets really, REALLY fucking tiresome.
We get it.
It's not great.
Your screels of how Jarbrams raped your childhood just ensure I have no intention of taking you remotely seriously.

Enough canonposting, let's post some character art.

I need Rebel officers for a game I'm prepping.

The laser cannons on the silencer might also be more powerful than a T-70's, perhaps?

I enjoyed the game, am a big fan of the LCG business model, and am definitely sad to see it end, but I can't say I'm surprised since it never really took off like Netrunner or Destiny, and they weren't really making strides to start incorporating the prequels/sequels. Still, I appreciate them for supporting the system a lot longer than it really made any business sense to.

I think I have a few, or at least some that could pass.

>No they don't. Not in a war when lives are on the line. It's all about efficiency then.

t. fat virgin manlet whose closest thing to a battlefield experience was getting to the local burger king during rush hour

I'm just making my own homebrew Star Wars canon/setting now. We have a million different interpretations of Batman, or Orcs vs Elves. It's time SW got that treatment.
Let go of canon, niggas.

Why did I think the thumbnail was Frodo?

Didn't realize Sgt. Johnson was hanging with the Rebs during his spare time.

Well, when the Halo was destroyed, it collapsed into a wormhole that transported him through time and space.

She just looks like she is taking a shit, they should of had her pointing or something.

Yeah, ditto. I'm glad Legends is what it is now because it's more legitimate to take and leave what I want.

Basing my Star Wars TTRPG canon on about 90% of things established in Legends, with some of the more ridiculous stuff (ie, Ewoks Adventures, Palpatine coming back to life half a dozen times) with a few nucanon things. (the X-Wings and TIE Fighters mainly).

I actually kinda had the same thought when I saw the thumbnail in my folder.

what would be a cool name for a squad of elite marines specialized in taking ships whole be?
I want my salad bowl rebels pulling a reverse tantive IV and taking an imperial vessel for the alliance

I think that's all I have that can pass as Rebel officers, but I'll toss these guys in too.

....... I don't know...
From the impression I got in the film it was only one entrance as Poes fighter was at the opposite end of the hanger from the entrance.

>fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/genesys/products/realms-terrinoth/
What are the odds you crib some fantasy meme monster or item to put in your FFG star wars game?

Unless you give him that voice, you're doing it wrong.
>YOU'RE A LOOSE CANNON, TURN IN YOUR BADGE

Sgt Johnson would actually make for a great Officer for a game though.
"Hit it Rebels, c'mon, the Alliance ain't payin' us by the hour! Plant those detpack charges, and move out, the Imps ain't gonna be sittin' for us!"

>you blew up our CR90, caused millions in property damage, and you crashed out speeder
>but you captured a whole ISD and crew
>id fire you if you werent so beautiful, now get outta my office

To steal from Halo, "Helljumpers" or something to that effect. You're heading right into some of the most heavily fortified places the Imperials have, and if you don't make it back, you're gonna make damn sure that Hell's full when you get there too.

>Phasma returns
>B-But you should be dead
>Phasma speaks
>Phasma really is dead & pic related is her replacement
How would everyone respond?

Are there any examples of fuel limitations being an issue in Legends? I remember someone mentioning it being a thing in the X-wing Novels.

>Inb4 TLJ shitposting

I was thinking of giving them very Soviet esque armor reminiscent of steel bibs

and arming them with space SMGs, like a light blaster pistol with auto-fire
and maybe a flechette gun like in OG battlefront
how would that be statted?

In TPM.
>there's not enough fuel to get us to Coruscant. The hyperdrive is leaking.

refueling stations are a thing in a lot of canon
and fuel issues were constant plot point in rebels
X and Ys were fuelled prior to launch in ANH and the falcon had only enough fuel for a single jump in ESB

the importance of fuel is mostly relagated to plot, though

Oh whoops, you said Legends. Nevermind.

Equipment wise, a blast vest might function as your bib. A blaster pistol with auto-fire works fine, there's also the "Blastech SE14-R Light Repeating Blaster" from Dangerous Covenants which seem to be an actual space SMG.
A flechette gun feels like it'd stray a little more into Slugthrower territory; I'm sure you can find blaster shotguns, but there's the "8 Gauge Scattergun" from Fly Casual if you want a shotgun-lookalike. It ain't half bad statistically, either.

Stat-wise, it depends on what you want from them. Are they loud and lethal, or more sneaky like? Do you want them to be Minions, Rivals or Nemeses?

The defender is great. Shame that the other classes only get shit. Actually the imperial agent also gets a cool ship.

I thought the Fury was neat also.

Really, the only one I explicitly disliked was the bounty hunter's rusty lunch box.

Trooper is a little odd, but it really grew on me when I played one.

Smuggler's worst crime is just being kinda boring.

PSA that not every question, comment, or statement about nu-canon needs to be responded to with your autismal screel manifesto about how Kathleen/The Mouse/Filoni/Jarbrams/Rian/Cuck Windig/Whoever wrote the fart thing raped your childhood 9ever

my working stats for a flechette gun were
dmg 8, crit 3, range close, limited ammo 8
gains an extra blue at close and engaged, an extra black die at medium and beyond

I guess they would mostly be rivals, since they are the toughest of the tough
they are sneaky in the sense that everyone is dead before they think to make it to the life boats