When is it ok for a DM to kill his players?

When is it ok for a DM to kill his players?

>Players
Never

Only in self defense

Uhh... murder is illegal, user, so... unless you're acting in self defence or defence of another, never.

Whenever she feels like it.

Whenever the dice roll that way
What is the point of HP mechanics when you're too afraid to kill players to begin with? You might as well cut the bullshit and rename it "fail forward points" instead.

When they don't use coasters.

He's talking about actually murdering your players. Granted I still use your method when I do that.

But seriously though, it depends on the tone of the game. Grimdark games where death is only a bad decision away are a lot different than Noblebright clearing a goblin encampment.
In any case I would say: Death should only come after bad decisions and/or bad rolls. How gritty your game is decides how many of these bad decisions/rolls it takes before the coroner is called.

When the time is right to finally get that FUCKER back for the STAB when he TOOK MY SUPPLY DEPOT IN MUNICH INSTEAD OF SUPPORTING ME AGAINST FRANCE LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD!

When you're very hungry

... Define "very", user.

Pull the trigger user. He sealed his fate.

When they screw up, they are the ones that are killing themselves honestly.

Depends on the theme. High power heroes standing against evil? Only in a defiant last stand to save innocents.

A dark setting? Slowly losing your sanity until you snap and become an enemy for the party to kill.

You were out played my that enemy tactician, you can surrender and join the evil army or fight to the death.

Always. Everyone must die.

>When is it ok for a DM to kill his players?
When something happens that gets a player killed.

^ this

enough to murder another human and eat their flesh

If you kill them, you have to kill them all. Can't risk word getting out when one of them never returns from his bathroom break and you sit back down with a little smile on your face.

Depends a little bit. Like said; if the game is real grimdark, I'd treat it as a me vs the players trying to force them into situations where they may make wrong calls. The other 90% of campaigns, I'm usually pretty lenient unless someone starts making the dumbest possible decisions. There's no mercy to spare for a bard who fails his seduction role against the genocidal BBEG.

It's basically entire a game of rewarding good decisions and punishing stupid ones. I'd want no less if I was a player.

Like them sleeping with your mother and never calling her again. They must die!

>When is it ok for a DM to kill his players?

when they listen to a door.

Only is sel-

Goddammit

Do you mean just one specific player, all players in a campaign/gaming group, or just generally speaking all players?

All players everywhere. TTRPGs were a mistake.

Just make them wish they were dead instead

When the dice say so

This is why you play Diplomacy in a room with a tile floor.

When they vote for Trump.
No tolerance for Nazis.

When they're really, really shitty players and the community would be better off without them.

Depends on the players. Some players get extremely attached to their characters, and can’t handle them getting killed. Some need the risk of losing a character to feel engaged. Some actively want their characters to die and are looking for a good end. All you can really do is try and feel out your players, and try to treat death as best fits your group and your game.

You guys sure about that?

/thread

When the GM and the players are on the same page about the possibility of it happening and the GM is acting in good faith towards the game and the players. Well, assuming we're indeed talking about player characters.

Also the answer to most questions like this without knowing more about a particular scenario.

Oldest rule in the book: If you act like a bitch, you die like a bitch.

Is there also a fantasy version of diplomacy?

Now now user, I said murder wasn't, I never said anything about severed hands.

This.

>"My body is a temple!"
>BRRRRRRT

I'm so glad tripfags were scared off

I think you mean killed off.