/aosg/ - Age of Skidmarks General

Banter Bois Edition

Previous Thread: >>Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

malignportents.com/story/story-three/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is the cheapest vanguard (1k pts) army one can make? So far, I’m thinking a Soulblight army with 2 units of Aelf dragon blades to sub as blood knights for $33 a unit retail, and a Lord on zombie dragon for $54 retail. That’s 960pts.

You'd get completely fucked over in any objective based game

There's nothing wrong with custodes. They are perfect warriors and unmatched philosophers. Better than any army you play.

Soy boys? You mean boy boys or something?

soiboi detected fuck off

>Soi boy! memes
>From loser virgins on the loser site

Jokes on you fags, I ENJOY getting it up the ass!

>people like this are in my hobby
poor people plz go

I can appreciate wanting to save a buck, or liking some models more than others, but the level of penny pinching is insane. At an old store I worked almost all the players there had some recasted or third party model. makes me feel disgust.

I have a number of Tzaangors and Tzeentch Daemons from 40k and was wondering about getting into Disciples of Tzeentch in AoS. How is AoS? How are Disciples of Tzeentch? Are they fun?

I play DoT. Give me a second to write something up though.

Thank you brother

Post boi pussi.

>third party
>poor
Pardon? Unless you're referring to mantic chaff for padding out infantry blocks, you're talking out your ass.

DoT is a pretty solid Army.
Fast, Flexible, and High Damage there's not too much you have to worry about.

You have a few routes to go model wise,
Mortals of Tzeentch (Slaves to Darkness)
Tzeentch Arcanites
Daemons of Tzeentch

Seeing that you have Tzaangors and Daemons I'll focus on that first.

Tzaangors you'll always want to run as follows (per every 10 models)...
Pair of Savage Blade x2
Save Greatblade x4
Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield x4
Just a heads up, but a standard box of Tzaangors only comes with two Greatblades, seeing that you play 40k I recommend buying a standard AoS Tzaangor Box and 40k Thousand Sons Tzaangor Box. Construct the 40k Tzaangors to use the Chainsword/Autopistol and use the remaining great blades on your AoS Tzaangors. (You can also field them as CC Tzaangors in 40k.)
I recommend running them in a block of 30 to make maximum of their "Savagery Unleased". It's also important to have an Arcanite Wizard Nearby in sake of benefiting from their Icon Bearers and Anarchy & Mayhem. I recommend plopping a magister with them or having a nearby Tzaangor Shaman. (Which should be usable in 40k down the road!)
If you're going to use Tzaangors I always find that it just makes sense to go all the way and include a Tzaangor Shaman alongside Skyfires or Enlightened (Skyfires recommended, as they're beast).
A Tzaangor Shaman can be pretty handy, as he'll buff your skyfires and be able to replenish you standard Tzaangors (and possibly Skyfires/Enlightened on disc with fold reality).
An Alterkin Coven is also really nice for replenishing your Tzaangor Ranks with some easy to meet requirements.

And you racists wonder why you’re called gatekeeping neckbeards

(Something I also forgot to mention is that you'll only want to run the Paired Savage Blades on your mutants.)

As for Daemons you have some good options, Pink Horrors are a solid Battleline, them being a spell caster is great, and there's a lot of ways to boost their casting rolls. You can never go wrong with running Pinkies. As for Blue and Brimstones they're not necessary, but they can shine as tarpits and fuel for the Command Trait Arcane Sacrifice.

I don't have too much to say beyond that. As playstyle will boil down to a matter of personal perspective (unless you're a WaaC tourneyfag) and the models you should field are the models you like the most (be it stats, rules, or the model itself).

how does hating poor people make me racist?

Are you implying minorities have to be poor?

Fucking racist shitlord.

You forgot to mention the paint requirements or they'll refuse to play as you don't respect them as an opponent, while they just paid some bloke to paint their army to look decent and show them around like it's all them.

>Talk to the manager of my local GW about Tomb Kings, saying how cool I think they are in TW: Warhammer and that I missed out on them because I got into the hobby recently
>He says that it was the players fault that Tomb Kings were squated because not enough models were bought.

Is he right? On the one hand I can see why GW wanted to start AoS on the right foot and get new models on the table but getting RID of 40+ models because they were selling poorly seems counter productive. Couldn't they have just sold them online like half of the other shit they sell? I don't understand why you you actually just say "NO, you didn't buy enough so now NOBODY gets to use them anymore".

Thank you, I really appreciate this Tzeentch brother. I think I'l focus on Arcanites since they seem really fun and I love their models, plus with Enlightened and Shamans being usable in 40k now I can still play both games.

Because GW makes business decisions by throwing a dart.

Hey guys just heard this from a reliable source , keep in mind I don’t really know the rules of the game that well. I was told that each grand alliance is getting a sort of Mercenery unit. Order is getting Freeguild astral engineers, that buff terrain pieces. Destruction is getting a dual kit squigs and spore spittas . Spore spittas being squigs that spawn more squigs. Chaos is getting Darkoath marauders who get special rules for different gods. Finally death is getting the soul shrouds , wraiths that apparently do some interesting things on the tabletop , especially to stormcast. Take it or leave it

No problemo my man.

>talk to manager of my local GW about Vampire Cunts
>he told me they got squatted
>we got naked and laughed together

Is he right?

How are Ironjawz? How would I start building a new army?

Weak bait user

Ranking of disgust (bad to badder, downwards):
>needlessly slow players
>arriving late
>poor people
>unpainted army
>stormcast

>playing a npc army

>playing AoS

>playing Fantasy

>playing Warhammer

Not contributing to thread like post below.

inb4 soycuckshitcast

found the soycast player

xth for 5 ways to play soup + soulblight

2 weirdnob warbands and a Megaboss is a semi-decent start, but you'll want more Brutes.

Its a 1 dimensional army though, you just run forward and kill stuff, but they're really good at it.

How are Legion of Azgorh? I've got a shit ton of them that I never got around to building for WHFB so I figure I'd use them for AoS.

Good. Load up on as many Warmachines as you can handle. FW has their rules for free.

So who else is working on their dorfs? Would it be terribly cliche if I did mine up like Dark Irons? I like the grey skin a lot for some reason.

>Since the start of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, each Grand Alliance has evolved to feature more factions, allegiance abilities and options for collecting; from the mixed Order armies of the Great Cities to the god-marked cavalcades of Chaos. Battletome: Legions of Nagash is designed to make sure that Death players have just as many options as their counterparts.

you guys think we still get the battleline-ifs in the legion armies?

>Soup eaters

TL Note: We don't give a fuck about Death, so here is your Vampire Cunts 2.0 Battletome

Weird question, but I don't know a better place to ask. Does anyone know where I'd be able to get the codexes, or rather rulebooks for the final edition of WFB? I have a bunch of Forsaken, and I want to see if they were any better in WFB than they are in AOS.

Um. Maybe the WHFB general?

I was thinking about picking up the battle force box for arcanites, is there a decent list to make with that and the silver tower box?

I really want a Ogroid dude or what ever they're called, are they any good?

>tfw Death has only one soup army now
>Destruction got nerfed hard, because NPCs aren't allowed to win
>more Order shit in the future

Man, AoS is completely fucked.

People have been saying "its fucked" since day one, and yet here we are. But sure buddy, THIS is the end of AoS, surely!

aikold hellbrass, champion of chaos, cursed by tzeench, the man that makes soi grow out of wooden doors without even touching them.

m8 it is fucked since day one, but so is almost every game GW ever made. Let take GW best games mordheim and necromunda. best and most fun games GW ever made. Fucked the very moment they added elfs warbands and spyre to each game.

w40k is so fucked it is even hard to describe. AoS unless you go house rules, CAAC, we own all models and pre build both armies before a game, are dominated by shoting and horde, with a sprinkle of alfa strikes. The number of tournament post game reviews that start or end with" so I got/my opponent got turn 2 and 3 back to back" are countless.
Heck remember that that WFB you say was bad? people played a whole edition of it, with demons having the design paradigma of "demons have to be OP" told to everyone by Ward. And there was still a next edition after that.

No one is saying that , well no one sane, that AoS will belly flop tomorrow. But your not going to tell me that the death update is a good one, specially when one considers it is suppose to be a corner stone of an event.

>getting rid of 40+ models because they were selling poorly seems counter productive

Well, because you don't know better. Here's the thing. Even though a ton of old world stuff is online only now, they STILL keep stocks of them. And keeping said stocks costs a bit more of an euro per box per day. Now you may think this is not much but imagine keeping 400 boxes (and you'd honestly need to keep more than 10 of each) a month alone costs you 12k euros. Almost 150k euros of cost in a year, and trust me, those boxes wouldn't be entirely sold by the end of the year, so that right there is a range that COSTS, IN NET TERMS, YOU MONEY to keep around.

Which one is counter productive?

>get rid of this, we are bleeding cash.
>let's keep bleeding cash.

So when will GW bring back Warmaster Ancients?

Warhammer is cool and all, but I want to see what kind of neato Historical stuff GW can do with their newer tech

Hey bro, I am from the WHFB thread come to see the kind of replies you got here and oh boy is this thread toxic.

Any cool paint schemes for Crypt Ghouls?

Yeah, honestly this week shit has gone crazy. Threads are going waaay faster (fuck we are almost keeping up with 40k) than they did in recent memory and most is shitposting.

Let's get this thread back on track boys.

Its because of the hype for the new releases, a healthy thing. Other portents of a healthy game: shitloads of tournaments, shitloads of new players, and WHFB dwindled to the extent that it no longer has tournaments at major conventions.

As a WHFB player could I possibly have a civil conversation with someone here as to the merits of AOS?

Sure.

have a look through the megas. 40kg has a bunch. there might be what you're looking for in one of them.

god i hate the captcha

>what kind of neato Historical stuff GW can do with their newer tech
The same Romans, Vikings and other shit that every other historical already makes.

I have a question. Does Settra serve?

Who?

Settra, son of bitch.

Looked the name up on GW shop, can't see it.

So I am willing to concede that circle bases give an individual model more momentum and often make it look better. One thing I think WHFB beats AOS on is a unit's overall look. If well designed (which an appropriate amount of unit fillers) a unit in WHFB can become a piece of art in and of it self rather than a collection of models.

Secondly from my two parleys into Age of Sigmar (six months after launch and another six after the release of the general's handbook) I found the game was bland at times. When a unit always hits and wounds on a certain amount rolling dice became a bore and tedious. Especially true of the damage v attacks dilemma (with damage overflowing further adding to the needlessness of the whole en devour).

Somewhat related to my last point is that AOS seemed tactically crippled. With equipment selection neutered and many units essentially performing the same job in different ways army building became more of, 'well I guess this is better for points' rather than 'what fits my army and personal playing style'.

In game there seems to be little strategy involved (other than picking what unit to fight with first). It too often came down to dice rolls more often than I ever found in WHFB and units felt like they weren't doing much (looking at you wizards) and what they were doing was no better her nor there.

I think that it would be pointless to discuss fluff as I can find no redeeming features in the AOS world. That being said I haven't made much attempt to do so.

also a wfb player who rarely frequents here but I think the smaller armies and single model movement appeal to people more.

can anyone who actually plays this comment?

I thought the whole point of AOS was to improve upon WHFB and add strategy and tactics to it, rather than mashing 2 armies into each other and seeing what wins.

AOS has objectives and things to hold and capture etc, not just fighting.

thats what appealed to me about AOS, that and not painting 200 models. (140 instead)

>mashing 2 armies into each other and seeing what wins
>AOS has objectives and things to hold and capture etc, not just fighting
Both have their fair share of both but neither are solely so. I was making a comment on game mechanics not objectives.
>not painting 2000 models
I gladly have painted nearly a thousand greenskins because I want to see a real army in front of me rather than a small splinter force.

WHFB had objectives

>I found redeeming features to the world but haven't tried.

So you basically admit you're kind of talking out of your ass there? Granted first half of rgw was pretty meh, but do try CoS and spear of shadows.

Here's the thing, WHFB "had" objectives but were 95% of the time ditched for full-blown pitched battles. GHB AoS has objectives AND forces you to play to them by switching the victory condition to whomever has more points, regardless of tabling or not.

Right, first: you are not the first to make these arguments

Second: WHFB was tactically crippled since the tail end of 6e, where unit sizes needed to double to about 40 to be effective, combined with the typical OP armies slowly finding ways to ignore large portions of the game. ( Chaos, Elves, VC )

Thirdly: Have you tried actually playing with Terrain? because that makes the game ten times more "Tactical" than WHFB ever was.

t. 20 year Chaos Veteran.

To summarize my view on the 2 games, I assessed both when starting the hobby mid last year, and here were my pros/cons list:
> AOS easier to start. Simpler rules, less models to paint (although ti turns out to still be over 100 models, hardly the 'skirmish game' i was told it would be)
> AOS had lots of local players happy to play against me, whereas I got no response from local WHFB players on the local independent gaming center message board. (I started off with square bases as I wanted to try both games, and the boxes had squares)
> AOS seemed more tactical, with objectives to hold etc. I like cowardly armies that hide and run away etc, whereas it seemed WHFB is all about pitched battles in fields.
> AOS has new models and books etc that are fun to read about and follow the new hype (I do love a good hype train)
> WHFB had much better lore and setting, and still does imho, although AOS seems to be having a re-launch and trying much harder to listen to feedback and make the new world interesting. I'd still rather fight in the old world though.
> Stormcast. Jesus christ I hate them so much and think AOS would be better without them, and this is a big tick in the WHFB box

So overall AOS won me over, as an agnostic new customer.

New short story
malignportents.com/story/story-three/
Bets are open

DEATHCAST ETERNALS

As I said I won't comment on AOS lore. In regards to tactics most arguments here claim that objectives make the game more tactical and granted, this is true... but you can still uae objectives in WHFB.
What really bothers me about AOS is twofold:
>The lack of variation and customization. In WHFB I love having an arsenal of equipment, spells and abilities that completely change my heroes and lords but don't see this in AOS. To the same extent I like having more variation in unit upgrades and loadout options.
>Secondly with standardized hit/wound rolls and streamlined rules target priority, charge bonuses and morale seems lame and bland.

This new GUO needs some gaviscon

Boring story desu

tldr: something is brewing in the realm of death, lets gather an army and go there.

WE GET IT

Objectives actively made WHFB more clunky and hard to use

Also, Hit and wound change more in AoS than they do in WHFB, you're just too stupid to understand the illusion WS gave you.

>In WHFB I love having an arsenal of equipment, spells and abilities that completely change my heroes and lords
artifacts, allegiance abilities, and battalion choices drastically change an army in AOS, but granted you do need specific models for those battalions and cannot really swap between them.

Depends on the faction too, e.g. goblins you have zero choices and play what gw gives you

wtf I love tzaangor now

Do not respond to shitposters

Report, hide, ignore

The Phill Kelly interview the other day and the MP stuff has actully got me seriously hyped to try out AoS.

I have a huge "death" army from the VC days and I'd take the world building over some new kit any day of the week.

>posts image of slut eating too much soup
fucking soupfags

>Spells and abilities.

Eh... at this point AoS has a fair share of that too. About 20 armies have their own list of command abilities and relics (not counting the battletomes which have multiple tables of relics and gear). There's also about half a dozen tables of magic (for sylvaneth, bonesplitterz and two for the two daemon codexii) plus three "prayer" charts for Khorne, Stormcast and BCR.

Plus there's battallions, those can greatly change the outlook of a unit.

yeah, but doesn't this mean it just promotes armies that can either swarm the objectives turn 1 and never lose or alfa strike the opposing army off the table, or at least its important parts, in a single turn or two turns back to back. I have seen and played AoS games that were done turn 1 after a good alfa strike or character sniping, where I just knew that either me or my opponent won't be able to lose no matter what.

Am not saying this did not happen with WFB, from the stories I heard, some armies in its last editions were losing not jus ton turn 1, but at moment you made the list. I do see it as a big problem.

I was also shocked how efficient shoting is in the game. I started with eternals, yeah I know I don't like them too, they models were cheapest to get for me though. And the first time I played against the pre nerf kunnin rokk made me wonder about the testing done when writing the games rules. After that I started to play around with more shoting based eternal list myself, also thx GW for nerfing it 3 weeks after I got the last model for it painted, and had actually a lot fun with. The problem was it wasn't very fun for people playing against me, because unless they had a collection that allowed them to make a counter build, they would just lose, specially if I got two turns back to back.

Now I did play WFB, from what I have been told, and seen from its rules, it just grew so big no new player could afford to play it and the end game lists weren't much fun to play.

AoS seems to be okeish, if you have a ton of house rules and both people do not know what to do and neither have problems with the game ending up with mosh pits on the objectives. Because the first guy who builds a proper lists changes the dynamics of a play group drasticlly. This is also why I think it is good to have 2-3 vets playing in noob events. Because the sooner you see and play against real lists, the sooner you find out, if AoS is something for you

The "death soup" meme doesn't make any sense.
Soup is a term used for bringing a mix of units based on their individual power efficiencies, not any particular synergies.

The new battletome has allegiance bonuses for playing thematic armies led by each of the Mortarchs. That's the exact opposite of soup.

And how would you improve AOS, and WHFB?

user, you have shown a complete lack of tactical decision making and understanding of the complexity of shooting and target priority.
I haven't played recently so maybe it has changed but when I did, even with those in place, the mechanics still didn't change enough to get over how samey and waterer down everything feels.
Also I play destruction (mainly gobbos) so I did fuck myself before I started.

Oh, Do show me how I show a complete lack of tactical decision making and not understand shooting.

Because both of those are the same in AoS and WHFB.

It really looks like a SC.

On the other hand, it makes it quite easy to spot shitpost.

well am not a game designer, so I do not know how to do it. But from a strickt player perspective. I know what WFB should have had. An easier entry point, less power difference between factions, maybe faster updates, Generally stuff that makes it good for veterans to play and makes it easier for new people to start. No one wants to hear that to play they need to buy 4 starter boxs a book and by the way that faction sucks, now gimme those 900$.

As AoS goes. hmm that is harder. I know that the random turn sequance is balancing thing, but it is random and it does buff armies that either swarm objectives or have a veryful alfa strike and/or shoting. No idea how to fix it. Specially if the focus is not on a more skirmish style 30-40 models type of game, but a 90+ one. One units of shoting dudes or even two are not a problem. But two turns back to back when your shoting with 60 or 80 dudes with buffs, and then get to do it again, its not fun for the dude that is losing. And that is something, because I generally do not care about the losing guy, and my army has a lot shoting.

I have seen someone give the idea of simultanous turns. where both players move, shot, melee,cast and the models get removed at the end of a phase. No idea if it would work, but seems to be at least worthy trying.

Also this maybe a eternals bias, but the vortex+unkillable caster kind of stuff, is just stupid.

Having trouble with my 1000pt Sylvaneth list. Basically, I can't decide between Drycha and a TMA. Regardless, I'll end up 70/50pts under with no way to fill. Both will have Regrowth.
Allegiance: Sylvaneth

Leaders
TMA/Drycha (300/280)

Branchwych (80)
- Deepwood Spell: The Dwellers Below

Battleline
30 x Dryads (270)
5 x Spite-Revenants (80)
- Sylvaneth Battleline

Units
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (220)
- Greatbows

Total: 930(950)/ 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds:

Well, you could always scrap the Drycha/TMA altogether and simply add more Kurnoth Hunters and a second Branchwych. Also consider scrapping the Revenants for more Dryads. Also consider Tree Revenants to get rid of backfield war machines.

>he hasnt built a list that can withstand an alpha strike

Git gud

Is it possible to start a decent army by getting 3 Start Collecting Beastclaw Raiders boxes?

Nigga that would be like 2100 points.

Is that too much? I don't know much about Aos honestly, I just like ogres.