Weeb TCG General #9

A thread for CCGs other than Magic the Gathering.

Yu-Gi-Oh!
>Veeky Forums has its own YGO general thread (/dng/), with plenty of room in the OP for all of the available YGO resources

Cardfight!! Vanguard
>Official CFV card database. Works pretty well, only has cards released in English.
cf-vanguard.com/en/cardlist/cardsearch
>CFV major tournament decklists:
International: cf-vanguard.com/en/cardlist/deckrecipe/
Japanese: cf-vanguard.com/deckrecipe/
>CFV news source:
cardfightcoalition.com/
>Free, fanmade online simulator:
cardfight.ru/cf-area

Force of Will
>Official Site
fowtcg.com/
>Card Database
db.fowtcg.us/

Future Card Buddyfight
>Official BF card database. Works pretty well, only has cards released in English.
fc-buddyfight.com/en/cardlist/list/
>BF major tournament decklists:
International: fc-buddyfight.com/en/cardlist/deckrecipe/
Japanese: fc-buddyfight.com/cardlist/deckrecipe/
>BF news source:
buddyspoiler.com/
>Free, fanmade online simulator:
cardfight.ru/buddyfighten

Dragon Ball Super
>Official website (Card List/Search, Rules, FAQ, Errata, Tournament Rules, Card Rulings, etc.):
dbs-cardgame.com
>Free tutorial/demo app
dbs-cardgame.com/application/
>Play online through OCTGN and Tabletop Simulator
reddit.com/r/DBS_CardGame/wiki/index#wiki_online

Wixoss
>Free, fanmade browser-based online simulator:
webxoss.com/

Weiss Schwarz
>Full card database and translations:
heartofthecards.com/code/cardlist.html?pagetype=ws

Thread question: Do you prefer promo cards to be completely original cards or existing cards with alternate artwork?

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

forceorigins.wordpress.com/competitive-deck-lists-l0-r2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I prefer promo cards to be alternate artwork since that way you don't have to worry about tracking down a playset of promo cards for your deck to be able to operate well like with pure Ginyu Force

Would you?

>Thread question: Do you prefer promo cards to be completely original cards or existing cards with alternate artwork?
Back when I played Yugioh in high school I probably would have said original cards, because I liked playing with my Shonen Jump promos. Now that I'm older and wiser I'd definitely say alternate art, mostly because it can look rad as hell, but also because there should just be zero chance of a rare promo card becoming a format-warping cancer.

Promos should be alt art. It means that people don't get chumped out of possibly really good cards and gives another option for people who want to completely pimp out their decks.

Either alt art or early printings of otherwise confirmed cards.

>Thread question: Do you prefer promo cards to be completely original cards or existing cards with alternate artwork?
They can be original if they're garbage or illegal.

Alt art cards.

Alt art. I give DBZ a very slight pass on having original promos because they're printed to hell and back.

>quit yugioh when theychanged the fusion deck to the extra deck and limited it to 15
I didn't know guys.
They should specifically allow E-Hero fusions to exceed the extra-deck. Does that break the game?

If you did that, E-Heroes would be allowed to cram all the good Link/Xyz toolbox shit AND still run their staples. Does it break the game? Maybe, since you only really run Dark Law, Anki, Acid and maybe Dian. They only have 1 link in Wonder Driver but all he does is provide Change/Poly searching and some form of minor recovery. You're better off running other Link monsters over Wonder Driver anyway.

What do you think would happen if Extra Decks were limited to 10 cards?

There would be much whining.

The extra deck should be limited to one card which can only be used once a match.

Quasar and some other petdecks die, but that's about it since you're usually gonna use like 5-8 ED monsters per duel anyway.

Why we don't have force of will online client with update it cards?

Competitive Deck Lists for FoW NF: forceorigins.wordpress.com/competitive-deck-lists-l0-r2/

Bastard!! Ani-Mayhem

Well the rest of the Deck Box Expansion cards have been revealed and HOLY FUCK are their some crazy cards being printed. Starting with the first expansion set.
For starters, there is now a 3 cost blue Goku with 15000 power and 0+5000 combo that when you play him, searches the top 7 cards of your deck for a 3 cost or less blue Vegeta and plays it in rest mode.
The 3 cost blue Vegeta is somewhat mediocre with 20000 power, 0+5000 combo, and if all your energy is blue, reduces his energy cost by 1 in your hand and battle area. Meaning it goes from being "literally just the vanilla Vegeta" when it costs 3 to "literally just replaces the vanilla Vegeta in monoblue or Vegito but dies to Family Kamehameha" when it costs 2.
Then we have a 3 cost blue Trunks with 15000 power and 0+5000 combo that has Critical and when you play him, searches the top 7 for an 8 cost or less blue Vegito and adds it to your hand.
Such as the new 8 cost blue Vegito that has 30000 power, 1+10000 combo, Union Potara for 5, Dual Attack, Critical, and if you attack twice in the same turn with him, he gains Double Strike for that turn.
Moving on to the green cards, we also have the 3 cost green Goten and Trunks cards both with 15000 power, 0+5000 combo, and that during your main phase can return to your hand from the battle area. Whenever the Goten attacks you search the top 7 for a Trunks:Youth with 15000 or less power and add it to your hand. Whenever the Trunks attacks you can reveal a Goten from your hand to KO an opponents battle card that costs 3 or less, turning any Goten into a potentially repeatable Family of Justice Goten.
Of course both of these cards exist solely to help the 6 cost green Gotenks with 25000 power, 0+5000 combo, Union Fusion for 4, and Double Strike. When you play it, if you have a Goten in your Drop Area you can draw 2 cards, and if you have a Trunks:Youth in your Drop Area you can KO an opponents battle card.

Now for the Black cards from the second expansion set. Unlike the first set, most of these cards aren't that good (unless Towa snags an Ultimate Gohan) but since Over Realm lets them be played for basically free they still can be dangerous for the one turn they're around.
Time Patrol Trunks is a 3 cost black Trunks:Xeno with 15000 power, 0+5000 combo, and Over Realm 3. When played with Over Realm, you look at the top 2 cards of your deck, add up to 1 to your hand, and put the rest on the top or bottom of your deck.
There is also the Masked Bardock who is a 5 cost Masked Saiyan with 20000 power, 1+10000 combo, Double Strike, and Over Realm 5 which costs 1. When played using Over Realm, you may choose any number of opponents battle cards that don't have Blocker, whose total cost adds up to be 5 or less, and send them to the Warp.
The Supreme Kai of Time is a 2 cost, 10000 power, 0+5000 combo, that when played allows you to choose a 5 cost or less black battle card and send it to the Warp. At the beginning of your next turn, if Time Kai is still on your field, you add the card you chose to your hand.
There is a 4 cost Towa with 10000 power, 0+5000 combo, and Over Realm 4. When played with Over Realm, you may choose one of your opponents battle cards that costs 2 or less and gain control of it permanently.
Then we have a 4 cost Mira with 20000 power, 0+5000 combo, Over Realm 4, and when played with Over Realm, gains Critical for the turn.
Majin Twin Shun Shun is a 2 cost with 5000 power, 0+5000 combo, Blocker, and if your leader is green or yellow then when played allows you to mill the top 2 cards of your deck.
Majin Twin Haru Haru is a 2 cost with 10000 power, 0+5000 combo, which lets you mill 2 when played if your leader is red or blue, and whenever it attacks gains 5000 power for the turn.
For whatever reason, the Majin Twins DO NOT have the Majin trait and instead have the Demon Realm Race trait. They also exist solely to help Over Realm activate.

New version of Excalibur to reflect the fact that cards with "Shield" in the name aren't the main counter anymore

Holy Demon Sword of the King, Excalibur Replica
Legend World / Item
Attributes: Hero, Weapon
Power: 10000 / Critical: 2
■ [Call Cost] [If there are ten or more «Hero» in your drop zone, discard a "Sword of the King" from your hand]
■ While this card is attacking alone, if there are four or more «Hero» on your field, your opponent cannot use [Counter].
[Penetrate] [Double Attack]

What kind of decks thrive on low ener, or at least are barely impaired by it?

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that Time Patrol Trunks is definitely the most ridiculous card of that set and is actually a good card.

Oh, that's a cool Final Battle. Lapis looking extra crazy.

I have a pretty similar pattern for promos. When I was kid playing M:tG, getting my hands on Windseeker Centaur or Nalathni Dragon was SO FUCKING COOL. As an adult trying to hunt down a Mana Crypt for EDH? No thank you.