/tgesg/ - Elder Scrolls General

Buoyant Armigers Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[TES 5E Conversion] uestrpg.wixsite.com/home

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus, except for Fyr's.
Previous Kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

artstation.com/artwork/P2bZ
swietopelk.deviantart.com/
imperial-library.info/content/water-getting-girl-and-inverse-tiger
imperial-library.info/content/hearth-there-comes-stranger
reddit.com/user/laurelanthalasa/submitted/?count=25&after=t3_5nktoe
polygonevangelist.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're watching me, scum???

I was thinking about some of the less developed Daedra, and how they could be given a bit more content, now what follows is mostly headcanon and shit I completely made up with very little basis in the lore, but hear me out. Namira - now all we know about her is that she is a patron of all things disgusting: cannibalism, leprosy, breaking all sorts of taboos and such, her followers in Skyrim go out of their way to gross everyone out. But thats a bit too simplistic isn't it? What if Namira is about degradation and debasement? So it's not about breaking taboos to make people think you are gross or repulsive - but because breaking these taboos makes you degenerate in the most literal way? Her followers are like maggots wallowing in filth and death and what if her goal is their degradation into maggots and worms? Her realm is called Scuttling Void - scuttling like a centipedes and insects right? So I think Namira is a prime candidate for being the "eldritch abomination" kinda daedric prince - who is beyond the comprehension of her followers and enemies alike, in case of her followers possibly because anyone close enough to her has degraded to being barely a man/mer. Her monsters though should be more like bugs and maggots then octopi and tentacles

I apologise for a wall of autism and headcanon, but I was bored and am trying to make up a story focused around Namira and forsworn, so I was wondering what your thoughts are about the prince and my headcanon

that image looks really good, where is it from?

I very much like what you thought up for Namira. Namira is fanatically opposed to the existence of the Mundus itself, and all things and beings within it. As such, she is devoted to it's corruption, to twisting it's nature into something opposite of it's original purpose. She does not wish to destroy Mundus; she wishes to make it the opposite of it's original design.
Hermaeus Mora is already the 'Eldritch Abomination' Daedra. He's pretty much just Cthulu. And he's already taken the octopi and tentacles aesthetic, so I think the bug/maggot/centipede idea is great. Perhaps her devotees eventually fall so far they become disgusting, twisted half-bug half-man monsters, prowling the night for innocent victims to violate and corrupt?

Artist that made the 3D model is Tiziano Bucci.
artstation.com/artwork/P2bZ
Artist that did the original concept art it was based off of is Oskar Jakubisiak/Swietopelk/Dragomir.
swietopelk.deviantart.com/
They both were made for Skywind. I think the glass armor is finished fully now, actually.

>chim.jpg

>it's corruption, to twisting it's nature into something opposite of it's original purpose. She does not wish to destroy Mundus; she wishes to make it the opposite of it's original design.
this is along the lines of what I had in mind. Even in the Beggar Prince, when she finally agrees to help him, she does it only after he loses his voice from all the begging, and her "gifts" are all things that make it easier for him to demean/degenerate himself - she makes it so that he must have at least one disease at any time but can affect the way diseases work on him, she makes him pitiable and gross. So, I like to imagine her as fully devoted to degenerating everything around her, I like to imagine that its this love for degeneracy that makes Markath her city - its filled with corruption and evil, and her followers also fill it with filth.

Which is why the story I am making up revolves around Namira and a group of Forsworn, since the forsworn are already a devolved group of the reachemen, so when a further degenerate group of forsworn reach out to her for help she notices them and decides to use them for amusement.

thats it
chim is just having access to the console and creation kit/construction set

Tell me more about this story.
The Reachmen, I imagine, have a very diverse and varied view of the various Daedra. Many tribes would have a similar attitude to the Dunmer, that is, that some Daedra are bad, some are good, some are neither. Some tribes may be truly, truly degenerate, corrupted monsters to the core. Such tribes are likely in the minority, and outcasts in the eyes of the majority. Those would be those that would worship and serve Namira. Among most Reachmen, relatively benign Daedra such as Azura, Hircine, Malacath and others are the most popular. This majority have a culture not quite so entirely different from the Nords; they have strongly held concepts of honor, tradition, duty and piety. They have strong hierarchical systems, but ones sufficiently decentralized and free. The minority worshipers of the Bad Daedra, on the other hand, are governed by tyrant witch-queens and warlords in service to a Daedric Prince.

Everyone talks about tribal Reachmen but what of the urban Reachmen of Markarth Side, Snowhawk, Karthwasten, Jehanna and Evermore?

I was under the impression they were just tribals who were either forced to live in cities, or chose to for economic reasons.

It wasn't just Direnni that inhabited those cities and they didn't fall to ruin after they left, either.

Imagine how much wealth there must be in the dreugh underwater megacity if this random alcoholic mudcrab on a random island was so wealthy. Is the Empire even trying?

Now if this was on nature of Namira, the next bit is on her realm. Since I am assuming her degradation/debasement motives are somewhat hidden, her world shouldn't make them immediately apparent as well, so its not a ball of writhing maggots or anything like that. Its called Void, so at least one part - lets call it Outskirts is cosmic-looking, so think dark granite, marble, stone structures and monoliths, braziers that seem to emit not light but darkness, but this darkness is solid, its what provides the very floor you would walk upon - the braziers also very slowly move relative to one another, as if the whole world is on the back of a giant moving centipede or a worm, you know how they wiggle when moving? - now mind you I am not saying that it is a literal giant centipede, I am only saying that the world is scuttling. This region would be barely inhabited, you might see eyes watching you from the distance, or hear distant quiet prittle-prattle of steps, but generally you wont find much trouble here. The sentient inhabitants are those whose degeneracy was of a more lazy kind, they weren't actively degenerate - so for example a beggar who never attempted or achieved anything, only wallowed in pity and filth might be stuck here, still begging in death as he did in life, but he isn't interested in gold anymore, but might offer advice, a joke, or just laugh at you for something more gross, like a bite of your flesh, or any flesh really, as long as it is that of a mer/man, though I suppose a daedric heart could be seen as a particular delicacy.

Another part of the realm of Namira could be vaguely shaped like a decaying corpse of a human, it would not be all fleshy mind you, if you levitated high enough and looked down it would mostly be cold and dark granite, but the spikes on the edges resemble the ribcage, and many of the other elements are also there.

cntd

So would enter this area through long tunnels meant to basically represent intestines, and again at first its just darkness and rock, but as you move further through the tunnel the more disgusting and the more alive it becomes, somewhere half-way through the walls are so alive they might bleed if you stabbed them, this place is filled with monsters that resemble maggots and various small carrion eaters, its a place of disease and all kind of infections, it where you might run into a man/mer who is inflicted with some advanced leprosy, or is just gangrenous and decaying - mindless monster whose purpose is more to repulse and disgust you then to put up much of resistance it fact this whole region is designed to force debasement and disgust on anyone moving through it, no healing magic works here, but if you can stomach to eat them countless dead bodies lie around infused with all kinds of wicked magic. After you leave "the guts" you enter a wide and open plaza, there is a giant hole in the middle, if you look down that hall you see a floating island with a large structure down bellow - a structure that represents the heart, out of it flows viscous liquid, but its not really blood, the slaves of Molag Bal are not welcome here and if they were to attempt drinking it they would be left feeling even stronger hunger - though of course any vampire would immediately sense the fact that its not blood and find the liquid particularly disgusting. However anyone willing to bathe in that void would find that their wounds are all gone, its not just their wounds though, they lose a tiny bit of themselves in it, coming out corrupted and degraded, but its hard to notice at first as its meant to be insidious.

cnt

Buddy, read words of Clan Mother Ahnissi, what you said is not really headcanon. I mean there is a reason she is called the Lady Decay.
Think of Namira as the malignant hungry unknown that draws things back to Nothing. The terrible disgusting process that leads all things to there end, and the unbelievable fear of what you will find there. She is the reason the world, in the eyes of the Elves, is a failure, the inevitability of death.
Think of the fear you feel while alone in the dark. That fear we all feel, the fear of what could be in there, how the dark has swallowed all things around you, fear of what you do not and cannot know and how it could be your end.
Your mind plays tricks on you, is there something there, is there something hiding out there in the dark waiting to strike. That fear you feel is the shape of Namira, that scuttling hungry void that reminds you where all things go, and always threatening to devour you.

The plaza is filled with more hard chitin kinda insects, so no fleshy maggots, we are thinking centipedes, and whatever those bugs the falmer love so much. These are less disgusting then the maggots from the guts, but are far more dangerous, since they are actually meant to maim/kill and not just disgust whomever they run into. The sentient inhabitants of the plaza are cannibalistic and constantly fighting one another only to be on a whim restored by Namira, they can barely be called sentient though as they have given into the move savage degradation, many use no weapons at all, either as a choice or simply because they are too animalistic, and prefer to rip at their target with bare hands.

Now this isn't meant to be some 1-to-1 replica of a corpse, so no kidneys, no liver, no genitals, I thought about having a strange geyser filled area around where you would expect the lungs, the geysers would expel toxic fumes which mutate anyone who breathes them for too long, but I am not certain. The Skull whoever must be there and would have a particularly strong monster in it, just like in the heart, the heart would have some vaguely dragon like monster, but no wings and no thuum, since the creature is also degenerated and is more of a mockery of a dragon, then a real dov. The other inhabitants of the heart are those who pursue repulsive sensual stimulii, so "artists" who make gross painting/sculptures, or a "chef" who devotes his efforts to making the tastiest steak out of his fellow man to offer to the worm of the heart. And again, the heart is a good distance away from the rest of the "body" and even reaching this area is a challenge to anyone who is not a masterful mage.

wrong thread desu

Aside from Skyrim, which regions did the dragons inhabit during the Merethic era? I'm going to start DMing a UESRPG campaign with 4-5 players in about a month and a half, but I still don't know which direction I want to go (except playing during the third era, around Morrowind).

I've tried asking my players for input, but they haven't given me much to work with: we've settled on an exploration heavy campaign, one player wants to play an Alter Mysticist that studies souls and Aetherius, and one wants to play a Thu'um adept that's traveling Tamriel to find traces of draconic civilization outside of Skyrim, and then nothing.

Any ideas? I'm kind of drawing a blank: the only thing that came to my mind was them running into a Daedric cult because the players that know something about the lore like that part of the setting, but I'm completely stumped on ideas.

Well, we know they were in Atmora as they headed the Nord Totemic Religion there. It's thought they moved there from Akavir, hinted at being chased off.

Solstheim too

Dragons likely had some, albeit incredibly limited presence, all across Tamriel.
We know that there was at least one in Hammerfell who devastated the Dwarves of Fang Lair. And Nafaalilargus who ended up taking residence on Stros M'kai and likely prior to that, with King Casimir of Wayrest. If the legend of Lysirius is to be taken as truth then High Rock indeed have dragons. There is also Skakmat to consider, but he is also described as a familiar.
Morrowind was said to once have had Dragons in the long distant past but they were either drawn out by the cliffracers or "sky-lamps."
Cyrodiil was apparently saturated with Dragons (pic) many of whom were used in the employ of Tiber Septim, known as Dragoons.

>Buoyant Armigers Edition
I've been waiting for this edition for years!
Tell me about these low-density Vivecians, Veeky Forums.

>Tell me about these low-density Vivecians, Veeky Forums.
discount Indoril Ordinators

They're all high-level, light-armor wearing spellsword bards who are gay for Vivec and perform duties for him.

Nice, thanks! I knew that they came from Atmora and Akavir, and that there were some in Hammerfell, but I didn't know about those from Morrowind and Cyrodill. I think I can definitely use the latter, too: if there were so many dragons in Cyrodill, at least in the past, I can make them find some ancient records in there about dragons and take things from there. One of the other players mentioned that Ayled looked interesting to them, so that's a plus.

Finally did the Clockwork City quests in ESO. I was glad they made Fyr pretty likeable and not too much of an ass, though I like Sotha Sil less now.

*In some newly excavated Ayled ruins, not in there, bah.

Aw.

Just talk about it in lore terms/personality.
Why do you like Sotha Sil less?

I dunno. I know he's basically a god and all that, but it feels like they're making him too important, if that makes sense. All the stuff regarding the significance of the city itself, and apparently he might've been the creator of black soul gems as well. Along with other stuff, mainly regarding MK, it just feels like the Tribunal have too much significance placed on them. Though I suppose personal biases might also be influencing it.

>and apparently he might've been the creator of black soul gems as well.
Elaborate on this for me please. I thought Mannimarco created the black soul gems?

It was a loading screen while in the Clockwork City. It talked about how it turns out Sotha Sil probably reversed engineered Soul Gems to invent them.

>I can make them find some ancient records in there about dragons
imperial-library.info/content/water-getting-girl-and-inverse-tiger

Its also suggested that some worship Dibella (or at least an aspect of her) as they were able to find the new Sybil of Dibella and seemed to have intentions to use her, this Forsworn group is also notably made up entirely of women (with the exception of a single male briarheart member) similar to other Dibella cults.

I mean there's also the possibility they were just desecrating her shrine and planned to butcher the child.

I finished it as well and I really liked the end.Spoilers i guess:
When Seht talks about prisoners, and how the diference between him and us is that the prisoner can see their cell door, an exit. While even gods cannot be anything more than the product of their circunstances, we the prisioners/heroes have an outside perspective (we are not in the game), and are free from the hands of fate. It's nice to see this kind of meta-lore outside morrowind, it's part of what made the 36 lessons interestnng.

Oh, yeah. I had liked that Prisoner talk, too.

>I was glad they made Fyr pretty likeable
Really?
I very much dislike the way the portray Fyr, they give him this overtly serious, incredibly imperious attitude which is quite astonishingly the exact opposite of how he is portrayed in Morrowind (though given the texts ESO has Fyr in prior to the DLC, I'm not really all that surprised they don't understand his character).
Divayth Fyr is a fucking old ass weirdo whose already seen it all. He doesn't give a shit about presence, reputation, or ridiculous notions of superiority. He's not some power hungry shit or someone who holds judgement or contempt for the ways in which others decide to live their lives. He doesn't take anything seriously beyond his research, not a care in the world beyond entertaining himself and his curiosity, so long as what he does fulfills these desires he couldn't care less about the outcome. His knowledge, ability, and shear longevity of course makes him a very important and sought after man but otherwise he's perfectly content keeping to himself, studying whatever he will, and fucking his sexy daughters. I mean, we're talking about the type of dude who collects priceless artifacts from across Tamriel just so he can laugh his ass off watching would-be thiefs fail horribly trying to obtain them.
He'd fucking mock the arrogant mook ESO makes him out to be.

Huh. I was actually dreading he'd act really pompous and belittling to everyone, and thought he was actually pretty sincere for the most part. It was a pretty serious situation everyone was involved in, so the more urgent tone he had for a lot of it made sense to me. I might not have been paying enough attention to how he acted compared to Morrowind, though.

Any good morrowind fanfiction?

I stumbled upon "From the Journals of the Nerevarine" by LordsFire, which surprised me on how relatively well it was written. It had compelling NPC characters, fleshed out vanilla quests, and besides the main character being named Bill it felt exactly like canon. I honestly don't know why he was named like that, as he was a Redguard and not a self insert at all. I liked it as it retold the evens of the game, and then deviated past the limitations of it, but it stopped just as the main character was about to pursue being a Nerevarine. Now I want to find a something to read that describes how the protagonist becomes Nervar reborn though.

>it just feels like the Tribunal have too much significance placed on them
this is how I feel about it as well, its mostly because they are MK's baby so he is really hung up on the trio, so they have had an increasing number of stories grow around them to the point where I am beginning to the dislike the whole lot, but especially Vivec. What was even the point of him "allowing you to beat him and accepting death" in Morrowind if he doesn't actually die? His survival is bullshit, he should have died by the end of Morrowind and stayed dead.

I mean, that's what I consider canon. Him dying after losing the godhood granted to him by the Heart and never coming back. It's pretty cheap otherwise.

>I am beginning to the dislike the whole lot, but especially Vivec.
>Vivec.
>not fuckable

Nuh-Uh. They're cool!
They're cheerful, chivalric warrior-poets, wandering the land, spreading merriment, protecting the innocent and striking down evil!
They're also definitely better than the Ordinators. Almost all of them have glass armor which is far superior stats wise both in lore and in game, indicating they're much more skilled. They're also less common. They're probably some sort of elite unit. I wish there was more lore on them.

As far as I understand, the tribal Reachmen are mostly Foresworn - they went back to the old ways due to pressure from the Empire and such. Most of them weren't actually tribals at all before that, or at least hadn't been for several centuries.

There is a possibility that they were like the Dunmer and the Ashlanders, but I'm skeptical about that chiefly because the Ashlanders keep to their old ways because of dissatisfaction with the Tribunal. The Reachmen don't seem to have that sort of pressure and seem to have more or less peacefully coexisted with their neighbors.

imperial-library.info/content/hearth-there-comes-stranger
I like this.

I think we all know that's not true

>is far superior stats wise
its not that much better actually, indoril has 45 base armour, glass has 50. Its still better but not far superior

Oh, shit, really?
In-lore, it's way better though, isn't it? I mean what's Indoril armor even made of? I thought it was just like high quality steel painted gold or something.

reddit.com/user/laurelanthalasa/submitted/?count=25&after=t3_5nktoe

>inb4 leddit
I really like her interpretation of the events, taking under the consideration Sermons and other sources

>In-lore, it's way better though, isn't it?
hard to say really, I don't recall their being any comparative analysis works on armour in the lore, sure we know that ebony is better than steel, but the extent to which one material is inherently better than another hasn't really been discussed much in lore AFAIK. I am also not sure what Indoril armour is made of, I always assumed its painted bonemold.

speaking of armour, I liked how in Skyrim after you get that dwemer memories perk dwemer armour stats are actually comparable to ebony armour stats. It always seemed weird to me that a civilization as advanced as the dwemer had such crap armour, so I always headcanoned it by assuming that people simply don't know how to use it properly. And that quest in Skyrim kinda confirms it, since absorbing some dwemer memories and that buffing armour can be seen as TLD finally figuring out how to properly use it

I always saw Dwemer armor as basically ancient magicka-powered Power Armor, and modern Mer and Men don't have the full know-how of how to use it.
Pic related, art from a guy on tumblr. I imagine they took various parts of ancient scrap armor and pieced it together, more effective than steel but not as good as it would be in it's original state, of course. Also a huge status symbol.

Very Giger-esque, great job. I'm imagining some sort of Paladins trying to rescue someone/something from the realm, or escape, and slowly being corrupted.
Jesus Christ how horrific. Go become a writer for Bethesda please.

Damn that's even better. Why'd you delete it man?

And don't forget the part where Vivec summoned sexy daedra whores to fuck them after they helped him capture one of his monster children.

is there a higher resolution version of this?

I've looked, can't really find one yet sadly. I might ask the guy.
The little bit of text is mostly readable. Here's the source I got the art itself from:
polygonevangelist.tumblr.com/

l-lewd

Because I am a magical and mighty wizard skilled in Mysticism, I know how to obtain the images of tumblr in their raw form.

'Only a dozen of these massive armor suits were assembled in 3E 427 by Great House Telvanni armorers. According to the Tel Naga archives, this technology was retrieved from the tenebrous stronghold of Tureynal. The original Dwemeric armor construction manual, known as "The Pattern", was likely composed by the tonal metalworks as a by-product of their colossal Numidium construction."
"The most fierce dwemerclad House fetchmen were called Rust Adepts, serving as the vanguard of Telvanni rapacious expansion into Molag Amur, bending this harsh region to the House will."

Oh, well I'm a retard then. How'd you do it?

Just google 'tumblr raw,' it's easy enough to find but just difficult enough to explain I don't want to provide examples. Tumblr also apparently updates enough you'll have to keep up with the trick every so often anyway.

Thanks.

>I'm imagining some sort of Paladins trying to rescue someone/something from the realm, or escape, and slowly being corrupted.
I was imagining a story about a group of reachmen who become forsworn, then out of desperation and trickery pledge themselves to Namira. Some of the forsworn disagree, fighting breaks out the ones against Namira are killed all but one, who escapes and later joins some shady adventurer group led by a necromancer as a mercenary. Namira demands those forsworn loyal to her to catch the Dissident, and sets up a trap deep in the mountains as fighting breaks out the whole group is lured in the Scuttling Void somehow, the Dissident decides to kill all her brethren fallen to Namira, which Namira doesn't particularly oppose but makes sure that in the process the Dissident has to continuously degrade and degenerate herself, slowly becoming indistinguishable from the fallen brethren she set out to eliminate. These are the broad strokes of the story, I have some ideas about the specifics and the methods employed thought out as well - I mean I've imagined already the key enemies, the ways teh Dissident tries to cope with corruption and her method of tearing the souls of the reachmen out of Namiras hands and even how her method partially faills in the end, but a lot of things are also undecided, like for example I am not even sure if this story should feature the Dissident as the sole "main character" or if the events are something an adventurer or a group of adventurers runs into and can affect the outcome of

>what's Indoril armor even made of?
"Indoril armor is the ornate heavy armor style worn by Ordinators, a military order of knights in service of the Tribunal Temple. Gold leaf details the pauldrons, bracers, and helm of this insect-shell laminate armor. So many Ordinators come from House Indoril that the armor style is known as 'Indoril' armor, though knights of all Great Houses may serve as Ordinators."

From Bethesda's official site back then.

And speaking of Dwemer armor:

"The secrets of Dwemer armorcraft are long-forgotten. All examples encountered are thousands of years old, salvaged from ancient Dwemer ruins. Dwemer armor is heavy and cumbersome, but Dwemer craftsmanship and metallurgy are unmatched in any modern metal armor style. Enthusiasts pay fabulous prices for individual pieces, and the few complete sets are in the hands of collectors." - same source as above

"I laughed to myself, thinking of the many warriors unwittingly walking around Tamriel with pieces of Dwarven mechanisms on their backs. For that, of course, is what most "Dwarven armor" really is - just the armored shells of ancient mechanical men. I sobered when I thought of how exceedingly valuable an intact mechanism would be." - The Ruins of Kemel-ze

I always let the execution happen. Rogvir was a traitor

Actually let me post all of the armor/weapon stuff, it has some interesting info:

Netch Leather
Most outlanders adopt the comfortable and affordable native netch leather armor style when they come to Morrowind. The intrinsic durability and flexibility of netch hide, combined with the elaborate articulation of the Dunmer design and painstaking craftsmanship, make netch armor far superior to the heavy, inelegant leather armor styles of the West.

Chitin
Made from laminated insect shell glued with organic resins, chitin armor is also superior to any comparable Western light armor designs. Chitin armor gives better protection, but is lighter and more comfortable, than Western light leather and reinforced leather armors. Here, as in most native style, a scarf protects the neck and mouth from blowing sand and ash while campaigning.

Bonemold
Also known as 'Great House' armor in Morrowind, bonemold is a medium weight armor affordable only by Dunmer nobles. Each piece is assembled from many pieces of softened shell, molded into shape, then bonded and reinforced with resin glues. The example shown here features a distinctive House Redoran gah-julan ('great-benefit') helm with the protective cowl deployed for ash wastes travel.

Indoril
Indoril armor is the ornate heavy armor style worn by Ordinators, a military order of knights in service of the Tribunal Temple. Gold leaf details the pauldrons, bracers, and helm of this insect-shell laminate armor. So many Ordinators come from House Indoril that the armor style is known as 'Indoril' armor, though knights of all Great Houses may serve as Ordinators.

Glass
The Dunmer are the masters of light armor design, and the glass armor is the pinnacle of that design. Inspired by traditional High Elven ornate armors, this very expensive armor is studded with native volcanic glass. Remarkably light and flexible, glass armor absorbs and distributes shock better than steel.

cont

Dwarven
The secrets of Dwemer armorcraft are long-forgotten. All examples encountered are thousands of years old, salvaged from ancient Dwemer ruins. Dwemer armor is heavy and cumbersome, but Dwemer craftsmanship and metallurgy are unmatched in any modern metal armor style. Enthusiasts pay fabulous prices for individual pieces, and the few complete sets are in the hands of collectors.

Iron Plate
Western-style iron plate provides good protection, but is so heavy and uncomfortable that despite its modest cost and wide availability in Imperialized Morrowind, adventurers and mercenaries quickly upgrade to better-quality metal armors or adopt the lighter native laminated shell armors when they can afford them.

Imperial Guard Heavy Armor
Imperial Guard armor is a more expensive and decorative version of the common Legion veteran's heavy infantry armor. Chain is worn over leather padding, with steel greaves, pauldron, cuirass, and helm.

Templar Heavy Armor
Officers of the Imperial Legion and knights of the various Imperial military orders are privileged to wear this armor. Plate cuirass and greaves and a reinforced steel helm are worn over leather padding and chain. Though heavy and uncomfortable for campaigning, this armor gives excellent protection in melee combats.

Orcish Medium Armor
Based on High Elven designs, orcish armor is an ornate but remarkably light steel plate worn over cloth padding. Light and comfortable by contrast with other steel plate designs, orcish armor commands premium prices from campaigning mercenary officers and style-conscious nobles.

cont

Chitin
These native Dunmer weapons are created from the sturdy but light exoskeletons of local creatures. Layers of chitin are typically laminated using bug resin glues to form strong but flexible weapons. The serrated edges of the original materials are exploited to create especially wicked daggers and slashing weapons.

Iron
For centuries, cheap and serviceable iron and iron-reinforced weapons have been produced in quantity for the Legions. These and similarly made iron weapons are in use throughout the Empire.

Steel
Imperial steel weapons are standard issue for the elite units of the Legions. Nobles, merchant-traders, and professional mercenaries prefer the higher quality materials and craftsmanship of Imperial steel. Various other weapons of exotic design (in particular, the tantos and katanas made in the Akaviri style) are also made of high-quality steel.

Silver
High-quality steel is plated or filagreed with silver because of the arcane effects of the precious metal on the flesh of magical and supernatural creatures. Well-heeled aristocrats and bravos also sport such weapons for their distinctive elegance.

Dwarven
These refined and elegant weapons resist corrosion and retain their edge in spite of hard use, and are notable among the distinctive relics of the extinct Dwemer race. Enterprising adventurers risk life and limb to recover these ornate, heavy weapons from the Dwarven ruins scattered throughout Tamriel.

cont

Nordic
These massive steel weapons are forged according to the secret metalcrafts of the Nord smiths, and engraved with runes in the manner of the legendary witch-warriors of Skyrim.

Glass
These light and elegant weapons of Elven manufacture feature extravagant use of rare metals and cutting edges made from rare crystalline materials. Duellists and assassins appreciate the delicate balance and sinister sharpness of glass weapons.

Ebony
Ebony weapons are made from a rare form of volcanic glass found almost exclusively in the buried deposits and surface lava flows of Vvardenfell's Red Mountain. 'Ebony' refers to the lustrous, black, glassy surface of ebony weapons.

Daedric
Daedric weapons are made from ebony which has been refined using the craft and magical substances of the lesser minions of Oblivion. The process is not a pleasant one for the Daedra involved, and the weapons retain echoes of preternaturally prolonged suffering endured during manufacture. Daedric weapons are the most rare and expensive weapons known in Tamriel.

For some reason I imagine Vaermina's realm as a valley with multiple rivers feeding into a lake in the middle. In the middle of this lake there's a city with a huge castle where she lives. The lake basically acts like a giant moat, and the whole realm is kinda like the Cyrodiil heartland except all dark and corrupted and the city doesn't look like the imperial city at all.
And this huge castle of hers is like some fucked up funhouse where the layout makes no sense whatsoever, it's a complete maze and contains multiple sub-realms (the kind she gives to her followers)
good luck ever making it to the throneroom

from UESP:
>Quagmire, or the Dreamstride, is a realm of Oblivion, created and ruled over by the Daedric Prince of Nightmare, Vaermina. It is a realm of horrors, where reality shifts upon itself in seemingly impossible ways. Every few minutes, lightning flashes and the realm morphs into a terrifying scene, each one more frightening than the last.
it seems her realm lacks any constant form

Great, you just stole the Coldharbour idea.

thanks user

ESO isn't canon

I agree.
Good thing descriptions of Coldharbour as a corrupted version of Tamriel predate ESO.
Bad thing you didn't know this simple fact already you dumb fuck.

Serious wasn't the correct word, imperious was. He acts like someone who genuinely sees himself so beyond everything and everyone that everything to him is just another simple walk in the park to him. But not someone who would simply enjoy the walk and pleasant distractions and new curiosities it might bring, but someone who judges the walk like every other and remains thoroughly unimpressed with every step.
They present him as the type of guy who believes his own opinions are infallible because he's just that good and therefore can never possibly be wrong, someone who would gladly accept and probably agree with being given the title 'Greatest Wizard who ever Lived.'
The real Divayth Fyr is a guy who clearly gave up meaningless and petty pretensions like that a very long time ago. He seems like one of the most down-to-earth guys ever who, having lived for millenia, only really cares about finding ways to keep himself busy and entertained and remain content. He has no incentive to prove anything to anyone, the fact that he's an ancient immortal wizard holds very little meaning to him. He still understands that there is much to do and much to learn and many opinions to be held, and he appreciates, rather than scoffs at, all the little things.

>Been playing TES for nearly two decades
>Just noticed Orc’s pupils
Why are they like this? Are all elves’ eyes like this?

Orcs used to have monkey eyes in MW at least.

nope, in fact i've been too damn away from skyrim to evade this Victoria waifuposting

Anyone got a good name for a title for a Nord mage? I'm coming up blank.

It’s just an Orc face from google with a good view of the pupils, not waifu posting.

I usually google Norse names. If you have a D&D 5e Xanathar’s Guide; there’s a list of 100 Norse names in there

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

i just met fyr in morrowind amd he suggests getting dragons (from cyrodiil) to kill all of the cliff racers and that he's heard that juib ppans to do it.
but i do have dialogue mods installed

I dont recall that being vanilla dialogue

I've got the first name, but I'm struggling for a title/surname. I want something vaguely mystical but not too cheesy.

Spell-Thrower

Witchborne, ______ the Spellsinger, Snowsinger, _____ the Mystic, ______ the Third-Eyed

Not him but I agree. Also, if it helps, ESO takes place ~700 years before Morrowind, so thats plenty of time for Fyr to change his personality over the years. He was just going through a phase...

Ravensighted, ______ the Black, _______ the Touched, _______ Elf-kin (as an insult taken as a title)

>Be me roleplaying my Orc Fighter/Berserker
>He’s superstitious and untrusting of magic except Wisewoman’s poultices and poisons
>Only use Two-Hand and Heavy Armor skills
>Pretty fun if not a little underpowered
>Get kicked from party because I’m an “objective burden” because I’m not pulling 1337 damage and “taking too long” taking in the sights and lore
ES:O is the very worst thing to happen to TES hands down. Fight me

yeah but it was made by victoria, in fact i pretty much got bored of nexus due to most of the mod screenshots being attributed to her characters