Puzzle thread

I accidentally deleted my tabletop puzzle folder so I need to start building it from scratch

post your puzzle ideas

Is that loss?

you motherfucker.

Literally just the mutagen puzzle.

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little Loss thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Veeky Forums Gold Account so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" MEME LINES isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Veeky Forums posting about a 2008 webcomic. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Loss NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "MOMMY I POSTED THE MEME LINES AGAIN." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever...

Remember kids, dont make the existance of the puzzle a puzzle. That's just obtrusive.

>that disgusting white space
absolutely unoptimized.

Have my favorite version of the meme for your pasta. Something about the prospect of the original hack of an artist getting upset on Veeky Forums made me laugh.

Just look up Layton's stuff. They can pull some dickish stuff.

Good way to lose your players desu

Am I retarded for having no clue how to begin running this?

I I i
I I I _

probably, just treat it as a singular dungeon even if it is the only place the run takes place

How would you solve 4 issues at the hospital problem?

Basically, you are in a hospital and there are four problems. You are able to solve all those problems.

1. In the northwest, there's a guy try to open an emergency entrance and you can see urgency in his behavior. However, he appears to be alone. You have to help him to get the door open.

2. In the northeast, there's a guy asking for directions at the receptionist at a lobby. However, the receptionist doesn't know how to give directions. You must help the receptionist to explain where the guy has to go.

3. In the southwest, there's a corridor with another guy and a doctor explaining medical conditions. However, the docter uses very specific language that the guy has difficulty understanding. You must help the guy by translating the doctor's words into layman's terms.

4. In the southeast, there's a woman lying on a hospital bed and a guy standing next to her. Her condition is stable, but both of them look emotionally devestated. You must help them cope with the emotional stress.

Each of these tasks takes a bit of time. What priority order would you solve these problems?

Cheeky fucker.

How do you enter this 4th dimensional dungeon? Or exit?

it can't exist without dimension warping shenanigans, so just place teleportation nodes or something

Just throw out some convoluted sounding shit you made you on the spot and in like the third or so passable clever thing the party attempts make that retroactively be the solution and praise them for being smart.

Play some puzzle games. They’re good inspirations, even if it’s hard to copy them exactly. E.g., that rocket ship puzzle in Myst - throwing the group into a maze of almost-identical rooms and using some sort of sound-based clue to find their way through.

This is like the red pill of DMing, as a whole.

/thread tbqhwyf

It goddamn is.

Dammit, I thought this was supposed to be some sort of clever, good puzzles have solutions but all of them are hard. Well done.

Erm, it's the universe, user - you don't get out...