Numenera

I'm getting into Numenera, and it's fairly easy to learn, but I do have a couple questions. Hopefully some of you can help me out, or just talk about Numenera I guess. This thread can be a general if there's enough interest.

1. When the rules talk about Speed defense, can I assume it's for attacks that specifically do Speed damage? Are there other instances where speed defense is used?

2. Some sources divide the weapon categories in Bashing, Bladed or Piercing. When does this matter? When training in use of a weapon, should a player specify any of these categories?

In the meantime, I'll be postin some of that gorgeous artwork.

>literal c&bt rpg written by a literal penis cannibal
wow that sounds really fun let us know how you enjoyed your gelding or whatever sick shit you call it these days

So for my personal understanding, isn't Numera, along with The Strange one of those games where the GM can claim that now something bad happens to your character, not like being attacked by monsters but more like being struck by lightning during a storm.
As player you can now spend resources to avoid that or accept it and gain said resource.
Said resource is also used for character advancement and improving rolls.

Or am i just talking out of my ass/remembering fever dreams ?

Autogynephagia: The desire to consume sex organs.

Like Morty Cook, creator of Nu-men Era.

>Morty Cook
Come here Morty, look! I'M SEVERED DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

Right, although your example seems a bit harsh

Fair, didn't mean a one hit one kill event happening, but rather something that doesn't necessarily needs to be a consequence of the PCs decisions and actions.

Examples frm the game itself include:

Character gets blood or sweat in eyes, needs an action to wipe, or all actions increase in difficulty,

NPC is physically attracted to a character, and won't interact with the character in a meaningful way unless the character appears to return the feeling.

However, it seems to me that if you use Milestones instead of XP, these 'intrusions' can easily be ignored

Speed defense is just dodging something instead of blocking it, as an example, it doesn't necessarily mean that it does speed damage.
The weapon types are only relevant to describing what kind of weapon it is, and for a few different abilities e.g. Pierce wouldn't work with a bashing weapon. You don't need to specify that with skills though, only that the character is trained with Light, Medium or Heavy.
Also you should know that most of this board has a hate boner for Monte Cook for some fucking reason, so you shouldn't expect much worthwhile discussion in this thread.

Thanks for your reply.

So if an ability such as Trained Without Armor gives you tarining in speed defense, it means you can decrease the difficulty of all attacks against you by one step, as long as it's feasible the attack could be dodged? That seems like a powerful bonus.

Yeah, I knew about the hateboner, but honestly I'm just happy they bumped the thread a couple of times

Wut

Yeah like that,
but i need to mention that in the oneshot i had in the Strange i got literally hit by lightning for not having XP.
So kinda burned child here.

Well shit. I just told the other user getting hit by lightning would be too harsh for a GM intrusion.

just google japanese penis cannibal and monte cook

Don't worry i'm that user, and i choose the harsh intrusion to get a point over but corrected it with

I have no clue what this system is about, but site landing alone got my attention, thanks, OP.

Enjoy your penis cannibalism!

Eh, it's not like I'll spent actual shekels on the books. If it's good, I'll run it. If not, whatever.

>if the penis removal and cannibalism/male pregnancy/whatever else sick shit game is good I'll just run the hell out of it
Yeah that sounds like a fucking great plan enjoy

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the whole point of this system is to bite dicks off of aliens and dragons, with customizeable dick grabbers for your mechs and ships and amulets of dick illusions.
Fuck off.

No, the whole point is to be a retarded fetishfest for the sick piece of shit who wrote it.

Monte "The cock cannibal" Cook, please go.

>monte stands bravely in the path of his own penis ruining his life by being attached and not eaten