Who or what is the Harley Quinn of tabletop stuff?

Who or what is the Harley Quinn of tabletop stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oldtroLb3zw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dont know, dont care.

All i know is Poison Ivy is best girl

Bards

cute as a button?
a complex well-written character?
very successful with the female demographic?

what are you asking exactly, OP?

How can she be a hot lesbian AND love the joker?

It's her superpower.

The Joker was Harley's first love. Despite her doctorate in psychology, the Joker somehow twisted her around his finger and made her his right-hand woman.

Harley and Poison Ivy were the two most prominent lady villains in the animated series, so inevitably, they hung out for girl time. Ivy may want to genocide humanity, but Harley is the only person she (usually) tolerates.

Besides, it's not like either of them actually won with her. Harley would eventually settle down and have grandkids.

Muh nigga.

Hearthstone.
>Came from an established IP (Batman/Warcraft)
>But showed up in a non-standard format (digital TCG/animated series instead of RPG/comics)
>Still exploded and took on a life of its own
>Is now inextricable from the franchise that made it

I think the more important question is; how come they haven't hooked her up with Batman yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=oldtroLb3zw
>Noice guyz loik you shouldn't 'ave bad days

Various sources have shown that if the Joker is a non-entity (dead or otherwise removed from the picture), Harley can get back on the straight-and-narrow and clean up her act.

AKTUELLY...
It came from a TCG they already made, most, if not all of the art in the game is ripped straight from these cards, the Innkeeper for example, is from a Quest Card. It played kind of like magic, but I loved their resource system above all other TCGs, and raiding was very well done.

In the recent Batman/Harley Quinn animated movie, she hooks up with Nightwing. Probably as close as she'll get.

>a complex well-written character?
>this is what harleyfags actually believe

Catwoman is cuter

There is only one good DC girl

The original art, and art for the first few expansions was almost all WoW:TCG stuff.
For at least the past year now if not longer, they finally started using HS money to commission more than 5 or 6 cards an expansion.

WoW:TCG was still far better with one of the best resource management systems, the equipment system, and of course the raids.

Well, yeah. When she has a good writer. How often has the joker been written as 'haha, killing people with acid seltzer bottles is hilarious' compared to those storylines that really get into his unique brand of insanity?

I think Harley is one of those characters that can range from shit to top-tier depending entirely on who writes her.

I think the Joke made her a lesbian, or she is a lesbian and has "one guy I would bang". Maybe she is bi.

I'd love going to the gym with her

But everyone hooks up with Nightwing. That's one of his running gimmicks: Dick Grayson is one of the most coveted bachelors in the DC universe.

A fellow Jesse Cox fan. I salute you.

>character defined by an abusive relationship with a man
>fans later downplay the abuse and pretend like they really do love each other because it fits in better with their personal fantasies

The Veeky Forums equivalent of Harley Quinn has got to be the succubus. The abuse is going the other direction, but there's the same downplaying or ignoring the character-defining abuse for the purpose of masturbating more easily.

I think she's good when she's not written as female Deadpool. I'm glad Conner and Palmiotti's run is over.

She loves the Joker.
The Joker regularly abuses her in a variety of fucked up ways.
The only person she can talk to when she's been thrown out, or beaten to the point that she needs a break is Ivy.
Ivy is a sex fiend, but Harley doesn't mind because Ivy is also her only friend.
Harley always returns to the Joker anyway, because despite how horribly abusive he is, he also has a soft spot for her and indulges it from time to time.

Harley is the girl who is so broken that she doesn't even see the issue with the fact that her "best friend" doesn't worry about consent or anything in taking her.

>She loves the Joker.
Not anymore.

>Ivy is a sex fiend, but Harley doesn't mind because Ivy is also her only friend.
Palmiotti confirmed on his twitter that they're in an open relationship.

>Not anymore.

Admittedly I should have pre-faced that with I think I'm two or three retcons ago in my DC knowledge at this point.

>ivy is a canon cuck
are you serious?

>The Veeky Forums equivalent of Harley Quinn has got to be the succubus

>cute
>ditzy
>black/white/red color scheme
>uses oversized weapons
>consumed by an obsession
>in an abusive relationship

>not posting bestree

>Besides, it's not like either of them actually won with her. Harley would eventually settle down and have grandkids.
Red-headed Granddaughters?

Wait, Poison Ivy rapes Harley? Where the fuck is that stated?

It's a recessive gene - I'm ginger, neither of my parents have red hair.

Are we talking about Harley Quinn, the one obnoxious henchman who never seemed to suffer any kind of harm as a result of working for the Joker? Or Harley Quinn, the anti-hero trying to reconcile her good aspirations with her lingering love for a particularly heinous man?

Still Ivy is a master of genetic engineering, and who else would Harley hook up with after Mr J's demise?

Finding botanical ways to pass down her (possibly literal) seed to start a family with her girlfriend?

I could see Poison Ivy getting really drunk one night, then in the morning *wishing* she could forget what Harley did to her.

>Finding botanical ways to pass down her (possibly literal) seed to start a family with her girlfriend?
Indeed.
Hell, she pretty much DID do this with that one professor in the Animated series, the resultant offspring just aged too quickly.

It always varies, writer to writer, but the basic premise is incredibly interesting.

Her relationship with the Joker in the original cartoon had a shitload of nuance and a super interesting dynamic with the abusive relationship angle. Harley wasn't just some sidekick, she was a tragic figure who was still an actual villain, locked in a terrible relationship she could never quite give up.

And then her pairing with Ivy had a lot of overtones of a woman finally leaving her abusive husband, while still never quite getting over him, which really carried the concept home.

It's a great idea for a minor villain, both to create a sympathetic yet evil character, and also as a way to help reinforce the primary villain's lack of morals.

The basic premise is kill. Harley over the past few years has been a funny anti-hero who don't need no Joker and is in an open relationship with Ivy. They had to make her palatable to all the bloggers and teenage girls who shop at Hot Topic.

I propose Fate

>Popped up off the side and not in mainstream
>Was based on the idea of playing with established rules and subverting some of them
>Has some merits when used in moderation
>Gathered an absolutely rabid following that flies into autistic rage when criticized
>Popular with a demographic that doesn't actually consume the medium and is only interested in this one thing
>New age writers love it and use it for fucking everything while never doing anything interesting with it
>As a result of this, makes some people unreasonably angry when it shows up

I mean, practically every comic book character has been changed, some of them more drastically than others.

You can point out terrible versions of every single comic book character that isn't some two bit or one scene wonder.

A nice concept that get bastardized over the years?

Could be wigs. The Jokers as a gang are heavy into crap like that to fit their clown theme.

Maid RPG

lol-whacky high jinks, pop culture references, lesbians, and being eternally shackled to some asshole by the narrative.

When she gets better I'll acknowledge that she's better, but for now she's terrible.

Harley got her doctorate from professional tier slutting. It's not surprising that someone could work her over easily.

Anyways to the OP, I'm assuming you mean something pretty awful that still manages to be popular so like 25% of Veeky Forums related things fit.

Actually, what is the current, canon relationship between Harley and Ivy? Because Harley is trying to get redeemed into a "good guy," while as far as I know Poison Ivy is still an unrepentant criminal.

Those are wigs they. Actually have blonde hair

I thought "canon immigrant".

Since she was made for the show first then became an established characetr in the comics.

Never happened, Harley's always been all for it.

Her bit in Injustice 2 with the fear gas was actually pretty nice.

She's a hedonist. Psychology on normal people must be boring with so many costumed freaks running around, and its not like Batman is going to kill her for tagging along with whichever weirdos she fancies.

Harley is a pansexual, like Marvel's own "lol memes" character, Deadpool

>Deadpool
>Pansexual

Yeah no.

>overrated, awful character beloved by numales and their ham planet girlfriends
I don't know, probably some "celebrity DM".

Are you telling me Deadpool wouldn't bang Spider-Man or Cable if given the chance?

There's a character in Exalted named Lilith who's basically Stockholm Syndrome incarnate the way Harley is. Lilith only gets free of her spouse when he's brutally murdered by his underlings. She has no happy ending, she's permanently insane in a very unpleasant way.

Oh he certainly WOULD NOT bang fucking CABLE. Cable's a boring, cliche hardass. And no to Spiderman as well.

She's a Lunar who's obsessed with tracking down and killing her Solar mate over and over, right? You forgot to mention the part where she's horrifically strong and will steamroll anyone who gets in her way.

>obsessed with tracking down and killing her Solar mate
Swan is the first and only reincarnation of Desus thus far and Lilith is trying to decide what she wants to do about him. She's had a few conversations with him and wants him to remember what Desus did to her, but she won't just come out and say it and she doesn't know what she wants. But yeah, she's one of the most powerful beings in the setting who isn't incapacitated in some way.

user, just for funsies...

Do you know the names of the two artists who created Deadpool and Cable?

Rob Liefield and either Simonson or Nicieza?

>Harley got her doctorate from professional tier slutting
Depends on the writer. Like so much of comics.

In the DCAU she was actually a competent psychologist before going nutso. Or psychiatrist. I don't remember, shut was 20 years ago.

Yep, and their mother is Lucy. Though at least in Batman Beyond they were just troublesome kids, as opposed to comics that made them gleefully murderous cyborgs.

>Those are wigs they. Actually have blonde hair
>Yep, and their mother is Lucy.
Let me dream damn it!

Go for it. I too, prefer a headcanon of Ivy pulling some botany trick to have kids with Harley. Just can't decide between a plant that grows a kid based on blood samples from both of them, planting her seed in Harley, or something with tentacle vines.

All 3 combined.

>planting her seed in Harley, or something with tentacle vines.
>All 3 combined.
Actually I'd just go with the last two, with Ivy enhancing Harley's body during the fertilization so as to reduce the strains of pregnancy.

Critical Role

I'd say that of the three I usually favor the seed planting, though it makes some sense for Ivy to grow a root/vine/tentacle of her own to do the deed.

>though it makes some sense for Ivy to grow a root/vine/tentacle of her own to do the deed.
Just one?
I'd think she'd give herself a proper "bloom" for the job, and Harley one as well to return the favor!

>Bitter Ginger
Eh, maybe they'd have flowering bodies as well, but I'd prefer multiple for vagina tentacle action!

I'd imagine Ivy would come up with plenty of options along these lines if she really wanted to. Shapes, sizes, textures, just one or over a dozen, various functions, fluids and seed types.

That artstyle seems familiar