mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Old thread >

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZBI77q35hHk
youtu.be/ZBI77q35hHk?t=473
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did someone say best primarch?

>let’s name OPs pic

Angron - king of angry Manlets

Actually made some Beserkers the other day, using the legs and arms from GW and the body/head from forgeworld and they are smaller than manlet marines. Any tips on making them bigger? Greenstuff the middle/neck?

Fourth for there's already a thread

Hey that’s not a Primarch!
That’s Samus!

Use different legs, Chaos Terminator legs are common, Chaos Warriors are a classic, AoS Bloodwarriors are the current hotness.

*SamASS

Does anyone know where to find FAQ's for older editions? I am specifically looking for 5th edition FAQ's.

Hey guys, there’s a *not* tournament coming up and I want to show off my newly christened elite-centric chapter. Using DAngle rules, does this look like a solid gunline army?

>master with jump pack: thunder hammer, storm shield [WL, master of maneuver trait] (129)
>talonmaster [heavenfall blade] (188)
>scout squad (55)
>scout squad (55)
>scout squad (55)
>boltstorm aggressor Squad (111)
>boltstorm aggressor Squad (111)
>deathwing terminators, thunder hammer, storm shield, 235
>relic Contemptor dreadnought, twin lascannon, chainfist (231)
>fire raptor gunship (355)
>hellblasters Squad, 10 (310)
>devestator Squad, lascannons (165)
2,000 points, 6CP, aggressors and talonmaster give solid backfield melee while Contemptor goes and does his own thing and terminators plus captain move to the front. Scouts cuck Assault armies

>elite centric
>only elites in his list are a contemptor and a squad of terminators

What are some Alpha Legion novels that aren't horseshit?

why the master of maneuver trait when only 1 thing will be advancing at most?

hey guys i heard you can deepstrike mortarion now. how des it work?

wait for the stratagem wording to come out, some people are saying it specifically only applies to daemons listed in the codex, which would exclude magnus, morty, etc

Just got a Box of Wulfen.

Gonna throw them in my DA/SW/AA army.
How should I kit them out for vehicle and elite unit hunting?
All TH/SS, all great wolf axes, or half/half of both?
I don't think I need anymore anti horde. So frost claws are a no go, I'm already said the Wulfen leader has to take them.

Their frost claws aren't even worth. If vehicle hunting probably wanna give them th/ss, elite unit hunting I'd give them the axes. Also if you wanna make full use of them I'd throw in some skyclaws.

I do have 10 spare jump packs and a box of unbuilt blood claws..... do they run up the board together? Or am I supposed to spend a command point to infiltrate the Wulfen and then deep strike the claws next to the them.

Are there any better general purpose special weapons for stormtroopers than plasma? Flamers seem like a waste since they have a good BS

>addition

It depends on how the other guy is deploying. If he leaves an opening and you can outflank the wulfen I'd say go for it. But they can go pretty far since they're able to run and charge. Just remember they've only got a 3+ invuln and a 4+ normal save. If you keep those blood claws within 12" of the wulfen they get extra attacks in the fight phase or reroll to charges the turn they arrive.

If you’re taking on a non-MEQ army, Volleyguns seem decent.
Otherwise yeah, plasma guns are the all-rounder weapon in the game.

Why are Sisters so boring to play?

I'll be using my old Great Unclean One model with the new rules.

>tfw finally getting around painting my loyalist Sons of Horus army
>lost for 10k years due to warpfuckery
>disappeared just before the Horus Heresy
>reappeared during the Eternal Night, have no idea what the FUCK is going on
>everybody hates their guts, chaos, imperium, xenos
>refuse to believe a single word about Horus
>ridiculous tinfoil hat excuses abound
>"Horus was replaced by a doppelganger, he would never betray the Emperor"
>"Chaos have kidnapped the Warmaster again like when they were babies!"
>"Its Horus sitting on the Throne!"
>"Horus was mind controlled by Chaos!"
>"What if there were two Horuses?"
>"The Sons of Horus never turned to Chaos, it was the Black Legion"
>"It was an inside job by Guiliman and Sanguinious to declare their own Imperium!"
>"How come all the Primarchs are gone except Guiliman, hmmmm?!"
>"Xenos death godess? Haha yeah, like we would believe such bullshit!"
>"Horus is fighting Chaos from the inside!"
>"Istvaan was a fake there is no proof that it actually happened!"
>proudly preaching the Imperial Truth
>they think the Imperial Cult is dumb and must be Lorgars pet project got loose
>captured an inquisitor once
>"umm, inquisition is the new name for the Remembrancers, you see? We.. ummm, are very inquisitive about stuff instead of just remembering them, heh heh"
>good thing he is a radical and keeps directing them in the path of Chaos
>generally just being naive dumbasses
>desperately crusading to find Horus and clean his name
>kind of sad actually

With the new base or you going to WAACfag it up?

You better give them old beat to shit gear.

I'm not tearing my minis apart just because of GW's model size creep.

So... put the old base on top of the new base?

Kk

>loyalist Sons of Horus
Why not Luna wolves then?

Damn straight!

Post your GUO. Let us marvel at the piece of shit you defend.

ITT: We fix Grey Knights without using soup

>instead of smite, they can declare an enemy unit as daemons
>enemy unit now has the keyword "daemon" in their keyword list

I shouldn't have to "upgrade" my old miniatures to continue using them. So no.

I hope you have flexible friends willing to play with cheaters. New better profile comes with the new bigger model. Modeling for advantage is cheating. Any way you try to rationalize it is bullshit.

no

>Halve the price of every infantry unit in the codex
>still worse than Guard

Yes

Get purged, poxwalker

Alright, Veeky Forums, the Word of Lorgar commands you to fix Word Bearers so they're not laughably useless compared to every other legion.

How do you do it?

Battleforged can summon for free

Squat

>summoning for free

no fuck off

Word Bearers are allowed to move before summoning. Maybe make the roll harder if they do.

Cause being dumb little puppies and worshipping the Arch-Heretic is kind of the entire point. I love goofy shit mixed with sad undertones. Just imagine the face of any loyalist spessh mehreen commander or black leejun spiky villain when getting hailed by the Sons of Horus.

As a relic I did use a a Luna Wolves banner and in my headfluff the inquisitor did point out they could just change their names to Luna Wolves and no one in the Imperium except history nerd wargamers would give a fuck. They are just so loyal to Horus, the all around great guy Warmaster that they are refusing to abandon his memory and still try to loyally serve him.

Painted up the core of the army pristine to show off all that 30k archeotech in all of its glory. I also wanted a bit of symbolic contrast with the current grimdarkness of 40k. They are loyal knights of the grand era of the Great Crusade. The last remnants of a better, more advanced age when the Emperor still led mankind in person, people were optimistic and grimdark was held at bay. They arent meant to be doomed, gritty survivors yet.

Use them as onaholes for Primaris Marines.

>YOU'RE NOT ROBOUTE GUILLIMAN. REVEAL YOURSELF DAEMON

>YOU'RE NOT THE SWARM LORD. REVEAL YOURSELF DAEMON

>YOU'RE NOT THE YNCARNE. REVEAL YOURSELF DAEMON.

>YOU'RE NOT GRAND MASTER VOLDUS, WARDEN OF THE LIBRARIUS. REVEAL YOURSELF DAEMON.

Free summons if battleforged and not soup shit

So are you being a cheap cunt who doesn't want to buy a base to place his current model on or are you trying to be scummy with a shit excuse?

To actually fix them, change the smite on non characters to at least have a chance to do d3 MW on a 10+, and give characters full smite. The current range reduced to 12 can stay. They also need some sort of mortal wound defense, even if it's just on a 6+. Halberds also need to be more than just force axes. Something to represent them being polearms like always hitting first., or having +2S and -2AP.

Squat

Based

Squat!

on the charge natural hit rolls of a 6 should be a mortal wound since they're polearms

>new base

If it's ok to use old IG HW teams on a 25mm base, it should be equally ok to use old GUO on the base it came with.

That's fucking retarded user. A better, non-retarded idea would be giving them back psi-bolters.

Nemesis Weapon: Attacks with this weapon ignore invulnerable saves for units with the keyword

I like that. Agreed. As it stands they are just straight up inferior to falchions but I have all of my guys with halberds anyway because I love the look.

>they can declare an enemy unit as daemons
That shit sounds more like what an Inquisitor would do
>Once per game an Inquisitor can declare any unit a heretic. For one turn any unit can reroll hits and wounds against said unit.

If you want them more mortal woundy just buff their smiting somehow. Don't add it to their normal weapons.

Do buff abilities like Lord of the Machine Cult, which affects units within 3'', also affect the unit with the ability?
Ergo do I reroll my rolls of 1s to hit on my tech priest?

Have Be'lakor perma-kill Lorgar and induct the Word Bearers into the true creed of Chaos Undivided.

Will never happen since that's just a stratagem now.

They are already easily re-rolling hits, wounds, and damage rolls against daemons. They don't need to be even better at fighting an army that will likely never want to play them in the first place.

There's a major difference between the new bases for guardsmen and the big boi new bases for GUO

hey 40k bros, i just recently got the 8e starter box (i havnt played since 6th) I play ultramarines and i'm looking to buy a primaris squad to add to the squads that came with the starter box. I'm giving my friend the DG from the box after we play a sample game with the set.

what would be a good "first addition" to my primaris force/collection?

Rulebook page 179. Sidebar "Aura abilities."

>Have Lorgar perma-kill Be'lakor and induct Chaos Undivided into the true creed of the Word Bearers.

I can dig it.

Do you count vertical distance when seeing if a unit is affected by an aura

Each nemesis weapon has a bonus effect like in the 5th codex.
Sword: +1 invuln in fight phase
Halberd: goes back to ap-3, still +1S and gives always fights first
Falchion: +1 attack each
Hammer: stays the same
Staff: +1 psychic and deny tests, stacks with chapter tactic
Apothecary also gives 5+++ within 6”.
Brotherhood Champion can choose other weapons.
Dreadknights ignore heavy weapon penalty.
Points drop on power armor and Terminator units.
+1A on Purifiers.
Give them the 1ksons mini smite.

Enough transports to protect your chad marines

Modeling for advantage implies I built the miniature with the new rules in mind. I purchased, built, and painted the miniature in the 90s. I suppose I'm a bit psychic.

Cost is irrelevant. I've had this miniature since 2nd Edition. Why should I have to do anything to it in order to continue playing with it?

Hellblasters or Aggressors. Hellblasters are probably better for Ultras though.

A Razorback, or a devastator squad could be a good idea to start gaining some armor cracking ability, best of luck!

youtube.com/watch?v=ZBI77q35hHk

How to paint GUO is up.

any in particular? i have a ton of landraiders already

Assuming you're not trolling, a dreadnought of some kind could be solid. I'm fond of Venerable Dreds, especially if you rig them up with double twinlinked autocannons.

Do you also try to argue using your 2e rules for it in 8e?

>They are already easily re-rolling hits, wounds, and damage rolls against daemons. They don't need to be even better at fighting an army that will likely never want to play them in the first place.

About that...
>Guess I'll just resurrect my Lord of Skulls again :^)

Thanks, user.

>AoS Bloodwarriors are the current hotness.
That's what I've been doing and it works pretty well, they're the size of the new Plague Marines.
Only thing about it though is you have to prepare yourself for a hoard of sperg lords screeching about leather boots if you don't swap them.

The thing is they don't really need to be better at fighting anything else, Killing daemons is their shtick. has plenty of options to deal with anything else

>screeching about leather boots if you don't swap them.
Flayed Loyalist Leather Boots. If they screech they obvious don't respect the fashion of Khorne

Yes

>add a new HQ unit
>he is so fucking crazy, he has that rule

And that's how you fix Grey Knights

why would I be trolling? I have a ton of "regular marine" stuff already. I'm just trying to figure out the Primaris stuff.

But they’re still Space Marines. They should be equipped/trained to handle other threats they may encounter before the daemons arrive according to the prognosticars predictions. Like in Maledictus they have to fend off Orks and one of them explodes a Battlewagon.

Yeah, Mr. Dominus gets his rerolls as well.
If he's a Prime Hermeticon with the Psuedogenetor relic it makes him surprisingly good at melee, with 3 S6 AP2 D2 and D6 S4 AP1 D1 reroll-wounds attacks hitting on 3+ rerollable. He won't take down the Emperor's Champion or anything, but I've had him stalemate a Talos Pain Engine for three turns until another one and a Cronos showed up.

stop tripfagging then you double nigger

I keep the leather boots because I think they're cool and they fit with the theme I'm going for, but for some reason people get VERY upset about them and I don't know why.

The tripcode implies you're up to something.

NIPPLE PAINTING TUTORIAL

BANEBLADE BROWN CONFIRMED

youtu.be/ZBI77q35hHk?t=473

they are, they're just not as point efficient at doing it as ordinary marines

Considering that Fire frenzy now applies to deredo Dreadnoughts - should my rifleman deredo be painted as world eaters or Dark angels with their reroll 1's to hit?

also should i get the plasma guns if i go for the dark angels one?

>I keep the leather boots because I think they're cool
I'd probably try to give them a rough "Bloodletter" style texture and paint the boots like Bloodletter skin.

>These are my Khorne Beserkers
>REEE LEATHER BOOTS
>Bloodletter leather.

Custoads jetbikes have some sick boots. I'll try to snag a few when they come out.

i actually have 5 twin linked auto canon dread (unpainted but sadly all nicely kitted out with the GK conversions) I used to run the psy rifle spam list in 5e. I could probably take the 2 ven from that group because iirc i didnt add much GK conversion stuff to them. so i wont have to scrap all that stuff off.

ok fine

You're right, 60mm round base is around 21% of a 130mm round base, where as a 25mm round base is around 17% of a 60mm round base.

>sick boots
God damn you're right. I like dem boots

Please don't remind me of the complete and utter contempt that GW has for my favorite boys...