Vampire: The Masquerade chronicles

Have you ever participated in VtM game, user? Tell me your best stories or campaign ideas.

As a storyteller:
>got sick of the Cain origin, and convoluted metaplot
>I combined the fluff from Rifts Vampire Kingdoms with the Vicissitude disease element
>antediluvians are extra dimensional horrors, the progenitor of a particular bloodline
>the lower your generation, the closer you are to being a Lovecraftian monster under the control of the storyteller
>diablerie quickens the process. You lose one permanent point of humanity, and gain a unnatural feature

As a player:
>mixed WoD game. Vampires, werewolves, gargoyles, and other supernatural characters.
>most vamp characters take 8th generation background.
>player character mortality is very high due to the other players acting like murderhobos.
>one player loses a character every other session.
>killed by the Prince, and keeps throwing new characters at him.
>asks the storyteller if he can take generation 7, and Celerity 6. Offers him $20.
>storyteller accepts, rest of the group is pissed
>storyteller explains his character is probably just going to get killed this session
>ten minutes into the session he attacks the prince and gets his ass handed to him

I only played once.
Made a ravnos dude. The rules about illusions and how they worked were so flimsy that I ended up being the party's fog machine, as fog always makes for good cover.
I didn't enjoy it at all, and the ST also didn't, so the whole thing ended in two sessions.
The game is shit as far as I'm concerned.

Mage supremacy

Working on a game right now. Just trying to nail down four players- I've got 3, each one can match up with the schedule. Trying to find a 4th and female player to join the group to get another level of insight/perspective at the table. I've got a few candidates from my university, but they're rather flaky. They fell in love with the setting and were enthusiastic, and as soon as I decide to say 'let's put a schedule together' 3 out of 4 haven't replied and the fourth is avoiding me. I find it all rather odd.

I'm setting up a Chronicle which takes place in an overpopulated suburbia where the Masquerade's on a razor wire every single night now. So far, for stories, I've got 3 young neonates who were all hitmen in their mortal life trying to off each other, and the players can help one, all, or none of them. The Gangrel Anarch leader thinks he's close to achieving some sort of mythical city-state where Vampires and Humans will live in harmony ala the first two seasons of True Blood, but doesn't realize the spirits he's communicating with in the forests are an ancient aboriginal demon of great warning and change. I've got a Toreador Primogen that has been spotted in the day and has apparently achieved Golconda, everyone wants to know how and why, but she talks more like a Malkavian Methuselah now than as a Toreador. The young Ventrue Prince is blood-bonded secretly to the Tremere Regent, and neither of them know that the young Ventrue seneschal who acts as the Prince's organizer, is actually an elder of antiquity who is just having fun watching all the shit go down while waiting for North America to drain of power; due to the call of Jyhad in the East.

The Camarilla court is just a stone-throw away from a Sabbat controlled metropolis that seems to be busy with its own internal dealings and issues to further any attacks and wipe the Camarilla out entirely.

could you please not reddit space

Best game I was in the ST stole a system from some fantasy game that divided up scenes into seasons. We played a Cam game and the best part was actually being able to play politics against each other without it feeling like PvP but more like... how vampire was implied to work.

Best moment was when two players both wanted to off the Whip of the city because he was a prick and also generally liked to fuck with them (he was a Tremere). The two players actively worked against him but in secret and ended up working against each other instead. For 2 years of in-game time they played a delicate game of chess each assuming they were acting against the agents and forces of the Whip. Finally when sorted it out, they hashed out who got to kill him and one player traded the other his prize ghoul for permission to do so.

It was so much better than the supers with fangs we usually did I lost my taste for all that teenage power fantasy stuff in WW games but no gameof VtM I've been in since has ever compared to that one.

Could you please fuck off and contribute to the thread? I've been posting here for 12 fucking years now and this 'reddit spacing' garbage needs to go. They're called paragraphs. Don't you have homework to finish?

Sounds like how a proper Elders game should be played. Would like to hear what year/era that the game took place in, sounds like a lot of fun.

Tried to avoid playing a Mall Goth cartoon, ran into rules explicitly designed to prevent doing so
Tried to make a character whose stats allowed him to function an actual person rather than an 18 Strength 6 Intelligence DnD character and got destroyed in every form of competitive roll due to the absolute nonsense defensive roll scaling
Lost humanity for killing someone in anger with a gun like some kind of freakish, abominable, irredeemable, could-never-be-mistaken-for-a-human monster

Yeah. Larp and tabletop both.

We were playing revised I think. We started the game in 1945 in New York City but we didn't handle the politics well with the system changes so we got run out of NYC after trying to violence the problem and the Anarchs sold us out to the prince because we kept drawing attention to them. We had to take up shelter in Albany NY. We stayed there until about 1980 and then made a push back into NYC after the 70's decimated it. We quickly took up positions on the Prince's council despite being ancillae because of our great personal power and also because the new Prince just so happened to be a person we sheltered in Albany against the previous Prince.

During the 80's we went mad with power and tried to go full on vampire social engineering which ended up getting my character staked on top of the empire state building and left out for the sun by some angry Ventrue with no sense of humor when I messed too much with their rich mortal retainers.

After that I stayed on in the game helping the ST, occasionally running NPCs for him and adding another dimension to the politics of the PC's adversaries. I also occasionally jumped in as one of the other PC's ghouls or something too. I didn't mind at all because for once I was invested in the game and not just my character or what they could do. It was fantastic.

Never, but If I ever do, run or play, I'd like to play something like pic related

Thanks for ruining /wodg/

There we fucking go.

Don't even start, mages are one of the weakest splats and get curb stomped by almost everyone. The only - slightly - useful power they have is Forces 9 and they must use it in a disgustingly delightful way to even stand a chance. If you're that desperate might as well use Matter 5 to create Antimatter and destroy the entire universe.

Please use matter and make yourself some bleach to drink

Mage players are barely above Fera players in the WoD player hierarchy of shit

I like this thread

>vampfag blaming the magefags for crimes they did not commit

Pretty sure it was a single incredulous Caine fanboy that took down the general.

Dang, that’s how it’s done. I hate the superfang shit too. It’s even worse in Werewolf and Mage.

Currently playing in this one:
The Nos where in charge of New York City when suddenly they disappeared, leaving Tremere in charge. My group we're basically made up of the newest vampires in the city so we got tasked with finding the Nos. We had to go ask a seer in Chinatown, and almost got killed by the Chinese vampires and that lead us to a museum, where we came face to face with the monsters hunting the Nosferatu. We barely escaped when we found the head of the Nosferatu. He said that the monsters were sent by the Tremere, and he was planning on regaining his throne. We reported back and fulfilled our duty and the Prince was going to declare a Blood Hunt on the whole Nosferatu clan but then the Brujah in our group convinced the Prince to let us hunt the monsters and find out who actually sent them.

As far as my character, I'm a Malkavian who must speak in rhymes or suffer massive headaches (Extreme OCD/schizophrenia) and I am setting up the Harpy to become the next Prince as she is logical and not a blood thirsty psycho or coward like the other two options for Prince are.

>b-b-but cainefag started it!!!! Why won’t he just submit to the 50 pages of rules I post in every thread?????

Not a SINGLE one, no. I haven't been on there in months.

Magefags couldn't accept they are shit and so is their splat and killed /wodg/ for it.

well yes mage is THE shit

vampire is just shit

This is a vampire thread, not a mage thread. Go fuck off, magfag.

Been in a few games.

Mages are shit dude, by the time they get powerful enough to try to stand their own against the other splats they already were banned from Consensual reality and cannot go back to Earth without being eaten and shat out by Paradox like the shit they are.

Where do you think vampires even learned their powers from?

Let’s get this thread back on track.

What are other ways to maintain a Vampire game’s focus on politics aside from setting up each scene as a season?

If you didn't enjoy the role and the ST didn't either, why didn't you just stop doing it?

>Trying to find a 4th and female player to join the group to get another level of insight/perspective

>crossover party
Why didn’t the werewolf player just be Gangrel?

>Not knowing about the Grand Adventures of Stinky Stan

It's like you never were in the WoDg

The Tremere might be true, since they were mages who turned themselves into vampires, but the rest got it from Cain.

>wodg is worth being a part of

>implying mages still on earth can't one shot elders

Reminder that CofD > OWoD

The entire general consisted of a single sperg who couldn't handle seeing Caine get his keester handed to him.

Needles to say, it was a horrendous display.

There are spergs on both sides, the issue being that both versions of Mage are played exclusively by spergs and wodg became the domain of the archspergs

I played in a short NWoD campaign, maybe 5 sessions. Our 'coterie' included:
>Ventrue with money, status, a silver tongue, and a glass jaw
>Brujah, the Ventrue's bodyguard who spoke softly and carried a big stake, our main bruiser
>Malkavian who pulled off Bipolar well and was a real team-player, trying to resist their madness whenever possible and being apologetic when it got the better of them
>Gangrel with Protean 3 and a desire to ruin our campaign
>Toreador gunslinger with a head injury. My character.

I don't have many good stories, the campaign was pretty 'paint-by-numbers' politics and faffing about with the occasional fight against Hunters. The one good moment came when the Gangrel inevitably betrayed our party for no reason. We'd just fought a bunch of Hunters and took a few hits, and that's when he decided to use Feral Claws to slice up the Brujah. The big guy survived the first hit and managed to back off while the Malkavian threw a knife at the traitor and I shot at him a few times with my pistol. Celerity 3 is a hell of a drug. The bastard survived our attacks and used Earth Meld to burrow into the ground, healing up and shouting that he was sorry, it had just been a joke. The Ventrue wasn't buying it so he ordered my character to deal with the traitor while they headed back to town. The GM asked the Gangrel player to leave the room for a few minutes, and after he left the GM asked me what I wanted to do.

We were in the middle of nowhere and the guy wasn't digging back out of there anytime soon so I drove my character's car next to where he'd burrowed down and got some stuff out of the back. Specifically, a fist-sized block of C4 and a remote detonator. I set it up above where he'd burrowed, covered the car in a black tarp with a small hole in the front mirror, and slept. When I woke up the next sunset I shifted over into the seat with the hole and watched. The GM brought the Gangrel player back in, told him that he just woke up, and the Gangrel player said he wanted to burrow up out of the dirt and make a break for it. Unfortunately for him I had Auspex 1, so when he poked his head out of the dirt I saw immediately and detonated the C4. The GM invoked the Chunky Salsa rule and the Gangrel player started getting red in the face and protested what had just happened. He got so upset that the GM kindly asked him to leave, then insisted, then threatened to call the cops. The guy left and, apparently, pissed on the side of our GM's house on his way out.

That campaign's the only time I played Vampire. Not for lack of interest, just because I moved away shortly after and nobody plays Vampire in my new hometown except LARPers who don't speak English.

>>implying mages still on earth can't one shot elders

If the mage is aware of the vampire and the vampire is aware of the mage, the Elder can force any mage to crawl out of the shithole he's hiding in with Presence's Summon to be picked apart like a ragdoll, or make them into his personal bitch-slave with Dominate.

Mages are SHIT

I give you 4/10 for effort.

No effort needed when there are hundreds of ways the vampire could slaughter the mage lul

no, mate.

>friction curse. lawn chair rote. sunlight.
mage wins.

If you say so.

>hundreds of ways the vampire could slaughter the mage

It's almost like you think the Disciplines aren't static in function.

yes, lad.

>cannot cast rituals that take several days when you have to "rush to the vampire, doing anything to get to her"

>bonus points if the mage has correspondence (which he must, if he wants to stand a chance), because then the mage ends forced to teleport to the elder

vampire wins

Nothing feels better than throwing the full weight of the Elder's six-dots-or-more backgrounds against a mage

sorry, mage already prepped defenses using mind beforehand

oh noes, hung spells, vampire tries to summon but spontaneously combusts miles away

It took three dots of Correspondence to kill an Antediluvian when three Bodhisattvas couldn't do it on their own.

:^)

what part of "the whole thing ended in two sessions" is hard to understand

He's implying Lilith was a primordial mage as is speculated.

so Caine was turned into what he was by a mage :^) how can Cainelets ever recover?

>Playing VtM with 3 longtime D&D players.
>Try to impress onto them the Masquerade and the seriousness of not revealing Kindred to humanity.
>Playing Brujah, Tremere and Ventrue.
>Go into a crowded beach bar in Miami where they're supposed to spy on a Gangrel Anarch who is causing trouble.
>Find Gangrel talking to rival Toreador of the Brujah player.
>Brujah player willingly succumbs to Frenzy.
>Throws a pool table overhead style onto Toreador.
>Yanks 2 barstools that are bolted to the floor from their moorings and proceeds to beat the Toreador to final death while getting shot by her 2 ghouls.
>Tremere has an oh shit moment as the bar begins to panic and throws up a Walk of Flame, igniting the bar.
>Ventrue Dominates the ghouls into shooting each other.
>literally dozens of witnesses running, some on fire, from the bar.
>Gangrel manages to Fort up and make it through the door despite getting dropped to half pool from the Tremere's Cauldron of Blood.
>Ventrue unslings her sawed off shotgun with dragons breath rounds and shoots the Gangrel in the back in the streets.
>Fucking turns to ash in front of 100s of snapping cell phones and gawking faces.

Just another day of Vampire.

When we did seasons for scenes if anything super important happened we did a focused scene where it was like a normal one. Also gave people a chance to stretch their crunch muscles and use their disciplines in a more direct way. Wouldn't recommend pure seasons as scenes the whole time. Feels too detached.

speculation != canon

Lilith is also said to have have become an Elohim-incarnate and the mistress of God lul

Yeah because according to V20 she was the fist Awakened and Ascended and came back to teach other witches and mages.

Lilith's magic stirred the untapped potential that was always within Caine. We'll actually never know whether or not she was a mage or an oracle as the Verbena believe.

No. She 'awakened' Caine to the Disciplines. He has previous curses attributed to God.

He learned the staking method from the Crone.

Book/Page?

>He learned the staking method from the Crone.

Along with the Blood Bond.

The Black Hand page 70

When will it be safe to make a new general?

Never. Even the "chad werewolves knotting magefags" shitposters were driven off.

wheres the wod general?
im in desperate need for a non shit scan of the transylvania chronicles!

It was destroyed in an ungodly battle between vampires and wizards.

Nothing was left behind.

Dude i fucking need those scans

>Group of friends is resurrecting a VtM game they played almost a decade ago, before I'd met any of them
>Invite me along
>Get these ideas of badass Brujahs, getting hype to play
>Get there, find out they invited me mostly to fill the roll of an ex-friend of theirs to play the face, something I hate doing
>Oh
>Oh, okay. You wanna play like that? We'll play like that.
>Roll a Ravnos
>Give him the most stereotypical Indian accent, and the Enchanting Voice proficiency to top it off
>Dump ALL my points into social, take a few dots in Path of Fire and Chimestry
>I am become Moqhaddam Querreshi, Hindu Mystic, Destroyer of plots, and gambling addict

>Long-ass Chronicle with the Coterie working overtly against the Sabbat, while I infiltrate and feed them information
>The ST is pulling his hair out trying to give me something to challenge me
>Combats almost never stick, because I always have some batshit excuse to send my would-be attackers running after their "target"
>What few combats I do get into turn into a game of "Throw a fireball at something flammable, fuck off while they Rotschrek"
>Finally reach the penultimate: the High Priest of the local Sabbat is dead by the Party's hand
>I have enough support, I step into the role readily
>ST is giddy, thinking he's going to have some people lining up to diablerize me and finally kill me
>First act as supreme leader: all-out assault on the Camarilla Prince
>Collective Wut from ST and the coterie
>Rally the troops, talk a big game about how the Prince isn't expecting us to strike so soon after the Priest's death
>Coterie thinks I've betrayed them, right up until I get a private moment, call them up, and tell them exactly where to expect the Sabbat forces
>Lead my supporters to their doom, seal the doors, let the Camarilla slaughter them to a man
>Voluntarily fail the Humanity check for killing so many people who thought I'd lead them to glory
>Flawless Victory

And that's how I got banned from running Faces.

Give gilded cage a read

>pruned
Ok

what the fuck are you doing

some things are better off dead

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Mage the Awakening. The magic is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical magicks most of the spells will go over a typical player's head. There's also Mage's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into its characterisation - its personal philosophy draws heavily from Gnostic literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these spells, to realize that they're not just OP they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Mage the Awakening truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Mage's existencial catchphrase "A Storytelling game of modern sorcery," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as DaveB's genius unfolds itself on their ST screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Aldous tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Just book mark the pastebin.

Well thats where i got the shit scan from :(

That is presented in the perspective of the Bahari in the same vein other stories are given by an unreliable narrator, one of dozens of 'origin' tales out there. If you analyze it closely in no way it says she is even Awakened nor Ascended, it in fact makes her exist apart of them, predating even Avatars (and therefore True Magick™ as we know it):

"The Goddess has used these paths to visit these Pure Ones, who loved and persecuted her in turn. Against Lilith’s resistance, the Pure Ones eventually shattered, imbuing humanity with their divine potential."

Pure Ones were never defined, though among other things have been suggested to be the beings spawned by the cosmic force known as Prime, God, or actually were the ancient mages who Ascended long ago and who now seek to aid modern mages etc... What the tale says is that Lilith (here called the Goddess) conflicted with the Pure Ones (whether they were Ascended Mages, entities spawned by the the cosmic force Prime, or by God for that matter, which make them Elohim). Out of the conflict with Lilith the Pure Ones shattered (becoming Avatars) and imbued humanity with magick.

So whos JWH?

I doubt there's a none shit scan if that one in the pastebin was shit. You could try and pdf share threads

unfortunate

Hey what are you gonna do. You could make requests or just buy the book yourself once you have the dosh.

I'd have to import it i guess. Living in germany has its disadvantages when you want to play games that are not dsa

sorry, the vampire already prepped defenses and was using Elemental Form, he is "largely impervious to harm" and only takes "one unsoakable level of bashing damage each turn that the form is disrupted in any significant way"

oh noes, vampire's presence rating is heigher than the mage's mind rating, his mind shield won't work (as per masters of the art) and he's forced to teleport to the vampire instantly

oh noes, elemental form means jack shit

oh noes, he somehow knows that he'll even be spontaneously combusted

oh noes, that only works for archspheres

oh noes, it only took forces 4 to kill an antediluvian

oh noes, you're retarded

How is Vampire the Masquerade? Local book store has a bunch of 2nd edition books used for very cheap (they are overly green. i think thats 2nd) I heard its rules are similar to Shadowrun. Is that true? When i learned Shadowrun i nearly pulled all my hair out and i really dont want go through that again.

>it only took forces 4 to kill an antediluvian

Correspondence 3

I tried, but the community kinda turned me off from the game. Everyone I talked with fell into one of two camps, either the sort of autist you see in this very thread right here or the stereotypical goth dress in all black kid who never really got over their scene phase. I'm sure there are some very decent folk out there but so far finding them seems more trouble then its worth.

Not at all

>oh noes, elemental form means jack shit
oh noes, it means he can resist as many attacks as you can possibly throw at him in a single turn, for as many turns as he has blood points to heal an insignificant level of bashing

oh noes, it isn't like the vampire has lived for hundreds of years and has had opportunity to size mages' strengths and weakenesses, it wasn't like it was the vampire that summoned the mage and expected him to appear instantly for a fight

>oh noes, that only works for archspheres
oh noes, it doesn't, not according to both Vampire Storytellers Handbook and Mage Storytellers Handbook (not that Masters of the Art specifically said it only worked against Archspheres, this is a house rule of yours)

>oh noes, it only took forces 4 to kill an antediluvian
oh noes, it only took a 4th generation 1300 years old vampire (whom 700+ years were spent in slumber), greatly weakened by the Withering, to learn mankind's True Name and enchant every human being and every formerly human or part-human creature (yes this includes mages, magefags), through Tzimisce becoming One with All Life.

oh noes, you're fag and the vampire wins

oh jeez, I see now that you're intentionally being a retard

good job

thanks, the mage still loses tho :^)

Listen idiot. We've been at this for over a year. Mages win. They've always won. Why else would this meme have been so pervasive since 93' and destroy proper discussion?

Stop trolling and move over to the new thread. No Mage supremacy so far.

Are you the mong that got attacked by a quarter of the thread for assuming that every vampire is omniscient? I think so.

>Vampire Storytellers Handbook
>Mage Storytellers Handbook
Work slightly differently and both are optional.

Nothing indicating Zapathasura couldn't have resisted XD
It only took corr 3 to kill him XD
vampires are awful at fighting

Too bad Zapathasura had only been awaken for two days and was still shrugging the sleep of ages. Half of the clans/bloodlines have ways to protect themselves against sunlight or have outright immunity to it (such as with Thaumaturgy), what do then?

relying on contradictory writing to support your claims. XD
he died to Union satellites XDXD
almost died to nuclear bombs too according to week of nightmares XD

Zapathasura was one of the founders of Fortitude and *still* died to sunlight, user.

Sunlight kickstarted by science-wizards.

You may not like it, but this is all quite canon.

>almost died to nuclear bombs too according to week of nightmares
Spirit Bombs. One of the reasons why lowerworld got torn up and instigated the Avatar Storm.

Originally they intended to simply fry him using the aforementioned satellites but the three Bodhisattvas intervened and blocked the sunlight using weather manipulation.

The nuclear blasts killed all three and nearly ended the Antediluvian. The sunlight finished the rest.

There were also werewolves involved, but people seem to ignore that part?