Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

"There is no knowledge that is not power." - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Learning is half the battle Edition

Previous Thread: Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DrRainbowhat
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for Aelves soup

What are you working on /aosg/?

Still these guys. All I wanna do is go home and paint

How bad of an idea would it be to bring back the old Dwarf army in a GA Order list? Fyreslayers for the hammer, Dispossessed for the anvil, and then some gyrocopters or a cannon or something.

All this dwarfposting is giving me ideas.

Create the most of original of units

I feel you user. I'm stuck at work for at least another hour.

Lexicanum needs your help getting everything up-to-date with Age of Sigmar. Join us today and helps us make a great lore database.

looks like a deathcast eternal

Do you think that recycling armies (Pestilens, FEC, BCR, Seraphon) and recycling+ (Ironjawz, Sylvaneth) will get anything new anytime soon like this year?

ITT: We give playstyles to legacy armies that have no rules

>Ironweld Arsenals
>Warmachines everywhere
>AoS Admech

>Collegiate Arcane
>all the Bretonnian units became wizards
>the peasants are test objects

>Aelfs
>you can play them

>Dispossessed
>you have to shave your neckbeard

>disposessed get named heroes, the ghosts of their ancestors
>the posessed

>DoK
>You can sacrifice your own models near terrains to change them into DoK altars with buffs and shit
>Enemy units killed near altars make the buff even better

Well, considering that Maggotkin technically are a recycling army...

Also, since they're about to release a Moonclan model, yes, I think they will.

Is Slaanesh gone?

No

For now.

Was considering something like this, for an idea? Try and do the best of both armies, see what comes out. I'm not massively competitive so it'd be mostly for funsies.

Allegiance: Order
Auric Runefather (80)
- General
- Trait: Legendary Fighter
- Artefact: Relic Blade
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
Runelord (80)

20 x Vulkite Berzerkers (240)
- War-Picks & Slingshields
10 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (200)
- Poleaxes
20 x Warriors (160)
- Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields
Gyrobombers (80)
Gyrobombers (80)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 76

I'm trying to build a 2000pts list with 3 BCR Start Collecting boxes. I can still add up to 160pts of allies. Any ideas? I can fit a unit of leadbelchers or an ironblaster. Or maybe I should use a battalion?

Allegiance: Beastclaw Raiders
Huskard on Thundertusk (380)
- General
- Blood Vulture
- Trait: Everwinter's Master
- Artefact: The Pelt of Charngar
Butcher (140) (the third stonehorn kit conversion)
- Allies

4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers

Stonehorn Beastriders (360)

Total: 1840 / 2000
Allies: 140 / 400
Wounds: 103

Generally you want to put your heroes on Stonehorns because both want to be in melee, and Beastriders on Thundertusks because they want to sit back and shoot.

he was turned into morathi's play thing after Teclis and Malekith got done making him puke up all the elf souls

Can Wanderers succesfully take down a BCR army competently?

I heard that stonehorn are shit after the stone skeleton errata. Wouldn't be better to run both on thundertusks?

Zandri dust looks good, it's what I did for my gore gruntas. Something like zandri dust base, then a heavy agrax wash, then drybrushing a few times to lighten it back up. Go super light on selective areas of the fur to give them a bit of variey. Can't remember the exact colours but I ripped it straight from the How to Pain Ironjawz pdf.

They're not shit, they're just not immortal any more. They'll still kill almost anything they get in their charge range (which is huge because they can run+charge and reroll charge)

Thundertusks are good at sniping heroes but
a) They suck against horde armies. 6 mortal wounds is a light tickle to blocks of 30+ models, especially if they have some way to mitigate wounds (like Vulkites, death units, ressurecting dryads, etc.). Stonehorns wreck big blocks of dudes.
b) Without Stonehorns threatening the frontline your opponent can easy focus fire your thundertusks because you dont have good target saturation.

BCR arent a top tier army any more so don't expect to roll over people effortlessly like last season

>tfw if these are real, they along with morchai will cause me to start investing in a Death army I don't have time for
I shouldn't even come to these threads anymore

Can you post a pic of your piggies?

If this is a tomb king re-release then I will be stoked

Good to know. Are there any reasons why I should run beastriders rather than another huskard?

Seraphon have the most unit variety this side of Stormcast, so I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd kill to at least get a couple more units for Fireslayers and Ironjawz, at the very least to bring them in line with Sylvaneth - those two are basically monobuilds, and more unit variety could do wonders to mix up their mechanics

Pestilens and FEC are going to be ignored forever though

Looks great. Do you have a DA profile or imgur gallery with AoS stuff?

Can you post the chaos warrior again?

Kiwi pre-orders are up.

While Greenskinz might be absolute dogshit, the idea of running them as kunnin orks dressing up like humies to trick Chaos inta trying to krump 'em definitely has its appeal. I remember someone talked a while back about doing a golden Ironjawz army with a fuckton of Stormcast bits to have orcs doing more or less the same thing: trick Chaos into thinking they're up against some puny humies while instead they're trying to jump some boyz looking for a rumble.

Dunno if I'd just want to use actual Ironweld warmachines and crew them with goblins in place of dwarves or actually go from the Kromlech shit. But either way, I'd be dropping a fat wad of a dose on Empire peacock feathers. Or maybe just use it as an excuse to learn to use greenstuff better, as I'd probably be using it to make landschneckt hats anyway.

I had to clean it up and yeah I do this links to my blog as well. twitter.com/DrRainbowhat

He's not done just yet, I wanna add details and chaos energy.

>entirely non-GW models
Why not just play that game then?

I would. KoW has twice the presence in my town as AoS, and I already have a Dwarf army. One of the people that I play Infinity with is still clinging to AoS, so I thought it'd be a nice way to kill two birds with one stone. I get an Orc army for KoW, and I get a Freeguild army to play with a friend.

>landschneckt
lel

Hello mr Mignola

He is an inspiration of mine yeah

I mean, I'm terrible, and never got around to doing the final highlights for these guys, but the idea is sound

I see and I have to admit you have talent user

I like it - with a bright drybrush it might look good. I want to stick with a base colour that can be bought as spray paint so zandri dust should do the trick here

What do the armies look like at your gaming club? What do they play?

would this stack with the plaguebearers cloud of flies for -4 to hit in shooting?

I like them. My snail farmer is going to have some cute pups

Beasts with Horticulus seem to be pretty fucking terrifying. Any Nurgle Daemon Hero increases their damage by one and Snailboy himself lets them reroll charges and hit rolls of 1. They are also hilariously tough and, for Nurgle, quite fast as well.

Q: Will we find out what Nagash did to the captured Lord-Celestant?
A: I don't want to give too much away as it will be a massive spoiler as to what is coming. But Nagash has been tinkering with the Stormcast, often with their process of reforging energies

All memes aside, its happening right?

Is it worth to buy the Blightwar box and Nurgle start collecting and run plague drones as beasts of nurgle? Drones are great for conversions so it should be easy to make them look good enough

>Just endlessly Retreating and Charging turn after turn for a 50/50 chance of 1d3 mortal wounds to any and all enemy units within 3"
How fitting for a Nurgle unit to be so cancerous.

DEATHCAST
ETERNALS

Cheers user. Some day I'll dust everything off and finish the dudes

Will he manage to protect his purity of spirit from the shadow-aelfen-slaaneshi-incestous-murder-snek-matriarchy?

Reminder that there are retards in this thread who do not play both WHFB and AoS.

Why would I? I used to play fantasy for years (never liked it much but I like to collect models) and after 2 years of playing AoS I just can not enjoy playing WHFB anymore

Even better: This activates once per *unit* of Beasts, so just grab half a dozen solitary Beasts for six times the MW cancer.

Only if you have a very good idea of how you want to convert them. I tried that but the first of those Beasts looked so godawful that now I have two Drones lying around that I don't know what to do with.

Or rather, didn't know what to do with. Tomorrow I'll check whether I can fit a Chaos Knight's legs on their backs to make my own Lord of Affliction.

>tfw not playing either anymore and just here for fun of non-shitposting nature

And as I said, check out the how to paint doc - they make it look swish

honestly, GW should release some heroes for the old battletome, like they do for malign portent
it would make the players feel still invested in the AoS universe, without dealing with who know how long realeases
and when i say old BT, i think of both reboxing factions like FEC and BCR, and KO
everyone need love except stormcast. Honestly i like the fluff, but their miniatures are jsut so FAT

I really want that second Khorne Warband.

would you be fine with allies ?
moonclan gobs are cheap, and would help you holding objective against hordes
a 80 gobs unit is surprisingly durable, for only 560 pts with a shaman to cast mystic shield

>didn't know what to do with
I saw a quite easy way to convert them. Don't glue wings - just turn over the body and glue legs. Then glue the plaguebearer's head to the end of the drone's trunk and it's ready. I can not fuckin find a pic of this conversion but it looked like the alien from the "the thing" movie

it seems that aelves are more or less to be expected in the recent months, what kind of army/units are you expecting ?

I want a Scryer Elias model.

Snake Aelves.
Deep Aelves.

>would you be fine with allies ?
Yes, t-that's what I asked about user.
>moonclan gobs are cheap, and would help you holding objective against hordes
Yeah, but they are not an option for BCR. I was thinking about gutbusters grots but the BCR user tried it and they done poorly

having three pups jumping in and out of combat seems like a hilarious riot of good times. Im looking forward to trying it out.

Definitely sounds better than what I had planned: a limbless rot fly body crawling on the ground with a slime trail behind it and a cordyceps-like fungus growth made of Spawn parts breaking out of the chitin.

could be like this

but who knows, might be anything.

>the "must be aelves" custodes rumour removed
It's like poetry

>look at me making fun of people arent i clever

The idea of having big names for your lore is really appealing.

I rarely use named stuff unless it is a big game or we are going for a narrative but the idea of heavy hitters like Thorgim and Grombrindal being around is nice.

Since they all died though all we got is random jobber #2 who is probably a badass but having some past account of their great deeds would be neat.

>His gentle feelings
>Trampled

He's too innocent for the battlefield

He doesn't need to fight, he can just watch.

Does he browse /aosg/ with his humble fire?

While looking it up, there's also someone that made them out of the fly bodies but instead turned them into Warcraft-style sand worms. Fittingly hideous while still keeping a nice bug aesthetic.

>still trying too hard
maybe next time

>Baby don't hurt me

>Even the mini-alfrostun battalion is now too expensive for 2000pts games
JUST

Huskard on Stonehorn (380)
- General
- Blood Vulture
- Trait: Everwinter's Master
- Artefact: The Pelt of Charngar
Frostlord on Thundertusk (460)

2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers
Stonehorn Beastriders (360)

Olwyr Alfrostun (220)
Eurlbad (160)

Total: 2060 / 2000
Wounds: 73

>tfw undivided mono slaves to darkness player
>no new model range in sight for the next ten years
Just squat us already

You have 9 units, 9 heroes, 3 battalions, allegiance abilities and with mark of chaos you can run your army in 5 different ways. Hell, you can even use BoK, DoT and MoN abilities iirc

katophranes faction

Golly! It's almost as though those bullshit battalions aren't meant for Matched games under 2500 points.

>a limbless rot fly body crawling on the ground with a slime trail behind it and a cordyceps-like fungus growth made of Spawn parts breaking out of the chitin
Sounds great but it isn't the baby first conversion idea for sure.

>Use forbidding twice in one sentence.

C'mon - with current meta it's not even this good. I wanted to use it just for the fluff reasons. On the other hand Ironjawz can use the ironfist in 1000pts games

Bump? Bad idea? Change the units up?

Fuck off, you have a full army of units and heroes, battalions, and plenty of allies. StD are in an amazing spot as far as support goes, compared to other Legacy armies. Plus, you have actually list diversity which is something that most Legacy armies would kill for.

True, but something along the lines of should be doable. It's basically just Drones chopped in half and then held up with greenstuff and marbles in the shape of variable-lengths of worm-tube-body.

How many heroes -should- I run at 1000 points for scenarios where only heroes can cap points? 2?

?

2-3 is plenty if you can get them there.

what kind of army would that be?

Bro just use plague toads

Another new player looking to play BCR, the buff huskards on thundertusks can give seem pretty good, are they worth taking over beastriders?

theyre supposed to be cute and playful not tyranid Frankensteins.