>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZBI77q35hHk
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/18/moonclan-grots-made-easy/
youtube.com/watch?v=9LD3NKlS55g
youtu.be/YFj_v1DrLDc
crusaderminiatures.com/prod.php?prod=864&cat=5&sub=60&page=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Been away awhile.

How do I access whether or not my old paint pots are still good and/or resuscitate them? It's a mix of GW and army painter from 2011/12.

Since last thread an user posted his Inquisitor I thought I'd share mine alongside some acolytes I've been working on.

Assembling Marines for Horus Heresy, have quite a few more to go.

Just got done stripping all my guardsmen, will be priming a Valkyrie and conducting repairs on another one. Still need to finish my tanks, too.

What's the best way to use Vallejo surface primer? I don't have an airbrush, and painting it on seems to be very streaky. It works like a dream, though, I'll give it that.

reposting, but crimson wash and blood for the blood god mixed together works wonders

How much is a Alpha Legion Dreadnought worth?
Found one on a local site, but I'm unsure if I should jump on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZBI77q35hHk
GUO paint video is up. Looks like Duncan has been watching My 600 Lb Life for reference, those legs sores are nasty

Tips on how to paint eyes properly? My results are hit or miss: sometimes they're good, other times I end up with a fucking streak on my Guardsmans face. I use a very fine tip brush

Making some Space Wolves Intercessors, any thoughts on any more easy things I could kitbash on Veeky Forums?

Pic related

Finished a second infantry squad last weekend, thinking I'll build another scout sentinel this weekend.

Might not include the roll cage this time, I had a fucken nightmare about what it's going to be like painting the dude inside the first one.

After that, going to build some characters, a company commander (I might make an alternative model of him riding a cyborg horse... I just really want to!), a commisar, and an ogryn bodyguard with stormcast parts to make him look like he's on loan from the ecclesia rhythm.

"This is Brother Thudoneus. He is embued with a clarity of spirit. He passes judgement on the Emperor's enemies, and the verdict is always the same: guilty!"

Drill the bolter hole!

Also, green stuff is an easy way to make fur.

I do my eyes early. I find it's easier to be a little messy with some extra room then cleaning up the surrounding area. Apply your white to the pupil area. Make sure you don't gloop white on here otherwise you get glaring monster eyes. For the black make sure your paint consistency is in no way runny. Control is vital at this part. Using an up and down stroke apply a line across your white where you want the pupil. Start a little above the eye and go all the way past it if you have too. It is much easier to clean up the surrounding area after. From there it's just tons of practice.

two methods:

paint the eyes black and then do white dots at the sides to better center the pupil, or

paint the eyes white and then do the dots with a 3mm micro marker pen.
these were done with pen

Thanks for the advice. I'll strip, prime, and try again on the Guardsman I was working on, and try that

I'll try this with another Guardsman I have sitting around. Thanks for the advice

It depends.

If I'm doing a 28mm human, I don't normally bother. They'll never come out looking quite right, and people rarely notice.

If I'm doing an ork, daemon, or something with a larger eye, I usually just paint them one single color with some white in the middle, or a single black line going vertically.

So does he never thin the washes? Way back when they were first released half a decade ago, I aways used to thin them down but Duncan never seems to do that.

Right? But they seem perfectly thin when he uses them. I've personally never used GW shades but I do thin down my Army Painter ones a bit, just with a bit of water though. Might just be the magic of the Dunc

in some videos he does add lahmian medium to washes

I probably wouldn't even pay $10 for that.
It's so caked in primer, legs glued backwards and either its an obvious recast or its just got so much flash shit stuck to it.

this is liam he likes music. how did I do?

The new GW paints are usually already pretty thin, so unless you want a more subtle wash, you can generally skip thinning them yourself.

i like it, nice purple

armour is nice, skins nice, all the cables need a bit more attention though

Just chopping out ideas for the colour scheme I discussed in the thread the other day. The Mournfangs will probably be less muddy-looking, with patterns in their fur. Figures should be arriving early next week, I'm itching to get going. Hope I make the deadline.

I was thinking of painting the cables different blues and reds

>"What are *you* working on?"

Finishing my Start collecting Orks kit I got back in October.

Painting them in the Evil Sunz style, lots of red with yellow designs.

Bretonnian knights wip

almost finished working on my blood angel tactical guy, and my tau fire warrior, first two models i've painted, pretty happy with them so far

Get your paints just a little bit thinner on your future models, and maybe let them dry in a place thats just a bit less dusty. Aside from that, get you a highlight on the marine and it will be looking nice.

nice

How do I make painting night gobbos more interesting?

Drybrushing grey over black for robes is too mainstream.

Do you need to thin shades down in water? Can I just shade over the entire mini or should I try to follow the recesses only?

it kind of looks like you just got base colors on there.
Literally anything else would make these more interesting.
Some highlights, a bit of shading etc.
If you want something more interesting for the robes I'd suggest using blues or at least greys with a blue tinge in them for highlighting.
Night gobbos are tiny, you can highlight them pretty quickly by hand, so I'd say the payoff in quality over time invested with regular highlighting vs drybrushing is definitely worth the extra effort.

>Do you need to thin shades down in water?
No, but you can.
>Can I just shade over the entire mini or should I try to follow the recesses only?
Yes to both. Depends on what you are after. Painting over the whole is gonna tint the underlying color, whereas just focusing on the recesses is gonna sharpen the details up.

For example an ork skin painted in medium brown, highlighted with yellow that receives a green wash all over will be tinted green.
If you are painting large flat surfaces like a tank, drowning that in a wash is gonna look messy, so you'll probably want to only paint the wash into panel lining and around nuts and bolts.

>But they seem perfectly thin when he uses them.

So, you're asking why, when Our Living Saint does something miraculous, that the same miracle does happen by your hand? I find your lack of faith disturbing.

O-okay.

How do I achieve a nice blue robe? I primed all 40 of these bitches black.

reading my post back it sounds a bit stand-offish.
Not my intention.

I just meant you could highlight black with blue.
Kind of like how dark eldar armor is black highlighted with dark teal. You don't change the overall color, just shift the perception a bit.

Saint Duncan bless my brush

They look lost

How would you guys achieve this metallic effect? Silver metal bade coat and then mix of green and blue washes several times, or is there something else at play here?

They may have used the gemstone paints.

i'm not sure if it's done there or not but another way to get coloured metallics is to use 'ghost tint' paints over a metallic base

If I want to fill in details, is Liquid Green Stuff my best bet? I'm looking to remove khornate symbols from Bloodreavers

What is a ghost tint paint?
I never even thought of that, I'm gonna try that out on another model or something

Probably a very bright metal mix, perhaps with white mixed in, and some washes. I did a similar thing to give my Grey Knights a blue-gray metallic armor

Ah! Just a note: The shoulder pad and helmet you used on the Fire Warrior are meant for the Breacher Team (Blaster dudes), not Strike Team (Rifle/Carbine dudes). Just making sure you know and that you're ok with that / it's intentional.

It is pretty good but it dries rough, so you'll need to touch it up afterwards.

Thinking about doing a quartered scheme of Brazen Claws for my Primaris Marines this evening, any tips on how to get a clean quartered scheme with lines down the middle of very curved and busy surfaces like the helmet and chest of the marines?

git gud, it's all about brush controll. Also paint the brighter part of the scheme first, it'll be easier to correct mistakes

Ok, I'll give it a shot tomorrow, try painting some of the Intercessors first.

warhammer-community.com/2017/12/18/moonclan-grots-made-easy/

Better late than never, eh /WIP?

I have been out of town since mid-December, and only got back last night. Imagine my surprise at this mighty box that was left for me!

1/3

Am i autistic for bothering to paint the inside of my Stormraven? Everyone i know glues the doors shut but i cant stomach the idea.

First off, I cannot express just how warm and fuzzy this gift makes me feel. I really appreciate the thought and effort that you put into this, Orlando-Kun. Thank you for your concern about the fires and other natural disasters than constantly plague LA, I hope that everyanon received their gifts without incident.

2/3

I'm actually not a big 40k guy either, so the included Reaper minis is greatly appreciated. I actually play Chaos in WHFB, so more chaos warriors is always appreciated! I can always use another book, so that's prefect too.

I have the other sculpt of the orc slayer, so having another is great. I also have that irongrave knight in metal, so having another one lets me paint him up to match my Khorne dudes.

You did mention the receipt, and normally I wouldn't ask, but the guys at my local GW are douchebags, and I would love to turn some of this into a bloodthirster.

All in all, this was the best gift I received over the season, and I am grateful and humbled by your overwhelming generosity.

Thanks, Glendale-Kun.

3/3

Honestly so happy with this kit.

you're autistic as soon as you start painting toy soliders. Keep doing it though, it looks great.

damn, people were really generous for the santa thing

>all that beautiful painted detail never to be seen again

it's an abstract feel user

How heavy is it?

make a hinge at the door and put a magnet in to keep it closed. That way you can open it up whenever you feel like it.

This.
I plan on doing that for my Valkyrie. Just gotta hit up a hobby shop for some magnets.

It's hollow.
The folds hide the assembly points, some of the pieces hooking underneath the other plates of flesh to hide assembly points.

It has two hinged doors already, one in the front and rear.

Shame. I was hoping we'd get another improvised weapon like the old metal Hellcannon

Clever, but it looses bonus bludgeoning damage against skeletal enemies.

Get the GUO from FW.
Virtually the same size, solid resin cast.

The hole underneath is gaping enough to take on a full size primaris marine.
Very realistic.

>doxxing your secret santa
Kek

First experiment with greenstuff other than repositioning limbs or filling gaps.

Current plan is to cover his entire left side/arm with Princess Mononoke-like tumortentacle, ending in a big ol' fly talon (converted from a carnifex scything talon)

Any tips on how I can make it look less shit?

From the back. three holes are going to be big sores/wounds in the center of the tumors, which all snake away from them to the rest of the body (circle near wing goes towards neck/head, other top circle goes to chest and bicep, bottom circle goes down torso and tricep)

Chapter Master Smashfucker rides again!!!

When's the best time to apply transfers? Before or after I spray varnish the guy? I would assume before.
Just waiting on some blues in the mail to brighten the shoulder trim (8th company) and need to base, purity seal, lt. stripes and attempt to fix botched power sword.
Did my blacks turn out ok? I think I highlighted too much with the brighter grey.

Please post pictures of the Nurgling chaos lord/sorceror.

black is perfect to me, it's nice to see someone do it well, I see so many BT armies where they just apply chaos black spray and white shoulder pads and call it a day

quick blurry update on my plaguebearers. should be done by tonight. behind you can see a shittier, older plaguebearer. also it turns out the boxes of plaguebearers come with 25cm bases but in the start collecting, they get 32cm ones, so my unit aesthetic is fucked. oh well.

So what do you guys listen to while painting?
youtube.com/watch?v=9LD3NKlS55g

Painting? I don't know, I just started and the weather is too shit to prime. Probably nothing though, I found out while modeling that listening to music makes me make more mistakes.

Kpop.

dan carlins hardcore history
horus heresy audiobooks
the great classes lectures

or just spotify playlists

Vidya soundtracks are nice to listen to, especially Okami's (plus its kinda thematic)
youtu.be/YFj_v1DrLDc

Otherwise its podcasts of various topics (mostly from the Last Podcast Network) and music. Pop, power metal, 80s, old school country, folk rock, and I listen to a lot of Love Live shit because I'm a gay weeb of the lowest caliber

After, though you want to spray varnish with gloss. You can spray it again with matte after the decals have set.

after days of fearfully staring at my sorc i finally decided to commit to leadbelcher>stormhost>gem for the eye. i don't think it turned out very well but i want to just finish the model and be done with it.

anybody know a better way to do things like that? i was wanting an iridescent look.

also don't look at the edge highlighting

>tfw will have to clean airbrush again before model is complete
Thanks, I saw some guides that had people brush on a gloss before applying transfer, guess I just forgot. Plus if I gloss the whole model before a matte it'll have the added benefit of a tougher coat I guess

I usually have some Trek or old school Chinese cartoons on in the background.

Watching DS9 for the 1 millionth time. It's a Miles "Better dead than Spoonhead" O'Brien episode.

I need ideas for mass produced Crusaders. I cant stand the idea of the entire squad being made of two poses.

>doxxing
this isn't /b/
the kind of faggot who would do that, would never come to a place like this. It's too genteel a board.

ideas as in what they should look like or where to get the parts from?
Cause there is a fucking huege aftermarket for GW conversion parts. Whatever you want to build it's probably just a matter of knowing where to look for it.

>ideas as in what they should look like or where to get the parts from?
both
I want to make a ten man squad of inquisition crusaders but I dont know where to get parts that will look good
I do generally still want them to be knightly and robed preferably with double edged swords rather than sabers.

Nigger you can plainly see the return address. What do you think doxxing is?

he was saying on this board someone is less likely to act on it, i think

how about these
crusaderminiatures.com/prod.php?prod=864&cat=5&sub=60&page=1
with the skitarii sallet helmets?
Or the Fireforge plastic versions of that.
I think If you get some Empire Greatswords and put a sci-fi helmet on them they'd be perfect for 40k as well.

If you want to do GW only bits some people have done really nice conversions with the AoS blood warriors.
Or you could plopp scion torsos onto robed legs from any of the fantasy elf factions or even Dark Angel bits.

Anvil also has some parts in their IG regiments line that may come in handy for conversion like that.

Hmm, those look pretty good. Thanks for the tip user.
>Anvil also has some parts in their IG regiments line that may come in handy for conversion like that.
I actually use a shitload of anvil industries in my medieval themed guard regiment. They've become a top tier resource for IG since they've added their dress uniform line

Just gonna say that it's someone elses personal information, not yours, so by default just assume that they don't want it spread around like that. Unless they tell you otherwise, you should always treat another persons info as if it it was your own info and you don't want it getting out.

Example of giving out someone elses information, hypothetical since I was raised not to be an idiot about this stuff and to not give info like this to people I don't trust, or to make it publicly available. My brother is in his mid 20s and still doesn't know the alarm code for our parent's house because they never trusted him to not give it out to his friends, and so no other siblings gave it to him because it's parents info and we knew the parents didn't want him to have it.
>Have a longtime family friend staying at house for several months after getting out of the military/jail for non-violent crime/college but has fallen off track/etc, just till they find a job and place to stay
>Give them a house key for door lock
>Tell them the security code for alarm, so it can still be used (why have it if you don't use it?)
>"Hey I invited some friends over later, I gave them the alarm code so they could let themselves in, I hope that's ok."
>"I'm going to be gone for the day, but I need some of my stuff packed up and moved, so I told the code to my friends and they'll come by to move it for me."
>"I told my girlfriend the code so she could come and go as she pleases."
Bonus points if they're also the type of person to tell their friends where the spare house key is.

Now they know the alarm code, and even if they aren't the type to act on it, they might tell it to one of their friends, who might be the type to act on it, or who might be dimwitted/blabbermouth.
>"Oh my friend is staying at this families house, I visited him and I'm super jealous, they have 'nice expensive things'. Oh their alarm code? Ya I know it, it's '12345'."

Secret Santa is no longer user

Reported

Currently fleshing out ideas for an Inquisition Acolyte. I'm planning to shave the aquila off his chest and paint a red I on it.

Anyone have the 2018 Games Workshop New Years Resolution type sheet?