>media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/resources/rules/MagicCompRules_21031101.pdf

>Current Modern Metagame
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

>thread q's
What card would you like to be playable in modern?
Whats your favorite card?

And this time too I didn't get a Lili. I suppose I should be satisfied, though, it could have ended much worse than this.

Someday I'll get a pack fresh Lili.

I wish Birthing Pod hadn't been banned. I only got into Modern recently and it seems like it was a fun deck

Fuck pod. Broken ass artifact. Just build one for casual play

The virgin tron and the chad burn

Maybe I should but I can only play on Xmage

Any cards that you want to see unbanned or banned?

Personally I would just have Ancient Stirrings banned.

>playan
4 color humans. Just got off BW hatebears and the change has been excellent, way easier to pilot and I don’t feel like an asshole for GQing people so often
>hatan
Storm
>brewan
A soulflayer deck with that new white elder Dino from RIX

I think Splinter Twin should be unbanned. As for bans, I don't know, but I really dislike playing against super agressive decks so frequently some nights.

>unban twin
Are you being ironic or just stupid?

Ban Liliana, Snapcaster and Karn.

>most expensive fetch, snap and DS

That's a really good one though.

Even wizards admits they banned it for a stupid reason.

>paid €220 (lowest price in Europe)
>value of cards €180
Yep, a very good one.

No but really the only thing I cared about was getting a Liliana, I didn't care about losing money.

There was literally nothing wrong with Twin you filthy Tron player

So just buy 4 lilis. its was the same price as what you paid

Hey, man, that unfair. I play Tron and I want Twin back. I don't even know why people meme that Tein shat on Tron. All you have to do is side in Remand. The Teim player never expects it

>UTron
Not a real Tron deck dude, it's actually a fun and respectable build instead of the ol' anus-ramp golem slamming that we all reminisce fondly of

You do realize the Gx Tron has access to every colour right?

Imho feeding Stirrings and Scrying is still gay, the fact that extra colors are almost free for you allowing sideboard Remand pedantry is doubly gay

t. Condescendfag

>tfw winning against tier decks with my superfriends brew
Nothing like making opponents rage quit the match in game one because I can remove anything they play.

I run seven ORings mainboard in enchantress, how many does superfriends carry?

>Are you being ironic or just stupid?
Go back to standard kid. WotC admitted twin was banned only to play with the pro tour meta and not because it was degenerate.

Fun fact: every deck can run city of brass or mana confluence. Anybody can sideboard anything of they wanted to

True, but only true in the most pedantic of definitions. Sure you get some white sideboard cards, maybe some lifegain cards for burn, but are you really getting the same bang for your buck? So lifegain cards in the sideboard is off the table, who gives a shit right?
I'm down for a rainbow deck, but with only 8 copies of the mana source you need, that Wear/Tear you bring in also needs to combine with 1 of 8 copies out of 60. So fuck 8 lands, go full rainbow with Gemstone Mines and Orchards, or Vivid lands, and carry the downsides of each of them?
tl;dr rainbow landpool is too small to have enough cohesion except in fringe cases (tribal memes and jeskai ascendancy memes, since cavern and gemstone fill out slots

This.
I love opening stuff, but if you're after something specific, buying it direct it really the best way.

My list has none.

Does anyone have that Spirit Tribal list we all made together?

Honestly I'd ban Liliana if I could, not because I think she's too strong or unfair, but for variety. I have decks that I can't justify not using her in, but I'd be happier if I could play around with other cards in those slots.

Numagic is pretty ass, but DAMN if this isn't a cool magical card

8 mana 5/5 that dies easily
nice

Move over buddy

>created a very powerful shell on the bridge of T 1.5
>shell is a brewers paradise, so many different builds of the deck that has seen success
>not to mention it's fun as fuck and isn't a mindless dump your hand-style aggro
>with the way Wizards prints creatures, it's only going to get better from here
Cuck Rat and dinos can eat my ass.

What is it? I want to know.

>banning Karn

Focusing on the symptom.
Ban tron instead.

Or you could just fetch an off color shock. It ain't that hard user. Burn does it all the time for destructive revelry

So if you have aether flash in play do you just get infinite raptors?

It was a beautiful deck, and definitely the most fun to play in Modern history.

Thanks, Siege Rhino.

I would ban Blood Moon, Rest in Piece, maybe Leyline of Sanctity.

Pretty tired of these "hate" cards. They're poorly designed and they completely destroy format diversity.

Thalia is bad enough.

Just play standard if you don't like interaction

I mostly play Cube and Vintage.

Standard is all right, sometimes, I guess.

There is no way you play Vintage and yet complain about hate. Get the fuck outta here with that tryhard bullshit

>I would ban Blood Moon
So fucking 5c good stuff runs over Modern?

How diverse.

You are such a fag, holy shit
>wanting any of those cards banned

This was shit when you argued about how viable it was on Reddit and it's shit now.

>Liliana
She's not even a 4x anymore in anything but 8Rack.

do you actually play mtg?

FNM reports, lads?

Played Mardu Pyromancer and went 3-0 against Abzan Midrange, GDS, and Tron. Ended going 6-1 in all games.

>playing timmy-johnny hybrid cards fairly
I was thinking it wins the game somehow ala splintertwin. The cmc is fucking bonkers though
That would unfortunately tie the game as endless raptors flooded from the aether
>implying I use reddit
Ha, you've outed yourself!!
WE GOT A REDDITOR OVER HERE FOLKS, REDITOR REDITOR!

that's not numagic that's like Torment 2

At the risk of sounding really stupid,

could you use an instant removal spell to kill the initial raptor after say, token number 983,401,324?

I wasn't inferring that Pack Rat was numagic though.

That wouldn't do anything.
New raptors enter regardless of if the original dies with that loop.
That is if I'm understanding your question correctly

>moon stompy with TTB+Sneak Attack+this+Impact Tremors+that raptor

i'd play it. you can take as long as you want to set up janky magic cards when your opponent can't play. i mean it's a legacy deck because that card and SA are legacy cards but still i love prison and combo jank.

You guys got tips for a new commer going to the pre release? I'm not sure how should I build the deck, just based on the strongest cards I get?

Look over the spoilers for the set before you go and try to find cards you might enjoy playing with to look out for when making your deck.
Other than that, I can't give any more advice seeing as I've never bothered going to a prerelease; sealed and draft just isn't for me.

Okay thanks for the heads up, yeah I'm only doing it cause of my friends otherwise I wouldn't do it

Is there ever a time buying a box is better than singles?

The only time is if you're planning on drafting with it.
If you're only playing constructed you should never buy a box.

Do you people play with cards in different languages or is it plain English?

Its like you guys keep giving me an excuse to post these

I like German cards they sound menacing

>I was thinking it wins the game somehow ala splintertwin
It might be usable in Standard. Ramp as much as possible and combo with Forerunner of the Empire

Why are Italian cards cheaper than English?

We had this discussion last thread. Italian is a fucking ugly language that doesnt even have cool cards

>Wurmspiralmaschine

Sounds cool as fuck desu

Wurmspiralmaschine is the best German card.

That's why you have Warstorm Surge.

>So fucking 5c good stuff runs over Modern?
Death's Shadow and Humans are already doing just that.

What's the satisfaction in that? I want to open it from a pack.

And by the way a mint copy of Liliana is already at 72+shipping on magiccardmarket. That's €290+shipping for 4 cards (no one seems to sell playsets at that price).

>samefagging

Here's your (You) Mario

>butthurt Fritz discovered Photoshop
Cute.
Your language will always be shit, now go eat a weisswurst with rotten krauts.

Can anyone comment on the cardboard quality of Rivals of Ixalan? The prerelease was last night. Did WOTC finally fix the quality?

>Being this booty blasted

Whatever makes you sleep better grease ball

Golden coming from a beer belly with stick legs.

Sure thing Guido

I'm not a fan of Tron at all but I hate seeing a deck build just get killed like how Twin did. Would restricting the Tron lands have a strong enough effect?

Cool story Ghunter.

u mad Francesco?

No, I love Germans.

It would reduce the feelbads from natural Tron. Although most of time they’re tutoring for the individual lands so it’s not as important. I suppose land destruction would certainly be better.

Just fuck already!

>guido
You called?

no ones going to get this reference

Sinkhole that hits nonbasics and only nonbasics?

Everyone and their mother have seen 8 and a half.

Kek, not even fucking close. Learn from Mussolini, and acknowledge German superiority

Learn from Hitler and kill yourself.

so you would have 290 worth of cards for 290
instead of 180 for 220

and you still need to shell out the 290 anyway...

nice 8 mana target for dismember, lol

if it copied on being targeted it would almost be playable, but still no trample

why would I ever cast this over Reality Smasher?

I don't even play...

last 2 winning decks were scapeshift and control

Then why ban an anti greedy lands card if it is not even good enough to stop 5c?

9 packs of original Innistrad in English for €91. Should I buy?

Forgot to mention.
My fear is that they opened a box, pulled a Liliana and decided to sell the remaining packs full price.

Does she see play? If not, can she see play? I think she sounds pretty good.

Never buy loose packs of older sets. Resealing has gotten near perfect to the eye and you can only tell by the glue.

If you wanna crack something, grab a box of Kaladesh or something.

It's so tempting though.
If only it was Summer I could go in person. It's too damn cold to travel for hours by motorcycle.
>Resealing has gotten near perfect to the eye
Video?

Oh, yeah, and I would be protected by eBay's policy. From what I'm told it works. I'd also keep the cards after I get the money back.

Not him, i guess thisi s relevant.