/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Space Marine Duels edition
IG order system for 30k when subedition

Last thread New rulebook
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

egg-head-minatures.myshopify.com/collections/weapons/products/warhammer-40k-forgeworld-sons-of-horus-loken-arm-left-bolt-pistol-bits
forgeworld.co.uk/en-JP/MKIIB-Land-Raider
youtube.com/watch?v=eZ3q9O3HVcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

With survivors of the Krooked Klaw Empire discovered within a spatial anomaly, Ferrus Manus weighs the perils of the unknown against the slight the orks' existence brings against his young legion's honour. In doing so, the Iron Hands will discover more dangerous xenos than orks.

I know I asked this in the other thread but ended up with no response.

Anyone?

How do Recon armor squads usually perform? I have an itch to run 10 carapace and cameoline snipers.

You sure you ain't pulling our leg?

> discover more dangerous xenos than orks
Eternal NPC race detected

Recon are a workable squad but make horrific snipers. As an example, your squad costs 275pts and boasts the same firepower as 100pts of Veterans.
The pessimistic view is that their best role is in a RG/AL Recon Company to give the rest of your army Shrouded. Depending on your Legion, this could be justification in itself.
However they make decent demolition platforms with squad-wide Meltabombs.
A Scouting, Infiltrating Rhino is a thing of horror with Turn1 Tank Shocks off the board.

Outside of a Recon Company, the Support Squad rule makes it difficult to justify them over a squad of Veterans. However within the Company, they are workable. Consider that your minimum investment is either 250pts of Tacticals or 300pts of Recon, and they don't look too horrible.

And Shotguns look awesome.

There's another five shorts with it, one of which is HH as well. Basically Guilliman redeeming himself which I have no interest in.

Anyways, basically trying to work out what is missing from my collection and how to obtain it.

I'm guessing Wolfsbane and Slaves to Darkness will be exclusive to the Weekender for a while? In which case, what are the chances of finding a copy on eBay? I would gladly buy one off of an user whose going on that note.

Obligatory 'What are you guys working on?'-post.

I myself am trying to work out a pose for Knight-Errant kitbash I'm fooling around with. Obviously still a ways to go.

Getting bitz together for the Nemean Reaver.

What's a good way to pull off a master-crafted bolt pistol?

use egg-head-minatures.myshopify.com/collections/weapons/products/warhammer-40k-forgeworld-sons-of-horus-loken-arm-left-bolt-pistol-bits this

Aquilon boys.

I made the foolish choice of trying to paint two thin stripes over my entire phobos and it's turned out to be a lot fucking harder than I thought.
Especially as I did one on a Proteus no problem. Something about the geometry on a Phobos makes it a cunt in comparison, which I was not expecting at all.

progress on my Sisters. Still have a bit to finish up. Hair, armor highlights, swords, bases... But I think it's turning out well and I'm pretty satisfied with the skin tone. Totally took a chance with the tattoos but I think I squeaked by.

working on my BA sky hunter jetbikes tonight

I've been reading, and I have a question: do Talons get Rites of War? Because it doesn't look like it.

maybe I'm a dumbass but is the Phobos basically just a Proteus?

the hulls are different and also the rules. Proteus is like the old epic LR in my memory

The Phobos is the normalish Land Raider. It just looks like a trapezoid with regular planes, so easy to paint straight continuous lines on right?
Esp compared to the Proteus which is two slabs sandwiching a smaller trapezoid.
Turns out the Phobos has a load of gribblies and raised bits all over it while the Proteus' planes are essentially flat.

Proteus is significantly cheaper in exchange for losing TL on the Lascannons, and the assault ramp.

Proteus doesn't have TL lascannons?

Apparently I am full of shit. You lose the Heavy Bolter but the Lascannons are full effect.
Even better, you can buy a third Lascannon and go full-on gunwagon for much cheaper than the Phobos.

> Do I need the Assault Ramp?
Take a Phobos/Spartan

> Do I want a mobile bunker?
Take the Proteus

Upgunning a Proteus is a trap, you take it for the Augury Web, which is +50, taking up to around base Phobos, and then taxi up first turn and ideally never move the fucker afterwards.

Of course Web is only useful if Reserves are even a thing in your matchup, but it can be a gamechanger.

So I assume it's this guy right?
forgeworld.co.uk/en-JP/MKIIB-Land-Raider

I found two Proteus variants but FW doesn't list a Phobos.

Yes. Phobos is just the classic pattern of Land Raider we all know, including the MKIIB

I have two Fire Raptors in the mail right now.

Problem.

I haven’t considered which turret weapons I want...at all. I’m assuming Heavy Bolters for hordes and autocannons for vehicles, but which typically performs better for the points? I want them identically armed.

more of us 30k bois should post our dudes likes this

unfortunately I haven't painted him yet I dont even know where to start on the perfect primarch

Do the blue first, then the gold.

I didn’t know Dorn had any blue on him.

t-the b-blue, the blue THE FUCKING BLUE!

okay, thanks home-slice

I'm up for it, it'll get me to actually paint consistently. Gonna post a bunch of bois. Already posted my girl-bois. Some may recognize the shovel bitter boi, idk

Why should he? It's reserved for the perfect primarch after all.

considering selling them, idk. Need to spice up the bases but we'll see I guess. As much as I want a bitter, trench company I don't play this game and I feel like 15+ years into this game is too late lol

considering stripping the paint and starting over but we'll see. Mostly just regret using spare recon squad packs for them.

>Gunpla and minis

Me in a nutshell

>PoorLittleLegionaryBoy.png

shovel boi is ready to dig! nice work. my EC need tier rhinos painted still now that I think of it

cool alpha legion! this is liam btw he likes music

Mine are too thicc....

I suck at it. I only did this half-finished Zaku because I got a random itch to get into 08th MS Team. He hangs in stasis for now.

Liam likes it raw and chaotic:
youtube.com/watch?v=eZ3q9O3HVcU

post em my boy

nice zaku II I think you can see my zaku I in one of the pics I sent with my EC

The Proteus is a 'scouting' Landraider, equipped with dual twin-linked lascannons, and options like the hull-mounted heavy bolter and an array system. The Phobos is what is used in 40k, with 2x TL Las and a hull HB standard, as well as a frontal assault ramp.

I'm working on converting some SoH Reavers over into DA Vets, partially inspired by pic related of .

Going pretty well, I'm gonna have to jury-rig a combi-GL for the sarge, however. The Reaver's helms look quite knightly if you scrape off all the spikes, so I seeded a couple here and there.

Hoping to prime them over the weekend, along with a bunch of other FW stuff that arrived with them.

Beep Beep

Make way for cute

lil babby

Fuck your legions, solar aux for the win!

HH apoc game in twin cities last week for battle of tallarn. HH lives!

Stupid phone flipping my images

Ahhh! Wtf chuck?

Ferrik Absalom of the Legio Mortis

Okay, rookie camera skills today. I'm gonna have to find the camera setting that is screwing up my posts to save you guys the neck strain...

bost bix of your bois in the dirt (cool titan though)

White scars army in progresd

Holy shit, image posted properly!

More! Images of iorn bois

very nice. I've been wrestling investing in WS or 1kSons

Chogoran brotherhood is a dope row. Outflanking plasma bikers are fucking awesome. I ally some solar aux in for leman Russ shenanigans and then drink my fill of traitor tears

Guys, have I missed something?

Dubs decides my legion.
I've got 14 pineapples and I'm ready to spend.

No. Rites of war are exclusive to Legions.

You get warlord traits from the main rule book but that’s it

Are there any special rules for Ixion Hale's axe?

SoH

Is it more worthwhile to give my Aquilons the adrathic guns or the special storm bolters?

It's just a Paragon Spear.

Adrathic in sets of 3-5 for hunting things, otherwise stick with the Lastrum Bolters with/or Firepikes only.

Magnetise so you don't have to choose

Lastrum stormbolters are shit. Their raw stats are bad and Heliothermic Explosion is a garbage rule that matters against practically nothing.
At least adrathic destruktors can deal with high saves and some armor values, even if their range and volume of fire is junk.
That said, I'd take firepikes 100% of the time if given a choice.

I'd personally go for the autocannon, it's a little more flexible. Fewer shots, but the higher strength makes them okay against a larger variety of targets, as well as light/medium vehicles.

Can't wait for the hot 8th edition rules to turn the most useless weapon into a rapid fire 2 s5 pa-1 d2 monster

I’ve never played Zone Mortalis but have my first game tomorrow.

I have twenty breachers and other things, what can I expect?

What legion ?

Fists. Opponent is Iron Warriors

You should do alright, the fists have a row dedicaced to zone mortalis, load up on flamer if your opponent don't have breachers.

The best choice next to Dark Angels.

What legion units are good/decent at taking out Custodes?

Are terminators an option?

Anything with blast and S10. Fist terminators in a storm eagles are good vs the spear cusstodes but don't bother with heteraons.

Terminators if outfitted with compi-plasma.
Vindicators can be good, but watch out for the 3" between them

Not especially spammable, but a forgelord with rad grenades can help.

Right, I'll add a plasma fist termi squad to my force for sure.

Add a forgelord with rad grenades so you can get instant death

[Dooting intensifies]

Artillery spam at S10 AP2 and other powerful long-range fire is my bane, but cataphractii with combi-plasma and fists also make me nervous.
In addition, anything that flies is a huge issue, as are large units of Fearless units with FnP, since my guys need the entire fucking game to grind them down.
Dreads also used to be a problem, but with the changes to meltabombs that's less of an issue usually.

I'm sorry dude, but mk8 is just a big no from me. Mk7 is already really borderline, but mk8? Come on man.

A knight-errant can wear anything he damn well pleases.

I remember watching this ages ago as a child.

I like the forge lord idea.

raptor jump packs HNNNNNNGGGG, I wish those bad bois were in plastic.

Isn't the topknot going to be sucked in jump pack?

Nice to see another WS player.

Good point.

WS being who they are, it's probably intentional. Like fixing a playing card to your bicycle's spokes to increase the noise.

What’s a good foundation for an Ordo Reductor force? I want to field a pimpin’ Porphyrion, fuck shit up with massive lasers

>medusas
>more medusas
>even more medusas
>oh shit, running low on heavy support, better think carefully about what to fill this fouth and final slot with
>haha just kidding it's medusas o'clock

>medusa
>not mars colossus bombard

>Buck teeth slant eyed helmets

That's a highly specific thing to make a poster about.

>>dat arch
>>dat ass
Man cartoonists back in the day knew how to draw a hot lady